Let's Predict the 2017 Fantasy Season Award Winners

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Let's Predict the 2017 Fantasy Season Award Winners

Postby Tsunami » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:49 am

Breakout Star: Kevin White. Elite athleticism meets plenty of opportunity.
Biggest Bust: Can Allen Robinson win this two years in a row? Yes!
Comeback Player: Josh Gordon 2017.
Should Have Sold: LeSean McCoy. An injury prone 29 year old RB has an ADP of 30?
MVP: GRONK might not be #1 in points but he'll win the most leagues.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:31 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:32 am2017 "Should Have Sold When I Still Had the Chance" Winner: Amari Cooper- Still hasn't performed to his draft status. He needs to have a big year not just to maintain his dynasty value, but for his upcoming NFL contract. With Carr paid and Mack and Gabe Jackson up next, he needs to prove he's worth the Raiders re-signing... or prove to the NFL he's worth a heavy contract of any sort.
WTF...??
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

psfox2010
Captain
Captain

Postby psfox2010 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:38 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:31 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:32 am2017 "Should Have Sold When I Still Had the Chance" Winner: Amari Cooper- Still hasn't performed to his draft status. He needs to have a big year not just to maintain his dynasty value, but for his upcoming NFL contract. With Carr paid and Mack and Gabe Jackson up next, he needs to prove he's worth the Raiders re-signing... or prove to the NFL he's worth a heavy contract of any sort.
WTF...??
Exactly!!! What the hell?
10 team, Full PPR, 27 man roster
2018 Champion, 2020 Champion
QB/2 RB/2 WR/1 TE/2 Flex/Defense/Kicker

QB: Allen, Watson, Fields
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Harris Chubb
WR: Ridley, Cooper, Thielen, M. Thomas, D. Smith, Boyd E. Moore, R. Moore, Reagor, St. Brown
TE: Kelce, Fant, Engram
Defense: Denver
Kicker: Gay

2022: None
2023: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:58 am

MVP: Bell
Bust: So many...but I'll go with Fournette based on his price (at least for 2017).
Breakout: Funchess
Comeback: Allen and Lacy
Should have sold: Pryor

I'll also add Rookie of the Year: Cook

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:18 am

2017 MVP: AB. With Martavis back, enough coverage is taken away from him that he tears apart defenses.

2017 Biggest Bust: Zeke. Due to injury

2017 Breakout Star: Ty Montgomery. He'll be the new DJ

2017 Comeback Player of the Year: Martavis Bryant.

2017 "Should Have Sold When I Still Had the Chance" Winner: Drew Brees. Father time catches up with him, and it's noodle arm 2.0
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

brofinator
Rookie
Rookie

Postby brofinator » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:59 am

2017 MVP Winner: Le'Veon Bell. Bona fide stud, his ADP of 8 is a gift if you ask me. (Runner-Up: Jay Ajayi is going to have a monster year, as he continues to take over for the Dolphins. All aboard the J-Train!!)

2017 Biggest Bust Winner: Lamar Miller. I think he continues to look unspectacular and gets put into a committee situation with Foreman, which would put a big dent in his ADP of 48. (Runner-Up: This is a lazy one, but Donte Moncrief. His value never has and never will make sense to me.)

2017 Breakout Star and New Top24 Startup Fixture Winner: Zay Jones. Sammy continues to struggle with injuries as Zay breaks out and emerges as Tyrod's #1 guy in games that Sammy misses. Projecting a 75-950-7 line for him and the Bills let Sammy walk, paving the way for Zay to become a top 24 staple. (Runner-Up: Ty Montgomery. He will continue to be a target-hog out of the backfield for Aaron Rodgers and their non-traditional offense. Sure, the rookie runners will get some carries for them, but I still expect 15-20 high quality touches for Montgomery, especially as Cobb continues to disappoint and Adams cools off a bit from his 2016 season.)

2017 Comeback Player of the Year Winner: CJ Anderson. Don't think Jamaal Charles has much left in the tank and Booker was so incredibly underwhelming last year after CJA went down. I think CJ comes back strong and doesn't let go of his starting spot and maintains 20+ carries/game. (Runner-Up: Jeremy Maclin. He will be a very solid top 20-25 WR this year and become a safety valve for Joe Flacco. Love the Ravens for him, lots of opportunity.)

2017 "Should Have Sold When I Still Had the Chance" Winner: Greg Olsen. He is 32 years old, really tailed off to end 2016 and the Panthers are trying to revamp their offense through CMC and Curtis Samuel. I think they take a lot of receiving work away from him between the 20's and I think TDs will be hard to come by for him between Cam, the RBs and Funchess (as much as I think Funch sucks). (Runner-Up: Sammy Watkins. His foot issues concern me greatly and I think he finds himself on a new team, as previously mentioned, in 2018. I don't think he will be a top-24 fixture for much longer, this will be the year that those who have held onto him either sink or swim.)

Troyte83
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Troyte83 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:35 am

2017 MVP Winner: Odell Beckham Jr- He will take that leap into 1700-1800 receiving yards and another 10+ TD season with over 100+ receptions. We've seen the consistency from him, now he will take it to another level as he starts to hit his prime.

2017 Biggest Bust: Michael Thomas- Many people are crowning him the next elite tier receiver, i dont buy it and think he will post a modest 75-850-6 line.

2017 Breakout star: Josh Doctson- I think all the hype around Crowder and Pryor will cause Doctson to be over looked. He a sneaky bet for 80-1100-10 Line.

2017 Comeback Player of the year: Allen Robinson is an easy choice here, But i am going with Deandre Hopkins. Lets let Hopkins get back to some decent QB play and he will return to his WR 1 Status.

2017 Rookie of the year: Christian MCaffrey- There is something about this kid, i think he will surprise many with his rushing yards and get near or over 1,000. He will post up around 500 receiving yards with about 10 total TDs. 1500-1600 total yards and 10+ TDS

2017 Should have sold when you had the chance: Is also Michael Thomas, See above post.

Yes i own all these players so my bias and hopes are in play here :lol:

QuintorrisLopezJones
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby QuintorrisLopezJones » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:16 am

2017 MVP: Bell (if considering ADP, Alshon and TY to over perform draft position while being elite performers)

2017 Biggest Bust: Jordan Howard based on ADP (runner ups Crowell/ Ajayi)

2017 Breakout Star: DeVante Parker

2017 Comeback Player of the Year: Alshon

2017 "Should Have Sold When I Still Had the Chance" Winner: Melvin Gordon
10 Team League .5 PPR QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, 2FLEX, K, DEF
QB: Brees, Big Ben, Watson
WR: Julio Jones, AJ Green, Alshon Jeffery, DeVante Parker,Sammy Watkins, Michael Crabtree, Agholor
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Todd Gurley, Fournette, Lynch, Conner
TE: Travis Kelce , Hooper, Doyle
K: Bryant
DEF: JAX

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:04 am

2017 MVP Winner: Trying not to pick a big name... Crowell - Hue Jackson loves this guy and he just got an offensive line. If, and that's a big if, they can get some decent (not even good) QB play and/or decent (not even good) defensive play, he could be in for a huge season. He's in a contract year (was RFA, signed tender) and people forget he's pretty young... over a year younger than DJ.

2017 Biggest Bust Winner: Cooks - it won't be as bad as Ochocinco, but I don't think it'll go well. Brady too old to hit people deep anymore and Cooks can't win contested catches over the middle. Just not his game.

2017 Breakout Star and New Top24 Startup Fixture Winner: Moncrief - finally both he AND Luck are healthy. Watch out. Sorry, I know someone else already mentioned him, but his age and breakout potential are just too much to overlook and will guarantee a top 24 startup spot if it happens.

2017 Comeback Player of the Year Winner: I want to put Keenan here (totally agree with OP), but trying to pick someone not already mentioned... Lynch - I think he's still got it and this OL is much better than the Seattle line he ran behind for years. Runner up: Abdullah.

2017 "Should Have Sold When I Still Had the Chance" Winner: Parker - this is probably the last time people can get anything for him. After another disappointing season, he'll have no trade value. The best answer was probably Tyreek Hill, though. I was just trying to pick someone that hadn't been mentioned.

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:16 am

2017 MVP Winner: AJ Green. I think with the weapons they've added, it'll free up Green to get more efficient looks in the passing game. I also expect Dalton to take another step. All this leads to Green finishing the season as the best player.

2017 Biggest Bust Winner: Rob Gronkowski...Just don't see him staying healthy again and the retirement rumors start swirling.

2017 Breakout Star: Joe Mixon...I think he hits the ground running and is locked and loaded RB1 a couple weeks into the season.

2017 Comeback Player of the Year: Lots of options for this one. Dez, Alshon, ARob or Nuk. I'm optimistic about them all, but I'll go with Nuk. I think Watson finds ways to get the ball to Nuk and he gets back to his WR1 days.

2017 "Should Have Sold When I Still Had the Chance" Winner: Michael Thomas...I would rather have a player like AJ Green, Nuk, ARob or Hilton who are all in the same ADP range. I think Thomas struggles with Cooks out of town and the focus on him. Brees could falter a little as well. I expect them to run the ball a little more with the addition of AP and them drafting Kamara.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

captain caveman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby captain caveman » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:06 pm

MVP - D.Johnson. Too many touches/targets/td's for him not to run away with this again.

Bust - J.Ajayi. He will do well but I don't buy he will produce as much as his ADP demands....and it is still climbing!

Breakout - B.Powell. I am so high on this guy and he is a great candidate for a zero rb strategy.

Comeback - Gronk. Plays 16 games and produces gronk-like numbers with 13-15tds

Should have sold him when I can - C.Hyde. Think he will produce good numbers this year but his value keeps dropping.
12-team ppr qb super-flex/1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 2 flex

Brees/Dalton/Hoyer/Shimonek/Kessler
Hilton/Baldwin/Sanders/Garcon/Funchess/Gordon/Gallup
Gordon/Coleman/Crowell/Perine/Prosise/Ballage/Ekeler/Vereen/Artis-Payne/Marshall
Engram/Ebron/Wilson

Snake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Snake » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:39 pm

MVP: LeSean 'Shady' McCoy - He's not young anymore, but I predict that Buffalo's offense runs through McCoy this year and he puts up 2000 combined yards, 60 catches and 15 total TD. He's going to win championships for you (Runner up, Melvin Gordon).

Bust: Stefon Diggs- I'm a known hater. Hasn't done enough to warrant his late 2nd/early 3rd startup status. I'm not buying the Vikings offense as a whole. Seems crowded with Thielen/Treadwell/Rudolf and they were also chasing Alshon this off season. Sam Bradford cannnot create 2-3 fantasy relevant receivers like elite QBs will.

Breakout: Zay Jones - buying Buffalo. Even if Watkins is healthy all year he could catch 80 out of 115 targets. He's a rookie to buy now and sell next offseason pre 2018 draft.

Comeback: Cobb - Aaron Rodgers. Positive touchdown regression.

Should have Sold: Diggs again. (Honorable mention; Paul Perkins)

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:27 pm

MVP: L. Bell. I wish I owned him somewhere, but I don't. I think he'll blow up this year. Honorable mention: OBJ.

Bust: M. Thomas. Not to say he'll flop or anything, but his value right now is that of a proven WR1 and I think he pulls a R. Cobb after Nelson got hurt. He'll struggle as the WR1 option in NO (not as much as Cobb but more than people think). Still 1k plus yards and 6-8 tds. So a good season, but it'll be a volume issue and he won't blow up as expected. Value takes a hit by the end of the season, which qualifies him as a bust. Honorable mention-J. Ajayi or D. Prescott

Breakout: J. Doctson-Great situation, great player. He'll be a strong WR2 and will outshine Pryor. Honorable mention: K. Dixon. He's the best RB in BAL and will run with his chance at the starting job.

Comeback: A. Abdullah-He's a capable RB, great system for his skill set and we finally get to see what he can do. Avoids injury and hits 1k rush and 500 receiving 10 tds total. Honorable mention: D. Martin. Would this really surprise anyone? They like him, no real competition for RB1 carries and TB is dangerous on offense. He's a proven player who will be a good sell next off-season.

Should have Sold: J. Reed-He's had more concussions than we are aware of, and we're aware of quite a few. Guy is fun to watch but how many more concussions can he take? Chances are he gets another concussion this year. Maybe a fine redraft option to take a chance on, but for dynasty his shelf-life is too short and volatile to warrant the current value. Honorable mention: C. Hyde. The writing is on the wall for him.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

Brig
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Brig » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:25 pm

MVP - I want it to be Doug Baldwin so he finally gets his due respect, But I think it will be LeVeon Bell.

Breakout - I want it to be Jonathan Williams because I own him and I couldn't strike a deal with the McCoy owner, but I think the breakout player ends up being Austin Hooper in Atlanta. He is in a great situation and should be terrific in the red zone.

Comeback player - I want it to be Matt Jones due to the fact I traded for him early last season and got burned. But I think it ends up being Marshawn Lynch retiring after a Super-Bowl win before Oakland moves to Vegas and they build him a statue with a wishing well that people throw Skittles in and make wishes.

Should have sold him while I had the chance - I am going with Melvin Gordon......he will be gone in two years as they look to replace him due to lack of explosiveness and talent.
Rodgers Winston Goff
Zeke, Fournette, Ingram, Dobbins, Swift
K Allen, Godwin, Sutton, Chark, Sterling Shepard, Corey Davis, AJ Brown, Arcega Whiteside, Shenault
Kittle, Dallas Goedert, Jared Cook, Jonnu Smith,

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:33 am

MVP - based solely off of adp - jimmy garapollo as brady finally succumbs to father time jimmy g steps in and takes off

breakout - see above but failing that ameer abdullah stays healthy and provides consistent low rb1 high rb2 PPR#
wild longshots james o'shaughnessy if/when gronk gets hurt few realize how talented that dude is, BB has made stars of no ones before
part deux- bennie cunningham - wildly underutilized by the idiot rams IF howard goes down he could easily be a league winner

bust - jordan howard /michael thomas/ hunter henry all have surpassed the area I would draft them by a good bit

comeback player - doug martin - as I have mentioned previously he runs much harder towards the bank than away from it

should have sold - like the olsen/reed calls but will go with matt ryan , he had a career year and loses continuity , has a disgruntled rb and the whole super bowl hangover thing see cam newton circa 2016.

rookie of the year - samaje perine based solely off of situation and volume thinking around 1100 total yards and 7 or 8 tds that should be plenty compared to cost to acquire his services.

bonus looking forward to 2018
just get them - corey davis brett hundley jake butt marlon mack
garage sale specials better off in someone's garage besides your own - treadwell ,ty montgomery, cousins & njoku !
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci