Who's your Late-round Rookie Sleeper?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Who's your Late-round Rookie Sleeper?

Postby gausec » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:02 pm

I like Jehu Chesson, and Kenny Golladay. I think they have favorable depth charts.

Chesson with KC should have a chance to make an impact, I don't see Hill as a real WR 1 so I see Chesson and company getting chances to shine. Chesson was a 4th rounder, but the cheifs traded up to get him, so I'll take him as a late gamble.

Golladay is a 3rd rounder and I don't love the Lions depth chart.
12 team, 1PPR: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex
QB: Brees, Smith, Bortles,
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Buck Allen, Duke, Burkehead, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, C. Grant, Blount
WR: Hilton, Thielen, G. Tate, Edelman, Fuller, Cobb, R. Matthews, C. Meredith, Ginn, Amendola, Pryor, Hurns, J. Matthews
TE: Kittle, Eifert, Brate, McDonald, J. James
IR: K. Dixon, Jermey Hill

2019 Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th
2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:26 pm

gausec wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:02 pm I like Jehu Chesson, and Kenny Golladay. I think they have favorable depth charts.

Chesson with KC should have a chance to make an impact, I don't see Hill as a real WR 1 so I see Chesson and company getting chances to shine. Chesson was a 4th rounder, but the cheifs traded up to get him, so I'll take him as a late gamble.

Golladay is a 3rd rounder and I don't love the Lions depth chart.
Really like Golladay. Think he will take some time to develop, but he fills a big need in Detroit since Calvin left town. They need a big bodied guy.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:54 pm

kamihamster wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:09 pm My sleeper caught my eye when watching the Shrine game, Elijah McGuire. He's a 6th round pick by the NYJ and has been labeled just a COP back but I can see him handling more if given the chance. His path to relevancy is not all that far fetched. Forte and Powell are ahead of him on the depth chart and both are old and injury prone. If one or both go down, the blurbs I'm seeing out of camp say that he's the clear 3rd RB, he will get some playing time. He performed well in college, yes, against lower competition, but in the Shrine game he shined. I picked him up with my 4.05 in my 12 team PPR, at that price give me him all day. Especially with the guys in front of him, and the state of the Jets. They seem to be getting rid of everyone and favoring the youth, and that would bode well for McGuire.
I'm with you here, he is my top "sleeper" RB as well, and I actually prefer him over more heralded players like Joe Williams, M. Mack. I am actually surprised McGuire hasn't received any hype, but it helps keep him affordable. Scoop him up now while his price is cheap!

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:16 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:24 am TE is the easy late round money in this draft. George Kittle is already taking first team reps in a Shanahan coached offense. Bucky Hodges, Adam Shaheen & Jonnu Smith are metrics favorites. A lot of people are expecting Everett to fill the Reed role in McVay's offense. Butt seems to be getting some love coming off a major injury.

Dede's late breakout age and poor agility score turned me off of him. He also weighed in 10 lbs lighter than Cooks for his pro-day run and Perine ran roughly 0.06 second slower at the combine than at the Oklahoma Pro Day. I'm not sure I buy his Pro Day time and I would expect it to slow once he gets up to an NFL weighr. Add the off-the-field stuff (allegedy getting kicked out of a combine interview, multiple assaults on his ex) and there's a reason he's going so late.

If I'm looking for a late-round receiver, I probably grab Amara Darboh. His college numbers aren't going to blow you away, but he checks all the metrics boxes, has seemingly good character and seems to have the size and skillset to challenge Jermaine Kearse for the blocking receiver role. With McEvoy out, he doesn't have much competition (Lockett & PRich are both too small to play the role effectively). While I don't expect elite numbers, he could be a solid bye week replacement in a year or two in deeper leagues.

I hope this guy stays in the league for 15 years like Jason Witten, I'm going to have a blast with the jokes if he does.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

kaius
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kaius » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:23 pm

Amara Darboh

Has size, speed, large hands, developed route tree, maturity, and no one great ahead of him in Seattle, as far as a true X receiver goes. I think his floor will be a long career as a WR2/3, with the upside of a workhorse, line up anywhere type of #1 receiver, a bit like Keenan Allen.
10-team PPR 30-man rosters QB WR (x3) RB (x2) TE W/R/T(x3) SuperFlex

QB: Wilson, Brady, Goff, Roethlisberger
WR: Green, Antonio, Julio, M. Thomas, Gordon, DT, Lockett, Godwin, Cole, Miller, Washington, C Williams, J Matthews, A Wilson, J Reynolds
RB: Gurley, Conner, L Miller, Lynch, Foreman, Martin, CJA, Kelly, Hill, McGuire, Warren
TE: Gronk, Hooper, Goedert, Paul, Gathers

12-team PPR 29-man rosters QB RB (x2) WR (x2) TE W/R/T (x3) K DEF

QB: Newton, Dalton
WR: Davis, Cooks, Lockett, Sanders, Godwin, C. Coleman, A. Miller, J. Matt, Reynolds, Darboh, Dorsett,J Watson, D. Moore
RB: Kamara, Mixon, Cook, RoJo, Yeldon, Barber, L. Murray, Walton, Scarbrough, Tavon
TE: Graham, Ebron, Goedert, Shaheen, Vannett, Gathers
K: Crosby
DEF: Denver, Carolina, Cincinnatti

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:46 pm

I like the Robert Davis call. He's my favorite late round sleeper if there is room on the roster.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:56 pm

Jonnu Smith, Brian Hill, Robert Davis & Josh Malone all went undrafted through four rounds in my league and I was happy to add them off waivers and deposit them on my taxi squad.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Death_From_Above
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Death_From_Above » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:40 pm

I'll echo the Brian Hill and Robert Davis calls. Only add them now if you can stash them, if not then all your going to do is draw attention to them for someone else to grab when you drop them. I don't think either will have much value this year due to log jam's on the roster. But next year is a new year :)

Fantasy>>>Reality
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasy>>>Reality » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:02 pm

motherlode wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:46 am My guy wasnt a guy i targeted at all in my first draft way back in the middle of May, but the more i read about him, the more and more he ended up on my various rosters. So far ive drafted him in 5 drafts

Tarik Cohen, The Human Joystick

1) Measurables: Third fastest 40 time for RB. 10 1/8 inch hands (which look comically large on his 5'6" 180 lb frame with his bright yellow gloves in his combine video) 10th best 3 cone drill.

2) Draft Pedigree: He was drafted in the 4th round, ahead of draft darlings Joe Williams, Jamaal Williams, Marlon Mack, Donnell Pumphrey, Jeremy McNichols, Aaron Jones, Brian Hill and TJ Logan. No, Cohen will never be a 3 down back like some of these guys may end up being. His ceiling is almost assuredly as a pass catching complimentary back. But as Darren Sproles, Danny Woodhead and Theo Riddick have taught us, those guys can be very useful (obviously in a PPR format)

3) College production: He played at a lower level, but he dominated that level thoroughly. Cohen topped 1000 yards rushing in all four seasons in college, topping 1500 both his junior and senior year, and scored 56 rushing TDs. He also caught almost 100 passes in college. He won the MEAC Offensive Player of the Year his sophomore, junior and senior years.

4) Opportunity A: The Bears offense is anything but settled. Cam Meredith is the closest thing they have to a sure thing. Zach Miller is a million years old, and Adam Shaheen was playing glorified HS football last year. Maybe Kevin White lives up to his draft pedigree. Maybe Markus Wheaton or Kendall Wright step up. Maybe Viictor Cruz or Rueben Randle rise from the dead. Or maybe none of that happens.

5) Opportunity B: Jordan Howard isnt likely to be too active in the passing game. Benny Cunningham is a nice COP back, and a decent flier in a PPR league, but he also isnt anything special.

6) Opportunity C: The NFL is a copycat league, and no coach or GM could have missed what Tyreek Hill did last year. (Yes i know Hill is a WR and Cohen is a RB, but really what they both are is "get them the ball in space" guys.) Obviously predicting Cohen will have anything next year like Hills season this year is a fools errand, but Hill doing what he did last year may give Cohen (and other smallish jitterbug backs) an opportunity where little to none existed before last season. And what more can you ask for from a 5th round pick but an opportunity. If he can get on the field Cohen getting 60-70 "in space" targets/touches doesnt seem unreasonable. It also isnt out of the realm of possibilities that he gets some work as a punt/KO returner.

7: Cost: I have drafted him at pick number #55, 49, 46, 60, and 43. So basically a late 4th or later.

8) Hype: And there are blurbs like this:

WGN Radio's Adam Hoge pointed out this interesting nugget about Cohen when minicamp concluded on Thursday:

"It’s very rare for me to point out the successes of a running back in non-padded “underwear” practices, but it seems evident that fourth-round draft pick Tarik Cohen has some incredible talent with the football in his hands. Team rules prevent us from reporting specifics, but let’s just say there have been multiple times when he has done something in the backfield that was extremely noticeable."

Also this

Great post. You've officially put him on my radar. My only concern is that idiot John Fox.
25 Man Roster
12 team Superflex
.5ppr
Start 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex, 1TE
QB: Murray, Burrow, Cousins, Willis
RB: Najee, Gibson, Ken Walker, Miles Sanders, Darrel Williams
WR: Chase, CeeDee, Godwin, Mooney, Osborne, Eli Moore, Hardman, Ty Johnson
TE: Goedert, Trautman, Conklin, B Jordan
2023-1st x 2
2023- 3rd x 3

Fantasy>>>Reality
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasy>>>Reality » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:05 pm

I'm starting to buy into the Golladay hype.
25 Man Roster
12 team Superflex
.5ppr
Start 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex, 1TE
QB: Murray, Burrow, Cousins, Willis
RB: Najee, Gibson, Ken Walker, Miles Sanders, Darrel Williams
WR: Chase, CeeDee, Godwin, Mooney, Osborne, Eli Moore, Hardman, Ty Johnson
TE: Goedert, Trautman, Conklin, B Jordan
2023-1st x 2
2023- 3rd x 3

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:11 pm

motherlode wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:46 am My guy wasnt a guy i targeted at all in my first draft way back in the middle of May, but the more i read about him, the more and more he ended up on my various rosters. So far ive drafted him in 5 drafts

Tarik Cohen, The Human Joystick

1) Measurables: Third fastest 40 time for RB. 10 1/8 inch hands (which look comically large on his 5'6" 180 lb frame with his bright yellow gloves in his combine video) 10th best 3 cone drill.

2) Draft Pedigree: He was drafted in the 4th round, ahead of draft darlings Joe Williams, Jamaal Williams, Marlon Mack, Donnell Pumphrey, Jeremy McNichols, Aaron Jones, Brian Hill and TJ Logan. No, Cohen will never be a 3 down back like some of these guys may end up being. His ceiling is almost assuredly as a pass catching complimentary back. But as Darren Sproles, Danny Woodhead and Theo Riddick have taught us, those guys can be very useful (obviously in a PPR format)

3) College production: He played at a lower level, but he dominated that level thoroughly. Cohen topped 1000 yards rushing in all four seasons in college, topping 1500 both his junior and senior year, and scored 56 rushing TDs. He also caught almost 100 passes in college. He won the MEAC Offensive Player of the Year his sophomore, junior and senior years.

4) Opportunity A: The Bears offense is anything but settled. Cam Meredith is the closest thing they have to a sure thing. Zach Miller is a million years old, and Adam Shaheen was playing glorified HS football last year. Maybe Kevin White lives up to his draft pedigree. Maybe Markus Wheaton or Kendall Wright step up. Maybe Viictor Cruz or Rueben Randle rise from the dead. Or maybe none of that happens.

5) Opportunity B: Jordan Howard isnt likely to be too active in the passing game. Benny Cunningham is a nice COP back, and a decent flier in a PPR league, but he also isnt anything special.

6) Opportunity C: The NFL is a copycat league, and no coach or GM could have missed what Tyreek Hill did last year. (Yes i know Hill is a WR and Cohen is a RB, but really what they both are is "get them the ball in space" guys.) Obviously predicting Cohen will have anything next year like Hills season this year is a fools errand, but Hill doing what he did last year may give Cohen (and other smallish jitterbug backs) an opportunity where little to none existed before last season. And what more can you ask for from a 5th round pick but an opportunity. If he can get on the field Cohen getting 60-70 "in space" targets/touches doesnt seem unreasonable. It also isnt out of the realm of possibilities that he gets some work as a punt/KO returner.

7: Cost: I have drafted him at pick number #55, 49, 46, 60, and 43. So basically a late 4th or later.

8) Hype: And there are blurbs like this:

WGN Radio's Adam Hoge pointed out this interesting nugget about Cohen when minicamp concluded on Thursday:

"It’s very rare for me to point out the successes of a running back in non-padded “underwear” practices, but it seems evident that fourth-round draft pick Tarik Cohen has some incredible talent with the football in his hands. Team rules prevent us from reporting specifics, but let’s just say there have been multiple times when he has done something in the backfield that was extremely noticeable."

Also this

This reminds me of that video people were passing around a couple years ago of Bishop Sankey catching a ball while doing a back flip
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:18 pm

deagsdan wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:02 pm Great post. You've officially put him on my radar. My only concern is that idiot John Fox.
That is my biggest reservation about Cohen as well. Fox seems like the last guy who would have the imagination to properly utilize a Tyreek Hill type player. But then, it might just be a 1 year problem.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:33 pm

jtd1387 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:18 pm
deagsdan wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:02 pm Great post. You've officially put him on my radar. My only concern is that idiot John Fox.
That is my biggest reservation about Cohen as well. Fox seems like the last guy who would have the imagination to properly utilize a Tyreek Hill type player. But then, it might just be a 1 year problem.
Fox also has a historical distaste for rookies, hell last year he was still trying to make Jeremy Langford happen until Howard was just too good not to use
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:45 am

I'd bet money that Fox and Pace are gone after this year, honestly, the Bears probably need it...........until they sign Jeff Phisher

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:19 pm

Taywan Taylor just dropped to me at 4.06 in a 12 team draft. People are sleeping on him due to situation. Guy has legit skills and good measurables