2017 Running Back Report

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1258
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:52 pm

Re: 2017 Running Back Report

Postby ImaRounder » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:25 pm

GhostOfMasoli wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:16 pm
Just curious, when I see Foreman's highlights, it often appears like he's constantly running out of the Shotgun (hand in hand with the QB)...any positives or negatives to this?
I know this is Dd's thread but I'll just add my two cents on this... players coming from spread offenses and spend the majority of their time running out of the shotgun have a hard transition to the show. Simply because the timing and blocking schemes are completely different. Not saying players can't succeed but it's almost a different position (OG to OT; 3tech dl to 4). Players can Excel, absolutely but is very much a difference.

User avatar
Dynasty DeLorean
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5033
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:45 am

Re: 2017 Running Back Report

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:56 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:49 pm
Do you mind sharing your personal opinion on Ty Montgomery?
I'd be pretty surprised if he's still the starting RB there a year or two from now.

GhostOfMasoli wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:16 pm
Just curious, when I see Foreman's highlights, it often appears like he's constantly running out of the Shotgun (hand in hand with the QB)...any positives or negatives to this?
Interesting observation, although I wouldn't know about any positives or negatives stemming from that.

ThirdWW
Starter
Starter
Posts: 718
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:01 pm

Re: 2017 Running Back Report

Postby ThirdWW » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:33 pm

https://youtu.be/KfoZtJmZmjs

Dude should get extra points on the scale
.5 ppr, 4 QB td
QB 2RB 3WR TE FLEX K DL LB DB

QB - Jameis Winston, Andy Dalton
RB - David Johnson,Todd Gurley, Chris Thompson, Alex Collins, Rex Burkhead, Orleans Darkwa, Eddie Lacy
WR - Amari Cooper, Allen Robinson, Demaryius Thomas, Keenan Allen, Devante Parker, Laquon Treadwell, Zay Jones, Taywan Taylor
TE - Tyler Eifert, Travis Kelce, Eric Ebron, David Njoku

DL - Danielle Hunter
LB - Alec Ogletree
DB - Landon Collins

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1558
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:51 pm

Re: 2017 Running Back Report

Postby DrNoish » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:57 am

I hope you're right, I only had a shot at Foreman in one league so I pulled the trigger far earlier than I wanted (mainly because Perine was sniped, but that's neither here nor there.)
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE
QB- Mariota, Trubisky, Foles, McCown
RB- Bell, Howard, CJ Anderson, Conner
WR- A. Brown, Julio, Hopkins, Crabtree, Treadwell
TE- Ertz, Brate, Butt, Everett

QB- Rodgers, Kirk Cousins, Mahomes
RB- DJ, Hyde, Crowell, Breida, Joe Williams, Conner, Rawls
WR- Evans, Hopkins, Kupp, Shepard, Goodwin, Geronimo Allison, Tre'Quan Smith
TE- Hooper, ASJ

cazzie33
Starter
Starter
Posts: 523
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:37 pm

Re: 2017 Running Back Report

Postby cazzie33 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:53 am

Ohh Clarion the Contrarion, I agree 1000% !!

Stats don't tell the whole story is what I keep telling people that come up with their measurable comps or historical data to "PROVE" they're right. Sure it gives you added information to formulate your theories. But in the end there are many mitigating factors and variables that swing outcomes good & bad. Similar to the Chris Johnson injury opening the DJ door to opportunity so was the Arian Foster injury(and Kenyan Drake) key factors in the ascent of Jay Ajayi. Nothing at all to do with anything that would show up in his profile up till then. Everything was working against Ajayi up until then.In hindsight others will tell you they saw it coming based on some after the fact formula.

FFFAN
Starter
Starter
Posts: 569
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:32 pm

Re: 2017 Running Back Report

Postby FFFAN » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:25 am

Foreman's off to an excellent start.

User avatar
Dynasty DeLorean
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5033
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:45 am

Re: 2017 Running Back Report

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:14 pm

It's a marathon not a sprint.

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1558
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:51 pm

Re: 2017 Running Back Report

Postby DrNoish » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:52 pm

That's what all the people that go to Planet Fitness on pizza day say.
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE
QB- Mariota, Trubisky, Foles, McCown
RB- Bell, Howard, CJ Anderson, Conner
WR- A. Brown, Julio, Hopkins, Crabtree, Treadwell
TE- Ertz, Brate, Butt, Everett

QB- Rodgers, Kirk Cousins, Mahomes
RB- DJ, Hyde, Crowell, Breida, Joe Williams, Conner, Rawls
WR- Evans, Hopkins, Kupp, Shepard, Goodwin, Geronimo Allison, Tre'Quan Smith
TE- Hooper, ASJ

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:23 am

Re: 2017 Running Back Report

Postby Sterling Archer » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:26 am

Vendetta wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:42 pm
I'm so glad that I spent the time to read this thread. DD, thanks a million for the effort you did in putting this together. I've got my first draft on Saturday and sitting with the 1.01 and 1.12 and in need of RBs, (and WRs too for that matter) but I may just bookend the 1st round now with Fournette and Foreman. I've been having a helluva time trying to weigh the merits of Davis vs. Fournette at 1.01 for months now and this may have just made my mind up. :thumbup:
If Perine falls to 1.12, you'd be much better off with him than Foreman.

User avatar
Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:31 am

Re: 2017 Running Back Report

Postby Goirish374 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:32 am

Sterling Archer wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:26 am
If Perine falls to 1.12, you'd be much better off with him than Foreman.
shots fired!
follow the DLF Premium League (DLFPL) here: http://www23.myfantasyleague.com/2016/home/15795#0

Currently we are: celebrating Irishdoom's 2017 Championship!

Almanac:
2017 Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

The Thread That Started It All: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=84709 (warning: high drama!)

PurpleHAze20
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:37 pm

Re: 2017 Running Back Report

Postby PurpleHAze20 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:44 am

Sterling Archer wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:26 am
Vendetta wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:42 pm
I'm so glad that I spent the time to read this thread. DD, thanks a million for the effort you did in putting this together. I've got my first draft on Saturday and sitting with the 1.01 and 1.12 and in need of RBs, (and WRs too for that matter) but I may just bookend the 1st round now with Fournette and Foreman. I've been having a helluva time trying to weigh the merits of Davis vs. Fournette at 1.01 for months now and this may have just made my mind up. :thumbup:
If Perine falls to 1.12, you'd be much better off with him than Foreman.
Why anyone would want a rb that runs a 4.65 is beyond me. Perine is the defenition of slow plodder.

User avatar
IBall2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1228
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:28 pm

Re: 2017 Running Back Report

Postby IBall2 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:46 am

PurpleHAze20 wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:44 am
Sterling Archer wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:26 am
Vendetta wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:42 pm
I'm so glad that I spent the time to read this thread. DD, thanks a million for the effort you did in putting this together. I've got my first draft on Saturday and sitting with the 1.01 and 1.12 and in need of RBs, (and WRs too for that matter) but I may just bookend the 1st round now with Fournette and Foreman. I've been having a helluva time trying to weigh the merits of Davis vs. Fournette at 1.01 for months now and this may have just made my mind up. :thumbup:
If Perine falls to 1.12, you'd be much better off with him than Foreman.
Why anyone would want a rb that runs a 4.65 is beyond me. Perine is the defenition of slow plodder.
He's getting slower! He ran a 4.53 in high school recruiting camps. It's all downhill from here.

User avatar
spotxc
Captain
Captain
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:52 am

Re: 2017 Running Back Report

Postby spotxc » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:06 am

That's why u go with a top 10 drafted wr if he's there like John Ross. Or a first round te. Rather take bpa than reach on a risky rb

chipadelphia
Captain
Captain
Posts: 895
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: 2017 Running Back Report

Postby chipadelphia » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:13 am

spotxc wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:06 am
That's why u go with a top 10 drafted wr if he's there like John Ross. Or a first round te. Rather take bpa than reach on a risky rb
x2
EAGLES 10 Team Standard (1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/FLEX)
QB: Wentz, Cousins
RB: Fournette, Hunt, Mixon, Miller, Duke Johnson, Martin
WR: Hopkins, Evans, Hill, JuJu, Thielen, Anderson, M Williams, Westbrook, Treadwell
TE: Ertz, Howard, Clay
DEF: Jax
Don Julio 12 Team Standard (1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE No Flex)
QB: Brady, Keenum
RB: Da Johnson, Howard, McCoy, Miller, Martin, Ivory
WR: Julio, A Brown, Funchess, Flash Gordon, Agholor, Sanders, Maclin, Taylor, Henderson
TE: Reed, ASJ, Seals-Jones, Watson, Everett
Make America Gronk Again 12 Team TE Premium PPR (1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/FLEX/FLEX/FLEX)
QB: Newton, Stafford
RB: Ingram, Coleman, Lewis, Mack, Gore, Abdullah, Austin, J Williams
WR: Hill, Cooper, Baldwin, Galloday, Ross, Westbrook, Cole, Hollins, Hamilton
TE: Gronkowski, Howard, Andrews, I Thomas

PurpleHAze20
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:37 pm

Re: 2017 Running Back Report

Postby PurpleHAze20 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:24 am

chipadelphia wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:13 am
spotxc wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:06 am
That's why u go with a top 10 drafted wr if he's there like John Ross. Or a first round te. Rather take bpa than reach on a risky rb
x2
X3


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bellsbackupblounts, fakespike13, FantasyFreak, jman3134, SkinZ187 and 21 guests