Nothing to see here
46%

Total votes: 84

Sgtpsych
Role Player
Role Player

Re: ASJ: Restart the hype train??

Postby Sgtpsych » Sun May 28, 2017 6:27 pm

Dropped him to waivers last week. Been following. His problems are mentally as stated already. Time to move on.
Team 1-
12 team standard dynasty 6 pt - td, .1 per rushing yd, .1 per receiving yd. .04 per passing yd , 24 player roster
1 qb, 2 RB, 2 wr, 1 TE, 2 flex
QB-Russell Wilson, Tom Brady
RB-Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt,Thomas Rawls,Jerick McKinnon, Chris Carson, TJ Yeldon, Aaron Jones
WR-OBJ, AJG, NUK, ARob, Mike Williams, Josh Gordon, Marqise Lee, Willie Snead
TE- Jimmy Graham, Coby Fleener, George Kittle, Tyler Kroft
K- Harrison Butker
D-Carolina Panthers, Jags
2018 1st and 4th

Team 2-
QB- Winston, Prescott, Flacco
RB- Freeman, Fournette, Montgomery, Murray, Yeldon, Hightower, Washington, Procise, Lacy, Starks, Conner
WR- NUK, Doctson, Ross, Aghlor, Treadwell
TE - Engram, Davis
D- Giants,Chiefs
K- Gostkowski

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sun May 28, 2017 10:06 pm

Talent has never been an issue. If he can keep his head on straight, I don't see why he can't be productive. It's not unusual for a TE to break out after 3-4 years. Names that come to mind are Bennett and Walker.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon May 29, 2017 3:53 am

Delanie Walker has been a consummate professional his entire career, who was only underused as a pass-catcher in SF because he was hyper effective at blocking in a ball-control, run-heavy offense. And Bennett was drafted behind a still prime Jason Witten in Dallas.

The only thing that kept ASJ from succeeding in Tampa Bay was ASJ.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Mon May 29, 2017 5:25 pm

If it's worth anything....I think Barnige caught most of his passes when McCown was the QB.
I only play in 16x53 with 10+ taxi size leagues with full IDP. All are PPR and most value return yardage. So my opinions may be skewed To these deep roster leagues.

Dynasty Fantasy is not a game, it’s a full time hobby.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon May 29, 2017 6:52 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 3:53 am Delanie Walker has been a consummate professional his entire career, who was only underused as a pass-catcher in SF because he was hyper effective at blocking in a ball-control, run-heavy offense. And Bennett was drafted behind a still prime Jason Witten in Dallas.

The only thing that kept ASJ from succeeding in Tampa Bay was ASJ.
I partially disagree with this rundown of Bennett. I think Bennett has also held himself back to a lesser extent. Did you watch the Dallas year of Hard Knocks? Bennett was a rookie and was featured heavily as such. He was a 2nd round pick and his treatment was considerably better than that of the mid and late round bubble rookies the show heavily features.

The whole training camp Bennett moped and bucked the system like a teenager who doesn't want to be in school. I was a football player myself at the time and remember being very disgusted with how he treated the TE coach and rejected coaching. It was very diva-like. I think his crazy weirdness and relative lack of commitment (for a player of his stature) has actually held him back from achieving more with his physical abilities and size. I think his mindset is what has made him somewhat of a journeyman who isn't fondly remembered by organizations and also lead to his sporadic production and disappearances of his career.

I love Delanie Walker though. Such an underrated career.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Crwdstunna
Captain
Captain

Postby Crwdstunna » Mon May 29, 2017 10:02 pm

There is no "hype train" surrounding ASJ unless your definition of that is the opportunity to buy a player for free or to the tune of a 4th/5th round pick in 12 team rookie drafts. Anything more is foolish. He has a small shot and not much more here.
10 Team PPR Dynasty League (1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex) 2018 Champ
QB: B Mayfield- D Brees- M Mariota RB: A Kamara- M Ingram- Du Johnson- C Hyde- M Lynch- A Peterson- G Edwards- L Murray- C Warren WR: A Brown- D Hopkins- T Boyd- A Jeffery- S Shepard- N Agholor- D Moncrief- L Fitzgerald- M Goodwin TE: OJ Howard- D Goedert
16 Team PPR Dynasty League (1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE)
QB: B Roethlisberger- C Keenum RB: Da Johnson- P Lindsay- J White- F Gore WR: A Thielen- C Kupp- K Golladay- C Sutton- A Miller- Tr Smith TE: OJ Howard- D Goerdert- C Herndon- A Hooper

12 Team PPR Dynasty League (2QB 2RB 2WR 2TE 3FLEX)
QB: C Newton- M Mariota- M Trubisky RB: S Barkley- J Mixon- C McCaffrey- N Hines- C Clement- C Carson WR: S Watkins- J Landry- S Diggs- C Godwin- M Williams- M Lee- K Golladay TE: R Gronkowski- D Njoku- G Kittle- E Ebron

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Tue May 30, 2017 5:18 am

Crwdstunna wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 10:02 pm There is no "hype train" surrounding ASJ unless your definition of that is the opportunity to buy a player for free or to the tune of a 4th/5th round pick in 12 team rookie drafts. Anything more is foolish. He has a small shot and not much more here.
Ah but that's what I bought him for, and this post is the hype train leaving the station! Choo choooo

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Tue May 30, 2017 4:53 pm

Taking the Contarian side here, if the material ASJ's blockages to date have been mental / work ethic, what if he turned that around, supposedly out of sheer desperation? What non-Lagging metric would you use to determine that? It sure sounds like he's done elements of that already, i.e. significant weight loss, agent hyping, yes-sirring every challenge, mentoring from B-Marsh, etc. All of that could fade quickly fade away if not legit... then again, I'm just asking. If he really has overcome the mental hurdle(s) and committed to applying himself how would you know before he showed it? This is dynasty, right. i.e. correct predictions are rewarded handsomely. Ergo, he's worth a dart throw, especially in TE premium formats.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed May 31, 2017 5:46 am

(Rotoworld) Suspended Jets TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins revealed he's been clean and sober for 129 days.
Analysis: ASJ has battled a not-so-secret drinking problem since college. He quit on January 21 and attended outpatient rehab four times a week. Seferian-Jenkins "graduated" from rehab last week. "Knowing you need help and you don't go get it, that's the worst thing," he said. "I was scared to get help. I was scared and embarrassed to tell people I have a problem." Seferian-Jenkins has dropped 20-something pounds and says he's undergone a "transformation." He's apparently been lighting up OTAs.
This of course makes me worry about the ever-present threat of relapse with addiction, but at the same time, it explains a lot. If he truly has conquered his demons this might be a totally different ASJ than we have come to expect.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed May 31, 2017 8:20 am

ASJ's drinking issues were well known and it is why the Bucs cut him. If he has really embraced the issue I think you may want to buy or stash cheaply.
Alcohol has ruined many lives but ASJ has the ability to help your teams if he is mostly past the problems...probably worht a nearly free shot at this point, no?
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:36 am

Certainly not getting excited as it's late May but I am keeping tabs. Still own him in a lot of leagues. Even though the Jets haven't featured a tight end in years there is a new OC there and sneaky opportunity.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed May 31, 2017 8:53 am

12 teams or more and he should probably be owned.

TE premium no doubt he should be owned in all leagues.

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Wed May 31, 2017 9:11 am

Got him as a toss-in in a pick swap recently. I think he's as good or better dart throw than any rookie TE after the big 3 this year with the recent updates. There's opportunity and talent here and the price is cheap.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed May 31, 2017 9:42 pm

_yeti wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 5:46 am
(Rotoworld) Suspended Jets TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins revealed he's been clean and sober for 129 days.
Analysis: ASJ has battled a not-so-secret drinking problem since college. He quit on January 21 and attended outpatient rehab four times a week. Seferian-Jenkins "graduated" from rehab last week. "Knowing you need help and you don't go get it, that's the worst thing," he said. "I was scared to get help. I was scared and embarrassed to tell people I have a problem." Seferian-Jenkins has dropped 20-something pounds and says he's undergone a "transformation." He's apparently been lighting up OTAs.
This of course makes me worry about the ever-present threat of relapse with addiction, but at the same time, it explains a lot. If he truly has conquered his demons this might be a totally different ASJ than we have come to expect.
It is worth noting that he is legally required to not drink for most of that period, since he got 1 year of probation when he took the plea deal in February. But it is better than him still drinking, for sure :lol:
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed May 31, 2017 9:45 pm

seahawks506 wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 9:11 am Got him as a toss-in in a pick swap recently. I think he's as good or better dart throw than any rookie TE after the big 3 this year with the recent updates. There's opportunity and talent here and the price is cheap.
I would take Everett, Shaheen, and probably Jonnu Smith over him, but otherwise agree that he is worth a shot as much as any of the next guys.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...