nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Worried, Confident, Hopeful

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:41 pm

Well said :)
To put us back on track
Hopeful:
Crow- improves on his volume and efficiency from last year with a more competitive team and a better O-line
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

DTMW78
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DTMW78 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:55 pm

Worried - Doug Martin
Decent competition there already in Quizz and Simms and another back drafted.

Confident - Joe Williams
He will be the lead back in SF by week 10.

Hopeful - Mike Glennon
Hopefully he shows enough to keep Trubs on the sidelines for a season or two.

14 team 2 qb league.

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:46 pm

ImaRounder wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:39 pm Worried: stefon Diggs, I just want to know if this guy is the real deal or not. If he is a wr3 fine, I'd just like to know what I have there.

Confident: dalvin cook, best tape I've seen in years. Going to get a chance own the backfield post AP.

Hopeful: Adam Shaheen has some Gronk like attributes and on a team with an opportunistic path to start.

IDP
Worried: jaylon Smith, need this guy this year. He says he's fine but cowboys are being extremely cautious.

Confident: miles jack, a very very good lb that will be given the chance to take every snap this year

Hopeful: Eddie Jackson, need him to become a difference maker in chicago. Guy can make all the plays when the ball is in the air but needs to improve his tackling

Cook is the best tape you've watched in years? I wasn't impressed with his film or combine for that matter .. I'd say his tape was well behind Leo, Mixon and even McCaffrey .. I see him being a bust and that's coming from a lifelong Vikings fan .. Wasn't real happy Vikings drafted Cook over Mixon .. Reminds me of the years we drafted Darren Nelson over Marcus Allan then Alexander over Sapp and yet again Williams over Suggs .. I can't see this ending well for the Vikings !

Side note , I did trade the #5 and Wentz for the #4 and drafted Mixon .. Cook went at #5
Standard 10 man
QB Rogers - Big Ben- Jackson-
RB Gurley- Bell- Mixon - Conner- M Brown - Burkhead, Warren, Ballage
WR OBJ , Julio- AJG- Kupp- Sanders- John Brown- Allison- MVS- Hogan - T Williams- Humphries
TE- Ertz - Reed-

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:10 am

TheEastWest wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:46 pm ... yet again Williams over Suggs .. I can't see this ending well for the Vikings !
Well...Kevin Williams WAS a 5 time 1st team All-Pro. To my knowledge every defensive tackle that has ever done that four times is in the HOF...
I like Suggs, and wanted him back then, but I don't think Vikings fans should complain that they landed a HOF level DT that was pivotal in the Vikings league leading run stuffing defense with that Williams Wall.
Also, when the Vikings couldn't complete that trade in time and ran out of time with their pick, the two teams that rushed picks in to get ahead of the Vikings drafted Byron Leftwich and Jordan Gross. Then the Vikings chose a future 5 time 1st team All-Pro and likely HOF guy (and got him a little bit cheaper). It was a draft blunder as they lost value by not being able to trade down, but the complaints about that need to stop. They more than saved face by nabbing one of the best players to come out of that first round.

QuintorrisLopezJones
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby QuintorrisLopezJones » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:25 am

Worried: Fournette - I drafted him, but he really screams Trent 2.0 for me
-I would say Crowell worried because I'm fully expecting a terrible season, but I'd be happy about that. Almost all of his production came from the first few games, and he was terrible all but 2 or so after. Them not drafting an RB is more about them having other needs to fill and how quickly RB's can be found

Confident: Alshon - this is more of a "Confident that he recovers his lost value" vs "Confident long term". I think he has a great year. Wentz, I believe, is the best QB he's had. Enough surrounding him in terms of weapons to take away coverage, but no real threats/ equal talents. This is a true contract year after having to settle for a below market 1 year deal. I think he's a strong WR1 this year. Also, Kelce will be the top TE by a good margin (outside of Gronk if healthy).

Hopeful - Parker would have been my guy, but his hype now makes that too trendy of a pick and my expectations may not reach the hype. So I'll go with Elijah Hood. I think he'll quickly prove to be Oakland's 2nd best back. I doubt Lynch holds up 16 games, and even if he does, I think Hood can still prove valuable this year and going forward.

Obviously this applies to guys on my main team in sig, my hopeful/worried/confident doesn't apply the same way to guys I don't want to do well
10 Team League .5 PPR QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, 2FLEX, K, DEF
QB: Brees, Big Ben, Watson
WR: Julio Jones, AJ Green, Alshon Jeffery, DeVante Parker,Sammy Watkins, Michael Crabtree, Agholor
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Todd Gurley, Fournette, Lynch, Conner
TE: Travis Kelce , Hooper, Doyle
K: Bryant
DEF: JAX

Generic Username
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Generic Username » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:07 am

Worried - every guy I traded away will outperform those I traded for

Confident - those deals I waffled too long and lost out on will prove to be the moves that would have made my teams unstoppable forces

Hopeful - I sneak into the playoffs in every league, affording me at least one extra week of worry and angst come Sunday (screw Thursday games)

Oh, I forgot mention: DT will be low end WR1 and consistent throughout year, Spencer Ware will disappoint Kareem Hunt owners (this year), and both D Parker and K White will continue to disappoint, unlike Treadwell

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:34 am

I'm gonna go strictly WR here, just because...

Worried: Dez/Sammy/Keenan
If at least two of these three stay healthy for the entire season, I think I have a strong shot at being a contender this year. But 44 missed games combined over the past two years still has me worried af.

Confident: Crabtree
Hasn't missed a game in three years, and contrary to the silly rumors circulating around here, he's still the best WR on the Raiders. Seems like a lock for 140+ targets yet again.
(Non-WR honorable mention: Brees. If he can turn a JAG like Michael Thomas into a "superstar," I think he'll do just fine this year, even without Cooks.)

Hopeful: Tyreek/Enunwa
Two guys who flashed great potential last year and are now being thrust into the #1 WR role on their respective teams. I'd love for both of them to prove worthy of such a move, but I'll be more than happy if just one of them does.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:07 am

Worried: Corey coleman get another injury during the camp and miss some games.

Hopeful: jared goff become a good Qb. ( i really need qb in my league)

confident: w.snead will be a good WR2-3
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

ascherb
Starter
Starter

Postby ascherb » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:32 pm

Worried:

Jordan Reed - Could be one big hit from being done.

Alshon Jeffrey - The opportunity is there, I just don't have a ton of confidence that he has the overall drive and tools to live up to WR1 status.

Dak Prescott - I think last year was somewhat of a fluke. Not saying he is going to fall off a cliff, but I don't think he is as talented as people think based on a magical rookie season.

Christian McCaffrey - I don't think he is going to be bad. I think he will actually help the Panthers out quite a bit in real life, I just don't think he is going to be an elite fantasy contributor even in PPR. I just don't think he will touch the ball enough consistently, game-by-game, to be anything more than a solid FLEX option. I think there will be plenty of games where they let JStew tote the majority of the meaningful carries, including the TDs, and McCaffrey comes away with plenty of 5 carry, 13 yards rushing, 2 catches for 17 yards receiving, no TD games. Again, it's not so much that I think he'll be bad, just worried about his ADP as a top 3 pick, especially when you consider that guys like Cook and Mixon (who have a more realistic chance to be bell cow RBs) likely can put up reception numbers not that far off from McCaffrey in a full time role.

Confident:

Isaiah Crowell - As Cleveland potentially improves as a team, Crowell will get more opportunity to carry the ball, and on paper, that offensive line is solid.

Dalvin Cook - Just has the look of a McCoy-like playmaker from the backfield. I think if the blocking can at least be average, he's going to be a stud.

Corey Davis - I don't have a lot to base this on, but I'm pretty confident that he will warrant his 1.01 spot in most drafts and be a very very good NFL WR1.
Please give us a visit for awesome FF content:

extrapointff.com

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:24 am

TheEastWest wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:46 pm
ImaRounder wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:39 pm Worried: stefon Diggs, I just want to know if this guy is the real deal or not. If he is a wr3 fine, I'd just like to know what I have there.

Confident: dalvin cook, best tape I've seen in years. Going to get a chance own the backfield post AP.

Hopeful: Adam Shaheen has some Gronk like attributes and on a team with an opportunistic path to start.

IDP
Worried: jaylon Smith, need this guy this year. He says he's fine but cowboys are being extremely cautious.

Confident: miles jack, a very very good lb that will be given the chance to take every snap this year

Hopeful: Eddie Jackson, need him to become a difference maker in chicago. Guy can make all the plays when the ball is in the air but needs to improve his tackling

Cook is the best tape you've watched in years? I wasn't impressed with his film or combine for that matter .. I'd say his tape was well behind Leo, Mixon and even McCaffrey .. I see him being a bust and that's coming from a lifelong Vikings fan .. Wasn't real happy Vikings drafted Cook over Mixon .. Reminds me of the years we drafted Darren Nelson over Marcus Allan then Alexander over Sapp and yet again Williams over Suggs .. I can't see this ending well for the Vikings !

Side note , I did trade the #5 and Wentz for the #4 and drafted Mixon .. Cook went at #5
Yes, if I didn't state that clearly enough in my initial post, Cook has the best tape I've watched vice maybe TG in the past three years. People don't realize last year he was met at or behind the LOS at a very high rate and still finished with 1700 yards. Everyone knows his combine was bad, alarmingly bad. However, I never put much stock in the spandex football camp. Plus he ran a decent to good 40. He relies on instincts and vision which translates to any level.

I'm not going to get into the whole mixon/McCaffrey slams because they're well documented on this site. Leo is a freak of a man that has power and speed to do damage in the NFL, but his vision is not close to where cook's vision is. Again my personal opinion, very contradictory of the community.

gmoftheyear
Captain
Captain

Postby gmoftheyear » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:01 am

Worried : Lesean Mccoy- Pretty sure he won't repeat what he did last year. May be looking to move him while his value is elevated.

Confident: Pretty confident that Kelce will be an even bigger focus in K.C with Maclin gone. Just need more TD's.

Hopeful: Picks from last year Tevin Coleman and Moncrief putting up good numbers in 17.
QB- R. Wilson, Garoppolo, Fields, Ridder, Rudolph, Hooker
RB- Ekeler, Mostert, Pacheco, Dillon, Dobbins I/R
WR- Metcalf, Pickens, Higgins, DJ Moore
TE- Kincaid, Higbee
K- Aubrey
Def- Denver, Pittsburgh

No PPR, Start 2 QBs, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1 TE, 1 FLEX,1 K, 1 DEF/ST. 6 pts all touchdowns
2002 Points Champion, 2007 HTH Champion, 2014 HTH Champion

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:49 am

Valhalla wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:10 am
TheEastWest wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:46 pm ... yet again Williams over Suggs .. I can't see this ending well for the Vikings !
Well...Kevin Williams WAS a 5 time 1st team All-Pro. To my knowledge every defensive tackle that has ever done that four times is in the HOF...
I like Suggs, and wanted him back then, but I don't think Vikings fans should complain that they landed a HOF level DT that was pivotal in the Vikings league leading run stuffing defense with that Williams Wall.
Also, when the Vikings couldn't complete that trade in time and ran out of time with their pick, the two teams that rushed picks in to get ahead of the Vikings drafted Byron Leftwich and Jordan Gross. Then the Vikings chose a future 5 time 1st team All-Pro and likely HOF guy (and got him a little bit cheaper). It was a draft blunder as they lost value by not being able to trade down, but the complaints about that need to stop. They more than saved face by nabbing one of the best players to come out of that first round.
Worried - Not all owners are as passionate and insightful as Valhalla

Confident - Many NFL teams have fans as passionate as Valhalla

Hopeful - More owners in the forum read Valhallas posts.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:37 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:49 am
Worried - Not all owners are as passionate and insightful as Valhalla

Confident - Many NFL teams have fans as passionate as Valhalla

Hopeful - More owners in the forum read Valhallas posts.
Worried - That I devote entirely too much time to football

Confident - That I will continue to do so, and that so will most of you

Hopeful - That this forum continues to grow with devoted and insightful fans from teams throughout the NFL (except Packer fans, as they offer little true insight, or intelligence for that matter :D )

ps Thanks for the compliment, ArrylT. You're a solid contributor as well.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:32 pm

Worried: the 1-year wonders, Mike Thomas, Jay Ajayi, Jordan Howard. It'll be interesting to see how the progress.

Confident: Amari Cooper will be APD3 or better

Hopeful: Marqise Lee will build on last season