2017 Running Back Report

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: 2017 Running Back Report

Postby Bot101 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:27 am

Yeah Fournette obviously top pick. But without my 1st I am hoping to get some gems. I already tried offering the Jones owner a 2nd and buck allen and it was rejected.

Like I mentioned above. Most in my league are difficult to trade with. They either want your stars for a handful of scrubs, wont respond to inquires or actual offers or flat reject anything you offer.

Ive txted multiple times to the owner who has my 1st, wont respond.

Foreman owner wont trade anyone he likes no matter what you offer. And low balls you badly when he makes offers.

A couple guys get irritated just starting trade talks.

One guy is 100% redraft oriented and cant see beyond this season. He doesnt even know anyone on my bench.

Everyone over values a 1st (one guy offered his 1st for Cooper and Kelce).

Sorry. Kind of a rant. But the draft went poorly for me and I decided to pull the plug and get a head start on a semi rebuild. However its hard to do that in this league so far.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:53 am

If not for the injury, Cook and Hunt would be in a tight battle for ORotY.

Injury aside to Cook, I was more worried about losing my Hunt ROY bet to Fournette and now even Watson. They looove to give awards to Qbs at any chance and I feel they will continue to be in shootouts, garbage time points etc. with their defensive injuries. Fournette just had his big break out game and even a semi-slow start behind an average Oline and Bortles still yielded a td per week. Cook had me worried too, but I knew their offense as a whole would stumble on the road per the norm, though he still may have gotten his. I think it may be more that I expected an injury from him, being a pessimist in that regard. Usually I hate predicting injuries, but my gut feeling was just that. Either way the ROY race should be interesting to say the least.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:12 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:27 am Yeah Fournette obviously top pick. But without my 1st I am hoping to get some gems. I already tried offering the Jones owner a 2nd and buck allen and it was rejected.

Like I mentioned above. Most in my league are difficult to trade with. They either want your stars for a handful of scrubs, wont respond to inquires or actual offers or flat reject anything you offer.

Ive txted multiple times to the owner who has my 1st, wont respond.

Foreman owner wont trade anyone he likes no matter what you offer. And low balls you badly when he makes offers.

A couple guys get irritated just starting trade talks.

One guy is 100% redraft oriented and cant see beyond this season. He doesnt even know anyone on my bench.

Everyone over values a 1st (one guy offered his 1st for Cooper and Kelce).

Sorry. Kind of a rant. But the draft went poorly for me and I decided to pull the plug and get a head start on a semi rebuild. However its hard to do that in this league so far.
That sounds EXACTLY like the league dynamics of my team 1 league. It's so freaking frustrating and saps the fun out of it. I'm actually strongly considering quitting the league, which I don't take lightly :/
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:22 pm

Bot101 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:27 am

I'm in a league like that and you simply have to be patient and continue to acquire good players. Often times leagues like this overvalue Rb's so give them what they want. Sell any non-elite RB for 1sts (or 2nds depending on the player) if you can, especially in a rebuild. I had the 1.02 this year (via trade) and wanted to move up for Fournette but the owner wouldn't budge. After the rookie draft I think I offered Cooper + 1st (before the season started) for Fournette and it was still an instant reject simply because he didn't want me to have Fournette on my team. It was an asinine reason but you just have to take your lumps and move on. There will be times when you can get a deal done, maybe fewer and farther between than in most leagues but there will be opportunities that you can capitalize on.

Friction wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:53 am If not for the injury, Cook and Hunt would be in a tight battle for ORotY.
Assuming good health, I feel more confident in Hunt being able to continue his pace of production than I do Watson. I agree, if it's close they'll give it to Watson. Even though it was his lowest YPC of the year, I was very impressed with Hunt's game against the Texans. It was tough sledding for most of the night but imo he played really well and put up a respectable stat line.

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:12 pm That sounds EXACTLY like the league dynamics of my team 1 league. It's so freaking frustrating and saps the fun out of it. I'm actually strongly considering quitting the league, which I don't take lightly :/
I agree, leagues like that aren't fun at all even if you have a great team. I'm in a superflex league with a bunch of DLF'ers and my team is horrible yet it's highly enjoyable for me.

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:26 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:53 am
DJB wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:49 am Once again DD you've been pretty bang on. Well done.
Badly underrated Hunt, currently missing with Foreman, completely faceplanted with Cook (the injury doesn't alter the fact he was a beast behind a mediocre O-line the first four weeks).
Bot101 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:41 am What are my chances of getting RBs like this in rnd 2? I dont have a 1st so I am a little worried. My league is difficult to trade with.
You want a no-brainer like Fournette from practically any class, you have to have 1.1 or 1.2, of course.

Hunt wouid've been the ideal target this year for virtually any draft position, but this model failed to rate him highly enough.

Mixon is a recommended buy-low. His PFF grade is excellent and all the more impressive for the fact that he's managing it with bad production. The tape-graders are saying he isn't leaving yards on the field. Better days are coming for Mixon. Might have to wait till '18 for it, but the Devonta Freeman owners that kept the faith through his rookie year behind a garbage O-line are laughing all the way to the bank now. Trust the tape, not the stats.

The injury is devastating, but Cook owners won't be selling him for anything short of a king's ransom, not after how he looked and performed the first four weeks. If not for the injury, Cook and Hunt would be in a tight battle for ORotY.

Foreman would've been a doable round 2 target in a lot of leagues. Of course, round 2 or even 3 turned out to be his deserving draft position. Foreman hasn't faceplanted, but Miller is comfortably outplaying him on tape. He's presently at no risk of losing his job to Foreman. Foreman owners have to 'hope' for a major injury.

Aaron Jones was there for the taking for anyone. Jamaal Williams had a lot of people fooled. Even I went from an early Aaron Jones table thumper, to a more cautious attitude closer to August as I warmed up to Williams. It would be very bold and a big risk, but I think offering an '18 2nd for Jones right now could payoff in a big way.
I think his report was for a multiple year period, not a 5 week window. With that in mind, I’d still be willing to pay for Hunt or Cook
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:45 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:22 pm
Bot101 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:27 am

I'm in a league like that and you simply have to be patient and continue to acquire good players. Often times leagues like this overvalue Rb's so give them what they want. Sell any non-elite RB for 1sts (or 2nds depending on the player) if you can, especially in a rebuild. I had the 1.02 this year (via trade) and wanted to move up for Fournette but the owner wouldn't budge. After the rookie draft I think I offered Cooper + 1st (before the season started) for Fournette and it was still an instant reject simply because he didn't want me to have Fournette on my team. It was an asinine reason but you just have to take your lumps and move on. There will be times when you can get a deal done, maybe fewer and farther between than in most leagues but there will be opportunities that you can capitalize on.

Friction wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:53 am If not for the injury, Cook and Hunt would be in a tight battle for ORotY.
Assuming good health, I feel more confident in Hunt being able to continue his pace of production than I do Watson. I agree, if it's close they'll give it to Watson. Even though it was his lowest YPC of the year, I was very impressed with Hunt's game against the Texans. It was tough sledding for most of the night but imo he played really well and put up a respectable stat line.

lukkynumber13 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:12 pm That sounds EXACTLY like the league dynamics of my team 1 league. It's so freaking frustrating and saps the fun out of it. I'm actually strongly considering quitting the league, which I don't take lightly :/
I agree, leagues like that aren't fun at all even if you have a great team. I'm in a superflex league with a bunch of DLF'ers and my team is horrible yet it's highly enjoyable for me.
Yeah Id love to do trade any non elite RBs. But no one even inquires when I put a player on the block. Dez, Cooper and Kelce. And I got zip. The only RBs I have are in sig. The only ones that generate interest are elite ones. The others wont even get a response.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:29 pm

Friction wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:53 am Injury aside to Cook, I was more worried about losing my Hunt ROY bet to Fournette and now even Watson.
I'm a Watson owner. I'm very pleased with the guy, but I don't believe he can keep up these stats. Once DCs get enough tape on him, I think we should see his performance dip. And Fournette will struggle with efficiency all season because he's gonna face stacked boxes all Sunday, every Sunday. I'm guessing he'll have one or two more games like last week, but mostly it's gonna be more games like Weeks 1 through 4.

Hunt, I suspect, will never struggle because that offense he's in is perfect for sustaining what he's doing, unless injuries wreck that O-line. I believe Cook had been the only other rookie with a shot at keeping pace with Hunt's numbers to the end of the year.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:07 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:29 pm
Friction wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:53 am Injury aside to Cook, I was more worried about losing my Hunt ROY bet to Fournette and now even Watson.
I'm a Watson owner. I'm very pleased with the guy, but I don't believe he can keep up these stats. Once DCs get enough tape on him, I think we should see his performance dip. And Fournette will struggle with efficiency all season because he's gonna face stacked boxes all Sunday, every Sunday. I'm guessing he'll have one or two more games like last week, but mostly it's gonna be more games like Weeks 1 through 4.

Hunt, I suspect, will never struggle because that offense he's in is perfect for sustaining what he's doing, unless injuries wreck that O-line. I believe Cook had been the only other rookie with a shot at keeping pace with Hunt's numbers to the end of the year.
Looks like Fournette had another big week, and Hunt struggled. :think:

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:08 pm

Ryantacular wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:07 pm Looks like Fournette had another big week, and Hunt struggled. :think:
Don't think you checked that box-score closely enough. :think:

Hunt had a 110 yards from scrimmage, dude. Even on a day when the opponent so dominated time of possession that Hunt was only able to get nine carries, he just goes for 5-89 as the team's #1 receiver, instead.

As for Leo, we know he's a stud, never been any doubt of that. But he has four games of 3.8, 2.9, 3.5, and 3.6 ypc through six weeks because Jax's offense is like a one-armed man. That isn't Leo's fault, but it's his cross to bear all the same.

Hunt has the #1 grade in PFF, btw. A 92. Fournette's overall grade so far is 83.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:52 pm

I get that Leo has been producing at a high level in terms of fantasy, but like ninotore said his yards per carry is worrisome a little because of the stacked boxes. Jax has completely taken away bortels ability to make a play. The seemed content handing the ball off while trailing the rams most of the game. I don't think you can go wrong with Leo or hunt.

I'm not a CMC guy by any means but I think he could be used even more in the passing game. Car has shown an inability to run the ball between the tackles, I think they should swing it out even more and get him in space.

Concept Coop
Starter
Starter

Postby Concept Coop » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:38 am

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:08 pm
Ryantacular wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:07 pm Looks like Fournette had another big week, and Hunt struggled. :think:

Hunt had a 110 yards from scrimmage, dude. Even on a day when the opponent so dominated time of possession that Hunt was only able to get nine carries, he just goes for 5-89 as the team's #1 receiver, instead.

As for Leo, we know he's a stud, never been any doubt of that. But he has four games of 3.8, 2.9, 3.5, and 3.6 ypc through six weeks because Jax's offense is like a one-armed man. That isn't Leo's fault, but it's his cross to bear all the same.

Hunt has the #1 grade in PFF, btw. A 92. Fournette's overall grade so far is 83.
It's worth pointing out that Hunt got those targets because West was out. West is clearly the passing down back right now. I like Hunt a good deal (even though I don't own him :cry: ), but doesn't save the game like that with a healthy West.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:40 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:08 pm

Yep...he collected that garbage time stat line we typically see for WR's...except the Chiefs have none and Hill/Kelce were blanketed all day. Good to be the go-to guy in any offense.

While I like Hunt and he is playing really well, what Fournette is doing in JAX is more impressive to me. The ypc means little to me but when teams in the NFL know you are coming in to run the ball and you still run the ball...that is impressive. It isn't as though the JAX Oline is above average or anything
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:33 pm

There seems to be a community wide disdain for the YPC statistic but I always see it used in these arguments to qualify opinions on player... :think: Make your minds up people!
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:37 am

GridironGuerilla wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:33 pm There seems to be a community wide disdain for the YPC statistic but I always see it used in these arguments to qualify opinions on player... :think: Make your minds up people!
When it fits the narrative they are pushing it is convenient you have to admit ;)
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Tennisbuck
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Tennisbuck » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:44 am

This is such an excellent thread and thanks DDL for all
Of your insights. I wish I would of seen this before my draft! Do you like any of the rookie rbs that might be in free agency. Matt days, Elijah Mc, Jamal Williams.
QB: Jimmy G,Mahomes, Andy Dalton, Brisset, and Stidham
RB: Zeke, Saquan, Dalvin Cook, Guice, J.Hill, and Damien Harris
WR: Diggs, DJ Moore, JuJu, Sutton, Fuller, Paris
TE:Hunter Henry, Irv Smith, Herndon