Jeremy Maclin will be a WR2 this year. Lock it in.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jeremy Maclin will be a WR2 this year. Lock it in.

Postby Goddard » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:46 am

He's definitely got the talent and should be the #1 option there, but injuries are the only things that would make me question whether he can be consistent.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:30 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:03 pm
KU Sucks wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:58 pm If Maclin was still capable of producing at a true #1 wr level; KC would have found another solution to their cap issue. Andy Reid loved the guy.
There were 4 possible players for KC to cut to fix their cap issue, one of them is the incumbent QB who they need at least this year to bring along their rookie, two of them were multi-year pro bowl edge rushers in a league where getting to the QB is key to most defensive strategies, and the last was Maclin, a WR who AT BEST was the #2 target on the team behind Kelce in an offense that prefers to run the ball and has Tyreek Hill flashing explosiveness all last year

Cutting him had nothing to do with his ability to produce and everything to do with KC's offensive and defensive needs, not to mention that Reid wasn't even consulted about the move, it was as much a surprise to him as it was to Maclin so whether he liked him or not is irrelevant
But then why did they wait until after OTA's to cut him? If it was inevitable, and Reid loves / respects Maclin, why wouldn't they cut him in the off-season in order to realize the cap savings earlier on, create cap space during Free Agency, and do Maclin a solid by letting him earn a big pay-day on the open market?

I don't think Maclin is on a steep decline and can't contribute anymore. But I don't think he's looked very explosive over the past 2 years, and the timing of his release should at least raise an eyebrow. Throw in a mediocre passing game and a lot of other targets (Wallace, Perriman, Woodhead, Dixon, the TE's) on a team that should be much improved defensively, and I don't see Maclin as anything more than a boring WR #3 / Flex player.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:46 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:30 pm
KU Sucks wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:58 pm If Maclin was still capable of producing at a true #1 wr level; KC would have found another solution to their cap issue. Andy Reid loved the guy.
There were 4 possible players for KC to cut to fix their cap issue, one of them is the incumbent QB who they need at least this year to bring along their rookie, two of them were multi-year pro bowl edge rushers in a league where getting to the QB is key to most defensive strategies, and the last was Maclin, a WR who AT BEST was the #2 target on the team behind Kelce in an offense that prefers to run the ball and has Tyreek Hill flashing explosiveness all last year

Cutting him had nothing to do with his ability to produce and everything to do with KC's offensive and defensive needs, not to mention that Reid wasn't even consulted about the move, it was as much a surprise to him as it was to Maclin so whether he liked him or not is irrelevant
But then why did they wait until after OTA's to cut him? If it was inevitable, and Reid loves / respects Maclin, why wouldn't they cut him in the off-season in order to realize the cap savings earlier on, create cap space during Free Agency, and do Maclin a solid by letting him earn a big pay-day on the open market?

I don't think Maclin is on a steep decline and can't contribute anymore. But I don't think he's looked very explosive over the past 2 years, and the timing of his release should at least raise an eyebrow. Throw in a mediocre passing game and a lot of other targets (Wallace, Perriman, Woodhead, Dixon, the TE's) on a team that should be much improved defensively, and I don't see Maclin as anything more than a boring WR #3 / Flex player.
Well he was what, the 15th WR 2 years ago with Smith in KC? Hard to imagine his ability has fallen off THAT much, the cliff for WRs isn't that steep, even ones with somewhat of an injury history

As for why they didn't wait until after OTAs, I have no idea, but it caught everyone by surprise, Maclin, Smith, Reid, nobody saw it coming but the front office so, again, Reid loving/respecting him had nothing to do with the decision by the GM/front office to cut Maclin (word is Reid was very pissed that they didn't even bother to talk to him about it) and they never even bothered to ask Maclin to restructure his contract or take a pay cut
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:45 pm

He was a post-June 1st cut. It's not uncommon. It allows you spread the signing bonus over another year.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:26 pm

Correct.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:29 pm

Why is it people refuse to read the part where Reid didn't even know Maclin was getting cut until after it happened? Like Andy Reid's like/dislike of Maclin had anything to do with it when it didn't?
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:06 pm

Cause that sounds like B.S. A head coach had no inkling that his primary receiver was being released? C'mon. Who reported that? Send the link, I doubt that's from a reputable source.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:23 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:30 pm I don't think Maclin is on a steep decline and can't contribute anymore. But I don't think he's looked very explosive over the past 2 years, and the timing of his release should at least raise an eyebrow. Throw in a mediocre passing game and a lot of other targets (Wallace, Perriman, Woodhead, Dixon, the TE's) on a team that should be much improved defensively, and I don't see Maclin as anything more than a boring WR #3 / Flex player.
I definitely have to pick a bone with you on this part. He was a total baller just a year and a half ago (2015) when he had maybe his best pro season. And not just good stats, he played and looked very good in all facets of the game.

Last year was rough, absolutely. But he was hurt.

He's been an above average WR for his entire career, he's still in the back end of his prime years, and his QB only has one target who's remotely proven (Wallace). Sign me up.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:27 pm

ericanadian wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:45 pm
kmbryant09 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:30 pm But then why did they wait until after OTA's to cut him?
He was a post-June 1st cut. It's not uncommon. It allows you spread the signing bonus over another year.
Thank you. :thumbup: I was just about to explain the same thing. Clearly a money dump in KC.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:01 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:23 pm
kmbryant09 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:30 pm I don't think Maclin is on a steep decline and can't contribute anymore. But I don't think he's looked very explosive over the past 2 years, and the timing of his release should at least raise an eyebrow. Throw in a mediocre passing game and a lot of other targets (Wallace, Perriman, Woodhead, Dixon, the TE's) on a team that should be much improved defensively, and I don't see Maclin as anything more than a boring WR #3 / Flex player.
I definitely have to pick a bone with you on this part. He was a total baller just a year and a half ago (2015) when he had maybe his best pro season. And not just good stats, he played and looked very good in all facets of the game.

Last year was rough, absolutely. But he was hurt.

He's been an above average WR for his entire career, he's still in the back end of his prime years, and his QB only has one target who's remotely proven (Wallace). Sign me up.
To each their own, I don't have any specific plays to reference or testing numbers to fall-back on.

However, he averaged just 12.5 ypc in that 2015 season that you speak of, which basically tied for his worst season in his career at that point in time.

Just to be clear, I still think he's an above-average, effective WR. I just don't see him as a top20 talent at this point in his career after some of the injuries, and I don't think the situation is some magical fantasy-producing spot to buoy his 2017 production. I still think he settles in as a WR #3 - probably in the 25 - 35 range overall, which definitely has value. I just don't see the upside in that offense.
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:04 am

Good call, forgot about that.

But I thought you could still "designate" a player as a Post-June 1st cut without having to wait for the calendar to pass? Any more information on that?

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:16 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:04 am

Good call, forgot about that.

But I thought you could still "designate" a player as a Post-June 1st cut without having to wait for the calendar to pass? Any more information on that?
Yes, they can designate two players as post-June 1st cuts and cut them earlier. The team seemed to hope that Jaye Howard would sign with another team prior to the draft and save them $2.5 million, but that didn't happen. Maybe they were looking at other avenues to try and save cap space and eventually just had to bite the bullet.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:33 am

ericanadian wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:16 am Maybe they were looking at other avenues to try and save cap space and eventually just had to bite the bullet.
I think this is probably accurate.

KU Sucks
Captain
Captain

Postby KU Sucks » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:59 am

Maclin admitted in a interview in Baltimore that he had heard he was on the trade block. But found out he was cut from a voicemail; it is a cold business.

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2017/ ... yptr=yahoo

Littlemcgee222
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Littlemcgee222 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:47 pm

Agreed! Pitta goin down, there's another 120 targets to get spread around if they throw the ball another 700 times. Also think Danny Woodhead is gonna be fantasy gold in ppr formats (if he stays healthy )
4%ers. (12tm .5ppr)

Qb: Winston, Eli Manning
Rb: D.Freeman, Tevin Coleman, Frank Gore, Yeldon, DeAndre Washington, Ivory
Wr: Evans, Amari, Kelvin, DJax, Stills, Aiken
Te: Ebron, Julius Thomas