Worried, Confident, Hopeful

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Worried, Confident, Hopeful

Postby pokerface40 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:05 pm

I saw this thread on reddit and liked it, so I'm stealing it!

List one guy you own that you are worried about, confident in, and hopeful for. I'll start it off:

Worried: Carlos Hyde. I love his talent and thought his situation with Shanny was good so I invested. Not gonna lie the Joe Williams hype combined w/ his injury history has me a bit uneasy.

Confident: Amari Cooper. While he is a top 10 startup pick already I feel like he has a shot at being no. 1 overall after this year. Still only 22 freakin' years old and he already has 2 1,000 seasons to his name. Has Carr slinging the rock to him and other weapons to take away coverage, sign me up all day!

Hopeful: Rico Gathers. This is admittedly a homer pick, but I have scooped him up in all 3 of my leagues. Witten is about done, Dallas didn't address TE in FA or the loaded draft class, and coachspeak hype says this kid is developing into a serious weapon. The TE coach from last year is quoted as saying something like "He will wreak havoc on the NFL."

TheChicken
Captain
Captain

Re: Worried, Confident, Hopeful

Postby TheChicken » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:39 pm

Worried: DeAndre Hopkins. Fortunately for me he is on a team with OBJ, Jordy and DJohnson. He needs a brave, confident QB to throw up the ball so he can go and get it .... But O'Brien has not put his trust into any QB in recent times and I think the Texan QB will continue to play too conservative for Nuk to reach his ceiling.

Confident: Jordy Nelson. Rodgers loves him, I love him and he continues to be disrespected .... This year because he is now old.

Hopeful:. Billal Powell. Thought he was the guy before they picked up Ivory, and then again before they went to Forte. I know he has struggled to stay on the field, but I think the Jets have missed a trick not giving him more touches. Have him on several teams, shame the Jets are going to be poor the year he might get more looks.
99 problems but your 10 team league ain't one!

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:39 pm

Worried: stefon Diggs, I just want to know if this guy is the real deal or not. If he is a wr3 fine, I'd just like to know what I have there.

Confident: dalvin cook, best tape I've seen in years. Going to get a chance own the backfield post AP.

Hopeful: Adam Shaheen has some Gronk like attributes and on a team with an opportunistic path to start.

IDP
Worried: jaylon Smith, need this guy this year. He says he's fine but cowboys are being extremely cautious.

Confident: miles jack, a very very good lb that will be given the chance to take every snap this year

Hopeful: Eddie Jackson, need him to become a difference maker in chicago. Guy can make all the plays when the ball is in the air but needs to improve his tackling

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:54 pm

Worried: Demaryius- Will he still be held hostage by the Broncos QBs? He was still solid last season but I think those WR1 numbers are gone for good.

Confident: Kareem Hunt- I think he has a good shot to get a lot of work his rookie season. I don't expect him to start from day one or anything but I think he's a better talent than Ware and will be a really good dynasty RB considering where you can draft him, usually around 1.09 on, at least that's where I've gotten him.

Hopeful: John Brown- The reports are saying that he is healthier than ever and with Floyd all the way out of the picture, opposing defenses stacking the box to stop Johnson, he could regain his form from a couple of seasons ago.
12 TEAM PPR 1QB 1/3RB 1/3WR 1TE 2FLEX 1D 1K

Team 1: 8-5-2019 Champs 8-5-2020 Champs 11-3-2021 Champs
QBs: D.Carr, C.Wentz
RBs: J.Taylor, A.Jones, J.Mixon, B.Robinson
WRs: T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, K.Allen, J.Jones, K.Golladay
TEs: T.Kelce, P.Freiermuth

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 10-3-Championship 2021: 12-2-Runner Up
QBs: J.Allen, Winston, Trubisky
RBs: Ekeler, J.Williams, M.Gordon, J.Jacobs, I.Spiller
WRs: C.Kupp, T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, D.Mooney, N.Collins, M.Hardman
TEs: D.Waller, D.Schultz, Albert O

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 9-4

QBs: Mahomes, J.Allen, J.Love, Trubisky
RBs: A.Jones, M.Gordon, McKissic, K.Vaughn, B.Snell
WRs: J.Jefferson, T.McLaurin, K.Golladay, M.Pittman,T.Patrick
TEs: M.Andrews,D.Schultz

2019: 9 championships
2020: 7 championships-including 2 DLF Series Championships
2021: 9 championships-including 3 DLF Series Championships

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:29 pm

I am worried about Mark Ingram. I'm a fan but apparently Payton is not. It's hard to imagine him managing to keep the same split of backfield touches he had last year with Peterson in town. Peterson >>>>> Hightower.

I am confident DeAndre Hopkins bounces back. It might not be 2015 again but I believe he'll be a WR1 again in 2017.

I am hopeful for Ty Montgomery. I think he's talented and hard working. He's flashed big time skills and has a full off season training program to complete his RB conversion. I think he will be a stud out of that backfield. I think he will run between tackles much better than people think he will and his patience is tremendous...almost Lev Bell good. Wait for it.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:47 pm

Worried: Keenan. His value was in large due to a large target share and SD didn't draft Williams to not get a good amount of targets. I'm less worried about him coming back to pre-injury form now, and more worried that his past injuries cost him his path to WR1 production.

Confident: Cooks. I think a lot of people are worried because he's a Patriot now, but I like this more for him than his situation in NO next to Thomas. Cooks brings a whole new element to NE's offense and I think he'll thrive.

Hopeful: Josh Doctson. Hoping he can realize his talent and seize the opportunity. I think a WR3 finish would improve his value substantially after the lost rookie season and if he hits WR2 numbers we'd be talking first 3 round startup pick value

Cool idea for a thread btw
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:04 pm

Worried: Davante Adams, dude has a vicious quick slant and he made some fantastic catches in tight windows last year but I really need to see him do it again before I'd anoint him true WR1 status (was the WR11 in my league last year)

Confident: Melvin Gordon, team made a bunch of improvements to the OL and the WR corps and didn't add anyone of note to the backfield and they went out and hired a former RB coach to be their new HC, all signs looking up after a year where he finished as a top RB despite missing 3 games

Hopeful: Cooper Kupp, kid runs great routes, is stupid quick in his hips and shoulders, and has a head for the game, even as a rookie he's probably the most talented guy on the Rams offense aside from Gurley, with a new HC like McVay and a developing QB in Goff he should rule the short/intermediate area of the field, wouldn't be surprised if he finished 2017 as the #1 or #2 rookie in receptions (although I'm sure Corey Davis will outproduce him)
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:49 pm

Worried: CJ Anderson

Confident: Amari Cooper

Hopeful: Cameron Meredith

16 Team Full PPR

A-train
Starter
Starter

Postby A-train » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:12 pm

Worried: Phillip Dorsett, don't want to cut him yet but he hasn't shown much so gar. This is his last year with me if he doesn't do well this year.

Confident: Ezekiel Elliott, best rb in the league in my mind. Love his situation and confident he can carry my team.

Hooeful: Josh Doctson, lot of potential there and hoping the Achilles problem is behind him and he can be a WR2 for my team. Also hopeful that Sammy Watkins can stay healthy and be a wr1 for my team
Team 1: France Les Bleus: 20 team .5 ppr dynasty league. Starters in Bold
QB: Andrew Luck, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliot, Alex Collins, D'onta Foreman, Chris Carson, James White, Kenneth Dixon
WR: Mike Williams, Chris Godwin, DJ Moore, Laquon Treadwell, Taywan Taylor, Josh Malone
TE: Eric Ebron, Hunter Henry, Adam Shaheen
D/ST: Patriots, Saints

Team 2: New England Patriots: 24 Team standard league. Starters in Bold
QB: Patrick Mahommes, Josh Rosen
RB: Royce Freeman, Nick Chubb, Phillip Lindsay, Derius Guice, Melvin Gordon
WR: DJ Moore, Courtland Sutton, DJ Chark, Desean Hamilton, Laquon Treadwell, Equanimous St. Brown, James Washington
TE: Gerald Everett, Adam Shaheen, Hunter Henry
Def: Titans

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:21 pm

Worried: Blake Bortles - Not sure if he will ever get it together. As a fantasy player, he has been fine. As a real life football player, he has been unimpressive. The Jags aren't going to wait forever for Bortles to figure it out...even though they exercised his 5th year option. I'm hoping that he can figure out his mechanics and get his head right, because he has one hell of an offense around him.

Confident: John Brown - He was hampered pretty bad last year by injury/medical reasons. Now that he has these issues managed, I'm expecting him to be nearly back to his 2015 form. He still has Fitz on the other side, and Palmer airing out the ball. The offense is still very effective, so if John Brown can put his medical issues behind him, I can see 1000 yards and 6-8 TDs no problem.

Hopeful: Teddy Bridgewater - You can say it's a homer pick, but he seems like a great kid. He was coming into his own on a young offense, and he got the raw end of the deal with that gruesome injury. He has been rehabbing like a monster and seems just as eager/dedicated to returning to form and rejoining that team as the leader of the offense. I own him in a 16 team superflex, but that doesn't play into it at all. I just hope he gets healthy and can play again. It's easy to get down, depressed, and isolated under these type of circumstances, but it seems to me that he is doing everything right and dealing with it the best way he can.
Last edited by slaughterrt on Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dmac37 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:47 pm

Worried- Watkins & Allen, a little scary having both on my roster but hoping they are young enough to shed the injury prone label

Confident- Fournette, he will get a lot of carries to set a decent floor and if he is even slightly involved in the pass game then he should be a RB1 right out of the gate

Hopeful- Lacy, he is a proven talent and Seattle looks like they really want to go back to running the ball more. I think he will be given the chance to be the lead dog in Seattle
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:12 pm

Worried - Lamar Miller. Team added a pretty good looking rusher with a decently early pick after Miller faltered in the 3 down role.

Confident - Brandin Cooks. I get that he came from a great situation and people are throwing water on the NE situation because of mouths to feed, but I think that position a) assumes BB is going to use Cooks the same way Payton did the last 2 years. It wouldn't be the first time BB acquired someone and then used him completely differently than the previous team (e.g. Wes Welker). And b) misses that Cooks is now the best WR on the team. He can do everything Edelman can do, but better, and just about everything Hogan and Mitchell can do, but better. I don't think he is going to be seeing less targets than he saw in NO, and I will be surprised if they don't increase.

Hopeful: Ameer Abdullah. It is a make or break season, but I think he will get enough touches early to show he is the best option in the backfield, and run with it from there.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:42 pm

Worried - Todd Gurley. Most of his owners are relying on him as their RB #1 this year. I'm not expecting top 5 numbers, but I really need him to get 1,500 total yards and 8+ Touchdowns in order to solidify my RB position. Hard to see him putting up big numbers unless the team takes a GIANT step forward...

Confident - Tom Brady. Should be the overall QB #1 this year after getting Gronk healthy and acquiring Cooks. They also lost Blount which should lead to a few more passes, especially near the goal line. Not out of the question that he puts up 5,000 and 50.

Hopeful - Ameer Abdullah. I thought he looked phenomenal on the field in his first 2 seasons when healthy. While he likely won't be a true 3-down back barring injury, I'm optimistic that he can do enough damage on ~ 200 - 230 carries and 30 - 40 receptions to return solid RB #2 value. With an injury to Riddick or Zenner, and he could end up with top12 value.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

nabright
All Pro
All Pro

Postby nabright » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:36 pm

Worried: Tavon Austin- Rams added a lot of talent this year in the draft and FA at WR. I could see him getting bumped down the depth chart and possibly cut to save cap space.

Confident: Melvin Gordon- People seem to think last season was a fluke due to his high TD total and low YPC. However I think his YPC had a lot to do with a bad o-line. The o-line has been improved and they added Williams so it should take pressure off him in the box. They didn't add any RBs to take from his touches. Plus Anthony Lynn is a RB friendly coach. I think he will have a more efficient year and will be considered a stud come this time next year.

Hopeful: Paul Perkins- Most in my league don't value him much at all, but I think he has a great opportunity to become a solid RB2, if not better. I don't think he's the most talented back, but he seemed explosive when he got the ball. Kinda reminds me of Freeman situation a couple years ago. Didn't think he was a great talent, but was in a great situation. NY has a ton of receiving talent and should take a lot of focus off of the run game and should open up holes for him.
Team 1
12tm, Super-flex, 1PPR, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/OP
QB: ARod, Wilson, Goff, Winston, Taysom Hill
RB: Cook, Mack, Barber, L. Murray, Ito Smith, Bibbs
WR: ARob, Kupp, Miller(Chi), Agholar, Doctson, Grant, Gordon Z. Jones, Quinn(Wsh), Wilson(Mia)
TE: Reed, Ebron, Andrews, V. Davis, Gates, Herndon
Team 2
12tm, Super-flex, 1PPR, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/FLEX/OP
QB: Luck, Tanny, Goff
RB: Henry, Drake
WR: Nuk, ARob, Cooper, JuJu, Shepard, Hurns, Lockett, Stewart, Kupp
TE: Doyle, Allen, Clay
Team 3
14tm Super-flex, 1.5PPR and 1.5pts per 10yds for TEs, 1PPR for WRs, .5ppr and .25ppc for RBs. start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/FLEX/OP
QB: Luck, Goff, Jones
RB: Henry, Ekeler, Howard, Hines, Kelley, McKinnon, Samuels
WR: Cooks, Ridley, Ross, Callaway, Moncreif, MWilliams, Enunwa, Kupp, Golladay, Kearse, Reynolds
TE: Howard, Hurst

Fish Sticks
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Fish Sticks » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:44 pm

Worried: Sammy Watkins. He has all the talent in the world and has shown this when healthy. I'm just worried he is that player that will never get his health right and will run out of opportunities. The addition of Zay and possibly Maclin could take away targets from an already run heavy offense.

Confident: David Johnson. He can do it all. The talent, mindset and willingness to put in the work are all there. I think this team will continue to run through D. Johnson.

Hopeful: Alshon Jeffery. I'm hoping that he can stay healthy and the change of scenery will invigorate him. Teaming up with a young QB who may lean on him heavily could make for a great year. He may be able to leverage this year into a longer contract and be in a good situation for the rest of his career.
12-team/.5 PPR/6 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te),
(2023 Champion)
QB: Mahomes , M. White
RB: S. Barkley, J.Mixon, A.Kamara, J.McKinnon, Breida
WR: T. Hill , AJ.Brown , D. Adams, J.Landry, M.Williams, H.Renfrow,
TE: M. Andrews , T. Hill, T. Conklin
2023 picks 2.01, 3.02

12-team/PPR/SF. Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX (rb/wr/te), 1FLEX (rb/wr/te/qb)
(2023 high scorer, 5th place)
QB: P. Mahomes, D. Watson , M.Corral, S. Thompson, M.Mariota
RB: S Barkley,K. Hunt,J.Mixon,D. Williams
WR: T. Hill, S.Diggs, J.Smith-Schuster, K.Shakir, C. Samuel, R.Gage, C.Davis, A.Thielen
TE: D.Goedert, H.Hurst, T.Conklin, N.Gray
2023 Picks 1.01,1.02,1.08,1.11 2024 2 1sts, 3 2nds, 1 3rd, 1 4th