Postby DJB » Sun May 21, 2017 5:08 pm

Awesome stuff DD!!!!
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: 2017 Running Back Report

Postby AussieMate » Sun May 21, 2017 5:30 pm

Thanks dd, always enjoy the read. For people trying to pull apart the report, remember, DD doesn't have to release this report and doesn't ask for money (all donations were suggested by others not himself). If you go back and look up previous reports you'll find all the info DD is willing to share. You are free to disagree with players and in that case alter your ranking accordingly, for example I follow his report most years but I'm a fan of Gordon ( I like his work ethic, always trys to improve on things he gets wrong ) but I'm not going to argue the point here. What I'm saying is don't expect DD to explain himself about every little bit you don't like about the report.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun May 21, 2017 5:35 pm

Didn't mean this to sound like an attack on people, but last year there was alot of aggression towards the report and DD was debating whether he would bother with it again this year.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun May 21, 2017 5:39 pm

Every year guys get upset and question the process. DD youre the man! I'm trying to trade into the back of the first to pick up foreman now!
One difference between Charles and McCaffrey is the speed, McCaffrey is 4.48/9 Charles was 4.4 flat. That means while McCaffrey has better agility drills and can make people miss (with agility based moves) Charles can punish defenders much much harder once he gets free (which he does with his speed).

For me the pattern is size and/or speed, one cut type guys.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:08 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 5:39 pm Every year guys get upset and question the process. DD youre the man! I'm trying to trade into the back of the first to pick up foreman now!
No way you should have to draft him in the 1st
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:11 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 6:08 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 5:39 pm Every year guys get upset and question the process. DD youre the man! I'm trying to trade into the back of the first to pick up foreman now!
No way you should have to draft him in the 1st
My league really odd (fuller went top 5 last year, 3rd overall I believe) no chances I miss out on foreman. Plus they are RB whores so he very well could go that early
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Sun May 21, 2017 6:12 pm

This is interesting to me. I really respect your work DD, and I've been one of the high guys on Cook, and very low on Foreman, and now you have me second-guessing my scouting. I'm going to have to go back and re-examine. And the DLF Premium League's draft is in a week or so, so I better get cracking!

TTHTD
Captain
Captain

Postby TTHTD » Sun May 21, 2017 6:22 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 5:39 pm Every year guys get upset and question the process.
I mean I guess you have a point. We should all just start swallowing everything any person with a 'mysterious' system capable of an astoundingly implausible 80% accuracy says without question. Otherwise we would have to think for ourselves! and thinking is hard...

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun May 21, 2017 6:29 pm

One difference between Charles and McCaffrey is the speed, McCaffrey is 4.48/9 Charles was 4.4 flat. That means while McCaffrey has better agility drills and can make people miss (with agility based moves) Charles can punish defenders much much harder once he gets free (which he does with his speed).

For me the pattern is size and/or speed, one cut type guys.
The pattern is speed in relation to your weight and college production. For C-Mac and Cook, they're just not that fast for their height/weight. Many metrics people believe that elite speed is the biggest indictator of RB success. Rotoviz has a similar formula for their RB Prospect Lab, and coincidentally Leonard Fournette and D'Onta Foreman graded the highest.

I can see Cook still being a decent pro, but after we found out he wasn't as agile and explosive as we assumed, a lot of things went out the door.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sun May 21, 2017 6:35 pm

so marlon mack? elijah mcguire ? deangelo henderson? just curious
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:41 pm

TTHTD wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 6:22 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 5:39 pm Every year guys get upset and question the process.
I mean I guess you have a point. We should all just start swallowing everything any person with a 'mysterious' system capable of an astoundingly implausible 80% accuracy says without question. Otherwise we would have to think for ourselves! and thinking is hard...
Its just that DD has a system and it works (see the results) and he does not have to share. He does this out of the goodness of his heart, he gives his disclaimer as well as pros and cons for the players on the list, stud or dud. The over arching theme in the studly running backs is as Cameron said and I almost hit, the size adjusted speed. Basically the early NFL had it right, get the guy with the right size/speed combo and some skill and let him be a metric beast, and McCaffrey doesn't fit that mold. And as Mr. Delorean says, this is predictive and anything can happen, but looking at the trend of elite running backs metrics, McCaffrey doesn't fit.

Sorry for baring my teeth there, I just really appreciate that DD does this
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun May 21, 2017 6:50 pm

TTHTD wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 6:22 pm
It's not gospel, but something like this can be a tool that's apart of your personal scouting process if you understand the point.

A lot of things in the NFL can't be predicted solely on numbers. Numbers can't make coaches use RB's a certain way, or stop injuries, or make players want it more than others. It's simply saying these players (on paper) have the most transparent talent and college production to be difference makers.

If there's an RB you like and he's not on this list, that doesn't mean you should abandon him. If you trust your scouting and have done enough research to believe in the talent, then go for it.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun May 21, 2017 7:02 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 3:11 pm
Also had to take take SOMEONE at the dreaded 1.07 spot yesterday, and settled on Hunt. I hope he hits!
Holy crap! Good luck.

TTHTD wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 3:35 pm Just seems inconsistent. I think you're wrong about CMC,
It's not. Now i'm curious though, how many yards to you expect CMC to rush for in any given season? I was under the impression most people didn't think he would put up gaudy rushing numbers anyway, that most of his value lied in his ability to catch the ball.

kmbryant09 wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 4:34 pm Awesome awesome stuff, thank you!

Any notes you can share on Marlon Mack? I'm a fan of his tape and athleticism and trying to acquire him everywhere i can.

Thanks!
I think I watched a game or two of his months ago. I can't remember if it was Mack or McNichols, one of them seemed to be running backwards a lot but my memory is hazy on that. But anyway, didn't find anything of consequence, sorry. There's nobody on that depth chart though so anything can happen. Might have provided a little better details on Mack in an answer below as well.
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 6:29 pm I can see Cook still being a decent pro, but after we found out he wasn't as agile and explosive as we assumed, a lot of things went out the door.
Pretty much.
clarion contrarion wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 6:35 pm so marlon mack? elijah mcguire ? deangelo henderson? just curious
Elijah McGuire was actually really close to the "Dart Throw" grouping. Not quite though.

It's possible Marlon Mack could have been placed somewhere but he didn't do his agility testing so it's hard to say.

TTHTD
Captain
Captain

Postby TTHTD » Sun May 21, 2017 7:05 pm

I'm all for the work that's been done by DD, but presuming to not question someone else's ranking (especially when they won't even provide their reasoning) seems a bit silly to me and I'm skeptical of anyone who claims their system is more successful than any NFL scout has ever been at picking stud RBs. A system that can supposedly predict every stud RB over a decade sounds pretty far-fetched...
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 6:29 pm The pattern is speed in relation to your weight and college production. For C-Mac and Cook, they're just not that fast for their height/weight.
Then how was Le'Veon Bell predicted as a stud?

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 6:29 pm Many metrics people believe that elite speed is the biggest indictator of RB success. Rotoviz has a similar formula for their RB Prospect Lab, and coincidentally Leonard Fournette and D'Onta Foreman graded the highest.
That's not true. CMC scored 3rd - ahead of both Mixon and Fournette and they specifically cited his elite athleticism as a reason why: http://rotoviz.com/2017/04/2017-rb-pros ... vid=3vzy42

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun May 21, 2017 7:13 pm

TTHTD wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 7:05 pm A system that can supposedly predict every stud RB over a decade sounds pretty far-fetched...

Then how was Le'Veon Bell predicted as a stud?

:think: Me thinks someone has not read the entire report. I've pretty much answered both of those statements/questions already.