Jeremy Maclin will be a WR2 this year. Lock it in.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Jeremy Maclin will be a WR2 this year. Lock it in.

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:49 am

Title says it all. I'm not trying to make some hot take prediction, I sincerely believe Maclin will be a top 25 WR this year, with top 12 upside.

He's by far the best WR in Baltimore, and probably the best WR Flacco has ever thrown to. Maybe #2 behind Steve Smith, who was a difference-maker for most of his Ravens career.

While I don't think Flacco is anything super special in real life terms, one can certainly make the argument that he is the best passer that Maclin has ever had throwing to him. Maclin played with McNabb in Donavan's final year in Philly, then had a smorgasbord of Sanchez, Foles, Vick, Alex Smith, etc.

I think Maclin's floor is 60-875-5. His ceiling is 90-1300-11.

Personally, I expect Maclin to clear 75 catches, 1000 yards, and 6+ TDs
Last edited by lukkynumber13 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Jeremy Maclin will be a WR2 this year. Lock it in.

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:05 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:49 am Maybe #2 behind Steve Smith, who posted WR1 numbers for most of his Ravens career.
Smith posted exactly one WR1 season in Baltimore, and that's only if you count his 2015 on a per-game basis. (He played only seven games.) He was a solid WR2 in 2014 and a WR3 in 2016.

Not trying to nit-pick, but this seems relevant to the argument.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:08 pm

dlf_jules wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:05 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:49 am Maybe #2 behind Steve Smith, who posted WR1 numbers for most of his Ravens career.
Smith posted exactly one WR1 season in Baltimore, and that's only if you count his 2015 on a per-game basis. (He played only seven games.) He was a solid WR2 in 2014 and a WR3 in 2016.

Not trying to nit-pick, but this seems relevant to the argument.
Good catch! You're correct.

I thought his 2014 was slightly more dominant

***I edited my original post to say Smith was a difference maker rather than a WR1 ;)
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:35 pm

Can you win with Maclin as your 2nd best WR? Yes, I believe so. Will he fall somewhere between the 12th and 25th highest scoring WRs? I don't know. Does it matter? If the 20th highest scoring WR scores 12 more fantasy points over the year than the 25th highest scoring WR, that's less than a point per game difference...yet we label them WR2 and WR3 at season's end.
There are WAY TOO MANY talented WRs to lock some in as top 24, and that's not a discredit to them. I do think Maclin is in that tier of WRs that could very easily finish inside the top 24, but there's a lot of WRs in that tier.

All that said, Maclin is pretty undervalued...or at least he WAS. I'm not sure how he's valued anymore with the spotlight on him, but I imagine the price has gone up simply because of a buzz around his name now...should have bought more shares of the talent before the spotlight/attention found him.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:28 pm

Can't see any Ravens receiver reaching 1300 yards, OP. Flacco just doesn't have it in him; actually has he ever had a WR go for that many yards? Plus, there's more mouths to feed in Baltimore now. Maclin, Wallace, Perriman, and Woodhead. And Flacco's eclipsed 4k yards passing in a season only once in his career.

And even aside from that, Maclin may have quietly fallen off his career's cliff last year. His floor is lower than 60-875-5 if his body is starting to betray him now.
lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:49 am He's by far the best WR in Baltimore, and probably the best WR Flacco has ever thrown to
Both very dubious assertions.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:40 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... s-for-life

It seems Crab Cakes helped suay Maclin to Baltimore. ;)

Hopefully he waits until the next off-season to take advantage ...
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

jp67
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jp67 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:22 am

Jimmys makes some good crab cakes hon'

I doubt I will own Maclin. I do not have him in any dynasty leagues and pending where he goes in re draft I doubt I will pay the "hometown" price.

I agree with the OP that Maclin will be a WR#2 but I do not believe he has #1 upside I think WR 2 is his upside because that is what Ravens WRs are historically.
Flacco has never had a #1 receiver and although they throw the ball a lot they do not throw the ball to WR enough or with great efficiency. Flacco loves his Rb's and Te's and they gobble up targets and keep Flacco in the QB 2 range.
12 Team Superflex
QB: Winston Flacco Kizer Peterman Rosen Tannehill
RB: Cook Conner Foreman Fournette Burkhead Yeldon Austin Grant Roc Thomas
WR: A Brown Coleman Funchess Enunwa Gallup Richardson
TE: Njouku Everett ASJ

12 Team
QB: Luck Mahommes
RB: Barkley Booker Conner Grant Duke Kerryon Alf AP Sproles Roc Thomas
WR:Berrios Carroo Enunwa Gallup Kirk Moncreif ROgers Tre'quan Sutton J Washington Chad &Tyrlel Williams
TE: Anderson Doyle Ebron Engram Hooper
2019-Two Firsts--Four Seconds

12 Team 1QB 2RB 3WR 2FX 1D 1K
QB: Cam Bradford Rosen
RB: Bell Guice Mack Buck Alllen Burkhead K. Johnson Abdullah Conner Walton
WR: Baldwin OBJ Golladay Alshon Funchess Kearse J Matt M Thomas K White K Cole Allen Hurns J Watson
TE: Gronk Anderson McDonald
D: Bengals

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:46 am

Valhalla wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:35 pm Can you win with Maclin as your 2nd best WR? Yes, I believe so. Will he fall somewhere between the 12th and 25th highest scoring WRs? I don't know. Does it matter? If the 20th highest scoring WR scores 12 more fantasy points over the year than the 25th highest scoring WR, that's less than a point per game difference...yet we label them WR2 and WR3 at season's end.
There are WAY TOO MANY talented WRs to lock some in as top 24, and that's not a discredit to them. I do think Maclin is in that tier of WRs that could very easily finish inside the top 24, but there's a lot of WRs in that tier.

All that said, Maclin is pretty undervalued...or at least he WAS. I'm not sure how he's valued anymore with the spotlight on him, but I imagine the price has gone up simply because of a buzz around his name now...should have bought more shares of the talent before the spotlight/attention found him.
According to footballcalculator, he's on the upswing, but it hasn't been that drastic yet. He's still WR48.

I disagree with the OP that he's by far the most talented WR on the team. Wallace is criminally devalued in the fantasy community after Miami and Minnesota, but he's actually a really good WR. That being said, I still agree with the OP that Maclin will be a value... assuming Baltimore doesn't land Decker. If Decker shows up there will be too many mouths to feed. If not, I could see both Maclin and Wallace hovering around 1,000 yards.

Heartwork
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Heartwork » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:47 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:40 pm http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... s-for-life

It seems Crab Cakes helped suay Maclin to Baltimore. ;)

Hopefully he waits until the next off-season to take advantage ...
Crabs make people do crazy things ask Jameis.

12 Team PPR| 1QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Super Flex, 2 WRT | 25 Roster | 4 Taxi

QB: Stroud, Murray, Jimmy G
RB: Walker, Bijan Robinson, Pacheco, Charbonnet, Spiller, Abanikanda, Hull
WR: Dell, M. Brown, Smith-Njigba, Downs, Ross, C. Jones, Austin, Palmer
TE: Laporta, McBride, Woods, Turner, Parham
PS:
IR:
'24 Picks: 1.02, 2.12, 3.02, 5.06
'25 Picks: 2nd, (2) 3rds, (2) 4th, 5th

KU Sucks
Captain
Captain

Postby KU Sucks » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:58 pm

If Maclin was still capable of producing at a true #1 wr level; KC would have found another solution to their cap issue. Andy Reid loved the guy.

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:03 pm

KU Sucks wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:58 pm If Maclin was still capable of producing at a true #1 wr level; KC would have found another solution to their cap issue. Andy Reid loved the guy.
There were 4 possible players for KC to cut to fix their cap issue, one of them is the incumbent QB who they need at least this year to bring along their rookie, two of them were multi-year pro bowl edge rushers in a league where getting to the QB is key to most defensive strategies, and the last was Maclin, a WR who AT BEST was the #2 target on the team behind Kelce in an offense that prefers to run the ball and has Tyreek Hill flashing explosiveness all last year

Cutting him had nothing to do with his ability to produce and everything to do with KC's offensive and defensive needs, not to mention that Reid wasn't even consulted about the move, it was as much a surprise to him as it was to Maclin so whether he liked him or not is irrelevant
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:52 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:03 pm
KU Sucks wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:58 pm If Maclin was still capable of producing at a true #1 wr level; KC would have found another solution to their cap issue. Andy Reid loved the guy.
There were 4 possible players for KC to cut to fix their cap issue, one of them is the incumbent QB who they need at least this year to bring along their rookie, two of them were multi-year pro bowl edge rushers in a league where getting to the QB is key to most defensive strategies, and the last was Maclin, a WR who AT BEST was the #2 target on the team behind Kelce in an offense that prefers to run the ball and has Tyreek Hill flashing explosiveness all last year

Cutting him had nothing to do with his ability to produce and everything to do with KC's offensive and defensive needs, not to mention that Reid wasn't even consulted about the move, it was as much a surprise to him as it was to Maclin so whether he liked him or not is irrelevant
This. Plus, word is, he did NOT like it.

KU Sucks
Captain
Captain

Postby KU Sucks » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:08 am

I should have known better than to state a fact, he did not and is no longer able produce at a true #1 wr level. You pick him up and expect top 12 wr #s and see what you get.

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:10 am

KU Sucks wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:08 am I should have known better than to state a fact, he did not and is no longer able produce at a true #1 wr level. You pick him up and expect top 12 wr #s and see what you get.
I'm expecting WR 15-22 numbers, don't think anyone said anything about top 12, in fact the name of the thread says WR2 in the title.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:11 am

KU Sucks wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:08 am I should have known better than to state a fact, he did not and is no longer able produce at a true #1 wr level. You pick him up and expect top 12 wr #s and see what you get.
None of us are expecting top 12 numbers. That would be silly.

I am expecting top 25, with the upside to be top 15 if he stays healthy and plays to his full potential (like in 2015)
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/