DGB: Round 3

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Re: DGB: Round 3

Postby StableOfRBs » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:41 am

If you're in a league where you can only start players who are over 6'3" he might be a 10th round pick in a 9 round draft
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:21 pm

Dgb. Lol. Another terrible hyped wr. When will the community learn?
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:33 pm

How about Cincy, Marvin Lewis has a good history at coaching up and getting the best out of questionable character or low intelligence players. He doesn't seem to be able to reach them off the field, but maybe it would help DGB on it.

Novacane
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Novacane » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:25 pm

I beleive that the Titans are behind this and that it is just a motivation tactic.
Team 1

12 Team .2 PPR (1 PPR after 5 rec), salary cap.

1QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 1-3 TE.

QB: Eli, Wentz, Romo
RB: DJ, Freeman, Hyde, Coleman, Mathews
WR: OBJ, ARob, Watkins, Moncrief, White, Gordon, Hogan, Woods
TE: Gronk, Ebron

2017 Picks: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2

12 team .2 PPR (full point after 5 receptions), salary cap. 1QB, 0-3RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE.

QB: Wilson,
RB: Drake, Marshall
WR: OBJ, Alshon, TY Hilton, Jordy Nelson, Benjamin, Parker, Doctson, John Brown, Shepard
TE: Eifert, Ebron,

2017 Picks: 1.06, 1.10, 2.06, 3.01, 3.10

Team 3 (3rd Year Orphan)

12 team .2 PPR (full point after 5 receptions), salary cap. 1QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 1-3 TE.

QB: Brees, Kaep
RB: DJ, Forte, Dion Lewis, White, Drake, Ellington
WR: OBJ, Matthews, John Brown, Fuller, Parker, White, Lockett, Treadwell, Hogan, Sharpe
TE: Brate, Ladarius, Kendricks

2017 Picks: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:53 pm

We missed the signs
Team Tacos wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:49 pm Just saw an interview with him from his pro day. He sounds like the worlds biggest dumbass when he talks. Do yall consider that when drafting? Honestly it knocks him down a few spots for me. Is that bad?

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:31 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:06 am I remember when so many people were saying it was a good thing that he was discarded from the Titans.
That was the last chance for anyone to get some sort of value for him while they fantasized that the Eagles had "big plans" for him.

It's not exactly a good thing when a team spends a 2nd round pick on you and trades you for a backup offensive lineman a year later. DGB isn't going to be anything in the NFL. He's all talent, no substance. Dime-a-dozen.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:01 pm

I'm pretty sure that he won't end up in Dallas. They re-signed T.Williams and Brice Butler this offseason and drafted Ryan Switzer. It's not happening, imo. My bet would be SF, just because they are rebuilding and they don't have a real good WR group right now.

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:03 pm

Could be a sick arena football WR. Hope to see him on the Chicago Rush come fall.
#FreeCoreyDavis

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:53 am

IR1 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:02 am KC- he played at Mizzou, maybe a homecoming would help?
KC may have the worst WR depth in the NFL. I could see them adding him as a 90 man body/roster flier. Since he got expelled from Mizzou I doubt that connection means much to him. However he grew up in Springfield, MO where 95% of people are Chiefs fans so it's possible he'd go there if he got multiple offers... He might get no offers.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Krang
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krang » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:31 pm

It's hard to get upset/sad by his failure, honestly, even if you spent a relatively high (mid-late 1st) pick on him like many of us probably did. Anyone picking him should have been doing so with the knowledge that he was an ultimate boom or bust prospect, especially since he had been away from football for so long by the time he was drafted. Write him off as spilled milk and move on I guess.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:43 pm

Krang wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:31 pm It's hard to get upset/sad by his failure, honestly, even if you spent a relatively high (mid-late 1st) pick on him like many of us probably did. Anyone picking him should have been doing so with the knowledge that he was an ultimate boom or bust prospect, especially since he had been away from football for so long by the time he was drafted. Write him off as spilled milk and move on I guess.
:clap:

Pretty much what I think. Sometimes you swing and miss - not every prospect hits, and any swing you dont take is a strike regardless. Of course I am sure people who traded the pick or DGB for something are happy they did.

I still think if he lands with the right organization, and gets more than a 1 year tryout (which is basically all he's gotten so far), he could actually do something (ie like WR4-5). We are talking about a guy with less than 2 full years of college play, and 2 different NFL organizations with different schemes/language in the last 5 years - so it is not like he has had any real stability (obviously a lot of which can be attributed to him).

But the chances of him being a WR1-2 are likely done. :(
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajmyk » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:44 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:51 am DGB was always high risk, high reward. The issue was that a lot of people significantly underplayed the risk variable. It was astonishing seeing some of the capital invested in this guy. He had not shown nearly enough to warrant the status he was receiving either. Can't say I'm surprised at all at where he's ended up. He will get another shot though. Wouldn't surprise me if the Jets tried to give it to him. He could actually get playing time too.
Now that's not fair.
Yes, the guy was an huge risk players, and a lot of dynasty owners were cautious with him, but his failure didn't mean they were right.

He was high risk because of his off-field issues in college, and as far as we know he managed to stay away from off-field issue since the draft. His failure has nothing to do with that, it's another matter totally. I don't remember anyone refraining from drafting him as a rookie because of his low football IQ.

You may think there is a correlation between low IQ and off-field problems, but Bell and Elliott had each more off-field issues than DGB the last 2 years but they're still performed as studs and are drafted early in start up.
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:34 pm

So Matt Harmon released some stats when he was looking at incoming WR and how often they lined up on one side of the field.

Guys like DGB, Doctson, Kevin White, Chad Hansen, Zamora, Treadwell, Juju all played exclusively on one side of the field 80+% of the time.

Now, this has to be taken with some salt as I don't know if he compiled data on 2015, 2014, etc. BUT if a lot of these guys above flame out....it could be a warning sign.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:00 pm

DGB, Kevin White, Treadwell all had major red flags coming out of college and where they lined up had nothing to do with it. I don't like Kevin White but I mean the guy has been hurt, Doctson too.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:38 am

I'm still a DGBeliever. It has only been two years (in two offences) which is too early to give up on a raw rookie prospect. These days some of you are so used to the instant gratification of your rookie prospect going to the Pro Bowl year 1 that you forget what this game used to be like. It is possible that it takes time to get good.

Terrelle Pryor had the athleticism and successfully made the transition to WR in a couple years. It took Kenny Britt 7 years to start to live up to his athleticism. People always look at the failures but I still feel it's more likely for an athletic freak like DGB to figure out the game than for someone slow like Funchess to magically become fast or someone short like Tavon Austin to magically become tall.

Where do I want him to land? The Raiders are open to giving Patterson a chance, and DGB could fill the Andre Holmes role and get a few red zone looks since they lack a receiving TE. Cleveland had a hand in Pryor's success, maybe someone there could work miracles on DGB. The easiest route to playing time might be on the Bills, Jets, Texans, Lions, Falcons, Panthers, Rams, 49ers. Out of those I would love to see him in Carolina.