I think people are sleeping on Prosise

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: I think people are sleeping on Prosise

Postby ericanadian » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:25 am

I expect Prosise to open the season as the third down back, and with Lacy & Rawls battling for early down work, he seems like the guy with the highest floor, barring injury. I don't expect him to take over early downs this year as the team probably wants to take caution with his workload and has perfectly capable early down guys in Lacy & Rawls. I also think Seattle likes having a bruiser in the early down role, which works against Prosise. If Prosise can hold up for the full season, he may get a 3-down look as soon as next year, but I don't see it happening this year unless both Lacy & Rawls go down.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:50 am

HereForTheComments wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:05 pm
benpickering44 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:00 pm
HereForTheComments wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:11 pm Maybe, but injuries are a real concern for him. Guy is made of glass
because 1 injury means he is made of glass right?
Are you serious? Were you only paying attention to him late in the season? He sustained 3 different injuries to three different parts of his body last year...... alone. He also sustained injuries in college.
A high ankle in college, a sprained wrist and a strained shoulder in the NFL in 2016 are his injuries of note.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:51 am

Goddard wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:02 pm I think people are sleeping on Lacy.
Absolutely. Dirt cheap right now and I've held and bought every chance I've had. Still a believer. That being said, I'vce also scooped up a few shares of Prosise.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

gopackgo
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gopackgo » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:37 am

GridironGuerilla wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:51 am
Goddard wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:02 pm I think people are sleeping on Lacy.
Absolutely. Dirt cheap right now and I've held and bought every chance I've had. Still a believer. That being said, I'vce also scooped up a few shares of Prosise.
What are you paying for Lacy?
10 Team non-SF PPR
QB - FIELDS
RB - BIJAN Javonte DVaughn
RB - GIBBS JCook
RB/WR - JT
WR - LONDON Pittman QJ Elijah Nico Tank RWoods MWilson Palmer DParker McKenzie
WR - JSN Flowers Doubs Reed Gallup VJefferson Thornton TMarshall MHollins JLandry
WR/TE - RIDLEY
TE - McBRIDE Fant Otton Hill Schoonmaker Washington
'24 Picks: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,5,5
'25 Picks: 1,2,2,3,4,5

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:02 am

I payed a 2018 2nd for Lacy, likely late. To some that may not be cheap, but considering he was a top 5 dynasty startup asset just a couple of years ago and what I think he's going to do in Seattle, it was a steal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... e-cash-cow

I also payed a 2107 first for Prosise and a 2018 1st in one league and a mid 2017 2nd for him in another.

-Booger McFarlland

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:51 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:50 am
benpickering44 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:00 pm

because 1 injury means he is made of glass right?
Are you serious? Were you only paying attention to him late in the season? He sustained 3 different injuries to three different parts of his body last year...... alone. He also sustained injuries in college.
A high ankle in college, a sprained wrist and a strained shoulder in the NFL in 2016 are his injuries of note.
He also had a hammy issue early last season and a concussion in college.
Team 1: 10th Year: 10 Team, PPR
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion, 2017: 7th, 2018: 3rd, 2019: 5th, 2020: League Champion, 2021: 4th, 2022: 5th

QB: Aaron Rodgers Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy
RB: Tony Pollard, Cam Akers, Ezekiel Elliott, Javonte Williams, Kyren Williams, Chuba Hubbard
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen Lazard , Michael Gallup, Donavan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Boyd, Romeo Doubs, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, VDS
TE: Dalton Shultz, Mike Gesicki

2019 picks: 1.1, 2.3, 3.5
2024 picks:
Round 1: (1)
Round 2: (1)
Round 3: (1)

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:11 pm

x10 or wherever we are that Lacy is the back to own - I think he becomes beastmode 2.0.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:47 pm

HereForTheComments wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:51 pm

Yeah I left the hammy out becasue it was in training camp and the concussion because It's a concussion. It was the injuries that might be a cause concern in context I was pointing out.

-Booger McFarlland

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:33 pm

a
Last edited by HereForTheComments on Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion, 2017: 7th, 2018: 3rd, 2019: 5th, 2020: League Champion, 2021: 4th, 2022: 5th

RB: Tony Pollard, Cam Akers, Ezekiel Elliott, Javonte Williams, Kyren Williams, Chuba Hubbard
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen Lazard , Michael Gallup, Donavan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Boyd, Romeo Doubs, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, VDS

2024 picks:

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:33 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:47 pm

Yeah I left the hammy out becasue it was in training camp and the concussion because It's a concussion. It was the injuries that might be a cause concern in context I was pointing out.
First, it really shouldn't matter "when" a player is injured. It is an injury and it happened during normal football activities. This should be especially true when we are speaking about a soft tissue injury.

Second, concussions are not something to blow off as a nothing injury. Each concussion increases your chances for another. Plus, this just adds in to the many other injuries that he has sustained throughout his short career (remember, he wasn't a full time running back until his 2015 season with Notre Dame).

Lastly, I am not sure if you are trying to make a point of saying he isn't injury prone or if you are piggy backing off of my point that the guy appears to be made of glass. I don't want to assume one or the other, so know that my intentions are not to "argue"/debate with you. I am just debunking the initial person who commented trying to claim Prosise "only had one injury" and he doesn't deserve the "Mr. Glass" label. Sustaining 5 injuries during your first 2 years as a running back is reason for concern regarding a players reliability to stay on the field.

2024 picks:

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:37 pm

I feel the same way about him as I do Kamara in that somebody is almost guaranteed to draft these types before I am comfortable snagging them (in rookie drafts). Happened in all of them last year and will again happen with Kamara. I don't doubt that he will have some ppr value and moments in Seattle this year, but agree with Lacy being the guy I would take on the cheap.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:48 pm

HereForTheComments wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:33 pm

First, it really shouldn't matter "when" a player is injured. It is an injury and it happened during normal football activities. This should be especially true when we are speaking about a soft tissue injury.

Second, concussions are not something to blow off as a nothing injury. Each concussion increases your chances for another. Plus, this just adds in to the many other injuries that he has sustained throughout his short career (remember, he wasn't a full time running back until his 2015 season with Notre Dame).

Lastly, I am not sure if you are trying to make a point of saying he isn't injury prone or if you are piggy backing off of my point that the guy appears to be made of glass. I don't want to assume one or the other, so know that my intentions are not to "argue"/debate with you. I am just debunking the initial person who commented trying to claim Prosise "only had one injury" and he doesn't deserve the "Mr. Glass" label. Sustaining 5 injuries during your first 2 years as a running back is reason for concern regarding a players reliability to stay on the field.
No, I'm not arguing at all, especially when I am genuinely concerned about his ability to stay on the field. Just engaging in a conversation and thought I'd point out the injuries specifically that were mentioned by you as "3 different injuries to three different parts of his body last year". That's all. I'm totally with you, I just didn't add those two other "injuries" because they weren't mentioned and I felt that a tweaked hammy coming off of the off season and a single concussion in college weren't as relevant when discussing injury concern as the others.

-Booger McFarlland

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:00 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:48 pm
HereForTheComments wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:33 pm

No, I'm not arguing at all, especially when I am genuinely concerned about his ability to stay on the field. Just engaging in a conversation and thought I'd point out the injuries specifically that were mentioned by you as "3 different injuries to three different parts of his body last year". That's all. I'm totally with you, I just didn't add those two other "injuries" because they weren't mentioned and I felt that a tweaked hammy coming off of the off season and a single concussion in college weren't as relevant when discussing injury concern as the others.
Fair enough... hard to tell on forums, sometimes, if someone is agreeing or not lol

I actually own Prosise and I want to hold onto hope, but I'm learning to not allow my hope distort reality. I have gotten my self in trouble many times over the years.

2024 picks:

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:25 pm

Same with me. I'd really like to see him succeed. I've got him where I can without overpaying as I wasn't able to acquire him with the picks I had last year. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

-Booger McFarlland

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:07 am

Not sure people are sleeping on him? I think he is the most expensive RB in SEA backfield right now so I think at that cost I would rather buy Lacy or even Rawls as much as I was never a buyer on Rawls at his previous cost
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams