2018 NFL Free Agency: Biggest FA Ever?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

2018 NFL Free Agency: Biggest FA Ever?

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:11 pm

Haven't seen this brought up much, but right now the following players are on pace to be free agents next year:

Le'Veon Bell
Devonta Freeman
Eddie Lacy
Isaiah Crowell
Carlos Hyde
---
DeAndre Hopkins
Sammy Watkins
Allen Robinson
Alshon Jeffery
Jarvis Landry
Jordan Matthews
Davante Adams
Martavis Bryant
Terrelle Pryor
John Brown
Donte Moncrief
---
Tyler Eifert
Jimmy Graham
---
Derek Carr
Matthew Stafford
Drew Brees
Kirk Cousins
Jimmy Garropolo
---

Granted, quite a bit of these players will probably re-sign soon, particularly the QB's. But, there's still potential for a ton of significant player movement next offseason. Haven't seen an offensive free agent class this loaded in a long time.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2018 NFL Free Agency: Biggest FA Ever?

Postby Phaded » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:21 pm

I feel like 95% of these guys will re-sign.
Yeah, it looks promising now but I feel like this pool is going to diminish quickly.

Could be an exciting FA.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:47 pm

I was just talking about this with a friend. Obviously, it will look a lot different by February, but all the 2014 non-1st WRs plus Sammy and Hopkins is an awesome FA class. It makes me wonder who advised Pryor and Alshon that taking a 1-year prove-it deal was a smart move.

At QB, I can't imagine a situation where Stafford and Carr hit FA. Cousins seems like a better than 50% chance to get to FA right now, and I think Brees is a darkhorse to look around if NO can't get out of their 8-8/7-9 pattern this year. The way the Pats are structuring contracts this year makes me think they are keeping the door open to tagging Garropolo and keeping both Brady and him through 2018. Alex Smith could be cut, and both Minnesota QBs are also FAs. The last 3 aren't huge for fantasy, but even that level starter is not often available in FA.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:33 pm

Quick note: Because Martavis Bryant missed an entire year (SUS), it does not count against his rookie contract. He will be a FA in 2019.
The standard is the standard.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:37 pm

Franchise tag will cut the list greatly.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:28 pm

Haven't seen this brought up much, but right now the following players are on pace to be free agents next year:

Le'Veon Bell - Will stay in PIT, either on a new deal or the tag
Devonta Freeman - Reports are claiming extension should be done before the season
Eddie Lacy - If he stays healthy, I could see him staying in SEA on a small deal as part of a committee
Isaiah Crowell - Reports are saying that Crowell's '16 season will determine whether CLE wants to re-sign him. Given his UDFA status and the short shelf life of RBs, I expect Crowell to happily go to the highest bidder. Wouldn't be surprised if he is elsewhere in '17
Carlos Hyde - The most obvious candidate of these RBs to be on a new team in '17
---
DeAndre Hopkins - Expect to re-signed
Sammy Watkins - Much made about BUF not picking up his 5th year option. From what I read, his option was essentially the same money as the franchise tag, so it makes sense from the team's standpoint. If he can't stay healthy this year, I could see BUF letting him walk.
Allen Robinson - I expect him to stay in JAX. Lee is a FA as well, and I think he's the one that will be on a new team in '17
Alshon Jeffery - We'll see how this experiment goes. On a prove-it deal, he's looking for a payday next year.
Jarvis Landry - This one's interesting. On the surface you think he'd stay in JAX. Landry has said he won't negotiate after the season starts, and I think he could be a surprise to sign elsewhere.
Jordan Matthews - I think he's gone, and the ongoing tendonitis is a concern. I could see Matthews fading hard in the next year or two.
Davante Adams - I believe Cobb can be cut with little to no cap hit after this season. So I expect Adams to be re-signed and Cobb to join this list as a cut.
Martavis Bryant - I believe his suspension froze his contract, so he should be under contract through the '17 season
Terrelle Pryor - I don't think Pryor goes to a 3rd team in 3 years. I think he sticks around WAS for a while.
John Brown - Oft injured speed receiver on a team that I believe will be heading towards a rebuild. I don't think ARI re-signs him.
Donte Moncrief - I think he'll have to stay healthy and prove to be an important target for Luck in order for IND to be interested in re-signing him. I think a cold FA market for Moncrief could be what keeps in IND.
---
Tyler Eifert - Again, health. For short spurts he's shown to possibly be the best RZ receiving TE option in the NFL. If it's another season of playing less than 10 games, then I think he's gone
Jimmy Graham - I think he stays in SEA, and I think a deal will be done long before FA.
---
Derek Carr - Going nowhere. The franchise
Matthew Stafford - Stat master Stafford is going nowhere. Wouldn't be surprised to see a deal done before the start of this season.
Drew Brees - Brees will retire in NO IMO. If he's not on the Saints roster, he's not playing NFL football.
Kirk Cousins - Cousins has all the leverage here, but I expect a long-term deal to eventually get done.
Jimmy Garropolo - If Brady falls off a cliff this year and in one year becomes a shell of himself, JimmyG could re-sign as the Pats future. Other than that, he's gone to get an opportunity as a starter.
---
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5