Eric Decker

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Eric Decker

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:26 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:17 pm
dlf_jaronf wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:15 pm New Orleans?
Don't burst my bubble. I want to dream about Minny for a little bit longer.

What about New England though? Seriously.

Edelman and Decker outside, Cooks at slot, and Gronk at TE. What the hell man.
Terrible for fantasy but fun for Beantown
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:17 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:21 pm

Doubtful. NE is already stacked at WR with Cooks, Hogan, Edelman, and Mitchell.
True. I think they are good at WR; but BB has made several WTF moves that always seem to work out. I'm far from a NE fan, but Brady to Decker does have a nice sound to it.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:20 pm

Man I am working myself up to trading for Decker. What the hell.

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:16 am

First of all, this will never happen. Second, Edelman is the slot guy. Third, I doubt they are giving up on Mitchell. He showed NFL ability last year as a rookie. I'm sure they are looking forward to getting him some more snaps this year.

There are only a few places Decker could go that would be good for his fantasy value. Baltimore is far and away #1 with the targets left on the table by Smith and Pitta. Carolina could use a guy like Decker, but for some reason I just don't see this happening. SF has a ton of cap space and only Garcon who had been meh his whole career until last year (even his huge year was entirely volume dependent). Hoyer isn't a great NFL QB, but he can support a fantasy WR in PPR format. KC would be a good fit given Smith's tendencies, but also I don't see that happening.

Trading for Decker is really risky right now. I like the guy, but if he doesn't end up in one of the above situations, his upside is really limited. But if he does end up in Baltimore, I could see a repeat of 2015 (WR1). Wallace is good, Perriman is an unknown, but both are outside guys. Flacco needs a reliable intermediate target. Pitta (121 targets) and Smith (101 targets) supplied that last year. It only took Decker 15 games and 132 targets (from the mediocre Fitzpatrick) to be a WR1 in 2015.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:23 am

Sterling Archer wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:16 am It only took Decker 15 games and 132 targets (from the mediocre Fitzpatrick) to be a WR1 in 2015.
And a high touchdown volume from the "mediocre Fitzpatrick" who threw almost ONLY to Marshall and Decker, especially in the red zone. Fitzpatrick isn't great, but he was great for the fantasy values of Decker and Marshall.

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:18 am

Sterling Archer wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:16 am

First of all, this will never happen. Second, Edelman is the slot guy. Third, I doubt they are giving up on Mitchell. He showed NFL ability last year as a rookie. I'm sure they are looking forward to getting him some more snaps this year.

There are only a few places Decker could go that would be good for his fantasy value. Baltimore is far and away #1 with the targets left on the table by Smith and Pitta. Carolina could use a guy like Decker, but for some reason I just don't see this happening. SF has a ton of cap space and only Garcon who had been meh his whole career until last year (even his huge year was entirely volume dependent). Hoyer isn't a great NFL QB, but he can support a fantasy WR in PPR format. KC would be a good fit given Smith's tendencies, but also I don't see that happening.

Trading for Decker is really risky right now. I like the guy, but if he doesn't end up in one of the above situations, his upside is really limited. But if he does end up in Baltimore, I could see a repeat of 2015 (WR1). Wallace is good, Perriman is an unknown, but both are outside guys. Flacco needs a reliable intermediate target. Pitta (121 targets) and Smith (101 targets) supplied that last year. It only took Decker 15 games and 132 targets (from the mediocre Fitzpatrick) to be a WR1 in 2015.
Which is exactly why you trade now for him if you can. The price will go up later if he lands in a perceived good location and really wherever he lands he should be pretty good. If you like him then now is the time to go get him. The price break for the seller will not be that drastic regardless of where he lands. Buyer's eyes might be different however as a seller he has always been a number two WR on the Jets (not the best location) and should be that or have a ceiling of that no matter where he ends up. Injury risk would be the ploy I would use to get a price down which really is a valid concern.

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:51 pm

Valhalla wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:23 am
Sterling Archer wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:16 am It only took Decker 15 games and 132 targets (from the mediocre Fitzpatrick) to be a WR1 in 2015.
And a high touchdown volume from the "mediocre Fitzpatrick" who threw almost ONLY to Marshall and Decker, especially in the red zone. Fitzpatrick isn't great, but he was great for the fantasy values of Decker and Marshall.
You can't deny Fitzpatrick is a pretty mediocre QB. He's had his moments and I like his spirit, but 132 Rodgers/Rivers targets would be much better than 132 Fitzpatrick targets. You can't honestly believe Decker wouldn't have put up more fantasy points if he'd gotten 132 targets from Rodgers, can you? So maybe you should approach this from a different angle... Marshall and Decker were great for the fantasy value of Fitzpatrick.

As for "ONLY" throwing to Decker or Marshall... targets are targets. Decker got 132. If Fitzpatrick threw the ball 132 times or 800 times, Decker still got 132, so I don't see your point.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:15 pm

Doubt it will happen, but Decker across from Maclin would be great.

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:36 pm

thebeast wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:15 pm Doubt it will happen, but Decker across from Maclin would be great.
Not sure I would want to buy any Raven WR if this happened. Flacco would be someone who's value would rise.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:36 am

New Orleans would have the potential to be awesome.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:38 am

Sterling Archer wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:51 pm
You can't deny Fitzpatrick is a pretty mediocre QB. He's had his moments and I like his spirit, but 132 Rodgers/Rivers targets would be much better than 132 Fitzpatrick targets. You can't honestly believe Decker wouldn't have put up more fantasy points if he'd gotten 132 targets from Rodgers, can you? So maybe you should approach this from a different angle... Marshall and Decker were great for the fantasy value of Fitzpatrick.

As for "ONLY" throwing to Decker or Marshall... targets are targets. Decker got 132. If Fitzpatrick threw the ball 132 times or 800 times, Decker still got 132, so I don't see your point.
My point wasn't to prop up Fitzpatrick, nor was it putting down Decker. I like Decker a lot.
My point was simply saying that it wasn't like Decker was massively held back by Fitzpatrick. Not every WR can play with Rodgers or Brees...and they don't have to in order for them to get stats.
Some below average QBs can actually be good for their fantasy WRs...like how McCown loves to bomb it out to jump ball WRs (see Jeffery's best year, or Evans' breakout year). Fitzpatrick looked at Marshall, then Decker, then Marshall, then Decker, then checked down to the RB.

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:21 pm

Valhalla wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:38 am

My point wasn't to prop up Fitzpatrick, nor was it putting down Decker. I like Decker a lot.
My point was simply saying that it wasn't like Decker was massively held back by Fitzpatrick. Not every WR can play with Rodgers or Brees...and they don't have to in order for them to get stats.
Some below average QBs can actually be good for their fantasy WRs...like how McCown loves to bomb it out to jump ball WRs (see Jeffery's best year, or Evans' breakout year). Fitzpatrick looked at Marshall, then Decker, then Marshall, then Decker, then checked down to the RB.
You may not have intended it that way, but that's certainly the way it was worded.

I didn't say Decker was "massively held back" by Fitzpatrick - I was just pointing out that his 132 targets came from a mediocre QB. So if he were to go to another mediocre QB, he'd be ok, or if he actually went to a good QB he'd have some additional upside.

There was nothing special about Fitzpatrick's game that helped Decker as you are implying. I agree that McCown and Cutler lobbing up jump balls to Jeffery was good for Jeffery's value, but that kind of thing wasn't at play here.

And again, it doesn't matter if Fitzpatrck didn't throw to other WRs. 132 targets = 132 targets. You keep saying that Fitzpatrick only threw to Marshall or Decker like it somehow made their targets more valuable. It actually would've been better if they could have had the same number of targets but more receivers were involved to draw coverage and keep the defense guessing. The fact that the defense only had to defend two WRs actually made it harder on Decker and Marshall.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:40 pm

Sterling Archer wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:21 pm
Valhalla wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:38 am

You may not have intended it that way, but that's certainly the way it was worded.

I didn't say Decker was "massively held back" by Fitzpatrick - I was just pointing out that his 132 targets came from a mediocre QB. So if he were to go to another mediocre QB, he'd be ok, or if he actually went to a good QB he'd have some additional upside.

There was nothing special about Fitzpatrick's game that helped Decker as you are implying. I agree that McCown and Cutler lobbing up jump balls to Jeffery was good for Jeffery's value, but that kind of thing wasn't at play here.

And again, it doesn't matter if Fitzpatrck didn't throw to other WRs. 132 targets = 132 targets. You keep saying that Fitzpatrick only threw to Marshall or Decker like it somehow made their targets more valuable. It actually would've been better if they could have had the same number of targets but more receivers were involved to draw coverage and keep the defense guessing. The fact that the defense only had to defend two WRs actually made it harder on Decker and Marshall.
Decker had Peyton Manning tossing him the ball in one of the best statistical seasons of Peyton's career before he came to New York. The difference is roughly 2.0-2.5 YPT, which while significant, isn't going to move Decker up a tier. We're also talking one of the best seasons of one of the best statistical QBs in the league. He's unlikely to match that regardless of where he ends up. You're probably looking at 1.0-2.0 YPT improvement if he goes to a solid situation. While that's not nothing, it's only about 100-200 yards over a season and this also assumes he's going to a system where he can maintain the target share we're all used to seeing from him.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:26 am

ericanadian wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:40 pm Decker had Peyton Manning tossing him the ball in one of the best statistical seasons of Peyton's career before he came to New York. The difference is roughly 2.0-2.5 YPT, which while significant, isn't going to move Decker up a tier. We're also talking one of the best seasons of one of the best statistical QBs in the league. He's unlikely to match that regardless of where he ends up. You're probably looking at 1.0-2.0 YPT improvement if he goes to a solid situation. While that's not nothing, it's only about 100-200 yards over a season and this also assumes he's going to a system where he can maintain the target share we're all used to seeing from him.
What does that have to do with anything? Nobody is talking about Decker's stats with Peyton.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:32 am

Sterling Archer wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:26 am
ericanadian wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:40 pm Decker had Peyton Manning tossing him the ball in one of the best statistical seasons of Peyton's career before he came to New York. The difference is roughly 2.0-2.5 YPT, which while significant, isn't going to move Decker up a tier. We're also talking one of the best seasons of one of the best statistical QBs in the league. He's unlikely to match that regardless of where he ends up. You're probably looking at 1.0-2.0 YPT improvement if he goes to a solid situation. While that's not nothing, it's only about 100-200 yards over a season and this also assumes he's going to a system where he can maintain the target share we're all used to seeing from him.
What does that have to do with anything? Nobody is talking about Decker's stats with Peyton.
The point is that just because Decker was very good with a bad QB, that doesn't mean he'll go bonkers with a good one.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!