Toughest Players to Trade

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
QuintorrisLopezJones
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Toughest Players to Trade

Postby QuintorrisLopezJones » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:16 am

So every year, there are guys with high ADPs that are nearly impossible to trade for anything close to perceived value. who are those guys for you this year? For me its:

Jmatt: This will be a common one
AJG: maybe its that there aren't many teams trying to make serious runs in the league I am trying to shop him
Michael Thomas: Really curios on trades people have seen with him, cant see anyone I play with paying top 10/15 prices for him
10 Team League .5 PPR QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, 2FLEX, K, DEF
QB: Brees, Big Ben, Watson
WR: Julio Jones, AJ Green, Alshon Jeffery, DeVante Parker,Sammy Watkins, Michael Crabtree, Agholor
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Todd Gurley, Fournette, Lynch, Conner
TE: Travis Kelce , Hooper, Doyle
K: Bryant
DEF: JAX

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Re: Toughest Players to Trade

Postby Kramer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:27 am

The old guard of WRs: DT, Alshon, Dez
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:18 am

every player I own besides Fournette. (which I understand that I have a bias that leads to me overvaluing my players)

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:32 am

QuintorrisLopezJones wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:16 am Jmatt: This will be a common one
His ADP is now at the end of the 6th round in startups. Most leagues you can trade him at that price; it's just a lower price than we're used to seeing for him.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:47 am

Studs and hopefuls
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:52 am

I always see talk about contenders purchasing vets for the stretch run, especially at rb, and that just does not happen in my leagues. Ever. I agree with the strategy and all, but I don't know what it is. Maybe most contenders seem to have enough at rb being they are all PPR leagues and easier to find sufficient scoring. I think overall the mentioned players are the ones i would think of or really anybody who is not young and performing already or at least really is popular as a break out candidate.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:57 am

Friction wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:52 am I always see talk about contenders purchasing vets for the stretch run, especially at rb, and that just does not happen in my leagues. Ever. I agree with the strategy and all, but I don't know what it is. Maybe most contenders seem to have enough at rb being they are all PPR leagues and easier to find sufficient scoring. I think overall the mentioned players are the ones i would think of or really anybody who is not young and performing already or at least really is popular as a break out candidate.
Does it seem like a lack of buyers or sellers of veteran RBs?
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:02 pm

I would assume a lack of buyers, though I do not know how much others are throwing offers out there or being approached. I know if I fall out of contention and feel I may be in a rebuild of any sort, I try to unload some vets having decent years. Even at dirt cheap they rarely get a sniff and I usually try to target teams that it would actually improve their rb stuation or they flat out need it to chase the title. I get it though, it's not for everyone and it is what it is.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:09 pm

Yeah if this is toughest players to trade for their ADP I am not sure most of these apply. Trying to get more than what people currently value players is always a tough sell.
Michael Thomas is legit though...I think you are lucky to get a mid-late 2nd startup value for him...not mid-late 1st. In places there are believers though
I don't know because I sold him last offseason but I think Keenan Allen is a tough sell at late 2nd values. I would swap him quickly for Diggs/Jeffery at this point as an owner

I think the problem is trying to sell production in the offseason....just don't. The 27+yr olds that you are pretty confident will score, just hold until late august or september. Guys like AJG/Dez/DT/McCoy have value when when the paper studs aren't scoring like people are expecting in June/July
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:15 pm

ImaRounder wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:18 am every player I own besides Fournette. (which I understand that I have a bias that leads to me overvaluing my players)
I could have told you that :wave: lol
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

QuintorrisLopezJones
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby QuintorrisLopezJones » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:18 pm

dlf_jules wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:57 am
Friction wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:52 am I always see talk about contenders purchasing vets for the stretch run, especially at rb, and that just does not happen in my leagues. Ever. I agree with the strategy and all, but I don't know what it is. Maybe most contenders seem to have enough at rb being they are all PPR leagues and easier to find sufficient scoring. I think overall the mentioned players are the ones i would think of or really anybody who is not young and performing already or at least really is popular as a break out candidate.
Does it seem like a lack of buyers or sellers of veteran RBs?
in my leagues, a lot of this is because there always seem to be a few top teams above the rest. for the league in my sig, on paper, myself and one other team (maybe a third) are so far above the rest, that other teams don't want to sacrifice the future because they wont make up enough ground. I think this will be the case far more often in shallow leagues
10 Team League .5 PPR QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, 2FLEX, K, DEF
QB: Brees, Big Ben, Watson
WR: Julio Jones, AJ Green, Alshon Jeffery, DeVante Parker,Sammy Watkins, Michael Crabtree, Agholor
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Todd Gurley, Fournette, Lynch, Conner
TE: Travis Kelce , Hooper, Doyle
K: Bryant
DEF: JAX

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:25 pm

Disclaimer: Randall Cobb's ADP on DLF is not reflective of his true market value. Do not try to sell him at that price.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:29 pm

maxhyde wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:09 pm
I think the problem is trying to sell production in the offseason....just don't. The 27+yr olds that you are pretty confident will score, just hold until late august or september. Guys like AJG/Dez/DT/McCoy have value when when the paper studs aren't scoring like people are expecting in June/July
This.

It's also weird seeing people act like AJG, Dez, DT, or Alshon are old. I would be trying to trade for any of those guys right now especially if someone was trying to rid them because they are about to be "old" . As mentioned these are the guys whose value comes back up strong in the season when they are dropping 25 points a week and people are losing games with their rookies like Treadwell and Corey Coleman. Everyone always feels like their next pick is gonna be OBJ or Mike Thomas.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Weeman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Weeman » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:04 pm

I generally don't see top tier/rd 1 guys being traded. A few of the buylow candidates in my league like hopkins & gurley got overloaded with offers they stood still as a result. Their upside/talent is something many owners can't give up on.

Reed is tough to sell... concussion reasons
Sheppard... marshall/engram additions
T.Williams... m.williams & henry breakout party

I'd imagine lat murray, j.hill, bernard, tj yeldon, j.stew are all tough to sell. I did see one owner swap murray for chris thompson. Thought it was awful for both teams tbh

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:23 pm

Edelman is pretty hard to sell. Baldwin is another who won't give you the return via trade that he will on your roster. J-Matt has already been mentioned but I haven't tried to move him.

The fact remains that you don't have to trade older vets who produce or players who are just undervalued for X reason. The fact that you want to trade them may correlate with your lack of trade partners/trade value. This is why I won't try to trade J-Matt. I either have to feel like I'm getting as much as possible now before he falls off a cliff or that he will out produce what I can get in return. Since I think the latter I won't be moving him for a second. Same with Edelman (will be hard to get a second) and Baldwin who I value as at least a high first.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave