Eric Decker

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Eric Decker

Postby AZK » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:14 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:38 pm I'm really getting on board the ArDarius train.
Chuga chuga, chuga chuga, toot toot..... He was my 3rd round pick in 4 leagues this year.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:27 pm

Really appears the Jets are taking a page out of Cleveland's playbook. If you're going to suck, might as well go ALL IN!!!

At least this way they're more likely to assure themselves the pick-of-the-litter with regard to rookie QB's in 2018 (which Cleveland rightly didn't reach for in 2017). It seems apparent that this is exactly what the front office is up to. "Suck for Luck" all over again. It's a bad time for Jets fans, but hopefully they can turn around the team within the next couple of years.

I wonder what else the teams in the AFC East can do to make life easier for the Patriots?

On topic, I think the Baltimore call for Decker seems like a good fit. I could see Maclin in either Buffalo or Cleveland. Maybe a team will come out of nowhere though and grab one of these guys. I think they've both got some good football ahead of them. And either player could help a contender with a shaky WR room.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:38 pm

Decker was playing at such a high level before his injury and the NYJ epic collapse last year.

Great news for his value.

The Dumpster Fire Torch has been passed...

NYJ is the new old CLE!
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:41 pm

No one is going to say White free agent receiver going to New England? lol.

Maclin is probably destined for Buffalo, which I hate as an owner but maybe he only signs a 1 year prove it deal and lands in a better spot next year.

Decker would be awesome in that vertical attack in Baltimore. As a 49er fan I want one of them to sign here, our WRs are still trash and we have all the cap room in the world.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:44 pm

As a Jets fan I was really hoping they would just completely clean house and 'suck for Sam'. I really hope that the GM and coach got fired can't stand those guys. As far as forte apparently he would cost them more if they cut him, another genious signing by Maccagnan. Watch us win one too many games to get Darnold.

Thank god for fantasy football!!

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Nanananananana wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:44 pm As a Jets fan I was really hoping they would just completely clean house and 'suck for Sam'. I really hope that the GM and coach got fired can't stand those guys. As far as forte apparently he would cost them more if they cut him, another genious signing by Maccagnan. Watch us win one too many games to get Darnold.

Thank god for fantasy football!!
Just like SF won 1 too many games last year because Kaep had to get that 2pt conversion vs LA to win. Just for that I'm glad he's been blackballed, although it still ended up ok thanks to Chicago.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:13 pm

Or we will get the first pick and then he'll stay in school just like Peyton did to us .

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:18 pm

Nanananananana wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:13 pm Or we will get the first pick and then he'll stay in school just like Peyton did to us .
Haha...Jets have the number one pick eh?

Suddenly I see the value in completing my degree...

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:38 pm

Maybe Decker will go to KC and Maclin to the Jets.

RenMasters
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RenMasters » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:07 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:41 pm
JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:38 pm I'm really getting on board the ArDarius train.
He was my favorite early/mid 3rd round WR this year. I could see him creeping up into the mid/late 2nd by August.
I actually took him with the 2.09 in our draft two weeks ago. This is great news.
Team Rebuilding - 12 Team PPR
QB (1) - A. Luck, D. Carr, R. Tannehill
RB (1-2) - T. Gurley, C. McCaffery, M. Breida, A. Ekeler, N. Hines, E. McGuire,
WR (3-4) - D. Adams, M.Evans, M. Jones, N. Agholor, M. Bryant, R. Grant, R Higgins
TE (1) - E. Engram, G. Everett, G. Olsen

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:14 pm

Nanananananana wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:44 pm As a Jets fan I was really hoping they would just completely clean house and 'suck for Sam'. I really hope that the GM and coach got fired can't stand those guys. As far as forte apparently he would cost them more if they cut him, another genious signing by Maccagnan. Watch us win one too many games to get Darnold.
I don't see the issue with the Forte signing. The team had a solid 2015 and they wanted to give it a go before the wheels fell off, which was fairly evident was on its way with the aging roster. In the end the team crapped the bed across the board, including Fitz, Revis, Wilkerson, etc., but we still got a great value in Jamal Adams at #6, which if we weren't going to win, is like getting a top 3 pick regardless and started the rebuild early and with a great piece. Back to Forte, the cost wasn't extreme at the time and it isn't like the cost matters at all right now. Having him around isn't the worst thing either from a veteran perspective. I guess my point is that i wouldn't be too critical of the signing. It is a very minor thing to have issue with. If you want to talk Hackenberg though I am 100% on board...that was a disaster from the word 'Go'.

As for the 'win one too many games'...if we win 2 games that would be impressive. Looking at the roster I struggle to see how that would be possible. I can't see us winning more games than anyone. The Browns have the looks of a better team on paper. Thankfully the Bears got their QB (though are also better on paper), and hopefully the 49ers get Cousins! As for Darnold, I want to see this season play out before i proclaim him the #1. This crop has promise beyond just him and I'm not sure it is a done deal just yet that he's the top dog. Even if he doesn't come out the top of class could be nice.

Specific to Decker, I think this is the best thing for him. He doesn't want to waste the year with the Jets, so i don't think this is anything but positive for him in fantasy and real life. Anywhere he goes should help him maintain his value. It was going to do nothing but since in NY.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:38 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:14 pm
As for the 'win one too many games'...if we win 2 games that would be impressive. Looking at the roster I struggle to see how that would be possible. I can't see us winning more games than anyone. The Browns have the looks of a better team on paper. Thankfully the Bears got their QB (though are also better on paper), and hopefully the 49ers get Cousins!
Every year there are always multiple teams in need of a franchise QB and teams over pay to move up in the first round. I know it's still very very early, but if the Bears/Rams/49ers finish worse than the Jets next year, I could see them selling the pick for a large chunk of picks.

zounder
Role Player
Role Player

Postby zounder » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:27 pm

I'd be shocked if a 31 year old Forte pushed the needle enough to move the Jets out of a prime draft spot.
-Nick Canzanese
@FF_NickCanz

gabes1919
Rookie
Rookie

Postby gabes1919 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:15 am

Everyone wants to talk about the Decker and the Jets trying to tank but I just want to talk about how we can make Enunwa a 1000 yard WR this year...
12 Team SF PPR
Start: QRRWWWTFFS
QB: Jackson, Garoppolo, Herbert, Griffin III, Taylor, Mullens
RB: Chubb, Kamara, Washington, Swift
WR: Godwin, Lockett, Boyd, Metcalf, T.Williams, Pascal, Stills, A.Tate, Jeudy
TE: Waller, Griffin, Ebron, Herndon
2021 Picks: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 3rd, 4th

12 Team SF PPR
Start: QRRWWWTFFS
QB: Wilson, Brissett, Fitzpatrick, Herbert, Tagovailoa, Rivers, Mariota, PJ.Walker
RB: Gurley, Dobbins, Edwards, Hines, Du.Johnson, J.Williams
WR: Thomas, C.Ridley, Boyd, T.Higgins, Pittman, R.Higgins, Pascal, C.Phillips, D.Williams
TE: Higbee, Eifert
2020 done
2021 Picks: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 4th

14 Team SF PPR
Start: QRRWWWTFFFS
QB: Wilson, Fitzpatrick, Tayor, Griffin III, PJ.Walker
RB: Chubb, Mixon, Ekeler, D.Montgomery, Drake, Burkhead, Collins
WR: Smith-Schuster, Metcalf, Renfrow, Aghelor, Gordon, D.Williams, Taylor, C.Phillips
TE: Higbee, Eifert
No 2020/2021 picks

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:47 am

gabes1919 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:15 am Everyone wants to talk about the Decker and the Jets trying to tank but I just want to talk about how we can make Enunwa a 1000 yard WR this year...
Maybe bc it's a Decker thread and not an Enunwa thread?