Perkins versus rookies

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Perkins versus rookies

Postby smallxl » Sun May 21, 2017 4:04 am

I always find it interesting to see where people rank the second year guys in relation to rookies? where do you guys see Perkins?

I got an offer for Perkins for my 2.09. Is Perkins really that much better than McNichols, Gallman, joe williams, Connor?

These are the guys still available in my league and my 2.09 pick is coming up -
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Perkins versus rookies

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun May 21, 2017 4:32 am

As prospects, I like McNichols more than Perkins. However, any one of those RB's would be more valuable than the rest if an NFL coach named them the starter after the draft. I would take Perkins over 2.09, because it's a low investment for high opportunity. Even if Perkins sucks, you shouldn't care that you didn't get a late 2nd for him.

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Sun May 21, 2017 4:34 am

My thought also was that Perkins in value is worth more than the 2.09

And my team lacks any depth at RB in that league. Thanks.
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

jeaton6
Captain
Captain

Postby jeaton6 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:39 am

Dont like Perkins but he's worth more
Team 1 (Sunday Collisions): 12 Team PPR: QB/2 RB/3 WR/TE/Flex 27 Roster
**6 straight championships**
QB: Allen, Watson, Prescott, Purdy, Darnold, Ridder
RB: Taylor, Ekeler, Mixon, Cook, Mattison, Kelley, Blackshear
WR: Adams, Diggs, Devonta Smith, Diontae Johnson, Richie James, Van Jefferson, Landry, Duvernay
TE: Kelce, Ruckert
PK: Bass, Dicker
DEF: Ravens, Jets, Chiefs, Bucs
2023 Picks: 2.5

Team 2 (Shakeweight): 12 Team PPR: QB/2 RB/3 WR/TE/Flex 25 Roster, 3 man rookie taxi

QB: Burrow, Cousins
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Jacobs, Gibson, Dillon, Patterson, Mason, Blackshear, Hilliard
WR: Tyreek, Juju, Diontae Johnson, Thielen, Bateman, Claypool, Landry, Corey Davis, Thornton
TE: Kelce, Hockenson, Engram
PK: Gano, Succop
DEF: Jets, Bucs
Taxi: Airton, Likely, Ferguson
2023 Picks: 1.3, 1.5, 1.10, 2,3, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Sun May 21, 2017 6:40 am

At least Perkins is starting. The others need something to happen to have a chance at starting. Perkins pretty easily here.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Sun May 21, 2017 9:03 am

smallxl wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 4:04 am I always find it interesting to see where people rank the second year guys in relation to rookies? where do you guys see Perkins?

I got an offer for Perkins for my 2.09. Is Perkins really that much better than McNichols, Gallman, joe williams, Connor?

These are the guys still available in my league and my 2.09 pick is coming up -
No.

People fall in love with situations. Happens every year.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun May 21, 2017 10:08 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 9:03 am People fall in love with situations. Happens every year.
One could also make the reverse argument and say "people fall in love with a name (or a rookie)". Look at the number of obvious trades giving up a top pick for an elite player that get posted on here and the pick owner is hesitant.

I'm not a Perkins fan but he was moved in my league for 2.03.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

spider321
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby spider321 » Sun May 21, 2017 1:08 pm

Perkins' opportunity is what you HOPE for with the guys you mentioned.

He is most definitely worth more than any of them, unless you are convinced that one of them is a far superior talent. I do not believe that is the case here.

Keep Perkins.
12 Team Standard Dynasty - QB, RB, 2WR, 2Flex, K, 3IDP (WR and TE are the same)

QB - Patrick Mahomes, Trevor Lawrence
RB - Bijan Robinson, Christian McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard. Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, Rachaad White, D'Andre Swift
WR - Justin Jefferson, Ja'Marr Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Jerry Jeudy, Kyle Pitts, George Pickens, Jameson Williams, Kadarius Toney
K - Daniel Carlson
IDP - Nick Bolton, Devin White, Derwin James

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun May 21, 2017 1:15 pm

Situation isn't everything, but when we're talking about a bunch of guys that are pretty much dart throws anyway a guy that will at least get a chance to start and prove it on the field is a pretty big head start.

There isn't a good hit rate on 4th/5th round RBs, even ones that get an opportunity to start. But I bet if we pulled out just that group of guys that went into a season as the lead back their hit rate would be quite a bit higher than the overall total of all 4th/5th round RBs. At least we already know that Perkins isn't going to follow the same path of Tyler Ervin and those guys that never really even get a chance.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon May 22, 2017 8:10 am

Gallman has the exact opportunity Perkins has except Perkins has a year of NFL experience...makes him the favorite but by no means a lock. The GMen brought in Draughn that could end being a bigger role player than some may imagine and Vereen is healthy...overall Giants backfield is a mess but someone will get carries/rec there
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Igwebuike 4 Prez
Starter
Starter

Postby Igwebuike 4 Prez » Tue May 23, 2017 2:24 am

Perkins is better than Gallman, Williams, and Conner.

Perkins and McNichols are close. McNichols may end up being the best of them all. He is a solid all-around back.

If I'm offered Perkins for 2.09, I'm taking it. None of the available rookie RBs are so much better that I want them over the combination of Perkins' skill set and established role.

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Tue May 23, 2017 4:15 pm

onetwothree wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 6:40 am At least Perkins is starting. The others need something to happen to have a chance at starting. Perkins pretty easily here.
He's starting in certain packages. Shane Vereen will get a ton of work from certain formations and will almost certainly be the 3rd down back. Gallman's strengths line up perfectly with what the Giants want to do. Yes, Perkins is the starter today but I don't think that is a strong grip we're talking about. Best case scenario for Perkins in my mind is that he gets the larger percentage of the carries in a three headed committee.