Toughest Players to Trade

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Toughest Players to Trade

Postby heyfeefellskee » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:25 pm

David Johnson is pretty hard to trade. A fair package up for him usually takes away too many pieces from another team.

gurnsy200
Rookie
Rookie

Postby gurnsy200 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:52 pm

It's funny that I happen to own a lot of players mentioned on here. Or did anyway. I sold Michael Thomas this off-season with McCoy, 1.10 and 1.12 for AB, Snead and 2.01.

But hard sells have been DT, Larry Fitz (age), J-Matt, Shepard and Jimmy Graham for me.
12 team - 1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex
QBs: Brees, Murray
WRs: Jeffrey, Kupp, A Rob, Fitzgerald, Shepard, Moncrief, Chark, Cain, DJ Moore
RBs: Ingram, Michel, Jones, Guice, Peterson, Harris
TE: Ertz, Fant

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:05 pm

Veteran WR's in their late 20's-30's are the poster child for this thread. They don't have high dynasty value but they are consistent and will win you leagues.

Players like:

Julian Edelman
Emmanuel Sanders
Golden Tate
Demaryius Thomas
Larry Fitzgerald
Brandon Marshall
Michael Crabtree since joining Oakland

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:39 pm

Chris_R wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:29 pm
maxhyde wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:09 pm
I think the problem is trying to sell production in the offseason....just don't. The 27+yr olds that you are pretty confident will score, just hold until late august or september. Guys like AJG/Dez/DT/McCoy have value when when the paper studs aren't scoring like people are expecting in June/July
This.

It's also weird seeing people act like AJG, Dez, DT, or Alshon are old. I would be trying to trade for any of those guys right now especially if someone was trying to rid them because they are about to be "old" . As mentioned these are the guys whose value comes back up strong in the season when they are dropping 25 points a week and people are losing games with their rookies like Treadwell and Corey Coleman. Everyone always feels like their next pick is gonna be OBJ or Mike Thomas.
The problem is, you might not be able to sell these older studs/high production players during the season either - if they have a down year (or have one again, in some cases), then the value of what you can get back in trade keeps circling the drain.

To make things worse, they then soon turn 30 - losing another huge chunk of trade value.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:42 pm

Try living in the greater Philadelphia area and being turned down time and time again when asking Eagles fans for a 1st round pick for DeMarco Murray.

Still hold bitter resentment for the 2015 season and feel that Murray is a heartbeat away from being irrelevant. Thanks Chip Kelly.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

Hahaclintondix
Starter
Starter

Postby Hahaclintondix » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:38 pm

TY is impossible for me to sell. Has top 12-15 startup value, but isn't attracting anything close. No joke, my best offer is Kevin White and pick 8.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:42 pm

Hahaclintondix wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:38 pm TY is impossible for me to sell. Has top 12-15 startup value, but isn't attracting anything close. No joke, my best offer is Kevin White and pick 8.
He turns 28 during the season. He's not far off from that group of late 20's-early 30's WR's who have more lineup value than trade value. This is probably the last time to get peak value for Hilton.

I still think Hilton's a great buy though. He's Andrew Luck's Marvin Harrison and probably has 4-5 more 1,000+ yard seasons in him.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:18 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:42 pm Try living in the greater Philadelphia area and being turned down time and time again when asking Eagles fans for a 1st round pick for DeMarco Murray.

Still hold bitter resentment for the 2015 season and feel that Murray is a heartbeat away from being irrelevant. Thanks Chip Kelly.
Yeah, not to derail the thread too much but most people knew that was a bad signing for the Eagles, it was mainly to keep him from re-signing with my Cowboys, imo. That offense didn't fit Murray and the Titans have an o-line and offensive philosophy much more similar to the Cowboys.
12 TEAM PPR 1QB 1/3RB 1/3WR 1TE 2FLEX 1D 1K

Team 1: 8-5-2019 Champs 8-5-2020 Champs 11-3-2021 Champs
QBs: D.Carr, C.Wentz
RBs: J.Taylor, A.Jones, J.Mixon, B.Robinson
WRs: T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, K.Allen, J.Jones, K.Golladay
TEs: T.Kelce, P.Freiermuth

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 10-3-Championship 2021: 12-2-Runner Up
QBs: J.Allen, Winston, Trubisky
RBs: Ekeler, J.Williams, M.Gordon, J.Jacobs, I.Spiller
WRs: C.Kupp, T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, D.Mooney, N.Collins, M.Hardman
TEs: D.Waller, D.Schultz, Albert O

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 9-4

QBs: Mahomes, J.Allen, J.Love, Trubisky
RBs: A.Jones, M.Gordon, McKissic, K.Vaughn, B.Snell
WRs: J.Jefferson, T.McLaurin, K.Golladay, M.Pittman,T.Patrick
TEs: M.Andrews,D.Schultz

2019: 9 championships
2020: 7 championships-including 2 DLF Series Championships
2021: 9 championships-including 3 DLF Series Championships

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:16 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:42 pm
Hahaclintondix wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:38 pm I still think Hilton's a great buy though. He's Andrew Luck's Marvin Harrison and probably has 4-5 more 1,000+ yard seasons in him.
You just compared TY Hilton to Marvin Harrison. I know it's not in the context of saying he's a also going to be a Hall of Fame WR and also a top 10 WR ever. But still, don't do that.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:30 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:16 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:42 pm
Hahaclintondix wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:38 pm I still think Hilton's a great buy though. He's Andrew Luck's Marvin Harrison and probably has 4-5 more 1,000+ yard seasons in him.
You just compared TY Hilton to Marvin Harrison. I know it's not in the context of saying he's a also going to be a Hall of Fame WR and also a top 10 WR ever. But still, don't do that.
I actually see the slight comparison, TY is Andrew's security blanket and they are signed long-term together in Indy.

With TY's great route running skills and understanding of how to beat zone coverages I could see him easily having 4-5 more great seasons and eventually ending up as the Colts' #2 all-time WR only behind Harrison (and ahead of Reggie)
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:12 pm

He's a receiver who plays for the Colts. That's where the similarities end.

Marvin Harrison was one of the best to ever play the game. His 2002 season is right up there with 1995 Jerry Rice and 2007 Randy Moss. Don't get me wrong TY is a hell of a player. But people forget how much of a legend Marvin was.

TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:33 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:12 pm He's a receiver who plays for the Colts. That's where the similarities end.
Harrison​ is Indy's #1, TY is at worst their #4 after next season, they have much more in common than you think.

374 recs, 5,861 yds, 15.7 avg, 30 TDs

And that's just the five years that he's been in the league, one of those was with Matt Hasselbeck/Charlie Whitehurst as his QB for half the season.

By the end of TY's career he could end being third in Colts history, he just doesn't​ have the TDs that Harrison had, but obviously Peyton Manning is to thank for a big chunk of making all of that happen.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

MikeHoncho
Rookie
Rookie

Postby MikeHoncho » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:04 am

Have been getting a ton of "not interested" replys when shopping Dez, even when offering him for guys 5-10 spots back in ADP. Lockett has also drawn 0 interest from anybody owning players a little further back in ADP.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:43 am

Friction wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:52 am I always see talk about contenders purchasing vets for the stretch run, especially at rb, and that just does not happen in my leagues.
I think this is a pipe dream in almost every league. The reality is that a contender is a contender because they already have pieces and are almost never in the market. The whole idea of holding a player until some time during the season rarely works out. Even if you can get a trade done, it's unlikely to be for more value than they are worth today. The contenders needing that stop gap aren't going to overpay...they are going to view the player most likely worth LESS because they are little more than an option for a couple of weeks.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:13 pm

skip wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:43 am
Friction wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:52 am I always see talk about contenders purchasing vets for the stretch run, especially at rb, and that just does not happen in my leagues.
I think this is a pipe dream in almost every league. The reality is that a contender is a contender because they already have pieces and are almost never in the market. The whole idea of holding a player until some time during the season rarely works out. Even if you can get a trade done, it's unlikely to be for more value than they are worth today. The contenders needing that stop gap aren't going to overpay...they are going to view the player most likely worth LESS because they are little more than an option for a couple of weeks.
Not disagreeing with anything here, but injuries do happen and sometimes people will overpay to find a replacement of similar caliber. In general though, I would just try to be actively trading the player at all times if possible. This means gaining insight into what your opponents are thinking and using that to your advantage.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds