I think people are sleeping on Prosise

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Re: I think people are sleeping on Prosise

Postby StableOfRBs » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:14 am

heyfeefellskee wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:40 am I, too, am on team prosise. Call me crazy, but I think a back with receiving chops playing with a mobile QB behind a below average o-line means he will see a lot of dump-offs.

That being said, I do not believe people are sleeping on him and he is currently being valued correctly (which could be seen as overvalued) by the community--I am *not* trying to acquire him, as the price is simply too high for my liking. I'll go after Lacy where I can, but I'm looking for a late 2nd/early 3rd price tag. I'm willing to wait on CJ.
Actually historically mobile QBs dump off the ball to RBs less because they're more likely to just tuck and run with it themselves, also I feel like having a poor OL would benefit someone like Lacy more than Prosise because he's bigger and a better pass blocker
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:56 am

heyfeefellskee wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:40 am I, too, am on team prosise. Call me crazy, but I think a back with receiving chops playing with a mobile QB behind a below average o-line means he will see a lot of dump-offs.
Sounds a lot like the Panthers situation also.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:10 am

StableOfRBs wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:14 am

That being said, I do not believe people are sleeping on him and he is currently being valued correctly (which could be seen as overvalued) by the community--I am *not* trying to acquire him, as the price is simply too high for my liking. I'll go after Lacy where I can, but I'm looking for a late 2nd/early 3rd price tag. I'm willing to wait on CJ.
Actually historically mobile QBs dump off the ball to RBs less because they're more likely to just tuck and run with it themselves, also I feel like having a poor OL would benefit someone like Lacy more than Prosise because he's bigger and a better pass blocker
Plus, if the QB is scrambling, chances are something is opening up downfield.

ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajmyk » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:33 pm

There is always expectations from QB's that don't usually dump off will start dumping off if they get the right kind of receiver or start throwing deep if they get the right kind of deep threat, or that they will hand off the ball more if they get a RB.

It could happen, but I think I prefer to consider it a legitimate risk that Wilson and Newton don't change their habits that to bet on an assumption they will.
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:24 am

ajmyk wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:33 pm There is always expectations from QB's that don't usually dump off will start dumping off if they get the right kind of receiver or start throwing deep if they get the right kind of deep threat, or that they will hand off the ball more if they get a RB.

It could happen, but I think I prefer to consider it a legitimate risk that Wilson and Newton don't change their habits that to bet on an assumption they will.
I agree with this. I don't think Wilson will be checking it down a ton to Prosise as he's always had good awareness of running lanes opening up and getting out of bounds or sliding to avoid big hits. As for Newton, the coaches may want him to run less after the concussions and injuries the last couple of seasons, but he still will, and when he doesn't, his accuracy is iffy at best for these kind of throws.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:49 pm

i think people are underestimating the power of money and the SEA culture. I think fat lacy will be fine and hold on his value. my worries are about his ankle.

I do like procise but not as a three-down back.

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:49 am

Goirish374 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:33 pm
Sterling Archer wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:13 am It was a redundant thread - he's already got threads open. Post your fanboy crap in one of those.

It was a stupid thread, too. No one wants a fanboy public awareness announcement predicated on an extremely injury prone player somehow staying healthy. I'd say the odds of Eddie Lacy staying under 250 lbs are better than the odds of Prosise playing 16 games. And Seattle has some good "China food".
What a needless, ridiculous post.

This kind of antagonistic, inflammatory aggression is the kind of thing the DLF Forum has been fortunate enough to be relatively free of for some time. It's too bad to see it here, trying to turn this into reddit.

The OP is exactly the kind of post that has driven discussion--later proven right or wrong--on a multitude of players for some time.

I hope you keep posting your thoughts without regard for this type of feedback, Skulls. The history of the forum is one of bettering the community by doing exactly that.
Um, did you not read the original post? Pretty much the definition of needless, ridiculous post. I'll paraphrase for brevity but it said nothing other than "I personally think he's better than Lacy. I know he gets hurt a lot, but if he stays healthy, I think he's going to beast."
Take much hot, wow, so deep, such knowledge /reddit reference

I'm all for some thought provoking questions or some in depth analysis, but starting a new thread to just throw out an opinion without any logic or analysis provides nothing but clutter. If someone wants to generate some discussion with that kind of post, what's wrong with writing exactly that inside an existing thread? How many Prosise threads are necessary? Surely the law of diminishing returns kicks in pretty early.

That's all I was saying. Fanboy hype should be limited to bumping existing threads. Drop some actual analysis, statistics, or logic if you're going to start a new thread (but even then, what's wrong with using an existing thread??). Since you mention reddit, I don't reddit because it seems like a bunch of disorganized nonsense. Flippantly starting new threads - without any actual information - every time someone has a thought about someone on their squad is heading in that direction.

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:52 am

ImaRounder wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:49 pm i think people are underestimating the power of money and the SEA culture. I think fat lacy will be fine and hold on his value. my worries are about his ankle.

I do like procise but not as a three-down back.
Plus, there was the latest blurb that said Lacy and Rawls are expected to split the load. So it sounds like Prosise is clearly 3rd in line for every down work.

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:58 am

Sterling Archer wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:49 amUm, did you not read the original post?
yup. no issues with it.
looks like many others have no issue with it as well.
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gausec » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:51 pm

I'm split on this topic, if I was trying to acquire one of the Seattle backs I would go CJ in terms of value (cheaper). It would also depend on the league, if PPR another reason to pick CJ. Furthermore, I do not believe Lacy is the answer for me if the guy can't stay underwieght he does not want it. So maybe I am not as split as I thought however I think Seattle will favor Lacy/Rawls in the running department more than Cj, but bring him in for catches.
12 team, 1PPR: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex
QB: Brees, Smith, Bortles,
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Buck Allen, Duke, Burkehead, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, C. Grant, Blount
WR: Hilton, Thielen, G. Tate, Edelman, Fuller, Cobb, R. Matthews, C. Meredith, Ginn, Amendola, Pryor, Hurns, J. Matthews
TE: Kittle, Eifert, Brate, McDonald, J. James
IR: K. Dixon, Jermey Hill

2019 Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th
2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:17 pm

The one league I own him in I offers Prosise, Fat Rob and a 2nd for Wentz and was told what do I want with 2 junk RBs? So I was just assuming most are down on him from that.

Skulls
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Skulls » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:36 pm

Thanks to all that have replied. I know his value is all over the place.. and again, Thank you Goirish for understanding the point of the thread and the reason for these boards. All I was trying to say is that I think Prosise will do better than the masses think he will. That was the only reason for making the post. Archer seems to have a problem with the thread, but he does seem to be the ony one..to me Prosise just looks very instinctual running the ball, he catches the ball very well. I do think if Lacy starts slow, Prosise can steal that job, and of course he can only do that if healthy, just as with any other back...he is 220 lbs, so I think he can carry the load, even though I will admit that so far he has not proven that to be the case, no doubt about that.
12 team dynasty 26 man roster .5 PPR RB. 1.0 PPR wr. 1.5ppr TE..6 pts. all tds.
Start 1 QB..2-3 RBS 2-4 WRS.. 1-2 TES

http://football20.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... L=10388&O=
QB Matt Ryan Patrick Mahommes
RB Bell, Fournette, Aaron Jones, James Connor, Mcguire, Prosise, Josh Adams
WR Julio, JuJu Schuster, Marvin Jones, Josh Gordon,Stills, Antonio Callaway, D.J. CharkJosh MaloneBraxton Miller, 3 Packer rookies
TE Ertz, Ben Watson, Higbee
Def Jax Houston
K Gould

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:26 am

Goirish374 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:58 am
Sterling Archer wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:49 amUm, did you not read the original post?
yup. no issues with it.
looks like many others have no issue with it as well.
Just like a "who do I start" thread - it is relatively benign as a single instance, but if others were to start creating new threads every time they have a "thought they need to get off their chest" without a lick of analysis to back it up, the forum would become a mess, cluttered with useless hot takes. For instance, following the OP's logic behind starting this thread, instead of replying to his existing thread, I could've started a new thread titled "I think people are overhyping Prosise" with nothing more inside than my opinion that I don't like the way he looks when he runs. That would be an equally worthless thread.

I maintain that posting to an existing thread (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=135017) on the player is still the best process and that at least some attempt at logic or analysis (anything beyond an eyeball test :roll:) would make it possibly worth reading.

Brig
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Brig » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:23 pm

The Beating of a Dead Horse.........

I started out as a Rawls owner.....and drafted Alex Collins last year....and have traded for Eddie Lacy and Procise in a series of moves this year. Its safe to say I have the handcuff. Rawls and Lacy will obviously handle the early down work and Procise is the 3rd down back with Collins the bubble guy with huge questions marks. Now once week one rolls around unless Rawls or Lacy get hurt I don't think I can safely start either of them as they will eat into each others carries. I fully expect one of them to be injured by week 5 or 6 and then I can play the other guy and reap the rewards.
Rodgers Winston Goff
Zeke, Fournette, Ingram, Dobbins, Swift
K Allen, Godwin, Sutton, Chark, Sterling Shepard, Corey Davis, AJ Brown, Arcega Whiteside, Shenault
Kittle, Dallas Goedert, Jared Cook, Jonnu Smith,