Breshad Perriman Outlook

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Breshad Perriman Outlook

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:38 am

StableOfRBs wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:40 pm wait til Maclin shows up
Now that I've started to buy into Perriman some and went out and acquired him in a few leagues, this feels like it almost has to happen. I tend to be very fatalistic when it comes to FF.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:42 am

BuckeyeNation wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:38 am
Now that I've started to buy into Perriman some and went out and acquired him in a few leagues, this feels like it almost has to happen. I tend to be very fatalistic when it comes to FF.
There's a few other places he could land that would make sense but the ravens LOVE their veteran receivers and if he goes there I could see him easily becoming the number 1 (I don't think Wallace really has the skillset to be a true 1) or possibly a 1b to Wallace's 1a, either way would definitely dig into Perriman's opportunities and set him back at least another year depending on what the contract would look like

still just speculation though
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:12 am

StableOfRBs wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:42 am
BuckeyeNation wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:38 am
There's a few other places he could land that would make sense but the ravens LOVE their veteran receivers and if he goes there I could see him easily becoming the number 1 (I don't think Wallace really has the skillset to be a true 1) or possibly a 1b to Wallace's 1a, either way would definitely dig into Perriman's opportunities and set him back at least another year depending on what the contract would look like

still just speculation though
I completely agree. For Maclin I think BAL would be best case scenario, and I think it makes a lot of sense from the team's perspective too. Plus as you said, BAL has had a good deal of success in the past with bringing in veteran WRs like Boldin/SSS/Wallace to fill their need at the position (and possibility make up for their shortcomings with their draft picks at the position). It's the fact that I do think Maclin could emerge as the #1 target in BAL that I don't like it from the viewpoint of a Perriman owner.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:24 pm

Traded Perriman today for Martavis Bryant. I see either Decker or Maclin showing up in Baltimore. I suppose this might have been a slight panic move, however, I have been trying to acquire Bryant from him for a bit.

The deal was Perriman, 2017 3.5 (Rookie/Vet) and Zack Miller for Martavis.

Warwick9
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Warwick9 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:13 am

I thought Perriman for Bryant was bad...then you said you added to.

I actually think Decker will help Perriman get open more, yes he may receive fewer RZ targets, but very few people actually see his ceiling for what it is. Perriman is approx. 220lbs and ran a 4.22! He played sparingly last year(essentially rookie year) I'm sure they wanted to ease him in with fear of the re-injury to knee, but the guy showed every bit of what Martavius has shown so far.

Bryant also doesn't have the opportunity to be the #1 on his respected team. THIS YEAR Perriman will have every opportunity to do so. Every week I'm seeing highlights of Perriman making finger tip grabs along the sidelines in OTAs, or running crossing pattern to the house when he has 3 steps on defender. Sure you can look at catch rate, but lets not pretend there aren't other studs in the league with low catch rates that still get force fed the ball because they can win a game with 1 play
10-team PPR --1QB 2RB 2-3WR 1-2TE 1K 2-3DL 2-3LB 2-3DB
QB:R.Wilson, Lamar Jackson
RB:Zeke, McCaffery, J.White, N.Hines, TJ Yeldon Taxi squad: J.Hill, D.Singletary
WR:AJ Green, C.Davis, DK Metcalf, E.Sanders, D.Thomas
Taxi squad: H.Butler, C.Sutton, M.Boykin
TE:H.Henry, M.Andrews, ASJ--Taxi squad: H.Hurst
DE:D.Hunter, M.Ingram, J.Allen, M.Davenport
LB:Wagner,Vander Esch, Z.Cunningham, Onwuasor, Kyzir White
DB:(b)J.Johnson(/b), (b)C.Geathers(/b) R.Harrison

Warwick9
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Warwick9 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:14 am

Add to that, Perriman has no threat of being suspended from the league indefinately
RB:Zeke, McCaffery, J.White, N.Hines, TJ Yeldon Taxi squad: J.Hill, D.Singletary

jdomer2403
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdomer2403 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:39 am

Warwick9 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:13 am I thought Perriman for Bryant was bad...then you said you added to.

I actually think Decker will help Perriman get open more, yes he may receive fewer RZ targets, but very few people actually see his ceiling for what it is. Perriman is approx. 220lbs and ran a 4.22! He played sparingly last year(essentially rookie year) I'm sure they wanted to ease him in with fear of the re-injury to knee, but the guy showed every bit of what Martavius has shown so far.

Bryant also doesn't have the opportunity to be the #1 on his respected team. THIS YEAR Perriman will have every opportunity to do so. Every week I'm seeing highlights of Perriman making finger tip grabs along the sidelines in OTAs, or running crossing pattern to the house when he has 3 steps on defender. Sure you can look at catch rate, but lets not pretend there aren't other studs in the league with low catch rates that still get force fed the ball because they can win a game with 1 play
I saw that clip too, it was 26 seconds long in padless practice. All these guys are great in shorts and jerseys. That video only showed a go route and cross pattern and you see this every week? lol C'MON man!

No doubt he is fast and has some upside on a depth chart that doesn't have a WR1 but i just don't see him being great at all. I would take Bryant over him all day long. Bryant also has proved it on the field.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:55 am

Justin Hunter DOMINATED...in shorts...

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:41 am

Warwick9 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:13 am I thought Perriman for Bryant was bad...then you said you added to.

I once saw a doctor perform surgery on a sandwich. Also saw an artist scribble some stuff on a napkin. I even heard a musician humming to himself once.

These are all about the same relevance to their actual abilities as OTAs are to a football player's.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

jp67
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jp67 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:46 am

sehon4 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:15 pm I see Perriman averaging about 9 target per game = 144 over 16 games. I see his catch ratio to be around 55% = 80 catches with an average of 15 yards per catch with his deep speed = 1,200 yards with 7-9 TDs.
Before you jump all over me go watch my write up of Tyrell Williams last year in week 2 right after Keenan Allen was lost for the season and measure that against his year end numbers.
Flacco has never thrown a 144 targets to a WR. Flacco likes his "binky" he is a dump off QB. Look for Woodhead, Watson and an olfd player to be named later to be the benefactors of all the vacated targets
12 Team Superflex
QB: Winston Flacco Kizer Peterman Rosen Tannehill
RB: Cook Conner Foreman Fournette Burkhead Yeldon Austin Grant Roc Thomas
WR: A Brown Coleman Funchess Enunwa Gallup Richardson
TE: Njouku Everett ASJ

12 Team
QB: Luck Mahommes
RB: Barkley Booker Conner Grant Duke Kerryon Alf AP Sproles Roc Thomas
WR:Berrios Carroo Enunwa Gallup Kirk Moncreif ROgers Tre'quan Sutton J Washington Chad &Tyrlel Williams
TE: Anderson Doyle Ebron Engram Hooper
2019-Two Firsts--Four Seconds

12 Team 1QB 2RB 3WR 2FX 1D 1K
QB: Cam Bradford Rosen
RB: Bell Guice Mack Buck Alllen Burkhead K. Johnson Abdullah Conner Walton
WR: Baldwin OBJ Golladay Alshon Funchess Kearse J Matt M Thomas K White K Cole Allen Hurns J Watson
TE: Gronk Anderson McDonald
D: Bengals

Warwick9
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Warwick9 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:13 pm

wow some people are short sighted, I agree it's padless practice, but the defense also doesnt have pads and can't keep up to Perriman. Has he really shown enough disappointment that people can already write him off as a true #1 WR? Ravens have never drafted 1, and imo will give Perriman every chance to prove that their rare 1st round investment(after a year of seasoning/a year of countless tough times with death of best friend/re-occurring injury and hospitalized father) has all the tools and now confidence to prove he was worth the pick.

the short sighted comment was due to the thought that "checkdown joe" has always been this way...pre-Trestman, he threw deep passes more than 95% of QBs in the league. Also, Pitta's career is done, so his long time buddy isn't there anymore for him to throw 4 yard passes to and fall down, now that will likely be Woodhead or Dixon catching them and getting YAC.

Warwick9
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Warwick9 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:17 pm

also Joe was coming off a knee injury and is now 1.5 years healed from said injury

jdomer2403
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdomer2403 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:20 pm

Warwick9 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:13 pm wow some people are short sighted, I agree it's padless practice, but the defense also doesnt have pads and can't keep up to Perriman. Has he really shown enough disappointment that people can already write him off as a true #1 WR? Ravens have never drafted 1, and imo will give Perriman every chance to prove that their rare 1st round investment(after a year of seasoning/a year of countless tough times with death of best friend/re-occurring injury and hospitalized father) has all the tools and now confidence to prove he was worth the pick.

the short sighted comment was due to the thought that "checkdown joe" has always been this way...pre-Trestman, he threw deep passes more than 95% of QBs in the league. Also, Pitta's career is done, so his long time buddy isn't there anymore for him to throw 4 yard passes to and fall down, now that will likely be Woodhead or Dixon catching them and getting YAC.
Never say never, Ravens drafted Mark Clayton in 2005 1st round and he was a WR.

All i am saying is don't let a 26 second video clip in padless practice crown him a WR1. He has speed which is undeniable but i am not sure i see the versatility to put up wr1 numbers.

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:27 pm

I understand the risk and I'm okay with it. Love what Bryant has done in that offense and what the Steelers offense can be this season. I do not see Perriman as a number one and if Decker or Maclin show up Perriman could have an even lower target share. I don't hate Perriman in any way and he could break out this season for sure. More of I prefer the Steeler's # 2 WR over what I see the Raven's #2 can be or worse if Decker or Maclin shows up. I prefer the Steeler offense as a whole over the Ravens.

Warwick9
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Warwick9 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:47 pm

Agreed that the Steelers offense is worthy of having 2 WRs and a RB put up top 15 numbers, but a little polish from a raw prospect when drafted and I see Perriman becoming more than Bryant can be with the Steelers.

The Ravens will establish more of a running game with Roman in town, in turn is expected to take a lot of play action deep shots to a go up and get it type WR which Torrey never was and Wallace isn't either...both Torrey and Mike need to be open to catch most contested, Perriman is faster than both and has the my ball mentality if covered. The sky is the limit for him imo. But it is just that, not many people share it, I guess we will see if the Ravens get him going in 2017 and beyond