Best Dynasty Decision You've Ever Made?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Best Dynasty Decision You've Ever Made?

Postby maxhyde » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:25 am

Just playing dynasty and scrapping keeper leagues
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:32 am

Picking AP after 90% of my league proclaimed Lynch was the pick. All because Chester Taylor was supposedly in APs way. Hilarious. You draft talent, not situations.

Side note, even I didn't go AP I would have gone Calvin Johnson.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:37 am

I should revise my post in the worst decision thread. I had 5 picks in the first 2 rounds in the 2014 draft, starting a major rebuild. I ended up with a WR at 4 of them: Cooks, OBJ, ARob, Martavis, and Landry in the 3rd to boot. The same day I drafted OBJ, I traded him for Torrey Smith because I just had too many rookie WRs, and Torrey was for sure breaking out that year as the #1 in Baltimore (I thought).

My best move was trading Bryant and a 2nd back for OBJ the week before he finally played his rookie year.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

tdj7
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby tdj7 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:17 pm

My single best move: CPat for 2014 1.16 (arob) and a 2015 1st (gurley).

jnormy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jnormy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:37 pm

Late in our three-round 2009 rookie draft, pick 3.08: Arian Foster, RB Hou

I was SO torn between Foster and Glenn Coffee, but ultimately went with Arian on a hunch. Coffee retired after one forgettable season, and Foster ended up leading me to back-to-back titles in 2011 and 2012 with a little help from a QB by the name of Brees.

TheChicken
Captain
Captain

Postby TheChicken » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:55 am

Trading back into the 2014 rookie 2nd round to draft OBJ. Had drafted JMatt over him at the 1.07 and when he was still undrafted come the 2nd round gave up my 2015 1st to grab him. He won me the title that year.
99 problems but your 10 team league ain't one!

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:22 am

The one that stands out to me the most was a move that probably sparked the final legs of a long 3-4 year rebuild. It's not even that the players I got are so unbelievable(although I'm still very high on them both), but I just was able to move three pieces that panned out to literally nothing. It was a huge trade win that my rebuilding team needed. I gave the 1.1, which he used to take Teddy Bridgewater(2QB league), Montee Ball, and Shane Vereen for Alshon Jeffery and Doug Martin. This is right around the time Martin had been hurt and I believe was sitting out the rest of the season. Most importantly, I was just able to flip Ball at his PEAK value. He just completely plummeted from that point on. And although everyone has their differing opinions on both Alshon and Dougie, they have both become big pieces in the greater picture, be it depth or starter, etc.
Entering year ten of Dynasty 10 team 2QB/2RB/4WR/1TE/1FLEX(rb/wr/te).

QB: Bryce Young, Jared Goff, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Stetson Bennett.
WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

Amoo
Captain
Captain

Postby Amoo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:07 pm

I have a few that stick out.
Gave Maclin for Diggs a 2nd and 3rd the week before Diggs' first breakout game.
Gave D. Murray and Ryan Matthews for David Johnson, G. Tate and a 3rd about 2-3 weeks before DJ broke out.
After taking D. Adams at 1.07 I was sitting on the 2.03 debating hard between two players. Eventually took Odell over Moncrief. Reason being: if I passed on a 1st rd WR in the 2nd rd and he blew up, I'd never forgive myself.
OTC I traded 2.01 (Yeldon) and 3.07 for Eifert and future 1st. The 1st became 1.10 and I drafted Wentz (superflex).
Also, in a trade in which I can't recall all the components, I do remember getting Landry as a throw in instead of a future 3rd before his rookie season started.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:15 pm

Drafted Jimmy Graham in the 3rd or 4th round in rookie drafts, or nabbed him as a free agent in all of my dynasty leagues that year. His basketball background & being drafted by the Saints is what caught my attention.

Payed off big.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Amoo
Captain
Captain

Postby Amoo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:41 pm

Just thought of more.
Drafted J. Charles at 3.06 in my first ever rookie draft.
Grabbed R. White off waivers before my first dynasty season even started.
Grabbed Jordy off waivers after he was dropped following his second season.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:48 pm

Trading my 2.06 for Randy Moss right before his 23 TD season with NE :thumbup:

TTHTD
Captain
Captain

Postby TTHTD » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:03 pm

Trading around Eddie Lacy has netted me 2 WR1s in one league I'm in.

Traded Eddie Lacy for Sammy Watkins + Abdullah right before he became Fat Eddie. I then bought Lacy back towards the end of the season for Perriman + Abdullah + Karlos Williams. I then re-sold Lacy+ 2 3rds for Michael Thomas + Abdullah + Coates right after Abdullah was injured but right before Thomas broke out.

Pantherbro13
Starter
Starter

Postby Pantherbro13 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:45 pm

Trading Julius Jones for DeAngelo Williams shortly before his incredible 2008 season.

Trading Justin Blackmon for a first round pick.

Trading Josh Gordon for a first round pick (after getting reinstated temporarily).

Picked up Arian Foster off waivers when he was #37.
12 team PPR/40 player roster/5 round rookie draft

QB
- Josh Allen/Anthony Richardson
RB - Bijan Robinson/Javonte Williams/Joe Mixon/Brian Robinson/Samaje Perine/Kendre Miller/Chase Brown
WR - Ja’Marr Chase/DJ Moore/DeVonta Smith/Zay FlowersJosh Downs/Tank Dell/Skyy Moore/Dontayvion Wicks/Trey Palmer
TE - TJ Hockenson/Sam LaPorta/Cole Kmet
K - Harrison Butker
DL - Myles Garrett/Jeffrey Simmons/Brian Burns/Christian Barmore/Ed Oliver
LB - Shaq Thompson/Ivan Pace Jr/Pete Werner/Christian Harris/Blake Cashman/Cole Holcomb/Micah McFadden
DB - Kyle Dugger/Jevon Holland/Reed Blankenship/Kyle Hamilton/Dax Hill/Jalen Thompson/Amani Hooker
IR -
TS - Isaiah Likely/Isaiah Spiller/Xavier Gipson

2024 Draft picks - 1st (x2), 2nd (x4), 3rd, 4th

DDT
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DDT » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:21 am

There are plenty of trades that have worked out for me. And plenty that have gone bad. So I have a tough time calling any of them a great decision. But two draft decisions do stand out.

When OBJ was a rookie, I had a lot of drafts where I had to choose between him and Cooks, and Matthews to a lesser degree. I had researched the players and decided to focus my efforts on OBJ but it was still close and was a minority opinion at the time. As a result, I picked up OBJ in a lot of leagues. Unfortunately I picked up some other players at that time to diversify my rosters.

The same was true when Cobb was a rookie. I think that he was going in the early 2nd and I was choosing between him and Titus Young in a lot of leagues. I went all in on Cobb and avoided Titus. I realize that Cobb's value has dimished a bit but, even with the decline, he was still a steal at that price point.

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:43 am

Gave: Fat Eddy for Arob in week 3 2015.

Gave: Rawls/Marshall for AJG/Blount 2016 offseason
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens