Inconsistent and Skewed Narratives

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Inconsistent and Skewed Narratives

Postby Ruggenater » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:30 am

Chris_R wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:42 pm Should be no sweat off your back. McKinnon is dirt cheap and easy to acquire so you'll have no problem holding onto him in the mean time. But if you think the team has confidence in him yet pays to sign Murray and moves up in the 2nd rd for a back as accomplished as Cook then I don't know what to tell you. That shows you what the Vikings confidence level is in him. If they don't believe in him why should we? Maybe 1 of those guys meant they wanted to add depth, both means he won't be a factor and they see him up close everyday. SD was still confident in Gordon and it showed by his workload in year 2.
I'm not sure you can really say that. EVERYONE around him got injured, with Woodhead being the most notable. SD had no choice but to give Gordon a huge workload.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:31 am

Ruggenater wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:30 am
Chris_R wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:42 pm Should be no sweat off your back. McKinnon is dirt cheap and easy to acquire so you'll have no problem holding onto him in the mean time. But if you think the team has confidence in him yet pays to sign Murray and moves up in the 2nd rd for a back as accomplished as Cook then I don't know what to tell you. That shows you what the Vikings confidence level is in him. If they don't believe in him why should we? Maybe 1 of those guys meant they wanted to add depth, both means he won't be a factor and they see him up close everyday. SD was still confident in Gordon and it showed by his workload in year 2.
I'm not sure you can really say that. EVERYONE around him got injured, with Woodhead being the most notable. SD had no choice but to give Gordon a huge workload.
After his rookie season that was quite ordinary what other RBs did they draft? What free agent backs did they sign? Woodhead never takes carries away from anyone, ever. He is a specialty back who operates on 3rd down catching passes. They fully intended to still ride Gordon in year 2 evidenced by their moves that off season.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:36 am

Valhalla wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:59 am
Chris_R wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:08 pm But it's very clear Minnesota does not, that can't be disputed in any shape or form.
Considering one's own opinion to be on a factual level? You may be right that the MN front office and coaches have no faith in McKinnon, but it's certainly disputable. I'd have gone ahead with adding a free agent and a rb via the draft with that depth chart. On a team that wants defense and clock control, one running back is not enough.
As to why they took dalvin and didn't wait for a later round rb, I think they probably intended to. Yet, dalvin was dropping. When a player that is high on your talent board is dropping and it's a position that they intend to draft anyways, they should go get him.

How is what Minnesota did this off season to address RB my own opinion? That actually happened. It is clear it's McKinnon owners who are skewing the off season to mean what they want it to mean instead of what is quite clear. You can keep spinning it any way you like but if you want to be excited about the 3rd back on the depth chart who the team aggressively got two backs to play over him this off season by all means. But let's not act like we don't know what that means for him.

WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson

TheChicken
Captain
Captain

Postby TheChicken » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:50 am

Why do people have to be so extreme in their views?

McKinnon has some value to the FO and coaching staff, else he'd be cut, and it's not as if he adds anything to special teams.

Woodhead averages more rush attempts per game than receptions per game, but only catches 3rd down passes!

Admitting either point doesn't promote McKinnon up the depth chart or suddenly turn Gordon into situational back.
99 problems but your 10 team league ain't one!

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:31 pm

Chris_R wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:31 am
After his rookie season that was quite ordinary what other RBs did they draft? What free agent backs did they sign? Woodhead never takes carries away from anyone, ever. He is a specialty back who operates on 3rd down catching passes. They fully intended to still ride Gordon in year 2 evidenced by their moves that off season.
Week 1 last year (Woodhead got injured week 2):
Melvin Gordon - 14 carries for 57 yards and 2 TDs, no receptions
Danny Woodhead - 16 carries for 89 yards, 5 catches for 31 yards and a TD

Gordon was in a 50/50 timeshare, where he was the goal line back but left the field in passing situations.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:45 pm

Ruggenater wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:31 pm

Gordon was in a 50/50 timeshare, where he was the goal line back but left the field in passing situations.
Woodhead has never had more then 106 carries in a season in his career. Next highest totals were 98, 97, and 77. He's been in the league 9 years. What's more useful, 1 game, or 9 years worth of data?

Even if you wanted to stick to this idea or concept, if Minnesota uses a timeshare you wanna guess which two backs will be the ones utilized?
Last edited by Chris_R on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:47 pm

TheChicken wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:50 am Why do people have to be so extreme in their views?

McKinnon has some value to the FO and coaching staff, else he'd be cut, and it's not as if he adds anything to special teams.

Woodhead averages more rush attempts per game than receptions per game, but only catches 3rd down passes!

Admitting either point doesn't promote McKinnon up the depth chart or suddenly turn Gordon into situational back.
Who said McKinnon had zero value to the front office? It's just a silly point to even try to dispute. They clearly weren't and aren't expecting him to be a big part of the backfield. Anyone who thinks there will be a bunch of carries or production left for McKinnon in Minnesota is just seeing what they choose to.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:04 pm

Chris_R wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:36 am
Chris_R wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:08 pm But it's very clear Minnesota does not, that can't be disputed in any shape or form.
Considering one's own opinion to be on a factual level? You may be right that the MN front office and coaches have no faith in McKinnon, but it's certainly disputable. I'd have gone ahead with adding a free agent and a rb via the draft with that depth chart. On a team that wants defense and clock control, one running back is not enough.
As to why they took dalvin and didn't wait for a later round rb, I think they probably intended to. Yet, dalvin was dropping. When a player that is high on your talent board is dropping and it's a position that they intend to draft anyways, they should go get him.

How is what Minnesota did this off season to address RB my own opinion? That actually happened. It is clear it's McKinnon owners who are skewing the off season to mean what they want it to mean instead of what is quite clear. You can keep spinning it any way you like but if you want to be excited about the 3rd back on the depth chart who the team aggressively got two backs to play over him this off season by all means. But let's not act like we don't know what that means for him.
I own him in a league, but am looking to acquire in others. Picking up backs that are essentially free and in a muddled situation is generally good business in my experience. I don't think anyone is arguing that McKinnon is a clear starter, the argument is more that there is no clear starter and since we believe in McKinnon's ability, he's worth a final look.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:12 pm

Ruggenater wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:31 pm

to be fair this is Woodhead's career high for # of carries in a game (and it was an OT game too), he's had 15 a couple other times but only ever had a handful of games where he was over 12 carries (6 to be exact) so I'd say that week 1 of last year was more of an outlier than anything indicative of a timeshare between Gordon and Woodhead

even in 2015 when Gordon was much worse than last year he still averaged 13 carries a game to Woodhead's 6
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:56 pm

ericanadian wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:04 pm
Chris_R wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:36 am

I own him in a league, but am looking to acquire in others. Picking up backs that are essentially free and in a muddled situation is generally good business in my experience. I don't think anyone is arguing that McKinnon is a clear starter, the argument is more that there is no clear starter and since we believe in McKinnon's ability, he's worth a final look.
I think McKinnon has talent and isn't a bad buy low at all, with the premise that he's not going to get an opportunity there and it'll likely be in free agency. I've done the same with Hyde this off season and he at least will have a role of some sort in 2017. I just think it's clear he's not in the plans for Minnesota and taking him with the expectation of him getting work there will have people disappointed is all.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:27 am

not of big fan of mckinnon but in couple leagues he is on waivers while people have aaron jones , jeremy mcnichols marlon mack and tj yeldon as well as procise /rawls whomever loses seattle rb2 work battle are all on rosters and rightfully so . They are all rb3 with various amounts of upside for 2017 and farther from being able to leave as free agents . I can absolutely see stashing him for free and seeing if he lands somewhere in 2018 and who knows what 2017 holds ? Many a june rb3 has won fantasy titles come december through attrition on the depth chart via injury or incompetence above them.
woodhead, I off loaded in january and haven't looked back if you are pinning your hopes on a 32 year old midget that has missed 27 of his last 48 games then it may be time to stockpile picks for the future . He is at best for me an october or november trade target for a contending team to add some depth or prevent a rival from acquiring him.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci