2017 Running Back Report

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: 2017 Running Back Report

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:12 pm

maxhyde wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:22 pm Miller is no Murray but Texans OLine is not TEN Oline either. Foreman is getting stuffed on runs just like Miller. He is making some ground on his catches but seems like the TExans should pay their left tackle if they want to run the ball
Yeah their run blocking is not good.

Check out the dolt who has an opportunity to block 2 players and blocks none :lol:

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:39 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:12 pm
maxhyde wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:22 pm Miller is no Murray but Texans OLine is not TEN Oline either. Foreman is getting stuffed on runs just like Miller. He is making some ground on his catches but seems like the TExans should pay their left tackle if they want to run the ball
Yeah their run blocking is not good.

Check out the dolt who has an opportunity to block 2 players and blocks none :lol:
wow that was brutal lol wtf was that dude doing?
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:49 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 1:08 pm

Christian McCaffery
Hesitant between the tackles when there is traffic, runs with little power. Good player in space. Ok, I’m just going to stop here because [Hot Take Incoming!] I’m not even convinced he’ll be a RB in the NFL. How many times have we heard “I think CMC was the best WR at the combine!” And you know what, maybe he was. Maybe he’s a WR.
Imagine if this actually happens? :pray:

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:07 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:49 pm

Christian McCaffery
Hesitant between the tackles when there is traffic, runs with little power. Good player in space. Ok, I’m just going to stop here because [Hot Take Incoming!] I’m not even convinced he’ll be a RB in the NFL. How many times have we heard “I think CMC was the best WR at the combine!” And you know what, maybe he was. Maybe he’s a WR.
That'd be exciting, I truly believe he'd be a productive, consistent WR2-3 in PPR leagues
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

Sgtpsych
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sgtpsych » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:43 pm

Looks like you were right about Aaron Jones. Guy looks great.
Team 1-
12 team standard dynasty 6 pt - td, .1 per rushing yd, .1 per receiving yd. .04 per passing yd , 24 player roster
1 qb, 2 RB, 2 wr, 1 TE, 2 flex
QB-Russell Wilson, Tom Brady
RB-Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt,Thomas Rawls,Jerick McKinnon, Chris Carson, TJ Yeldon, Aaron Jones
WR-OBJ, AJG, NUK, ARob, Mike Williams, Josh Gordon, Marqise Lee, Willie Snead
TE- Jimmy Graham, Coby Fleener, George Kittle, Tyler Kroft
K- Harrison Butker
D-Carolina Panthers, Jags
2018 1st and 4th

Team 2-
QB- Winston, Prescott, Flacco
RB- Freeman, Fournette, Montgomery, Murray, Yeldon, Hightower, Washington, Procise, Lacy, Starks, Conner
WR- NUK, Doctson, Ross, Aghlor, Treadwell
TE - Engram, Davis
D- Giants,Chiefs
K- Gostkowski

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:05 pm

Rosenbluu wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:07 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:49 pm

Christian McCaffery
That'd be exciting, I truly believe he'd be a productive, consistent WR2-3 in PPR leagues
I agree.

Sgtpsych wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:43 pm Looks like you were right about Aaron Jones. Guy looks great.
I did like him in that backfield, however it is worth noting none of the running backs in his approximated grouping have ever had a 1,000 yard rushing season. Of course that doesn't mean he can't break that barrier, but... expectations should probably be tempered a bit.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:40 pm

Im sad to report that I wasnt able to acquire Fournette, Foreman or Jones. Obviously Fournette was priced high. But the Foreman owner was surprisingly stubborn and wouldn't sell for anything I offered. And for some reason my brain skipped over Jones (because I was probably desperately trying to get Foreman) and he got swooped up by a manager whos favorite team happens to be the packers... awesome. I will be paying closer attention next year for any gems.

I do have Henry and Elliott from previous RB reports so I cant be too angry with myself.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:02 pm

Bot101 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:40 pm Im sad to report that I wasnt able to acquire Fournette, Foreman or Jones. Obviously Fournette was priced high. But the Foreman owner was surprisingly stubborn and wouldn't sell for anything I offered. And for some reason my brain skipped over Jones (because I was probably desperately trying to get Foreman) and he got swooped up by a manager whos favorite team happens to be the packers... awesome. I will be paying closer attention next year for any gems.

I do have Henry and Elliott from previous RB reports so I cant be too angry with myself.
What was the most you offered for Foreman?
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:11 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:02 pm
Bot101 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:40 pm Im sad to report that I wasnt able to acquire Fournette, Foreman or Jones. Obviously Fournette was priced high. But the Foreman owner was surprisingly stubborn and wouldn't sell for anything I offered. And for some reason my brain skipped over Jones (because I was probably desperately trying to get Foreman) and he got swooped up by a manager whos favorite team happens to be the packers... awesome. I will be paying closer attention next year for any gems.

What was the most you offered for Foreman?
I made several decent offers which I cant remember. He rejected all of them. So I said name your price. He said there is no price, he wont sell.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:30 pm

I feel it's almost always harder to trade for a player once they're on someone's roster. Getting them in the rookie draft is the optimal way to acquire them.

In any event, there's always next year's draft class Bot!

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:53 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:30 pm I feel it's almost always harder to trade for a player once they're on someone's roster. Getting them in the rookie draft is the optimal way to acquire them.

Very true

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:00 am

Valhalla wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:53 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:30 pm I feel it's almost always harder to trade for a player once they're on someone's roster. Getting them in the rookie draft is the optimal way to acquire them.

Very true
Yep...I think dlf_Jules wrote an article that the draft pick during the draft to land your guy is usually the cheapest way to acquire a rookie player you want.
You should look for it if interested...its a good read and worth the few minutes it will take to find it.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:49 am

Once again DD you've been pretty bang on. Well done. Looking forward to 2018
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:41 am

What are my chances of getting RBs like this in rnd 2? I dont have a 1st so I am a little worried. My league is difficult to trade with.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:53 am

DJB wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:49 am Once again DD you've been pretty bang on. Well done.
Badly underrated Hunt, currently missing with Foreman, completely faceplanted with Cook (the injury doesn't alter the fact he was a beast behind a mediocre O-line the first four weeks).
Bot101 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:41 am What are my chances of getting RBs like this in rnd 2? I dont have a 1st so I am a little worried. My league is difficult to trade with.
You want a no-brainer like Fournette from practically any class, you have to have 1.1 or 1.2, of course.

Hunt wouid've been the ideal target this year for virtually any draft position, but this model failed to rate him highly enough.

Mixon is a recommended buy-low. His PFF grade is excellent and all the more impressive for the fact that he's managing it with bad production. The tape-graders are saying he isn't leaving yards on the field. Better days are coming for Mixon. Might have to wait till '18 for it, but the Devonta Freeman owners that kept the faith through his rookie year behind a garbage O-line are laughing all the way to the bank now. Trust the tape, not the stats.

The injury is devastating, but Cook owners won't be selling him for anything short of a king's ransom, not after how he looked and performed the first four weeks. If not for the injury, Cook and Hunt would be in a tight battle for ORotY.

Foreman would've been a doable round 2 target in a lot of leagues. Of course, round 2 or even 3 turned out to be his deserving draft position. Foreman hasn't faceplanted, but Miller is comfortably outplaying him on tape. He's presently at no risk of losing his job to Foreman. Foreman owners have to 'hope' for a major injury.

Aaron Jones was there for the taking for anyone. Jamaal Williams had a lot of people fooled. Even I went from an early Aaron Jones table thumper, to a more cautious attitude closer to August as I warmed up to Williams. It would be very bold and a big risk, but I think offering an '18 2nd for Jones right now could payoff in a big way.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE