Enunwa Value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
SteveVolk
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Enunwa Value

Postby SteveVolk » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:26 am

I like Enunwa, own him in two leagues, and think he has real talent. I don't claim to foresee what he can accomplish in the Jets dumpster fire, but I'm holding him and thinking more in terms of using him to fill in for bye weeks, injuries, etc, as probably the 5 or 6 guy on my roster.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:06 pm

Chris_R wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:07 amIt's not "just because volume". He put up 900 yards already. This isn't a guy with zero production and everyone is completely guessing. It's a far bigger stretch to assume he'll get 600 yards with all those additional targets then it is to assume he can get an extra 130 yards with more looks.
I'm aware of Enunwa and what he's done. I didn't say he was going for 600 yards, but agree that with the expected increase in targets that dropping to that degree would be a bigger surprise. I did say that an expectation of 1K yards seems a little optimistic for me, and instead i expect him back in and around where he was this season. I will be very happy if he takes the next step and proves me wrong, I just have worries having such a high expectation simply because of some additional volume, but discounting everything else that will be changing and negatively affecting him at the same time.
HereForTheComments wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:27 am
FiremanEd wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:44 am Your reference ignore Brandon Marshall and/or Eric Decker can Enunwa. I like Enunwa, but there is a difference. There is also a difference with Fitz vs Petty/Hackenberg. If McCown stays healthy perhaps.

I'm also not saying Enunwa isn't worth a second, I'm saying the production value is optimistic. A 2nd is fine and a push to see what happens. But I'm pessimistic on the 1K 'just because volume'.
Glad half empty vs glass half full...

I think you are focusing on the 1k yards and ignoring the fact that almost everyone has stated he is worth only a 2nd round pick. If you agree buying him for a 2nd is "fine", then you basically agree with what most are saying. The question that was posed had to do with his value...
I am 'basically' agreeing with what most are saying in the 2nd round pick value, though the variance between 2.01 and 2.12 is one worth taking into account the production and expectations. The question that was posed was value and other thoughts. I'm not the only other person talking about yardage and expectations beyond just generic '2nd round value' comments and am not necessarily looking for a debate on why i'm wrong and others are right, I am just saying what my expectation is similar to others. People can take it or leave it, and we can all hope he exceeds it. Not sure why you're implying that I'm off topic or something by not aligning to the masses...

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:11 pm

He's big, strong, reliable hands, can high point the ball pretty well and shows some nice open field ability. I'm not worried in the slightest about their other issues. Every year there are FF starters bordering on stars on horrible teams.

TheDogPound
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheDogPound » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:31 pm

I am buying his stock, I am not sure at what cost but I am definitely spending a mid round pick on him. His arrow is trending upward. Wr3 with Wr2 upside.

I think he'll be a great depth asset.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:36 pm

Any Enunwa owners that can sell him for a mid-2 or so, and don't, are likely making a mistake.

I cannot understate the dumpster fire the Jets fantasy offense is likely to be this season. It'd be one thing if Enunwa were some sort of high-pedigree talent that we could reasonably bet on to perform regardless of his situation; but he's not, and so we can't. Not rationally, anyway. Enunwa checks most of the metric boxes, but there's a reason he was a late Day 3 pick. He isn't bad, he's just... not special. He has some fundamental flaws, namely poor ball-skills and stiff hips.

The Jets haven't made Enunwa their #1 receiver (seemingly) because they have big plans for him; it's more indicative of how the Jets have already thrown in the towel for 2017. They are blatantly on a quest for the 1.1, perhaps Josh Rosen.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Knox Steel Curtain
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Knox Steel Curtain » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:38 am

Robby Anderson is just as likely to be the number one and is basically free. Anderson was just as solid in less work than Enunwa. Both Chad Johnson and Brandon Marshall see big things in Anderson. Anderson is the Jets receiver to own IMO.

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:43 am

Knox Steel Curtain wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:38 am Robby Anderson is just as likely to be the number one and is basically free. Anderson was just as solid in less work than Enunwa. Both Chad Johnson and Brandon Marshall see big things in Anderson. Anderson is the Jets receiver to own IMO.
Only issue with this is his arrest in May which could mean a pending suspension
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:29 pm

Knox Steel Curtain wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:38 am Robby Anderson is just as likely to be the number one and is basically free. Anderson was just as solid in less work than Enunwa. Both Chad Johnson and Brandon Marshall see big things in Anderson. Anderson is the Jets receiver to own IMO.
Statistically, yes, Robby A was comparable to Enunwa.

But in terms of talent and ability, Enunwa is far superior. He has the athleticism and traits to be a team's long term WR2. Anderson's ceiling is Marvin Jones
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Knox Steel Curtain
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Knox Steel Curtain » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:29 pm

Any suspension would be in 2018 with timing of everything. He is good to go this year.

Cadmus
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Cadmus » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:41 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:29 pm But in terms of talent and ability, Enunwa is far superior. He has the athleticism and traits to be a team's long term WR2. Anderson's ceiling is Marvin Jones
Sure.

You're talking about Quincy Enunwa, a player that had a success rate vs. man coverage that was in the 17th percentile among NFL WRs (that were charted) as the far superior talent? How much of that was against #1 CBs in 2016? Calling Enunwa a below average route runner would be a generous assessment. He's very stiff.

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:02 pm

With regard to the dumpster fire that is the Jets offense this coming year and their perceived race to the bottom in order to land one of the franchise level QBs, wouldn't that make him a bit of an easy purchase decision at a future 2nd price if you believe in his talent (at least as a WR2/3 in fantasy terms)? I don't know what picks the Jets are sitting on outside of their own, but if they haven't acquired any extra early draft capital, spending an early 1st on a QB means they probably won't be in a position to draft a high caliber WR after, correct?

I'm not even sure why his name and this thread came to mind, but it seemed a lot of the negative aspect of his value came based solely on this upcoming season. I can think of only one 2nd round rookie from this year that's "guaranteed" an early role in his new offense (Z Jones), so having to wait another year for true relevance seems par for the course with a 2nd round rookie pick. And you're going to get Flex level points out of him this year, so a future 2nd to me feels like a buy everywhere you can.

Anywho, I'm off for my nightly shot of Ny-quil, hopefully this nastiness is on its way out finally

gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gausec » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:56 pm

I think Quincy is talented, however having to face a number one corner may limit his production. I know many will say he's the only WR in NY so he's worth getting. I think NY will be trying to get their younger WR's involved, its clear they are rebuilding/tanking. Depending on my team situation I would sell if I am rebuilding. If I can afford the risk I would wait a few games until his value is lower and make a trade, I think he will become a WR2 on another team.

So value to me would be 2.6 and on up.
12 team, 1PPR: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex
QB: Brees, Smith, Bortles,
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Buck Allen, Duke, Burkehead, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, C. Grant, Blount
WR: Hilton, Thielen, G. Tate, Edelman, Fuller, Cobb, R. Matthews, C. Meredith, Ginn, Amendola, Pryor, Hurns, J. Matthews
TE: Kittle, Eifert, Brate, McDonald, J. James
IR: K. Dixon, Jermey Hill

2019 Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th
2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:14 pm

Current value?
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:04 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:14 pm Current value?
Can't imagine it's changed all that much, Anderson wasn't really eating into his workload to begin with and even with Anderson starting and playing all 16 games this year there was still room for a second guy in the offense.

2016 Enunwa: 105 targets, 58 catches, 857 yards, 4 TDs
2017 Kearse: 102 targets, 65 catches, 810 yards, 5 TDs

Enunwa doesn't have WR1 upside but he never really did, there are just too many question marks for him going into the offseason.

-how well he's recovered from his surgery and if it could be a recurring issue
-big ? for the run game (both who the RB is and the OL itself) and whether opposing defenses will respect it
-change at OC means no clue what the offense will look like, could be more passing volume, could be less, no idea right now
-Jets could try to go after a big name WR in the draft or FA to beef up WR corps and bring in someone who will actually eat into Enunwa's target share
-big ? at QB, whether they pursue someone like Keenum/Cousins in FA or try to draft one high, either way no telling what they have under center yet

Should still be valued as a receiver with a ceiling of mid WR2 and I don't think anyone should pay more than what they would for any other WR2. For me that means there's no way I'm parting with a first and probably not anything in the 2.01-2.04 range in a 12 team or deeper league. Could easily draft/trade for another receiver who is just as unproven as Enunwa but with less questions and more upside, Anderson possibly not being there for any amount of time doesn't really change that for me.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:58 pm

TheRookiePro wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:14 pm Current value?
In a vacuum, I would pay any 3rd and probably as much as a late 2nd if I really needed WR depth
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)