How to Take Down the Powerhouse?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: How to Take Down the Powerhouse?

Postby spotxc » Thu May 25, 2017 10:30 am

build, build your team..always be improving and picking up valuable pieces though draft, free agency, trades etc..Have good relationships with other owners where you can always make moves, and then when the powerhouse comes to you because you've gathered all these valuable pieces and he wants one, and he's ruined his relationships with others due to his fleecing tactics, u hold strong and fleece the dog crap out of him, he's used to getting it easy, so u need to be patient. Usually once the previously fleeced owners realize their mistakes, they resent that owner and always think he's taking advantage of them and hence wont trade with him unless he goes above and beyond which he won't.

QuintorrisLopezJones
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby QuintorrisLopezJones » Thu May 25, 2017 12:56 pm

Just be better at fantasy. Problem solved!
10 Team League .5 PPR QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, 2FLEX, K, DEF
QB: Brees, Big Ben, Watson
WR: Julio Jones, AJ Green, Alshon Jeffery, DeVante Parker,Sammy Watkins, Michael Crabtree, Agholor
RB: Le'Veon Bell, Todd Gurley, Fournette, Lynch, Conner
TE: Travis Kelce , Hooper, Doyle
K: Bryant
DEF: JAX

JSylvester87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JSylvester87 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:15 pm

We are in a 16 team league (running 7-8 years) and the commissioner has David Johnson, Odell Beckham, Julio Jones and Mike Evans (Tom Brady etc). He has never won the league (karma).
War Eagle - 16 Team, going into year 9

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 TE/WR, 1K, 1D
QB: Patrick Mahomes, Dwayne Haskins, Mason Rudolph
RB: Le’Veon Bell, Dalvin Cook, Kerryon Johnson, Tony Pollard, Malcolm Brown
WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster, Odell Beckham, Michael Gallup, Sammy Watkins, Antonio Callaway
TE: Mark Andrews, Eric Ebron, Tyler Higbee
K: Will Lutz
D: Bears D
Champion 2012, 2013 , 2014 runner up, 2019 runner up.

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Thu May 25, 2017 4:14 pm

Yea beat them. I hate that mentality. I had a dynasty league that the commissioner quit because my team was so good.

I am getting that treatment in sig 1 too as I have been dominant since inception of the league.

Be better. I always remind owners of the deals I have lost because I take risks and move a lot. I hate it when people say " I don't want to make the best team better" grow some balls and care about your roster not the "beast" roster
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

Chandler Bing
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Chandler Bing » Thu May 25, 2017 4:59 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 5:27 pm i dont care what the other team looks like, if i can make a trade that improves my team in some way, im making it
Agreed

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu May 25, 2017 5:23 pm

I will disagree with the above posters in that it is always graded on a curve , you don't need the best dynasty team ever you do need to have the best one in your league. Making the best team better rarely is the way to close the gap , I could see rare instances where it is OK to do deals like that but I would tread carefully. People are slow to recognize their own shortcomings , sometimes other people can see them clearly and take advantage of our hubris.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

TheEastWest
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheEastWest » Fri May 26, 2017 7:08 am

As a long standing perceived Bully-Powerhouse the thing that worries me most is teams refusing to make trades with me. As it stands I tend to have to overpay to get deals to close .
Standard 10 man
QB Rogers - Big Ben- Jackson-
RB Gurley- Bell- Mixon - Conner- M Brown - Burkhead, Warren, Ballage
WR OBJ , Julio- AJG- Kupp- Sanders- John Brown- Allison- MVS- Hogan - T Williams- Humphries
TE- Ertz - Reed-

zounder
Role Player
Role Player

Postby zounder » Sun May 28, 2017 10:52 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 5:23 pm I will disagree with the above posters in that it is always graded on a curve , you don't need the best dynasty team ever you do need to have the best one in your league. Making the best team better rarely is the way to close the gap , I could see rare instances where it is OK to do deals like that but I would tread carefully. People are slow to recognize their own shortcomings , sometimes other people can see them clearly and take advantage of our hubris.
Even by trading with the best team, assuming both sides win the deal (which isn't guaranteed) you're, at worst, distancing yourself from literally every other team in the league, since they're not involved in the trade. So even if you're trading with the best team, it's still worth it. Furthermore, making your team better than the best team will likely involve trading with the best team and winning the trade. That closes the gap quickly. Yes, you could lose the trade, but not trading out of fear of losing is a whole other issue entirely.
-Nick Canzanese
@FF_NickCanz