Start-Up Draft Results

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CCtiger91
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Start-Up Draft Results

Postby CCtiger91 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:18 pm

First ever dynasty draft. Had pick 1.04 and made no moves during the draft. Team is in the signature and I'll post order here.

1. Evans
2. Gronk
3. Miller
4. D. Thomas
5. Moncrief
6. Carr
7. Perkins
8. Cobb
9. Kamara
10. Fuller
11. Wentz
12. Hooper
13. White
14. Austin
15. Taywan Taylor
16. Booker
17. Cards D
18. Garropolo
19. Butt
20. Peake
21. Crosby
22. Zamora
23. Ellington
24. Higbee

Couple initial thoughts...Wasn't crazy about having to snag Miller that early, but RBs flew off the board a lot quicker than anticipated so I made the move. Love having Carr, Evans, and Gronk. Demaryius and Garropolo could be big wildcards for me. Was thrilled with the value in my 8th-13th round picks. I feel like I got great value there. The 4 taxi squad spots will be interesting and I'm know 3 of the 4 will be Butt, Zamora, Taylor. Not sure about the 4th, but I've got plenty of time to figure that out before the season starts.
League: Start-Up 12-team / 1-PPR / 6-Pass TD / 20 Active Spots / 4 Taxi Spots
Start: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX, DEF, K
QB: Carr, Wentz, Garropolo
RB: Miller, Perkins, Kamara (R), White, Booker, Ellington
WR: Evans, D.Thomas, Moncrief, Cobb, Fuller, Austin, Peake, Taylor (R), Zamora (R)
TE: Gronkowski, Hooper, Higbee, Butt (R)
DEF: Cardinals
K: Crosby

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Re: Start-Up Draft Results

Postby James McGhee » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:26 am

I was confused and thought your list was the whole draft order and I'm sitting here like WTF?
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:37 am

James McGhee wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:26 am I was confused and thought your list was the whole draft order and I'm sitting here like WTF?
Same here lmao. I was like "Evans 1.01...makes sense :thumbup: ...Gronk 1.02....that's very bold :think: ...DT 1.04...wtf?! :wall: "

I think you did very well, OP. You built a fairly balanced team, might not be an instantaneous contender, but you should be able to get in the playoffs barring any catastrophic injuries to your guys, and from there on whatever happens happens. Looks like a team that has "layers" of talent at every position with a good mix of proven top notch difference makers like Evans and Gronk, very good fantasy players like DT, Miller and Carr, and young hopeful guys who have flashed here and there like Perkins, Moncrief and Fuller.

I think being able to snag Carr in the 6th round since this is a 6pt passing TD league is a great pick and probably my favorite of your draft.
#FreeCoreyDavis

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:48 am

I don't understand how you spend such a high pick on Miller but then don't back him up with Foreman who probably went very cheaply.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:58 am

It's funny how Perkins went 2 rounds earlier than Kamara, but I doubt Kamara owners would sell him for Perkins straight up. This is why ADP data for rookies specifically is flawed when it comes to actual trade value.

As far as the draft overall, I think you did well. I probably would have passed on Moncrief, depending on who else was still available, but otherwise, pretty solid.

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:07 am

Goddard wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:58 am It's funny how Perkins went 2 rounds earlier than Kamara, but I doubt Kamara owners would sell him for Perkins straight up. This is why ADP data for rookies specifically is flawed when it comes to actual trade value.
Well, that's ownership bias. Kamara owners would say they'd rather have someone who didn't have a mediocre rookie season, expecting Kamara's to be better. Perkins owners would rather have someone who won't be confined to 3rd downs early in his career. Also, I wouldn't base anything off one draft where it just takes one bullish owner to reach. I'd bet aggregate ADP data is still useful to know for rookies.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:09 am

seahawks506 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:07 am
Goddard wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:58 am It's funny how Perkins went 2 rounds earlier than Kamara, but I doubt Kamara owners would sell him for Perkins straight up. This is why ADP data for rookies specifically is flawed when it comes to actual trade value.
Well, that's ownership bias. Kamara owners would say they'd rather have someone who didn't have a mediocre rookie season, expecting Kamara's to be better. Perkins owners would rather have someone who won't be confined to 3rd downs early in his career. Also, I wouldn't base anything off one draft where it just takes one bullish owner to reach. I'd bet aggregate ADP data is still useful to know for rookies.
Even so, if Kamara is worth a late 1st or early 2nd, good luck finding someone giving that up for Perkins. And you're right, this is just one draft, but if you look at most ADPs, rookies go a lot later than guys who usually wouldn't be traded for straight up. Just something I've noticed the past few years.

CCtiger91
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby CCtiger91 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:36 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:48 am I don't understand how you spend such a high pick on Miller but then don't back him up with Foreman who probably went very cheaply.
I stated my mixed feelings on the Miller pick above. As for Foreman I was banking on him being there right after my Kamara pick in the 9th, but he went 3 picks later.
WR: Evans, D.Thomas, Moncrief, Cobb, Fuller, Austin, Peake, Taylor (R), Zamora (R)

CCtiger91
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby CCtiger91 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:38 pm

As far as the draft overall, I think you did well. I probably would have passed on Moncrief, depending on who else was still available, but otherwise, pretty solid.
For Moncrief it came down to him, Parker, Tate, Snead, or Shephard and that's what I went with given he has the best QB situation for the foreseeable future.

CCtiger91
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby CCtiger91 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:42 pm

jaykay22 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:37 am
James McGhee wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:26 am I was confused and thought your list was the whole draft order and I'm sitting here like WTF?
Same here lmao. I was like "Evans 1.01...makes sense :thumbup: ...Gronk 1.02....that's very bold :think: ...DT 1.04...wtf?! :wall: "

I think you did very well, OP. You built a fairly balanced team, might not be an instantaneous contender, but you should be able to get in the playoffs barring any catastrophic injuries to your guys, and from there on whatever happens happens. Looks like a team that has "layers" of talent at every position with a good mix of proven top notch difference makers like Evans and Gronk, very good fantasy players like DT, Miller and Carr, and young hopeful guys who have flashed here and there like Perkins, Moncrief and Fuller.

I think being able to snag Carr in the 6th round since this is a 6pt passing TD league is a great pick and probably my favorite of your draft.
Apologies on the order thing, likely should have specified that it was my draft order by round. Nonetheless, I appreciate the balanced team compliments as that was really my aim for the draft. Ideally, I would have liked for the RB situation to have worked out a little bit better, but being a 1-point PPR league I feel alright with Miller and White in there. I'll have to hope Perkins can be a gem for me.

And yes, Carr is the QB I had honed in on before the draft so I was thrilled he didn't go sooner.

Mascott93
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Mascott93 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:43 pm

CCtiger91 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:38 pm

For Moncrief it came down to him, Parker, Tate, Snead, or Shephard and that's what I went with given he has the best QB situation for the foreseeable future.
For me Parker > Moncrief
Team 1
10 Man - PPR
QB: Stafford, Goff, Mayfield
RB: Barkley, Drake, Miller, Crowell, Jones, Clement, Gallman
WR: AJG, Samuels, Parker, Kirk, Hamilton, Harmon, Hurst, Cole, Taylor,
TE: Engram, Brate, Gathers
DL: Lawrence, Ngakoue, Jarrett, Poe, Barnett, Davenport
LB: T Smith, Alexander, Edmunds, Wright, Barron, Schobert, McKinney, Hitchens, Vander Esch
DB: Amos , Byard, Evans, Reid

Team 2 - 2 QB Superflex
16 Man - PPR, 1.5 PPR for TE, 6 pts TD pass
QB: Luck, Dalton
RB: Miller, McFadden, Abdullah, Prosise, Cmike
WR: Williams, Marshall, Lockett, T Benjamin, Kupp, Austin, Lafell
TE: Ebron, Gresham, Sims
DST: Broncos

Team 3
10 Man - PPR
QB: Dalton , Eli, lock
RB: Fournette, Howard, Rojo, Miller, Collins, AP, Gio, Breida
WR: OBJ, Cooks, JBrown, Lockett, Godwin, M Brown, Hamilton, Miller, Pettis, MVS, Harmon
TE: Kittle, Engram, Goedart, Eifert, Thomas
DEF: Chiefs

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:03 pm

I made the same pick (Moncrief) from the same spot with those same guys in mind. I will say though that regarding there's a decent chance that future won't be very long. Moncrief is on the last year of his rookie deal I believe, so if he doesn't finally break out this year it's likely he'll be playing with a different QB in 2018, if he's starting at all.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

CCtiger91
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby CCtiger91 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:30 am

Vcize wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:03 pm

I made the same pick (Moncrief) from the same spot with those same guys in mind. I will say though that regarding there's a decent chance that future won't be very long. Moncrief is on the last year of his rookie deal I believe, so if he doesn't finally break out this year it's likely he'll be playing with a different QB in 2018, if he's starting at all.
Yeah didn't necessarily think about the contract situation, which is part of the reason I joined up here to get more in-depth insight like that. There's no right answer for those guys, but I felt encouraged about Moncrief posting 6 TDs in his 7 games back from injury at the end of last season.