Carlos Hyde Value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
cp3
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Carlos Hyde Value

Postby cp3 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:39 am

And every box score scout like yourself was out there claiming it was a terrible fit. Feel free to show me some actual analysis that he's a bad fit and I'll change my tune.

Truth is - you have NO idea what Shanny wants out of his RB's, none. And you have no idea how they view their RB situation behind closed doors.

Come with some actual data, besides the tired argument that "Shanahan pounded the table" to draft Williams. Williams doesn't do anything discernibly better than Hyde.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:41 am

cp3 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:39 am And every box score scout like yourself was out there claiming it was a terrible fit. Feel free to show me some actual analysis that he's a bad fit and I'll change my tune.

Truth is - you have NO idea what Shanny wants out of his RB's, none. And you have no idea how they view their RB situation behind closed doors.

Come with some actual data, besides the tired argument that "Shanahan pounded the table" to draft Williams. Williams doesn't do anything discernibly better than Hyde.
And that's why you have shown you are a waste of time, at best. Surf the web and get over yourself, you can learn a few things.

cp3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cp3 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:44 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:41 am
cp3 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:39 am And every box score scout like yourself was out there claiming it was a terrible fit. Feel free to show me some actual analysis that he's a bad fit and I'll change my tune.

And that's why you have shown you are a waste of time, at best. Surf the web and get over yourself, you can learn a few things.
So still no actual data?

Just "Hyde is a bad fit".

Stuff like this gets thrown around way too often with no actual data or analysis to back it up. Good luck in your endeavors.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:25 pm

I sold Hyde and my 2018 3rd for a 2018 1st, should be in the 1.02-1.06 range.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:08 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:57 am
DTMW78 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:46 am Well I Just got him and Jerell Freeman for a 2nd and a 5th.
The picks will likely be late as I won the whole thing last year.
I already picked up J Williams in the draft and we score 2pts per tackle so Freeman should give my LB core a boost.
Thoughts on the deal?
I like that a lot. I value Hyde as the 1.06, as I'd rather have him than Dalvin Cook.
This ^^^ for me as well. Very good deal and I also have Hyde around 1.06 range. I think people are over-reacting to the Joe Williams thing. If anything, it might be to light a fire under Hyde, but I guess we will see soon enough.
12 TEAM PPR 1QB 1/3RB 1/3WR 1TE 2FLEX 1D 1K

Team 1: 8-5-2019 Champs 8-5-2020 Champs 11-3-2021 Champs
QBs: D.Carr, C.Wentz
RBs: J.Taylor, A.Jones, J.Mixon, B.Robinson
WRs: T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, K.Allen, J.Jones, K.Golladay
TEs: T.Kelce, P.Freiermuth

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 10-3-Championship 2021: 12-2-Runner Up
QBs: J.Allen, Winston, Trubisky
RBs: Ekeler, J.Williams, M.Gordon, J.Jacobs, I.Spiller
WRs: C.Kupp, T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, D.Mooney, N.Collins, M.Hardman
TEs: D.Waller, D.Schultz, Albert O

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 9-4

QBs: Mahomes, J.Allen, J.Love, Trubisky
RBs: A.Jones, M.Gordon, McKissic, K.Vaughn, B.Snell
WRs: J.Jefferson, T.McLaurin, K.Golladay, M.Pittman,T.Patrick
TEs: M.Andrews,D.Schultz

2019: 9 championships
2020: 7 championships-including 2 DLF Series Championships
2021: 9 championships-including 3 DLF Series Championships

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:26 pm

If I'm buying a running back I look at it like buying a car. Hyde isn't in a situation to succeed this year, even if he maintains the lead back role that team is rebuilding and Hyde sees stacked boxes. I was going to hesitate to compare this to Shanahan's 2014 as Cleveland Browns Offensive Coordinator but hell, he's the one who brought in Brian Hoyer. Unless he finishes as a top 6-8 back, his ADP won't climb much, keeping in mind his age will probably drop. So like, I would be selling if I still owned any shares. I think his value is still propped up by his draft position a few years ago and that you can buy similar production for a cheaper price if you shop around.

DynastyDrum30
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDrum30 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:35 pm

Chris_R wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:55 am His age is the biggest thing against him, as normally I'd wait until he hits FA but he'll be 27 this year as it is, he was an old rookie. 4.6 ypc last year, 27 catches, 1151 total yards, 9 TDs in 13 games. Maybe his volume won't be the same this year until he finds a new team but his production was good. But I'm only buying for a late 2nd at most, early 3rd from a team who want a to get rid of him.
Hyde will be 26 this year. Born Sept of 1991.
10 man league; .5 PPR; .5 TE Premium
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/Team D) - 28 Man Rosters

Roster Highlights:

QB: Burrow, Purdy, Love

RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, Z. Charbonnet, AJ Dillon, Penny, D. Foreman, T Allgier, Z. White, E. Hull

WR: Chase, Lamb, Olave, T. Higgins, Diontae, Chark

TE: LaPorta, Pitts, Goedert, Schoonmaker

Picks:
2024: 4.06
2025: None

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:36 pm

themburns wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:26 pm If I'm buying a running back I look at it like buying a car. Hyde isn't in a situation to succeed this year, even if he maintains the lead back role that team is rebuilding and Hyde sees stacked boxes. I was going to hesitate to compare this to Shanahan's 2014 as Cleveland Browns Offensive Coordinator but hell, he's the one who brought in Brian Hoyer.
Wait, was San Francisco good last year? Because Hyde put up pretty solid fantasy numbers when he played on that dumpster fire of a team.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Overachiever77
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Overachiever77 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:49 pm

I think he meant that he remembers when Freeman wasn't a fit in Shanahan's system?
Space Cowboy wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:31 am
cp3 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:29 am
Space Cowboy wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:38 am He is a horrendus fit for what Kyle Shanahan wants out of his RBs.
I'm old enough to remember when Tevin Coleman wasn't a "scheme fit" for what Kyle Shanahan wanted to do either.

Get outta here with this bogus argument.
Old enough to take off the bib too?

Coleman was hand picked by Shanahan.
10 team, .5 PPR dynasty, 25 man roster plus 5 rookie/2nd year taxi
Start 1QB, 2RB, 2,WR, 1TE, 1 RB/WR/TE flex, 1K, 1DST

QB: Watson, Tua, Stafford, Richardson
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Chubb, Dobbins, Swift, Stevenson, Gibbs, Pacheco, Charbs
WR: AJB, Evans, Chase, E. Moore, McLaurin, Jeudy, JSN, Metchie, A. Pierce, Doubs
TE: Andrews, Pitts, Goedart, Ertz, Likely
K: Koo
D/ST: BAL, MIA, LV
2024: 1,2, 2, 3, 3,4,4

themburns
Starter
Starter

Postby themburns » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:57 pm

Vcize wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:36 pm
themburns wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:26 pm If I'm buying a running back I look at it like buying a car. Hyde isn't in a situation to succeed this year, even if he maintains the lead back role that team is rebuilding and Hyde sees stacked boxes. I was going to hesitate to compare this to Shanahan's 2014 as Cleveland Browns Offensive Coordinator but hell, he's the one who brought in Brian Hoyer.
Wait, was San Francisco good last year? Because Hyde put up pretty solid fantasy numbers when he played on that dumpster fire of a team.
Hyde should send Chip Kelly a basket of muffins. Offensive was practically designed to open lanes for him, especially with Kaepernick starting, who is better than any QB the 49ers currently have on their roster.

He's going to put up solid fantasy points again, but he's still going in the 4-5th round of startups, which is where he was going three years ago and he's not had an RB1 season. I'd rather have 10 or so rookies at this point over Hyde. This time of year, it's not hard to find production. I don't want a tweener like Hyde who's not good enough to make a meaningful difference to a title push but is priced like he will. Give me backs around his ADP Crowell, Coleman, Murray for sure over Hyde on a team of any composition.

drbuttermaker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby drbuttermaker » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:30 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:38 am He is a horrendus fit for what Kyle Shanahan wants out of his RBs.
As the kids say, "so much this".

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:21 am

I think he could be a buy low in the right situation. I prefer Cook and probably would not pay more than 1.08.

I actually traded for him swapping Lacy but then turned around and sold him and Pryor for Jordan Howard.
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:50 am

I've been buying Hyde since January. He's starting to get insanely cheap all of a sudden too because people think a 4th round rookie is apparently the Lord and Savior himself. Typical rookie fever. I weep for you poor souls. Have fun picking top 5 again next season.

Carlos Hyde is the only good thing the 49ers have. He's consistently at the top of all the RB metrics that measure elusiveness and efficiency despite being on a god awful team. And for those tape lovers, if you actually watch the 49ers, which nobody does, he has excellent film as well. Add on the fact that it's a contract year and players magically stay healthy during these seasons, wheels up in my opinion. Don't care about his 2018 situation, deal with that later.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:17 pm

Even though his fit in Shanahan's offense is skeptical, he's a solid buy-low while the noise about Joe Williams gets louder.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:30 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:17 pm Even though his fit in Shanahan's offense is skeptical, he's a solid buy-low while the noise about Joe Williams gets louder.
This for me. Hyde's issue isn't talent/ability, it's health. Of course now all this noise about Hyde not fitting in Shanahan's system and the upcoming take over by Joe Williams has only depressed his value further. I think his price is probably low enough now that he could work in a RBBC this year and you still wouldn't lose much of anything by buying him. He'll be going on 27 when he hits FA next Spring, and even though that's not a young age it's really not old either. Especially since Hyde has had a pretty light workload. So either way, at worst I think Hyde is the lead half of a committee with long term upside depending on where he lands next year.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U