Jay Ajayi value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Vcize
Starter
Starter
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Re: Jay Ajayi value

Postby Vcize » Thu May 18, 2017 5:54 pm

ninotoreS wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 4:04 pm
I won't project him ahead of Bell or DJ even in my wildest dreams because he doesn't catch passes like they do
I agree it's not likely he suddenly catches 70 balls, but I don't think the above statement is necessarily accurate. Ajayi didn't catch passes like they do last year, I wouldn't necessarily say yet that he "doesn't".

Ajayi caught 50 passes in his final year at Boise. That is an insane number of receptions for a RB in college. Far more than Bell or Johnson ever caught in a season in college. More than Faulk ever caught, or Ray rice, or Reggie Bush, Theo Riddick, Christian McCaffrey, Ladainian Tomlinson, and on and on.

The only person I could find that even comes close is Steven Jackson, who caught 44 in a season.

He has the hands, they just need to decide to use him that way.
Team 1 (12 team PPR TE Premium, q/r/r/w/w/f/f/t/k/d)

QB: Luck, Wentz, Garropolo
RB: Hunt, Ajayi, Thompson, White, Foreman, Charles, Rodgers
WR: Beckham, Cooks, ARob, Benjamin, Moncrief, Richardson, Amendola
TE: Fiedorowicz, Watson, Miller, Fells
K: Lutz
Def: Denver

ninotoreS
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3179
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Re: Jay Ajayi value

Postby ninotoreS » Thu May 18, 2017 6:00 pm

ericanadian wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 5:51 pm
Foster was clearly brought in to supplant Ajayi.
Foster was brought in because Ajayi was dropping every pass thrown to him, and Drake was injured all offseason. And so Miami panicked. I'll grant you CJA, but bear in mind Gase and CJA were buddies in Denver, and that had more to do with Gase's pursuit of him than anything else.

But regardless, you're misreading what I said. I talked about the draft. I talked about what actions (or inaction, in this case) plainly infer about Miami's view of Ajayi's knee health. As I said, if it's a time-bomb, Miami would've done more than just give CJA an offer-sheet, sign a dead-legged veteran, draft an RB with a profile and college resume that screams lead-back incapable, play hard-ball with Damien Williams in restricted free-agency, and ignore the RB position completely in this year's draft. Miami has had ample opportunity to draft or sign young, workhorse capable insurance for Ajayi. They haven't. The implication, if we assume Gase and Miami's front-office are competent, is clear.
"The only definite thing about life is that spiders crawl into your nose when you're sleeping."
- Mahatma Gandhi, 1949 CE

jtd1387
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:26 pm
Location: Nagoya, JP

Re: Jay Ajayi value

Postby jtd1387 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:52 pm

Vcize wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 5:54 pm
ninotoreS wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 4:04 pm
I won't project him ahead of Bell or DJ even in my wildest dreams because he doesn't catch passes like they do
I agree it's not likely he suddenly catches 70 balls, but I don't think the above statement is necessarily accurate. Ajayi didn't catch passes like they do last year, I wouldn't necessarily say yet that he "doesn't".

Ajayi caught 50 passes in his final year at Boise. That is an insane number of receptions for a RB in college. Far more than Bell or Johnson ever caught in a season in college. More than Faulk ever caught, or Ray rice, or Reggie Bush, Theo Riddick, Christian McCaffrey, Ladainian Tomlinson, and on and on.

The only person I could find that even comes close is Steven Jackson, who caught 44 in a season.

He has the hands, they just need to decide to use him that way.
How about Jeremy McNichols with 51 at Boise the following year?

Also, Ajayi's reception total was a bit skewed that year by the 12 catch game against Ol' Miss. BSUs gameplan was to use swing pass to offset Mississippi's strong run defense. My memory is that it wasn't any display of amazing route running or hands. Just good game planning that Mississippi didn't adjust to well. Outside of that game, his receiving numbers were a tick better than Doug Martin or Ian Williams at Boise, and a tick below McNichols.

I do think Ajayi has more receiving ability than he showed last year, but I don't think he's going to come anywhere close to what Bell and DJ do.
Oldest- 12tm PPR QRRWWWT (est. 2002)
Q: Rivers, Taylor, Lynch
R: Zeke, Miller, Henry, Kamara, McNichols, Burkhead, Langford
W: OBJ, AR15, Cooks, Mike Williams, Tyrell Williams, John Ross, Fuller, JJ Nelson, R. Anderson, T. Taylor
TE: Walker, Everett, J. Smith, Higbee
2013, 2014, 2016 Champ :dance:


Biggest $ - 12tm PPR
QRWWWTFF (est. 2014)
Q: Brees, Winston
R: Ajayi, Henry, Abdullah, Blount, Lewis, Drake, Booker
W: Evans, Watkins, Cooks, Baldwin, Parker, Woods, Dorsett, Gordon
T: Bennett, ASJ
Week 14 low scorer, 2 years running :wall:

ericanadian
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3701
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Re: Jay Ajayi value

Postby ericanadian » Fri May 19, 2017 3:57 am

ninotoreS wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 6:00 pm
ericanadian wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 5:51 pm
Foster was clearly brought in to supplant Ajayi.
Foster was brought in because Ajayi was dropping every pass thrown to him, and Drake was injured all offseason. And so Miami panicked. I'll grant you CJA, but bear in mind Gase and CJA were buddies in Denver, and that had more to do with Gase's pursuit of him than anything else.

But regardless, you're misreading what I said. I talked about the draft. I talked about what actions (or inaction, in this case) plainly infer about Miami's view of Ajayi's knee health. As I said, if it's a time-bomb, Miami would've done more than just give CJA an offer-sheet, sign a dead-legged veteran, draft an RB with a profile and college resume that screams lead-back incapable, play hard-ball with Damien Williams in restricted free-agency, and ignore the RB position completely in this year's draft. Miami has had ample opportunity to draft or sign young, workhorse capable insurance for Ajayi. They haven't. The implication, if we assume Gase and Miami's front-office are competent, is clear.
With Ajayi hurt in Wk1, Foster started the first game and had 87% of the snaps. In Wk2, Foster started and played the first ten snaps before going down with a groin injury at which point Ajayi took over. Foster was intended to be the starter in Miami, not just a passing down back.
The Jolly Rodgers - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Trubisky, Garoppolo
RB - Montgomery, Henry, Bernard, Foreman, Booker, Prosise, Darkwa
WR - Julio, D. Bryant, Watkins, Lee, Gordon, Kupp
TE - Kelce, DeValve
LB - Kuechly, Shazier
DL - Ansah, Suh, Hunter
DB - Joseph, Neal, Peppers
K - Just a stupid kicker

User avatar
Balzac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1383
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:14 am

Re: Jay Ajayi value

Postby Balzac » Fri May 19, 2017 7:41 am

ericanadian wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 3:57 am
ninotoreS wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 6:00 pm
ericanadian wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 5:51 pm
Foster was clearly brought in to supplant Ajayi.
Foster was brought in because Ajayi was dropping every pass thrown to him, and Drake was injured all offseason. And so Miami panicked. I'll grant you CJA, but bear in mind Gase and CJA were buddies in Denver, and that had more to do with Gase's pursuit of him than anything else.

But regardless, you're misreading what I said. I talked about the draft. I talked about what actions (or inaction, in this case) plainly infer about Miami's view of Ajayi's knee health. As I said, if it's a time-bomb, Miami would've done more than just give CJA an offer-sheet, sign a dead-legged veteran, draft an RB with a profile and college resume that screams lead-back incapable, play hard-ball with Damien Williams in restricted free-agency, and ignore the RB position completely in this year's draft. Miami has had ample opportunity to draft or sign young, workhorse capable insurance for Ajayi. They haven't. The implication, if we assume Gase and Miami's front-office are competent, is clear.
With Ajayi hurt in Wk1, Foster started the first game and had 87% of the snaps. In Wk2, Foster started and played the first ten snaps before going down with a groin injury at which point Ajayi took over. Foster was intended to be the starter in Miami, not just a passing down back.
For how long though? Even the dynasty community knew that Foster was on his last rope. You can't really think the Dolphins are that clueless to recent events to think Foster could carry a full load all season. They picked up a solid vet on the cheap to help them in the short term. Ajayi wasn't established yet so it was wise to load up a crew of RBs and see who shakes out.
10 Team TE Premium, Dynasty Year 4 - (1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0002

12 Team .5PPR, Dynasty Year 3 - (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX)
https://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2017/ ... =07&F=0011

16 Team .5PPR, Dynasty Year 2 - (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SUPERFLEX, 1FLEX)
http://www55.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0003

User avatar
maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10216
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: Nashville

Re: Jay Ajayi value

Postby maxhyde » Fri May 19, 2017 11:19 am

I can't get any offers near that in my leagues for Ajayi...

Ajayi was sat for week 1 for pouting and not being a team guy. Kinda gave him a chip on his shoulder but Gase handled right. Team first and if he gets it now he could be very good or he may have lost the chip on his shoulder and may relax a little. I like the way he runs...kinda like Marshawn a little...angry and violent.

I am not worried about the knee because RB shelf life isn't long anyway
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Hackenberg
RB: David Johnson, Bernard, Blount, DMC, Ellington, Logan(IR), MLynch** JWilliams (2.14), McNichols(2.15), Tolbert
WR: DT, Jeffery,Cooper, MFloyd, Josh Gordon, Peake, Brice Butler, Switzer, KCole, Chester Rogers, Tommylee Lewis
TE: Rudolph, Hollister

User avatar
hockeyBjj
Starter
Starter
Posts: 683
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:05 am

Re: Jay Ajayi value

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri May 19, 2017 12:26 pm

Vcize wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 5:18 pm

Wasn't Eddie Lacy supposed to be retired by now?
Well he got injured and then ate himself out of the league once. I wouldn't be shocked if it happened again
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, RB/TE flex, 1D, 1K
2-4
QB: Russell Wilson, Dalton, Bradford,
RB: Jay Ajayi, Dalvin Cook (IR), Frank Gore, James White, Theo Riddick, TJ Yeldon, JD McKissic
WR: Mike Evans, OBJ (IR) Jarvis Landry, Thielen, Corey Davis, Sanu, Jordan Mathews, Taylor Gabriel, Eli Rogers, Robby Anderson, Kenny Britt, Trent Taylor
TE: Kyle Rudolph, Hunter Henry, Gates, J Thomas
D/K: Vikings, Panters, Titans Fairbairn HOU, Walsh SEA
Taxi- WR JuJu Smith, Tyler Boyd, Carroo Leonte, Jordan Paxton, RB Devontae Booker QB Paxton Lynch,
picks- 2018 1,2,3,4,5 2019 1,2,2,3,4

team 2- 12 team ppr, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1WR/RB/TE, 1 RB/TE
4-2
QB: Wison, Smith
RB: Gurley, Hyde Henry, Kamara, Riddick, Brieda, Yeldon, McFadden Henderson, Brown
WR:Evans, Arob, Diggs,, Williams, Perriman, Hurns, Wright, Woods, Higgins, Austin, Boyd, Godwin, Zamora, Floyd,
TE: Hooper, Doyle Legget

picks- 2018 1,2,2,3,4,5 2019- 1,2,3,4,5

User avatar
Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3043
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:01 am

Re: Jay Ajayi value

Postby Plank » Fri May 19, 2017 3:04 pm

I just think he's going to have a fantastic year and be in the Bell and DJ atmosphere...
@PlankMelody

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:52 pm

Re: Jay Ajayi value

Postby ImaRounder » Fri May 19, 2017 4:43 pm

Plank wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 3:04 pm
I just think he's going to have a fantastic year and be in the Bell and DJ atmosphere...
Dang, that's the most optimistic take on Ajayi I've heard. Not going to argue one way or the other but I love that I don't see crap about his knees devaluing him anymore!

#HisKneesAreFine

Concept Coop
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 423
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 5:39 pm

Re: Jay Ajayi value

Postby Concept Coop » Sat May 20, 2017 11:30 am

Space Cowboy wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 5:07 pm
11 posts later it's about time someone mentions those balky knees that tons of teams scoffed at. The NFL is hardly ever wrong when it comes to medical red flags.
Except they were. His knee clearly wasn't bone on bone. The worry is that he MIGHT one day need microfracture surgery. Travis Kelce ACTUALLY HAD microfracture surgery--and I never hear about it. Odd.

Jay Ajayi is a better running back than Todd Gurley and Melvin Gordon.

Concept Coop
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 423
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 5:39 pm

Re: Jay Ajayi value

Postby Concept Coop » Sat May 20, 2017 11:31 am

ericanadian wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 3:57 am
ninotoreS wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 6:00 pm
ericanadian wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 5:51 pm
Foster was clearly brought in to supplant Ajayi.
Foster was brought in because Ajayi was dropping every pass thrown to him, and Drake was injured all offseason. And so Miami panicked. I'll grant you CJA, but bear in mind Gase and CJA were buddies in Denver, and that had more to do with Gase's pursuit of him than anything else.

But regardless, you're misreading what I said. I talked about the draft. I talked about what actions (or inaction, in this case) plainly infer about Miami's view of Ajayi's knee health. As I said, if it's a time-bomb, Miami would've done more than just give CJA an offer-sheet, sign a dead-legged veteran, draft an RB with a profile and college resume that screams lead-back incapable, play hard-ball with Damien Williams in restricted free-agency, and ignore the RB position completely in this year's draft. Miami has had ample opportunity to draft or sign young, workhorse capable insurance for Ajayi. They haven't. The implication, if we assume Gase and Miami's front-office are competent, is clear.
With Ajayi hurt in Wk1, Foster started the first game and had 87% of the snaps. In Wk2, Foster started and played the first ten snaps before going down with a groin injury at which point Ajayi took over. Foster was intended to be the starter in Miami, not just a passing down back.
Can someone remind me who was intended to be the starter over Foster in Houston, orignially? I forgot. ;) (I know that wasn't your point. But it was fun.)

ETA: Ajayi was the starter at one point in the process, before they turned to Foster. Which is why he was upset.

Cameron Giles
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6460
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Jay Ajayi value

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat May 20, 2017 1:16 pm

Concept Coop wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 11:30 am
Space Cowboy wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 5:07 pm
11 posts later it's about time someone mentions those balky knees that tons of teams scoffed at. The NFL is hardly ever wrong when it comes to medical red flags.
Except they were. His knee clearly wasn't bone on bone. The worry is that he MIGHT one day need microfracture surgery. Travis Kelce ACTUALLY HAD microfracture surgery--and I never hear about it. Odd.
If you follow the NBA, Brandon Roy had a similar diagnosis. He was able to produce for about 4 years before his problems prevented him from playing. It's possible for Ajayi to still follow that path.

Concept Coop
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 423
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 5:39 pm

Re: Jay Ajayi value

Postby Concept Coop » Sat May 20, 2017 1:25 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 1:16 pm
If you follow the NBA, Brandon Roy had a similar diagnosis. He was able to produce for about 4 years before his problems prevented him from playing. It's possible for Ajayi to still follow that path.
[/quote/]

There was never a diagnosis, to my understanding. There were rumors leading up to he draft, which Jay and his team denied. If you have a source suggesting a Brandon Roy situation--essentially no cartilage--I'd appreciate seeing seeing it.


ETA: No idea what's going on with the formatting. One open quote, one close quote.

Vcize
Starter
Starter
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Re: Jay Ajayi value

Postby Vcize » Sat May 20, 2017 1:57 pm

Concept Coop wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 1:25 pm
ETA: No idea what's going on with the formatting. One open quote, one close quote.
You have an extra / in the close quote, so it doesn't see it as a close quote and hence the quote remains open.
Team 1 (12 team PPR TE Premium, q/r/r/w/w/f/f/t/k/d)

QB: Luck, Wentz, Garropolo
RB: Hunt, Ajayi, Thompson, White, Foreman, Charles, Rodgers
WR: Beckham, Cooks, ARob, Benjamin, Moncrief, Richardson, Amendola
TE: Fiedorowicz, Watson, Miller, Fells
K: Lutz
Def: Denver

Concept Coop
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 423
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 5:39 pm

Re: Jay Ajayi value

Postby Concept Coop » Sat May 20, 2017 2:00 pm

:oops:
Last edited by Concept Coop on Sat May 20, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dlf_jaronf, frodo2003, Ghost77, Jpalladino91, KCLep20, MNnoles, Tvols and 12 guests