ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: 2017 Running Back Report

Postby ericanadian » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:55 pm

IBall2 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:46 am
PurpleHAze20 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:44 am
Sterling Archer wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:26 am

If Perine falls to 1.12, you'd be much better off with him than Foreman.
Why anyone would want a rb that runs a 4.65 is beyond me. Perine is the defenition of slow plodder.
He's getting slower! He ran a 4.53 in high school recruiting camps. It's all downhill from here.
He's seemingly lost weight since high school as well. Could be lingering effects of his injury. If he can get back to something in the 4.5 range, he could be a solid back.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:12 pm

Texans rookie RB D'Onta Foreman tested negative for marijuana.

Source: Houston Chronicle

So....That's at least some good news. At least this won't land him in "The Program".
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:39 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:12 pm Texans rookie RB D'Onta Foreman tested negative for marijuana.

Source: Houston Chronicle

So....That's at least some good news. At least this won't land him in "The Program".
Yeah definitely good news. He could still get in trouble legally though. Hopefully this is a wake up call and he'll avoid situations that could lead to this again.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:46 am

I should mention that Corey Clement is the only player I have data for that profiles similarly to Alfred Morris. I was going to elaborate on that and make my little scouting notes and edit that in to the OP but never got around to it. There was some buzz on Clement earlier and I think he's worth a dart throw. With Ryan Mathews now gone, Corey is the only big back on that roster outside of Blount and there's no guarantee of Blount being productive or staying healthy.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:15 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:46 am I should mention that Corey Clement is the only player I have data for that profiles similarly to Alfred Morris. I was going to elaborate on that and make my little scouting notes and edit that in to the OP but never got around to it. There was some buzz on Clement earlier and I think he's worth a dart throw. With Ryan Mathews now gone, Corey is the only big back on that roster outside of Blount and there's no guarantee of Blount being productive or staying healthy.
I am not a fan of Clement but that depth chart is wide open and widely unproven, outside of Blount. The Eagles offensive line should be really good too so I could potentially see a perfect storm opportunity for Clement to become the starter and have success.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:21 am

Really surprised by the number of people surprised that Foreman came out so highly ranked. He ranked #1 in Rotoviz's RB model, he ranked highly in Chad Parson's model..any big RB who runs 4.5 and has a 2,000 yard season on his resume is obviously going to score well in any projection model. People need to stop dismissing him so easily. Who doesn't want a fast 230 pound running back? Bellcow potential.

On a side note, the Texans have an out next year with Lamar Miller who I believe will be the 4th highest paid RB (6.7 cap hit) going into next season. They can get out of his contract though with 2 mill in dead cap. Bye felicia.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:00 am

Foreman could work out for sure but the 'model' is heavy size/speed which makes sense in many ways. I watched about 3 games and moved him way down. Foreman is a good size speed guy but I didn't see that innate toughness I want in RB's. Good size speed works fantastic in college and there are literally dozens of examples of those advantages not being enough on their own to succeed in the NFL. Anyway interesting and divisive prospect. I own him a few places so I am not anti-Foreman just suspect that he may have to change his game some to succeed in the NFL
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:42 am

maxhyde wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:00 am Foreman could work out for sure but the 'model' is heavy size/speed which makes sense in many ways. I watched about 3 games and moved him way down. Foreman is a good size speed guy but I didn't see that innate toughness I want in RB's. Good size speed works fantastic in college and there are literally dozens of examples of those advantages not being enough on their own to succeed in the NFL. Anyway interesting and divisive prospect. I own him a few places so I am not anti-Foreman just suspect that he may have to change his game some to succeed in the NFL
I recall liking David Johnson until I read a lot that he played smaller than his size in college. Not calling Foreman the next Johnson, but that are both big and fast and had/have questionable toughness.
The standard is the standard.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:16 pm

maxhyde wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:00 am I watched about 3 games and moved him way down. Foreman is a good size speed guy but I didn't see that innate toughness I want in RB's.
Hmm not saying you're wrong, everyone sees the game differently and your opinion is one shared by others which is why he's being drafted mid-late 2nd. But I watched at least 7 of his games and in my opinion he displayed plenty of inside running, toughness, and tackle-breaking. I try to watch as many games as I can for each player because when it comes to small sample sizes you can watch one set of a games from a player that might look completely different from another set.

Defender wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:42 am
I recall liking David Johnson until I read a lot that he played smaller than his size in college. Not calling Foreman the next Johnson, but that are both big and fast and had/have questionable toughness.
They're clearly not the same player, however I feel like they share a key similarity that most are not interpreting correctly. Many didn't fully understand David Johnson's patience as a runner (something that should have been a positive was spun into a negative "can't run inside" attribute) and in my opinion they're making the same exact mistake with Foreman.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:52 pm

Defender wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:42 am
maxhyde wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:00 am Foreman could work out for sure but the 'model' is heavy size/speed which makes sense in many ways. I watched about 3 games and moved him way down. Foreman is a good size speed guy but I didn't see that innate toughness I want in RB's. Good size speed works fantastic in college and there are literally dozens of examples of those advantages not being enough on their own to succeed in the NFL. Anyway interesting and divisive prospect. I own him a few places so I am not anti-Foreman just suspect that he may have to change his game some to succeed in the NFL
Didn't see the same thing with Johnson when I was looking at him. Similar size/speed but different players from what I watched
I ended up with him in many leagues i had picks because I made a point of drafting him a bit early rather than miss out so maybe I will miss out on Foreman...in many leagues but I don't feel that way now.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Confined1
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Confined1 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:02 pm

dont agree with much of what you said at all, and i feel like im smarter
10 Team PPR Dynasty League

"Run CMC"

QB: Kirk Cousins

RB: Christian McCaffrey

RB: David Montgomery

WR: Keenan Allen

WR: Mike Evans

TE: Travis Kelce

Flex: Stefon Diggs

K: Harrison Butker

D: Vikings

Bench: Mitchell Trubisky, Phillip Lindsay, Devin Singletary, Derrius Guice, Justice Hill, Calvin Ridley, Terry McLaurin, AJ Brown, Dallas Goedert

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:26 am

Confined1 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:02 pm dont agree with much of what you said at all, and i feel like im smarter
It's not clear who exactly you disagree with since you didn't reference or quote. And if you're smarter, you'll figure out a way to clean up your signature so it doesn't take up half a page each time you post.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:44 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:26 am
Confined1 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:02 pm dont agree with much of what you said at all, and i feel like im smarter
It's not clear who exactly you disagree with since you didn't reference or quote. And if you're smarter, you'll figure out a way to clean up your signature so it doesn't take up half a page each time you post.
He could try for some punctuation and proper sentence structure, as well. It would help everyone understand the genius in our presence. :D

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Postby jimmychoi » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:46 am

:shock: Humble indeed.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:26 am

Sarcasm?
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06