Jarvis Landry Contract Situation

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cnwyatt
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Jarvis Landry Contract Situation

Postby Cnwyatt » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:09 am

It sounds like there hasn't been much (if any) progress in contract talks with the Dolphins. Headlines saying he won't talk a new contract after the season starts.

It would cost probably more than he is worth to franchise him so I feel like a deal has to be coming after the season is over. They did resign Stills and keep drafting WRs.

Wondering if anyone has any takes on his situation and future with the Dolphins?

BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Jarvis Landry Contract Situation

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:40 am

It would be glorious if he could get out of Miami. That's about the extent of my take.

Novacane
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Novacane » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:44 am

BigJoeWall72 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:40 am It would be glorious if he could get out of Miami. That's about the extent of my take.
Why would that be glorious? They literally feed him the ball. I can't think of many spots that would be an upgrade. Staying in Miami would at least be top 5 in terms of landing spots IMO.

BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:09 am

Novacane wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:44 am
BigJoeWall72 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:40 am It would be glorious if he could get out of Miami. That's about the extent of my take.
Why would that be glorious? They literally feed him the ball. I can't think of many spots that would be an upgrade. Staying in Miami would at least be top 5 in terms of landing spots IMO.
Check out his target rate after they shifted the offense to focus on Jay Ajayi in Week 5 last year. Only two double-digit target game in Weeks 5-17. Weeks 1-4 were all double-digit targets, as were 11 out of the 16 games in 2015.

His talent is undeniable, but I don't like how his situation is evolving. The only reason I'm not trading him away for a king's ransom this offseason is because he will explode (again) as soon as he gets in an offense that force feeds him the ball again (whether it be in Miami or elsewhere).

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:03 am

I agree that it would be better for Landry to leave Miami, assuming he goes somewhere that has a better QB than Tanny (not hard to find). However, this would be a huge blow to the Miami offense and Tanny's weaknesses will be exposed even more without Landry.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:00 am

BigJoeWall72 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:09 am
Novacane wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:44 am
Check out his target rate after they shifted the offense to focus on Jay Ajayi in Week 5 last year. Only two double-digit target game in Weeks 5-17. Weeks 1-4 were all double-digit targets, as were 11 out of the 16 games in 2015.

His talent is undeniable, but I don't like how his situation is evolving. The only reason I'm not trading him away for a king's ransom this offseason is because he will explode (again) as soon as he gets in an offense that force feeds him the ball again (whether it be in Miami or elsewhere).
Some of us have been saying for years IF you are force-feeding Landry the ball you are probably losing games. Not many teams are going to focus their passing attack around him and be successful.

I would be worried as a Landry owner the bottom could fall out at any time but at the same time he is a fun player to watch and root for. I think they are curious to see what Parker can contribute and paying Landy 10+M/yr is a massive committment
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:47 am

maxhyde wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:00 amSome of us have been saying for years IF you are force-feeding Landry the ball you are probably losing games. Not many teams are going to focus their passing attack around him and be successful.

I would be worried as a Landry owner the bottom could fall out at any time but at the same time he is a fun player to watch and root for. I think they are curious to see what Parker can contribute and paying Landy 10+M/yr is a massive committment
This...my guess is Landry ends up back in Miami because he wants to be there and the real life NFL market for his services isn't going to be as strong as his fantasy point scoring output would indicate.

I don't usually like to be hot-takey, but I also don't expect he remains a fantasy stud for reasons mentioned above. As the offense shifts away from him as the focal point, he'll become Miami's version of Randall Cobb. But I like Cobb so for me that isn't a huge insult.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:56 pm

I'm buying Landry in PPR leagues where I can. I believe he is underrated but have seen some owners more willing to part with him.
BUY
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:03 pm

As said above, if you're running your O through a slot receiver, you're probably not going deep into the playoffs. I think the Dolphins will pay him, as much for the intangibles as for the production. Landry is a hard-nosed, tough and insanely competitive SOB and I think Gase will see the value in him. I suspect that the injuries on the O-line were as much to blame for the target drop-off as the emergence of Ajayi. I like Landry in Miami as he ticks the boxes that increasingly concern me in player eval. He's a hugely dedicated player and his head coach and scheme are intelligent.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:55 pm

I'm of the opinion that Landry will be a steady chain-mover for an offense practically anywhere he goes, so I'm not sure his contract situation really matters a whole lot to us. Miami probably isn't his ideal fantasy situation anyway. If he stays in Miami, fine, good, he's obviously a proven fantasy WR2 there now, and if he leaves, fine, good, he'll still probably be a great fantasy WR2 somewhere else with upside for better than that if in conjunction with a better QB than Tannehill.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:27 pm

Tannehill is terrible because he has an ineffective deep ball. I have no idea how people think that's holding Landry back. While I agree that Landry would maintain value in most situations, I don't think he'd suddenly spike in value going elsewhere either.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:11 pm

I don't think Landry will lose much of any value if he stays in Miami, I think that what he loses in catches, he should make up in more scoring opportunities. That's been one of the knocks on him, that he doesn't score many TDs but as the Dolphins offense gets better, his TDs are bound to go up, imo.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:49 am

As an owner of Landry and Parker my fingers are crossed Landry walks. Would like to see both blossom. Landry going somewhere like San Fran if they could sign Cousins would be huge, maybe even Philly. Granted it could be worse but with Ajayi, Parker, Thomas, Stills, it's getting crowded and tough to see the targets he needs continuing. Plus I don't want two Dolphins WRs.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:23 pm

Chris_R wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:49 am As an owner of Landry and Parker my fingers are crossed Landry walks. Would like to see both blossom. Landry going somewhere like San Fran if they could sign Cousins would be huge, maybe even Philly. Granted it could be worse but with Ajayi, Parker, Thomas, Stills, it's getting crowded and tough to see the targets he needs continuing. Plus I don't want two Dolphins WRs.
I like that idea of Cousins and Landry in SF, that could actually happen with all of the cap space that the 49ers will have again next off-season.

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:53 am

smallxl wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:56 pm I'm buying Landry in PPR leagues where I can. I believe he is underrated but have seen some owners more willing to part with him.
BUY
I agree here. Landry has been the only WR on this team and still producing with what has been called a bland offense and a placeholder level QB for years. If he picked a home well he could be very efficient. If the team has a WR worth covering or a TE that has one hand defenses will be more open than garbage Miami. I hope he leaves. I also hope his stock plummets by week 4 during the Parker/Stills breakouts that keep getting touted.
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st