D'Onta Foreman, buy him now?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: D'Onta Foreman, buy him now?

Postby Vcize » Thu May 25, 2017 8:16 am

ninotoreS wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 11:06 pm - Speaking as a former baseball player, I don't think it's implausible those balls are traveling 50~ mph. That angle also makes it look slower, I think.
Speaking as a former baseball player, you're drunk ;). Those balls were floating in there.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu May 25, 2017 8:19 am

JohnZoidberg wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 8:14 am After Foreman ran his Pro-Day 40, wasn't he was being talked about as a Top 12 Rookie Pick (size and speed not seen in the last decade)....at least from what I was seeing he was.

But now, people have become infatuated with Perine, Hunt and Kamara (Perine being the only one I'd take of the 3 FWIW) but Lamar Miller was a 4th Round Pick and has his own issues staying healthy and being a legit bellcow for Houston. While I'm bummed the hype has built up so much now for Foreman, I don't think taking him with an early 2nd is a waste at all....maybe now with Kamara, Hunt, Perine, that affords you the chance to trade back a few picks, still get him and add-on another 17 or 18 pick.
Yes I think Foreman was ahead of at least Perine/Hunt on most boards, and probably 50/50 with Kamara. Situation is what bumped him down below them.

I guess it depends on how much you factor in situation. I'm typically of the opinion that it makes a big difference on these later round guys since they're mostly dart throws anyway, but I like Foreman enough to trump that and put him above those guys despite having the least opportunity for playing time.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:38 pm

James McGhee wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 7:36 am So if I have the 2.01 and the 3.11 ... Should I just pass on him altogether? (First team in signature). Sounds like 2.01 is considered too high to take him by some but at the same time may be too late. If he's there I think I'd take him over the other talent that has ADP around the first-second round turn.
He would be my pick at 2.1 unless Njoku was there. But that's just me. You should consider trading down a couple spots and picking up some extra capital perhaps.

SlimJim958
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby SlimJim958 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:11 pm

I plan on taking Foreman at 1.09 in my rookie draft. Don't think I want to risk trading back and missing him. Nice report DD!

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Fri May 26, 2017 12:23 am

All this hype about Foreman and Miller can't carry the load in a terrible offense and OL yet Gurley still a top asset that had a worse year i'm trying to understand the logic yet I cannot haha
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri May 26, 2017 5:53 am

broncohead wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 12:23 am All this hype about Foreman and Miller can't carry the load in a terrible offense and OL yet Gurley still a top asset that had a worse year i'm trying to understand the logic yet I cannot haha
PFF ranked Houston's O-line as 18th overall in the league, so I wouldn't call them terrible but they definitely weren't the best. Pair that with a rookie QB and I'm sure their O-line will be put to the test but I don't see it as bad as Gurley. For what it's worth, the Cardinals/Dolphins/Chargers all ranked in 25th or worse for O-line last year but all had RB1's in the backfield.

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Fri May 26, 2017 6:03 am

Curtis Samuel + 2018 2nd too much for Foreman?
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

keebs3
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby keebs3 » Fri May 26, 2017 8:54 am

I offered Shepard for Foreman + 2018 3rd and still couldn't get him...
The Usurpers-10 team-.5PPR-1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX
Adopted/Rebuilt 2016-2017 | 2018 Runner up

QB: Deshaun Watson -Cam Newton | Baker Mayfield | Daniel Jones
RB: Saquon Barkley | David Johnson -Breida | Duke | Armstead | D. Harris | J. Samuels
WR: DeAndre Hopkins | Keenan Allen | Stefon Diggs -Christian Kirk | JJAW | James Washington | Hurd
TE: Hunter Henry -Austin Hooper | Irv Smith Jr.

Warriors of the Scarlet Eye-10 team-PPR-Best Ball League-2QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLEX
Est. 2017 | 2018 League Champion :trophy: | 2019 Runner up

QB: Russell Wilson | Baker Mayfield -Carson Wentz
RB: Joe Mixon | Dalvin Cook | Nick Chubb -Mark Ingram | Royce Freeman | Justice Hill | Matt Breida | Bernard | Jonathan Williams
WR: Davante Adams | Mike Evans | Julio Jones -Sammy Watkins | John Brown | DeVante Parker | Deebo Samuel | Nelson Agholor | Terry McLaurin
TE: Evan Engram -Hunter Henry | Ian Thomas | Jacob Hollister

TTHTD
Captain
Captain

Postby TTHTD » Fri May 26, 2017 10:37 am

Ya'll have lost your minds lol. Now is definitely the worst time to even try to buy Foreman - I wouldn't even want to show interest in the dude yet if I wanted him. His value is propped up by rookie hype. If you want him for anything resembling reasonable wait until the season starts when people value actual production and backup RBs are priced more like backup RBs and less like future RB1s.

His hype is such that if he even has a 'justaverage preseason' it'll dent his value as people come back down to earth. Be patient, he'll deflate. This reminds me so much of Booker last season lol.

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Fri May 26, 2017 8:54 pm

IBall2 wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 5:53 am
broncohead wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 12:23 am All this hype about Foreman and Miller can't carry the load in a terrible offense and OL yet Gurley still a top asset that had a worse year i'm trying to understand the logic yet I cannot haha
PFF ranked Houston's O-line as 18th overall in the league, so I wouldn't call them terrible but they definitely weren't the best. Pair that with a rookie QB and I'm sure their O-line will be put to the test but I don't see it as bad as Gurley. For what it's worth, the Cardinals/Dolphins/Chargers all ranked in 25th or worse for O-line last year but all had RB1's in the backfield.
It's safe to say those 3 teams also had a better starting QB and supporting cast which plays a role.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri May 26, 2017 9:21 pm

TTHTD wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 10:37 am Ya'll have lost your minds lol. Now is definitely the worst time to even try to buy Foreman - I wouldn't even want to show interest in the dude yet if I wanted him. His value is propped up by rookie hype. If you want him for anything resembling reasonable wait until the season starts when people value actual production and backup RBs are priced more like backup RBs and less like future RB1s.

His hype is such that if he even has a 'justaverage preseason' it'll dent his value as people come back down to earth. Be patient, he'll deflate. This reminds me so much of Booker last season lol.
I realize that Booker ended up being a bust in the end but he is a counter example, not an example, to what you're suggesting people do with Foreman. Booker's value went UP in-season, not down, at least until he fell flat on his face and no one wanted to buy him any more.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Sat May 27, 2017 10:47 am

TTHTD wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 10:37 am Ya'll have lost your minds lol. Now is definitely the worst time to even try to buy Foreman - I wouldn't even want to show interest in the dude yet if I wanted him. His value is propped up by rookie hype. If you want him for anything resembling reasonable wait until the season starts when people value actual production and backup RBs are priced more like backup RBs and less like future RB1s.

His value is inflated by rookie hype yet numerous people here already stating they got him in the 3rd round. That makes no sense.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat May 27, 2017 11:08 am

Chris_R wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 10:47 am

His value is inflated by rookie hype yet numerous people here already stating they got him in the 3rd round. That makes no sense.
He's gone in the 3rd in all 3 leagues in in. Those drafts were anywhere from a month to a week ago
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

TTHTD
Captain
Captain

Postby TTHTD » Sat May 27, 2017 11:13 am

Chris_R wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 10:47 am

When a guy is going in the 3rd in some drafts and a whole bunch of people start getting excited about his potential all at once and now this same guy that was going for a 3rd cant be bought for less than a mid 1st even though he literally hasn't done anything to deserve it except show up to practice out of shape and get injured - that is about as rookie hype as it gets lol. Hope it makes sense to you eventually. Dude is worth maybe a mid 2nd imo. If he's selling for more than that it's due to rookie hype.

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Sat May 27, 2017 11:19 am

bought him at 2.08. well worth the gamble that late.