Breshad Perriman Outlook

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Breshad Perriman Outlook

Postby ericanadian » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:56 pm

Warwick9 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:13 pm wow some people are short sighted, I agree it's padless practice, but the defense also doesnt have pads and can't keep up to Perriman. Has he really shown enough disappointment that people can already write him off as a true #1 WR? Ravens have never drafted 1, and imo will give Perriman every chance to prove that their rare 1st round investment(after a year of seasoning/a year of countless tough times with death of best friend/re-occurring injury and hospitalized father) has all the tools and now confidence to prove he was worth the pick.

the short sighted comment was due to the thought that "checkdown joe" has always been this way...pre-Trestman, he threw deep passes more than 95% of QBs in the league. Also, Pitta's career is done, so his long time buddy isn't there anymore for him to throw 4 yard passes to and fall down, now that will likely be Woodhead or Dixon catching them and getting YAC.
Flacco has never had great downfield accuracy even when he was throwing deep at a high rate. I think the pullback from the deep ball was as much to do with Flacco's limitations as it was to schematic changes. I don't recall Cutler being thought of as a checkdown guy under Trestman.

Further, Torrey Smith got 137 targets in the highest target season for a receiver under Flacco in 2013 and that was with zero running game. Outside of that season, most receivers were capping out in the 110 range.

Basically, you need Flacco to focus in on one guy, which he historically does not do & throw an effective deep ball, which he historically does not do. You'll also probably need the run game to be absolute garbage. Finally, you'll also need Perriman to supplant an established Mike Wallace and potentially Maclin or Decker to become that targetted receiver when he has historically struggled with catch rate and profiled as a situational deep threat last year. I like the optimism, but I ain't investing in it.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

nabright
All Pro
All Pro

Postby nabright » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:30 pm

His potential is sky high. Just not sure he will ever turn his amazing measurables into actual NFL production
Team 1
12tm, Super-flex, 1PPR, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/OP
QB: ARod, Wilson, Goff, Winston, Taysom Hill
RB: Cook, Mack, Barber, L. Murray, Ito Smith, Bibbs
WR: ARob, Kupp, Miller(Chi), Agholar, Doctson, Grant, Gordon Z. Jones, Quinn(Wsh), Wilson(Mia)
TE: Reed, Ebron, Andrews, V. Davis, Gates, Herndon
Team 2
12tm, Super-flex, 1PPR, start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/FLEX/OP
QB: Luck, Tanny, Goff
RB: Henry, Drake
WR: Nuk, ARob, Cooper, JuJu, Shepard, Hurns, Lockett, Stewart, Kupp
TE: Doyle, Allen, Clay
Team 3
14tm Super-flex, 1.5PPR and 1.5pts per 10yds for TEs, 1PPR for WRs, .5ppr and .25ppc for RBs. start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/FLEX/OP
QB: Luck, Goff, Jones
RB: Henry, Ekeler, Howard, Hines, Kelley, McKinnon, Samuels
WR: Cooks, Ridley, Ross, Callaway, Moncreif, MWilliams, Enunwa, Kupp, Golladay, Kearse, Reynolds
TE: Howard, Hurst

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:10 pm

nabright wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:30 pm His potential is sky high. Just not sure he will ever turn his amazing measurables into actual NFL production
Just one in a long line of great athletes who aren't great players
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:35 am

StableOfRBs wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:10 pm
nabright wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:30 pm His potential is sky high. Just not sure he will ever turn his amazing measurables into actual NFL production
Just one in a long line of great athletes who aren't great players
I think he can grow into a good player...not sure about great
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:37 pm

Balitmore's interest in both Maclin and Decker does not speak well of their confidence in Perriman.

With that having been said, I sort of liked the way Perriman looked in flashes last year.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Warwick9
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Warwick9 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:10 pm

Why is it a shot to Perriman? The cupboard is bare and they are trying to build depth...also Wallace is on 1 year extension and they have very little success in the draft, they need Perriman and Decker this year and beyond
10-team PPR --1QB 2RB 2-3WR 1-2TE 1K 2-3DL 2-3LB 2-3DB
QB:R.Wilson, Lamar Jackson
RB:Zeke, McCaffery, J.White, N.Hines, TJ Yeldon Taxi squad: J.Hill, D.Singletary
WR:AJ Green, C.Davis, DK Metcalf, E.Sanders, D.Thomas
Taxi squad: H.Butler, C.Sutton, M.Boykin
TE:H.Henry, M.Andrews, ASJ--Taxi squad: H.Hurst
DE:D.Hunter, M.Ingram, J.Allen, M.Davenport
LB:Wagner,Vander Esch, Z.Cunningham, Onwuasor, Kyzir White
DB:(b)J.Johnson(/b), (b)C.Geathers(/b) R.Harrison

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:05 am

Warwick9 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:10 pm Why is it a shot to Perriman? The cupboard is bare
The cupboard is plainly not bare when it has a thousand yard receiver from last year, plus the 1st round pick the team drafted to be its future alpha dog. So, obviously, Baltimore being connected with every high-profile free-agent WR indicates a lack of confidence with the contents of that cupboard.

Wallace will not be hard to re-sign, if they want him. There's a reason he's bounced around several teams recently; he's very affordable at this stage of his career.
they are trying to build depth
Except Decker is definitely not 'depth'... he's an automatic starter in all sets if he's signed. Less sure about Maclin -- he may just be washed up, hard to say -- but I know Maclin himself expects to be starting anywhere he lands.

Teams get depth via Day 3 draft picks and low-profile FA signings. Teams go after guys like Decker and Maclin when they're hoping for major contributors, not 'depth'.

It's a shot at Perriman. It is what it is.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

CharlieKelly
Starter
Starter

Postby CharlieKelly » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:17 am

Maclin reportedly in Baltimore today. If he signs probably a big hit to Perriman's value.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:22 am

CharlieKelly wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:17 am Maclin reportedly in Baltimore today. If he signs probably a big hit to Perriman's value.
Considering the Ravens are something like 80% likelihood to sign Maclin or Decker, folks with Perriman should breathe a sigh of relief if it's Maclin.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:26 am

Definitely a hit to target share and snap volume. If his talent comes through when he has the opportunity, I don't think there is anything to worry about in the long run. He either is or he isn't and Maclin or Deckers presence isn't going to effect that in the future of his career. If you were hoping for WR2 numbers this season, I think you were likely barking up the wrong tree in the first place.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:42 pm

It's official. Two-year deal.

Btw, Schefter says Ravens are still in the running for Decker.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:47 pm

That's a shame. I'd much rather see Maclin in Buffalo than in Baltimore.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

gsdguy
Rookie
Rookie

Postby gsdguy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:42 pm

Possible they sign Decker too...stock down Perriman
12 Team, Dynasty PPR, 25-Roster, 1QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:46 pm

That's the sound of hopes and dreams crashing down.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:40 pm

If they're still considering Decker after signing Maclin, they clearly have almost no faith in Perriman being a capable starter this year.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker