Sudden rule change to open up summer blind bidding? Yay or nay?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Re: Sudden rule change to open up summer blind bidding? Yay or nay?

Postby moishetreats » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:45 pm

And I'll go back to one more thing: the Commish seemed to make a ruling based on "popular demand" from "several GMs..." Who knows if that even meets the 50% requirement...!?!?
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:49 pm

Goddard wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:17 pm If everyone agrees, then it's fine. Otherwise I think the 2/3 vote is fair and the rule change shouldn't be enacted till the following season.
This.

I personally think it's silly to not have waivers all summer. Its a way to keep owners active 12 months, not just for football season. But I don't like changing any rules too abruptly, I am always a year out guy for any rules changing unless everyone in the league wants it. Little late to be making changes on a whim.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:06 pm

Chris_R wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:49 pm
Goddard wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:17 pm If everyone agrees, then it's fine. Otherwise I think the 2/3 vote is fair and the rule change shouldn't be enacted till the following season.
This.

I personally think it's silly to not have waivers all summer. Its a way to keep owners active 12 months, not just for football season. But I don't like changing any rules too abruptly, I am always a year out guy for any rules changing unless everyone in the league wants it. Little late to be making changes on a whim.
Personally, I'm cool with having some of my leagues do summer waivers, and others being locked up. There's good points to each system.

One thing that I LOVE about having the waiver wire be locked up all summer is that it makes the late rounds of the rookie/FA draft much more important. People covet the 4th round picks as it's their only change to lock in the summer sleepers. When the waiver wire is open in the summer, owning 4th round picks is pretty useless because most of those players will churn for better OTA risers.

But I'm ok with both systems, although I hate when the waivers process on different days across my leagues.

I do think summer waivers are better when all the owners in the league are equally sharky. If 4 owners are shark-churning, and the guppies aren't, they'll get left behind when the Tyrell Williams type of ships set sail.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:41 am

moishetreats wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:45 pm And I'll go back to one more thing: the Commish seemed to make a ruling based on "popular demand" from "several GMs..." Who knows if that even meets the 50% requirement...!?!?
I agree here. We have no idea if your leagumates want summer waivers. You'll get the answer to your question when you know this answer.