Waiver budget survey for future DLF article

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
zounder
Role Player
Role Player

Waiver budget survey for future DLF article

Postby zounder » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:48 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Nick and I'm a new to the DLF team. I want to write about how to value rookie picks in terms of FAAB $, but I need your help! Please take 60 seconds to fill out this quick 5-question survey. Answer as many or as few as you like. I hope to use these results to, at the very least, illustrate how the community values the two different types of assets, but I also hope to determine exploitable value opportunities. Thanks in advance!

Here's the survey: https://goo.gl/forms/jCQWOGy08afsqn5b2

Additionally, feel free to use this thread to discuss your opinions on the topic and/or share recent trades involving picks and waiver dollars.
-Nick Canzanese
@FF_NickCanz

TheChicken
Captain
Captain

Re: Waiver budget survey for future DLF article

Postby TheChicken » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:27 pm

The unknown variables are; when are you doing these trades, your roster, what other picks you have and the players left.

E.G. If I had a full complement of picks, I doubt I would buy a 3rd round pick before the drafts starts, and I wouldn't sell the pick I selected for 100% of a WW budget before the draft starts or if a player I like drops to that spot. I picked the spot where the players I'm less sold on are generally starting to go and where I would value the key WW pick ups over the past few years.
99 problems but your 10 team league ain't one!

zounder
Role Player
Role Player

Postby zounder » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:55 pm

TheChicken wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:27 pm The unknown variables are; when are you doing these trades, your roster, what other picks you have and the players left.

E.G. If I had a full complement of picks, I doubt I would buy a 3rd round pick before the drafts starts, and I wouldn't sell the pick I selected for 100% of a WW budget before the draft starts or if a player I like drops to that spot. I picked the spot where the players I'm less sold on are generally starting to go and where I would value the key WW pick ups over the past few years.
There are certainly a ton of variables to consider, especially if the pick is on the clock. The intent of the poll was for the transaction to occur before the pick went on the clock. Because as soon as the pick becomes on the clock, you're effectively buying a specific player, as opposed to the rights to take a player.

And as you said as well, the other variable is roster space. For example, I had a ton of 3rds this year and chose to sell off one for waiver dollars. I may not have done that had roster space not been a consideration.
-Nick Canzanese
@FF_NickCanz

zounder
Role Player
Role Player

Postby zounder » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:27 pm

Bumping this for visibility just once. I would like just a bit bigger sample. Interesting results so far!
-Nick Canzanese
@FF_NickCanz