Nothing to see here
46%

Total votes: 84

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Re: ASJ: Restart the hype train??

Postby _yeti » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:03 pm

Has everyone seen all the reports on ASJ dominating in camp and maybe becoming the Jets top option this year? Just saying... called it.

Don't call it a comeback, he's been here for years! (Just has been too drunk in the past) Haha
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:38 pm

I'm confused, thought you didn't like players that were all hype based on their measurables but that after 3 seasons in the NFL it hadn't materialized on the field despite opportunity.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:53 pm

Reljac wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:38 pm I'm confused, thought you didn't like players that were all hype based on their measurables but that after 3 seasons in the NFL it hadn't materialized on the field despite opportunity.
It's not based on measureables with him or Moncrief. It's called tape. Watch some and stop lumping everyone into the same category.

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:36 pm

Reljac wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:38 pm I'm confused, thought you didn't like players that were all hype based on their measurables but that after 3 seasons in the NFL it hadn't materialized on the field despite opportunity.
ASJ didn't get nearly as good an opportunity as Moncrief imo.
PLaying with McCown/Glennon and a rookie Winston in TB then with the Jets last year...not exactly a QB that can make you look good there. I mean Winston will be fine but as a rookie they really limited his exposure.

Talented but nearly drank his way out of the league...wouldn't shock me if he leads the Jets in targets this year especially if Hack gets any starts. May not be quality targets but could be lots of them
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:49 pm

I own him as well. Because i see the athleticism and opportunity. But lets be clear. He's been in the league as long as Moncrief. Failed to establish himself as a starter and had a catch rate on the field of 55%. He was cut for being a team cancer.

In 2015 alone his catch rate was 53.8% compared to Cameron Brates 76.7% which is more in line with NFL TEs. Even Luke Stocker had nearly a 70% catch rate on that team. These TEs had to deal with the same QBs and we don't have to make excuses for their stats.

It's asinine to claim there is tape that is so good you can be persuaded by it rather than his metrics and opportunity.
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:00 pm

Hard playing sports drunk or hungover which it sounds like much of his stay in TB...makes even great athletes look pretty average.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:05 pm

Yawn. As soon as guys start talking about "catch rate" I know who not to listen to. I already knew here, but... still

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:06 pm

_yeti wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:05 pm Yawn. As soon as guys start talking about "catch rate" I know who not to listen to. I already knew here, but... still
I knew better than to listen at the point you were being a hypocrite to your responses on other threads.

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:09 pm

maxhyde wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:00 pm Hard playing sports drunk or hungover which it sounds like much of his stay in TB...makes even great athletes look pretty average.
yep, so the hype is based on his metrics, new opportunity, and ability to quit his addiction and not relapse. If it weren't for his Metrics and we replaced his name with Luke Stockers, this wouldn't even be newsworthy :ewink:

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:50 pm

I might pick him up for dirt cheap if only because I don't know who else the Jets are going to pass the ball to.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:28 pm

The comparison to Moncrief isn't a good one because it usually takes a TE a few years to develop anyways.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:41 pm

Goddard wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:28 pm The comparison to Moncrief isn't a good one because it usually takes a TE a few years to develop anyways.
He's following me around every thread knocking my opinions because I don't believe in Moncrief but I shockingly can believe in other players that haven't broken out yet or have delayed developments.

To your point, I also agree.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:43 pm

Reljac wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:09 pm
maxhyde wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:00 pm Hard playing sports drunk or hungover which it sounds like much of his stay in TB...makes even great athletes look pretty average.
yep, so the hype is based on his metrics, new opportunity, and ability to quit his addiction and not relapse. If it weren't for his Metrics and we replaced his name with Luke Stockers, this wouldn't even be newsworthy :ewink:
Is college tape, awards, and production "metrics?" No, it isn't. That isn't what metrics is. Stop digging yourself into deeper holes

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:49 pm

Great buy low
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Postby wingnutty » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:20 pm

I have a feeling he develops and reaches at least some of his potential. It sounds like he's maybe turned things around, which would be awesome for him personally and for my FF teams, lol. Everyone deserves a second chance and it looks like he is honestly getting it and taking advantage. His alcohlism most certainly could have significantly impacted every facet of his life and I can only imagine how much it would hamper a rookie and 2nd year players ability to develop. I mean, they need to be watching lots of film, spending time studying playbooks and learning vast quantities of knowledge...drinking all the time might get in the way of that...

Let's hope he does turn it around.