Worried, Confident, Hopeful

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Worried, Confident, Hopeful

Postby Servo » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:08 am

2QB League

Worried - Jared Goff, I just don't know how long he will last this year. LAR did the right thing in bringing in McVay, Olsen, LaFleur as QB coaches but can Goff resemble anything of the guy who tossed on defenses in college? He has a lot to prove in a short amount of time.

Worried - Nelson Agholor, 1.08 two years ago and the signs haven't looked good for a while now. Maybe he takes a step forward with Alshon/Torrey coming in. Can he recapture how good he was in college?

Worried/Hopeful - Allen Robinson, please don't let 2014 be some type of fluke.

Worried - Randall Cobb, can you please stay healthy?

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:52 am

Worried: Kevin White - He's still so raw. Even if he stays healthy I just don't know if he'll ever succeed at the level that was expected of him coming out of the draft.

Confident: Stefon Diggs. I'll say it again. STEFON DIGGS. Outside of AB he may be the best route runner in the league. Great hands. Works hard as hell. Keep doubting him, but this time next year he'll be in the back end WR1 conversation with ARob and Hopkins. Yes, he is that good.

Hopeful: Tyler Lockett - He just needs to stay healthy. So many flashes of brilliance, I just want him to be able to put it together for a full season.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:31 am

Worried: CJA. There doesn't seem to be anything in his way. Again. But something always finds a way to get in the way.

Confident: Martavis Bryant. Has shown legit signs that his off year was used ideally and he's ready to play. Also, assuming he follows Gordon's trajectory is projecting the future on a sample size of one. He'll remind us why he was a top 20 startup pick before his suspension.

Hopeful: Ameer Abdullah. Always liked what I saw, and the Lions OC has shown he can fix broken things. Like the Lions run game.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:26 am

jeffster wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:31 am Worried: CJA. There doesn't seem to be anything in his way. Again. But something always finds a way to get in the way.

Confident: Martavis Bryant. Has shown legit signs that his off year was used ideally and he's ready to play. Also, assuming he follows Gordon's trajectory is projecting the future on a sample size of one. He'll remind us why he was a top 20 startup pick before his suspension.

Hopeful: Ameer Abdullah. Always liked what I saw, and the Lions OC has shown he can fix broken things. Like the Lions run game.
I will piggyback off this but change my "worried" to Spencer Ware. I do think Martavis is goin' ballistic this year... :dance:

kasermap
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kasermap » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:22 pm

I'll base it off my team and in general

My team
Worried: Mike Thomas- not sure he can repeat.

Confident: Zeke- Great back, perfect situation

Hopeful: Ebron- Looks poised to breakout in a big way, has improved every year. Add a few TDs to his total from last year and he is a top 10 TE, pushing on a top 5.

In general
Worried: Melvin Gordon- very volume dependent, will lose third down roll most likely.

Confident: Mike Evans- can't be double covered all day now. watch out.

Hopeful: Crowell becomes a top 10 back, looks like my browns may have the pieces to give him a shot.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:48 am

Worried: Everybody except Mariota

Confident: Mariota

Hopeful: That I may save myself with some of the future picks I've been amassing
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:53 am

btv802 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:48 am Worried: Everybody except Mariota

Hopeful: That I may save myself with some of the future picks I've been amassing
Looking at your sig...I hope one of those 1sts is your own.
Good job on buying in to the 2018 draft, though. It's shaping up to be very good, and everyone is somewhat blinded by this stellar draft to think about/properly value 2018.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:54 am

Valhalla wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:53 am
btv802 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:48 am Worried: Everybody except Mariota

Looking at your sig...I hope one of those 1sts is your own.
Good job on buying in to the 2018 draft, though. It's shaping up to be very good, and everyone is somewhat blinded by this stellar draft to think about/properly value 2018.
Ohhhhhhhh yeah I've still got all of my '18 & '19 1st/2nd rounders :thumbup:
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:59 am

Saquon Barkley here you come!
and/or Guice, Bo, Chubb, Freeman, Wadley...or a WR like Ridley, Kirk, Sutton...
You have things to look forward to

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:02 am

Valhalla wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:59 am Saquon Barkley here you come!
and/or Guice, Bo, Chubb, Freeman, Wadley...or a WR like Ridley, Kirk, Sutton...
You have things to look forward to
I have strong competition for 1.01 believe it or not.
http://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0006
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:48 am

Worried:
Julio- injuries
Arob- does he go back to '15 or was that a one off?
Alshon- injuries

Confident:
Zeke- dude is a beast
Cooks- he will be the best receiving option on the team (tied with gronk but they do very different things)
Dez- he is a beast, he will have time to work with dak this off season, he killed it at the end of the season (minus like 2 games)

Hopeful:
Mixon- I think he will be great
Mike evans- I hope he works on his hands and is WR1
BEAST MODE- leads Oakland to the superbowl
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:42 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:48 am Mike evans- I hope he works on his hands and is WR1
interesting statement... I get his catch percentage was under 56%, but a good portion of his targets were not catchable. To fault his "hands" you have to look at his drops... in which he had 7 drops last year. Odell Beckham had 6, and i doubt anyone thinks Odell needs to work on his hands. I think the better hope is that he gets more yac in 2017. That appeared to be his biggest issue last year.
Team 1: 10th Year: 10 Team, PPR
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion, 2017: 7th, 2018: 3rd, 2019: 5th, 2020: League Champion, 2021: 4th, 2022: 5th

QB: Aaron Rodgers Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy
RB: Tony Pollard, Cam Akers, Ezekiel Elliott, Javonte Williams, Kyren Williams, Chuba Hubbard
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen Lazard , Michael Gallup, Donavan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Boyd, Romeo Doubs, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, VDS
TE: Dalton Shultz, Mike Gesicki

2019 picks: 1.1, 2.3, 3.5
2024 picks:
Round 1: (1)
Round 2: (1)
Round 3: (1)

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:16 pm

Worried - Jordan Matthews. He has the ability to be much better than what he is, I just don't think he realizes it. The icing on the cake is that he's been put in some crummy situations too, though opportunity has never been his problem.

Confident - Amari Cooper. This reminds me of last season when so many were overthinking Mike Evans because of drops and ignoring production, talent and skill level. I don't understand how anyone can be down on a 23-year-old WR with high skill level, who is coming off an 83/1153/5 season as a sophomore.

Hopeful - Eric Ebron. I think this is the year he breaks out. He's followed the traditional slow-developing TE path and got better each season. I think Detroit will look for him a lot in the redzone and he'll push for 8-9 touchdowns with 800 or so yards.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:52 pm

HereForTheComments wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:42 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:48 am Mike evans- I hope he works on his hands and is WR1
interesting statement... I get his catch percentage was under 56%, but a good portion of his targets were not catchable. To fault his "hands" you have to look at his drops... in which he had 7 drops last year. Odell Beckham had 6, and i doubt anyone thinks Odell needs to work on his hands. I think the better hope is that he gets more yac in 2017. That appeared to be his biggest issue last year.
Yeah, I know the stat, but to me its mind boggling, because whenever I'd catch a game it just looked like he should have gotten more than he did.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:09 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:52 pm
HereForTheComments wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:42 pm
Yeah, I know the stat, but to me its mind boggling, because whenever I'd catch a game it just looked like he should have gotten more than he did.
Understandable. There were tough games last season... I think the coverages he saw were a factor, as well. At one point, there was no other weapon on offense, other than Evans. I honestly feel this season will be as good, statistically, (receptions/ yards/Tds) or better.

Sorry for high jacking the thread, I'm done now lol
Team 1: 10th Year: 10 Team, PPR
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion, 2017: 7th, 2018: 3rd, 2019: 5th, 2020: League Champion, 2021: 4th, 2022: 5th

QB: Aaron Rodgers Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy
RB: Tony Pollard, Cam Akers, Ezekiel Elliott, Javonte Williams, Kyren Williams, Chuba Hubbard
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen Lazard , Michael Gallup, Donavan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Boyd, Romeo Doubs, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, VDS
TE: Dalton Shultz, Mike Gesicki

2019 picks: 1.1, 2.3, 3.5
2024 picks:
Round 1: (1)
Round 2: (1)
Round 3: (1)