Sell me on Rob Kelley

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Sell me on Rob Kelley

Postby moishetreats » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:16 am

Yes, that's right: sell me on him. I know all the arguments against him, but I own him Team 1 in sig. I have a fair enough offer for him (I'll post that later), but I still have belief in him. Again, I know all the reasons to accept the offer, but I'd love to hear from anyone who still holds faith in Kelley first...

So, if you exist out there: Go!
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Pantherbro13
Starter
Starter

Re: Sell me on Rob Kelley

Postby Pantherbro13 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:41 am

moishetreats wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:16 am Yes, that's right: sell me on him. I know all the arguments against him, but I own him Team 1 in sig. I have a fair enough offer for him (I'll post that later), but I still have belief in him. Again, I know all the reasons to accept the offer, but I'd love to hear from anyone who still holds faith in Kelley first...

So, if you exist out there: Go!
I have Rob Kelley as well. I've been very actively trying to trade him off to RB needy teams for a 2018 first rounder. I think he will be the starter this year but I don't have faith in him keeping the job long term.
12 team PPR/40 player roster/5 round rookie draft

QB
- Josh Allen/Anthony Richardson
RB - Bijan Robinson/Javonte Williams/Joe Mixon/Brian Robinson/Samaje Perine/Kendre Miller/Chase Brown
WR - Ja’Marr Chase/DJ Moore/DeVonta Smith/Zay FlowersJosh Downs/Tank Dell/Skyy Moore/Dontayvion Wicks/Trey Palmer
TE - TJ Hockenson/Sam LaPorta/Cole Kmet
K - Harrison Butker
DL - Myles Garrett/Jeffrey Simmons/Brian Burns/Christian Barmore/Ed Oliver
LB - Shaq Thompson/Ivan Pace Jr/Pete Werner/Christian Harris/Blake Cashman/Cole Holcomb/Micah McFadden
DB - Kyle Dugger/Jevon Holland/Reed Blankenship/Kyle Hamilton/Dax Hill/Jalen Thompson/Amani Hooker
IR -
TS - Isaiah Likely/Isaiah Spiller/Xavier Gipson

2024 Draft picks - 1st (x2), 2nd (x4), 3rd, 4th

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:42 am

Didn't see more than 5 carries in a game until week 8 and didn't play the whole game in week 17, in the 8 games from week 8 to week 16 he had 583 rushing yards and 6 TDs for a 16-game pace of 1160 rushing yards and 12 rushing TDs, that and by all accounts he's been one of the hardest working people this offseason for the Redskins, so much so that the OC came out and said earlier this week that while they would like to use a hot-hand approach Kelley "has obviously earned" the right to remain the starter
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:59 am

I have him in a couple places and I have gotten no interest in him at all. I would be very happy with getting an '18 first for him. Everybody is high on Perine, which is definitely somewhat justified, though I feel it has gotten a little too high in some places. Kelley does not get targeted in the passing game or Thompson does that work, so his PPR value takes a big hit. You could do worse in a start 2RB league, but I figured his trade value had plummeted.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:17 am

He's in a solid situation and Gruden has a fairly long history of playing athletically unimpressive backs. Perine is really his only threat, but Perine isn't exactly an elite athlete and is largely being hyped up due to a lack of competition. Perine will need to learn to block at the NFL level because this offense largely runs through Kirk Cousins. Kelley has proven to be a solid inside runner. He beat out Jones because he is a better inside runner who doesn't fumble and Jones runs like a third down back by kicking plays to the outside too often,
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:13 am

I think people underestimate the value of having the trust of the coaching staff. Those coaches LOVED them some Matt Jones and Rob replaced him.

zelldawg26
Role Player
Role Player

Postby zelldawg26 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:48 am

I'm sorry but I just can't sell you on him. Yes I own Perine and it's easy to say that, but the Skins had nowhere else to go after Jones had problems last season. He is not a buy IMO.
24 Player Roster/12 Team/PPR/IDP/PPT(Point Per Tackle)
4 player Taxi Squad

QB- Aaron Rodgers, Winston
RB- Monty, Ajayi, Ingram, Duke, Booker, Burkhead, Collins, Foreman, Breida
WR- Cooks, A-Rob, TY, Funchess, MBryant, Godwin, MWilliams, Golladay
TE-Engram
PK- M.Crosby
LB- CJ Mosley, L David
DE- Fowler, Okafor
DB- Clinton-Dix, Rashad Jones

24 player roster/12 team/0.5 PPR/IDP/4 player Taxi

QB- Luck, Carr, Bortles
RB- Zeke, Hyde, McKinnon, Henry, A Jones, Drake, Foreman, Booker, Dixon
WR- Evans, Hilton, ARob, Cooper, Watkins, Shepard, C Davis, Gordon, Doctson
TE-Olsen, Kittle
PK- Whatever
DE- Okafor, Hunter
LB- Buccanon, Mack
S- Baker, Mathieu

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:18 am

zelldawg26 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:48 am I'm sorry but I just can't sell you on him. Yes I own Perine and it's easy to say that, but the Skins had nowhere else to go after Jones had problems last season. He is not a buy IMO.
to be fair, whether they had "nowhere else to go" or not Kelley produced when given the opportunity and production is what really matters, he's the incumbent starter so he'll get first crack at the gig and given the rave reviews from his coaches this offseason about him losing weight and being more explosive I see no reason to believe that he'll regress from what he was last year, which was a solid RB2 pace
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:31 am

If I'm going to sell you on Rob Kelley, it's going to be based on his situation rather than his transcendental talent. The Redskins have a pretty potent offense that should generate a lot of red zone carries for whoever their lead back is. Their O-line coach is Bill Callahan, who was the architect behind that dominant Cowboys O-line during his stint there from 2012-2014. I think Washington is one of the most underrated RB situations in the entire league. I wouldn't want to invest a ton in Kelley as a standalone piece, but if you already own Perine, he's definitely a worthwhile insurance policy.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:00 pm

Upside vs downside for fat Rob,

Upside - maybe he keeps the starting gig and relegates Perine to goal line and committee back. There's RB2/3 value in that scenario if he pulls it off. Even then you gotta wonder about competition from 2018's also-pretty-great RB class.

Downside - Perine takes over pretty early as most expect (Waldman is very high on him + has him higher than Dalvin) and locks up starting RB for years. He's Alfred Morris only in a better situation if Cousins signs a long term deal before camp.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:22 pm

M-Dub wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:31 am If I'm going to sell you on Rob Kelley, it's going to be based on his situation rather than his transcendental talent. The Redskins have a pretty potent offense that should generate a lot of red zone carries for whoever their lead back is. Their O-line coach is Bill Callahan, who was the architect behind that dominant Cowboys O-line during his stint there from 2012-2014. I think Washington is one of the most underrated RB situations in the entire league. I wouldn't want to invest a ton in Kelley as a standalone piece, but if you already own Perine, he's definitely a worthwhile insurance policy.
This^^^ for me. I see just an average talent when I've watched him play but like you said, they do score alot or at least have been the last couple of seasons but it's more about the situation than talent for sure, imo.
12 TEAM PPR 1QB 1/3RB 1/3WR 1TE 2FLEX 1D 1K

Team 1: 8-5-2019 Champs 8-5-2020 Champs 11-3-2021 Champs
QBs: D.Carr, C.Wentz
RBs: J.Taylor, A.Jones, J.Mixon, B.Robinson
WRs: T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, K.Allen, J.Jones, K.Golladay
TEs: T.Kelce, P.Freiermuth

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 10-3-Championship 2021: 12-2-Runner Up
QBs: J.Allen, Winston, Trubisky
RBs: Ekeler, J.Williams, M.Gordon, J.Jacobs, I.Spiller
WRs: C.Kupp, T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, D.Mooney, N.Collins, M.Hardman
TEs: D.Waller, D.Schultz, Albert O

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 9-4

QBs: Mahomes, J.Allen, J.Love, Trubisky
RBs: A.Jones, M.Gordon, McKissic, K.Vaughn, B.Snell
WRs: J.Jefferson, T.McLaurin, K.Golladay, M.Pittman,T.Patrick
TEs: M.Andrews,D.Schultz

2019: 9 championships
2020: 7 championships-including 2 DLF Series Championships
2021: 9 championships-including 3 DLF Series Championships

TheChicken
Captain
Captain

Postby TheChicken » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:29 pm

33.8% of his yards game from runs of 15+ yards. Elliot had 33.7% of his yards from runs of 15+ yards.

The comparison probably ends there!
99 problems but your 10 team league ain't one!

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:56 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:13 am I think people underestimate the value of having the trust of the coaching staff. Those coaches LOVED them some Matt Jones and Rob replaced him.
So why wouldn't they replace Rob just as easily if they think they have a better option. Seems like having the trust of the coaching staff is only as good as your production.

motherlode
Role Player
Role Player

Postby motherlode » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:59 pm

Last year at the this time, all the things that are being said about Perine and Kelly right now were being said about Lat Murray and DeAndre Washington.

(Also works in Spencer Ware threads)

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:46 pm

Goddard wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:56 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:13 am I think people underestimate the value of having the trust of the coaching staff. Those coaches LOVED them some Matt Jones and Rob replaced him.
So why wouldn't they replace Rob just as easily if they think they have a better option.
They would...