Landing Spots for 2018 QB's

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Landing Spots for 2018 QB's

Postby heyfeefellskee » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:50 am

As I consider the changing of the guard at the QB position (with Carr, Prescott, Winston, and Mariota being the headliners of the next generation of QBs), I can't help but look ahead at next year and consider the teams that will be drafting QBs. Some are obvious. Some might even be sexy. And some might surprise.

There aren't that many likely landing spots, but here are the ones that I'm thinking about the most (note, I'm not going to go so far as to say who I think will go to these teams just yet):

Obvious: New York Jets. It seems clear to me this is a team that is going into the 2017 season planning to tank, just like the Browns did last year. I don't think they are going to wheel and deal like the Browns have, however; in the likelihood that they earn the 1st overall pick, I see the chances being good that they keep it.

Sexy: Pittsburgh Steelers. I have two convictions: the Steelers are going to be a playoff team (but it breaks my heart to say I don't think they'll make the SB) and 2018 is going to be Big Ben's last season. I don't think their next franchise QB is on the roster, so I see them drafting a QB late in the 1st next year.

Surprise: Los Angeles Chargers. Is this a surprise? I'm not sure... maybe? Rivers considered retirement when the move to LA was announced, so I could see it happening. If they went QB, I could see Rivers still playing in the 2018 season with the intent to hand it off to the rookie at some point in the season. I personally don't see the Chargers doing a whole lot better than last year--maybe 7-9 instead of 5-11--which means they pick in the top half of the draft and have a pretty good pick at QB.

I'd love to hear from the community about the teams I listed or to talk about the teams that I didn't.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Landing Spots for 2018 QB's

Postby Servo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:39 am

Teams with Aged QBs:
Arizona (Gabbert and Stanton)
Chargers (Literally no one behind Rivers)
New Orleans (Grayson has been a Zero, Daniel was added this offseason)
Giants (Webb)
Steelers (Dobbs)
Patriots (Maybe in the Market)

Teams that could simply move on from their QB after this year:
Jags
Rams
49ers
Jets
Browns
Denver

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but that's probably about it.
I'm also not buying that all of these "stud" QBs are on the same level as Mariota/Winston/Luck/RG3 (lol) and I imagine we'll see it this season.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:19 am

cleveland is always possible and at what point do the ravens, if they miss the playoffs again think about moving on from flacco , he had that one magic run but since then the ravens have been mid packers or worse.

Vikings ? if teddy b is not the same anymore ,it would make since to me as bradford enters the ryan fitzpatrick keep your suitcase packed and go with the 6 month lease phase of his career in 2018 .

49ers absolutely have to address qb sooner rather than later throw in
the cards saints jags jets perhaps the rams and broncos !depending how their 2015 draftees pan out this year.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:36 am

No one's going to list Buffalo? For some reason they aren't sold on Tyrod, so wouldn't be surprised if they let him walk and drafted a QB.

kylejargon
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kylejargon » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:46 pm

Not saying this will happen but Houston is literally a Qb away from being a great team and if Watson can not fix his accuracy issues will they really keep him and Savage as their qbs? I am not a fan of Watson and see Houston addressing this issue again next year.
28 team (2 player pools) PPR, TE premium, Superflex, .25 ppc
Wentz, D Jones, Heincke
Akers, Hines, Kamara, McKinnon, Singletary, Darrel Williams, Eno Benjamin
AJB, Chase, Tyler Johnson, Lamb, E Moore, Pringle, Richie James
Hockenson, Irv Smith
TS: Pickett, Allgeier, Montrell Washington, Metchie, G Wilson
IR:
__________________________________________________________________________________
10 team 0.1 PPR
Allen, Goff, D Jones
Akers, Mixon, D Harris, Montgomery, Dobbins, Herbert, Penny
Kupp, G Wilson, Cooper, Mike Williams, Ridley, Meyers, E Moore
Kelce, Ertz, Goedert
Greg Joseph
Colts, Broncos, Saints
TS: Olave, Phillips, Jordan Mason

Honey Badgers
Captain
Captain

Postby Honey Badgers » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:19 pm

daklyde wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:46 pm Not saying this will happen but Houston is literally a Qb away from being a great team and if Watson can not fix his accuracy issues will they really keep him and Savage as their qbs? I am not a fan of Watson and see Houston addressing this issue again next year.
Problem with this is that Houston gave up their 2018 1st to move up to draft Watson.
Dynasty League 12 Team .5 PPR
20 Man Rosters, 5 IR spots
Start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2 FLEX (RB,WR,TE)
Wilson
Gordon, CMC Freeman, Ekeler, J. Williams
OBJ, Nuk, K. Allen, Golladay, Fitz Funchess, Cobb, Isabella, McLaurin, Cain
Kelce McDonald, Doyle, Waller

Empire League 12 Team .5 PPR

2019 Champion
21 Man Rosters, 5 IR spots
Start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2 FLEX (RB,WR,TE)
Rivers, Big Ben
Zeke, Cook, Connor, A. Jones D. Williams, Ballage, M. Brown
Nuk, M. Thomas, AJG, Alshon A-Rob, Sammy, Crowder, Gallup
Njoku Henry, Hooper, Waller
20 picks-2 1sts, 2 2nds

Empire League 12 Team .5 PPR
21 Man Rosters, 5 IR spots
Start, QB, 2RB, 3 WR, TE, 2 FLEX, 1 Superflex, Def
Rodgers, Cam Wilson
Miller, AP A. Jones, Gore, McGuire
Evans, OBJ, A-Rob, Boyd, Sutton Crowder, Sanu, Sutton, Grant, Kearse, C0Patt
Burton Butt, Uzomah
Jacksonville

terance_mathis
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby terance_mathis » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:22 pm

daklyde wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:46 pm Not saying this will happen but Houston is literally a Qb away from being a great team and if Watson can not fix his accuracy issues will they really keep him and Savage as their qbs? I am not a fan of Watson and see Houston addressing this issue again next year.
Of course, the Texans don't have a first- or second-round pick.

Maybe they could make a Ricky Williams offer of their whole 2019 draft to get into the 2018 first round. Surely Cleveland would be happy to oblige them again.

Pantherbro13
Starter
Starter

Postby Pantherbro13 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:03 am

Miami hasn't been mentioned yet. How many chances is Tannehill getting? If they miss the playoffs does he get another shot? His dead cap $$$ drops from $24m (2017) to $4m in 2018 making him a much easier contract to shed.
12 team PPR/40 player roster/5 round rookie draft

QB
- Josh Allen/Anthony Richardson
RB - Bijan Robinson/Javonte Williams/Joe Mixon/Brian Robinson/Samaje Perine/Kendre Miller/Chase Brown
WR - Ja’Marr Chase/DJ Moore/DeVonta Smith/Zay FlowersJosh Downs/Tank Dell/Skyy Moore/Dontayvion Wicks/Trey Palmer
TE - TJ Hockenson/Sam LaPorta/Cole Kmet
K - Harrison Butker
DL - Myles Garrett/Jeffrey Simmons/Brian Burns/Christian Barmore/Ed Oliver
LB - Shaq Thompson/Ivan Pace Jr/Pete Werner/Christian Harris/Blake Cashman/Cole Holcomb/Micah McFadden
DB - Kyle Dugger/Jevon Holland/Reed Blankenship/Kyle Hamilton/Dax Hill/Jalen Thompson/Amani Hooker
IR -
TS - Isaiah Likely/Isaiah Spiller/Xavier Gipson

2024 Draft picks - 1st (x2), 2nd (x4), 3rd, 4th

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:46 am

Cincinnati has an out in Dalton's contract after 2018. He never seemed to get the level of respect he deserves there and if Lewis gets fired, you never know.

Nothing is final yet in Washington.

Pretty much all the other options are already out there.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:13 pm

heyfeefellskee wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:50 amChargers. Is this a surprise? I'm not sure... maybe? Rivers considered retirement when the move to LA was announced, so I could see it happening. If they went QB, I could see Rivers still playing in the 2018 season with the intent to hand it off to the rookie at some point in the season. I personally don't see the Chargers doing a whole lot better than last year--maybe 7-9 instead of 5-11--which means they pick in the top half of the draft and have a pretty good pick at QB.
I WISH that sh*t organization would trade Rivers to a contender. Just to get the stink of the Spanos family off of him, and to give a class act a shot at a title before he retires.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:42 pm

My Bills are no doubt gearing up to take a Qb in 2018. That deal to get KC first was a direct move to get more ammo to move up for their guy.

I am 100% certain.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:38 am

in the 21st century !
jp losman
trent edwards
levi brown
ej manuel
cardale jones
nathan peterman are the last 6 qbs bills drafted you must be stoked ?
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:56 am

Tyrod: 14-14
Tannehill: 37-40
Dalton: 56-35, 0-4 in the playoffs
Alex Smith: 79-56, 2-4 in the playoffs
Flacco: 83-55, 10-5 in the playoffs (granted 4 of those wins came in the 2012/2013 playoffs, Superbowl)

Sure your big question marks above are Tyrod and Tanny, but after seeing guys like Goff TBD, Lynch TBD, Wentz TBD, Bortles, Hackenberg/Petty...could easily make a franchise worried about hitching their wagon to these rookies without developing them. While some of these guys have been disappointing in the postseason, you still put a premium on winning games.

Tyrod - can he actually take Buffalo to the playoffs, with the dysfunctional Ryan gone?
Tanny - can he build on making the playoffs last year, appears to be a game manager now with Gase.

Dalton and Smith - can't take their teams deep into the playoffs but still win football games.

Flacco - I think he'll get the Eli Manning treatment, considering he's the best QB the franchise has ever had in 20 years of existence in BAL.

Unicorn92
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Unicorn92 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:18 am

terance_mathis wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:22 pm
Of course, the Texans don't have a first- or second-round pick.

Maybe they could make a Ricky Williams offer of their whole 2019 draft to get into the 2018 first round. Surely Cleveland would be happy to oblige them again.
:lol:
I play in an idp dynasty keeper league 10 teams with 1 qb start in a ppr league 2 en 2 wr 1te 1 flex. This is a roster of 35 players and a ts of 5 players in mfl and this is a ppr league

Roster

QB: D. Jones, B. Mayfield
RB: S.Barkley, M.Breida, T. Cohen D.Johnson, J. Williams, B. Scarborough
WR: B.Cooks, C.Goodwin, K. Allen, T.Lockett, C. Kirk, M. Williams, D. Westbrook, A. Miller
TE: C. Herndon, R. Griffin, I. Thomas
K C.Boswell
DL M. Davenport, F. Clark, S. Hubbard,
LB M. D. Jones, L. Vander Esch, R. Evans, M. Milano, H. Landry, J. Baker
DB: B.Baker, J. Bates, J. Peppers

Practice squad: P. Williams, T. Rapp, C. Ferrell, E. Oliver, B. Cashman

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:00 am

What if this is Tom Brady's last year? I'm not saying it will be, just what if. Be it they win another G-damn Super Bowl and he walks off into the sunset, or Father Time finally lays the smackdown on the Golden Boy and he decides to walk away, it's not outside of the realm of reasonable thinking that this may end up Tom's swan song season.
Would it be surefire they franchise Garappolo? What if they let him test the market, and he gets overpaid elsewhere? Heck even if they do franchise him, this is an organization that loves having a young talented QB waiting in the wings just in case. I guess what I'm saying basically is, First on calling New England a dark horse to draft a 1st round QB next year! Lol