Worried, Confident, Hopeful

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Worried, Confident, Hopeful

Postby skip » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:52 pm

Going to answer only with players I own as that seems more fitting.

Worried: I guess Tyrod Taylor only because the front office seems to be stocked with morons. The Bills were the #7 offense in the NFL last season and the team was unsure about re-signing Taylor. How often is a franchise level QB treated with such disdain?

Confident: Kelvin Benjamin. Rather than go with an obvious choice, this seems more fitting on an "all in" option that others seem to discount. KB is extremely undervalued. I will take him all day every day over guys like Keenan Allen and Donte Moncrief.

Hopeful:. CJ Fiedorowicz. Has the potential of being a top 5 TE in the league. Worst case, he should be a solid top 10. It would not surprise me at all if he becomes a favorite target for the rookie QB and is a staple for that passing offense for the next few years.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:42 pm

worried: Michael Thomas. Efficiency and yac regression coming

confident: Stefon Diggs. Elite route runner, played past week 4 with injuries and still finished 13th in points per game

hopeful: Tyrell Williams. Better athlete than Mike Williams, better catch radius, already produced at the NFL level. Feathered to elite qb on high powered offense, and is cheap.
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:43 pm

skip wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:52 pmHopeful: CJ Fiedorowicz. Has the potential of being a top 5 TE in the league. Worst case, he should be a solid top 10. It would not surprise me at all if he becomes a favorite target for the rookie QB and is a staple for that passing offense for the next few years.
You mind expanding on this? He seems to be PPR-reliant, and HOU seems content to employ a TEBC approach with Fiedorowicz, Griffin, and whoever else mixed in. I think he could do nicely as a Zach Miller/Jason Witten hybrid given the opportunity, but I just don't see consistent targets. A lot of his target share seemed to be Osweiler locking in, and I could see Watson taking a few more contested shots to Hopkins and Fuller instead of constantly checking it down to the TE.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

jnappy
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jnappy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:56 am

I'm also going to answer with players I own and, I'll try to be as different as I can.

Worried: Dez. I'm feigning confidence about him to everyone, but I'm just not sure he can stay healthy, and I just don't know how much they will throw the ball in year two of the Dak and Zeke show.

Confident: Ingram. He was never going to be the bellcow, and after splitting carries/targets all last season with Hightower he was still the RB8 in my PPR league even with a -1.5 pt. game. He's a locked and loaded RB2 with RB1 upside for me.

Hopeful: Dalton. I think all of the weapons are finally there for him to have a breakout year if they can stay healthy. Pair that with the fact that I don't think the Bengals D will be very good, so they'll be playing from behind a lot, and that's a recipe for a monster season. AJG is still one of the best in the game, a dynamic playmaker in the backfield in Mixon, Ross to take the top off the defense, and Eifert to score the TDs. This should be a fun offense to watch this season.
[Team 1] 2015 - 6th | 2016 - 12th | 2017 - 3rd | 2018 - 1st! | 2019 - 3rd | 2020 - 5th
Hometown league
Jimmy GQ
32 team full PPR/IDP - 1TMQB/1RB/1WR/1TE/1FLEX/1TMPK/1DL/1LB/1DB
TMQB: 49ers
RB: Kamara, DJ, Hines, JJack
WR: ARob, Mooney, Myers, JGrant
TE: Goedert, Kroft, Keene
TMPK: 49ers
DL: JPP
LB: Oluokun, Shaq Thompson
DB: Poyer
2021 picks: 1.26, 2.26, 3.26
2022 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:28 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:43 pm [I think he could do nicely as a Zach Miller/Jason Witten hybrid given the opportunity
As the thread title suggests..."Hopeful". I happen to have Fiedorowicz rated very highly when he was an incoming rookie and drafted him in all of my leagues. I liked his skill set and if his upside is a Miller/Witten hybrid, please let that happen. Witten was a perennial top 5 TE for a very long time. He has never been like Gronk or other flashy TEs...he has always been opportunistic. This is exactly what I see in Fiedorowicz and I think he will be targeted heavily by Watson (which you feel will go to Hopkins and Fuller).
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Cabana
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Cabana » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:47 am

Worried - Hunter Henry. Not sure if he will ever be the tight end that his prices suggests right now (TE4), so I'm worried that his value goes down
Confident - Amari Cooper. He will be a top5 wr this year and will be on the same tier as Evans and OBJ.
Hopeful - Kevin White. Hopefully, he will put everything together this year and create some chemistry with his rookie QB.
Ducks League
12-team non-PPR 28-roster 1QB, 2-3RB, 2-3WR, 1TE, 1DL. 1LB, 1DB, 1K http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/3951353

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:33 am

Worried: Todd Gurley. Just in a bad spot. Offense sucks, defense is blah, young QB, young coach! Nothing here is good for Gurley! Really hoping he can come back to form.

Confident: OBJ, need I say more?

Hopeful: John Ross. Speed, hands, route running! I just feel like this guy can do it all and if he stays healthy I think he can be a legit NFL receiver. Just hoping he doesn't bust.
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:15 am

Worried: Keenan Allen, very high value despite 2 injury ended seasons that has yet to see him produce like he's expected to for a full season...spent a top 10 pick on a wr which doesn't spell confidence

Confident: Brandin Cooks, Established production at young age and best team in football that turns has-beens into stars traded a very high price to acquire him and exploit his skills all over the league

Hopeful: Eric Ebron and Devante Parker: Both seem poised to have breakout seasons with progressions that last couple years. Both have top tier potential and might be putting it all together

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:56 am

Worried: Sammy Watkins/ Allen Robinson
Confident: Eddy Lacy :shock:
Hopefull: Breshad Perriman/John Brown
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:13 pm

Cool idea!

From my team 1.

Worried: McCoy. I could see him falling back to earth quickly... (Runner up: Reed)

Confident: Crowell. He has produced when given a chance, his talent has never been in doubt, and the rushing supporting cast around him (including his new head coach) keep improving. (Runner up: Tate)

Hopeful: Maxx Williams (2TE league). He still has the skills, and now he has the opportunity. (Runner up: Ingram)
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Postby HereForTheComments » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:24 pm

Worried: Donte Moncrief. The guy has everything going for him (skills, measurables, top qb), but I am concerned something will prevent his success from coming to fruition.... again. 2 years ago, Luck was injured and last year he was injured.

Confident: Evans. I keep seeing reports of people claiming that "now that they have other targets" Evans will decline. Funny how the same "experts" were using the exact opposite problem as a reason for fear last season. Either he is "alone with all of the attention" or he is "now in an offense with competition for targets". I think Evans will have a better year than last season. Defenses will have to respect most of the field for the first time.

Hopeful: Devante Parker. I really think, if he puts in the work, he will be solid. If the reports are true regarding his diet and determination, he could be a top 15 WR this year. I feel high end wr2 is his ceiling, btw.
Team 1: 10th Year: 10 Team, PPR
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion, 2017: 7th, 2018: 3rd, 2019: 5th, 2020: League Champion, 2021: 4th, 2022: 5th

QB: Aaron Rodgers Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy
RB: Tony Pollard, Cam Akers, Ezekiel Elliott, Javonte Williams, Kyren Williams, Chuba Hubbard
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen Lazard , Michael Gallup, Donavan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Boyd, Romeo Doubs, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, VDS
TE: Dalton Shultz, Mike Gesicki

2019 picks: 1.1, 2.3, 3.5
2024 picks:
Round 1: (1)
Round 2: (1)
Round 3: (1)

NFL-ons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby NFL-ons » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:39 pm

Worried about Carlos Hyde. Always liked the player but the signs are not looking good.

Confident in MartyB. The "alien" is going to give us visions of what we thought Sammy would b.

Hopeful for perriman. The stars have aligned. If he doesn't break out now, doubt he ever will.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:26 pm

GridironGuerilla wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:56 am Confident: Eddy Lacy :shock:
:shock:

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:43 am

NFL-ons wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:39 pm
Confident in MartyB. The "alien" is going to give us visions of what we thought Sammy would b.
Who? Martavis bryant? Martellus bennett?

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:29 am

Valhalla wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:43 am
NFL-ons wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:39 pm
Who? Martavis bryant? Martellus bennett?
Given the Sammy reference, I'm assuming Martavis?
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U