Mike Evans Trade Value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Get Mike Evans in trade for your draft picks, which offers would you accept (pick up to 6):

Poll ended at Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:02 am

15%
1.03 and '18 1st
16%
1.03 and '18 & '19 1st
26%
1.03 and '18, '19 & '20 1st
21%
1.03 and '18, '19, '20 & '21 1st
11%
1.03 and '18, '19, '20, '21 & '22 1st
11%

Total votes: 122

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Re: Mike Evans Trade Value

Postby thebeast » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:19 am

Yeah, the poll is a bit wonky. It's worded ok I guess, but is odd for a poll to allow people to pick all the options. My answer is I would pay 3 firsts for him. I would probably pay 1.01, 1.02, and 1.03 in this years draft (I don't own any shares of him) - my guess is a lot of owners wouldn't sell for that.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:14 am

thebeast wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:19 am Yeah, the poll is a bit wonky. It's worded ok I guess, but is odd for a poll to allow people to pick all the options. My answer is I would pay 3 firsts for him. I would probably pay 1.01, 1.02, and 1.03 in this years draft (I don't own any shares of him) - my guess is a lot of owners wouldn't sell for that.
While I wasn't answering the OP in my first post, this was the point I was making. We can all say we would deal a bunch of random firsts, but, Evans owners won't sell him for that. Obviously, the 1.01, 1.02 and 1.03 aren't random and it's still very close and prob not enough. It's just an oddly worded question and poll imo.

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:26 am

Depending on the state of the team I owned I think 1.01, 1.02, 1.03 is fair. Last year when people were more down on him I traded 1.02, 1.05 for him. This year he's both a top commodity & we have a relatively weak WR draft class. Those combined make him harder to trade for just draft picks.

Additionally, I would be reluctant to trade him for 1 first per year into the future. He's a stud and instantly devalues all the future 1sts you get in return. In retrospect you may look back at having traded him for 1.01, 1.09, 1.10.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

palevermilion
Role Player
Role Player

Postby palevermilion » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:03 am

Considering the bust rate of rookies, it just isn't worth it to give up young, proven elite talent for any number of lottery tickets. Even if your team was in a rebuild, it still wouldn't be worth it trade away Mike Evans unless it was a contract league. He turns 24 in August, entering his 4th year in the league, has had over 1,000 receiving yards each year, and has scored 27 TDs. You don't give up that just to play the lottery, regardless of the odds.

RASH
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RASH » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:25 am

rubber_duck wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:03 am
grooner wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:31 pm I think a lot of people misread the question. The 1.03 should be the highest by default, with the 1.03+18 first next etc.
Yes, the results should look that way. And the results can be partially (and inaccurately) repaired by making them at least equal to the largest.

But what I was chiefly interested in was how many people would simply continue to add future 1st picks until the trade got done. HereForTheComments said it the best; for all intents and purposes he said he would give all of his future 1st round picks for a player like Mike Evans.
Very interesting topic. & I agree.

IMO. At a certain point the picks are out so far that they do not have the same tangible value as those closer to their depreciation date (other than via trade/theoretical - so much can change that far out).

I would much rather send multiple far off (3-4 year out) future 1st round picks, than multiple picks/1sts this year or next. My logic is simply that due to Evens youth (23), I am betting on the side that I could complete a trade for him now & basically rent him for a few years (unitil age ~26) and excluding a major injury/freak retirement between now and then (a risk, but a calculated one) still trade him back for basically an equivalent package of picks.

So anything past this years draft and next, really is house money in my opinion (until it actually capitalizes). That is obviously making a number of assumptions, but a fun thought process none the less. All of the league I am in cap future pick trading to the short term (i.e. this years draft and next years. Once the season ends, this year becomes next and the following year opens up.)
#1) 12Team (PPR Dynasty) :wall:
(26ROSTER: QB/2RB/2WR/FLX/TE/DF/PK)
QB: L Jackson, J Burrow
RB: C McCaffrey, S Barkley, D Cook, C Akers, JK Dobbins, G Edwards, A Mattison, M Boone, G Bernard
WR: M Evans, A Cooper, DJ Chark, W Fuller, C Lamb, D Mims, G Davis, D Ppl-Jones, C Johnson
TE: L Thomas, I Smith Jr, H Hurst, T Conklin, D Njoku
Def: Vikings
PK: J Tucker
('2019/2020' Champion)

#2) 12Team (PPR Dynasty) :think:
(28ROSTER: QB/2RB/3WR/FLX/TE/DF/PK)
QB: J Allen, D Carr, S Donald, J Love, M Mariota
RB: S Barkley, D Cook, CEH, JK Dobbins, C Akers, S Ahmed, L Bell, K Ballage, D Ozigbo, M Boone
WR: M Evans, JuJu SS, AJ Brown, D Johnson, D Mims, G Davis, M Pittman, J Meyers, B Edwards, C Johnson
TE: E Engram, I Smith Jr, D Njoku
Def: Vikings, 49ers
PK: J Tucker
('2017/2018/2019' Champion)

~I'M THE CRAZY ONE AND I'M SUPER COOL. MY SMASH HITS WILL LEAVE'EM COLD!~

Dynastychamp111
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dynastychamp111 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:12 pm

I am probably the odd ball of the bunch but as an owner of Evans and someone who gave up multiple future first (4) to get AB i think my response is valid.

Two years ago the guy who owned AB wanted 4 first for him, No one wanted to give it, I did. Ended up being 1.12 in 16', 1.10 in 17' and the other two will be determined but from the looks of my team they will be late. After that trade, i traded Cooks for (2) picks that ended up being 1.3 and 1.4 in 2016, netted me Corey Coleman and Doctson. Then I traded D. Lewis in his hype for a 17' first that ended up being 1.4 (Mixon).

Point being is I would give up future first without a problem because you can trade for them so easily.

Now for me to sell Evans, I would need (5) first round picks. Younger than AB and I gave up 4 so i would need more.
10 Team SuperFlex PPR TE Premium Best Ball

QB: A. Luck, L. Jackson, K. Murray, T. Jackson
RB: D. Johnson, Damien Williams, T. Pollard, T. Johnson, Dexter Williams, D. Hilliard, B. Hill, J. Ajayi
WR: Juju, Tyreek Hill, AB, C. Godwin, T. Lockett, C. Kupp, T. Boyd, C. Kirk, MVS,T. Benjamin, Emanuel Hall, Preston Williams, J. Watson, Trent Taylor, Ashton Dulin, Scott Miller, Reggie White Jr,
TE: D. Harris, J. Reed, RSJ, ASJ, CJ Uzomah, D. Waller, Ben Watson, Max Williams, F. Moreau

12 Team PPR-4pt passing

QB-L.Jackson, P. Rivers,
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, D. Montgomery, M. Sanders, A. Ekeler, Dexter Williams. J. Hill, Ty. Johnson, D. Hilliard
WR: M. Evans, TY Hilton, A. Brown, T. Boyd, A. Miller, C. Kirk, Marquise Brown, P. Williams
TE: E. Engram, J. Doyle, D. Waller

NFL-ons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby NFL-ons » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:57 pm

Purchased two shares this year.

1.3 , 1.5 and Coco for Evans

And

Ross plus 3 2018 firsts (one almost guaranteed top 3) for Evans.

Needless to say, I'm very happy.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:36 pm

The wording of the question is tricky. I had to read it a few times to figure out whether it meant I was giving the firsts or giving Evans.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...