Jay Ajayi value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Joewillie
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Jay Ajayi value

Postby Joewillie » Wed May 17, 2017 7:30 pm

He is a 23 year old three down back with an improved line. Aside from his possible knee condition, I don't know what there is not to like. Where would you slot him into the 2017 rookie draft?

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Re: Jay Ajayi value

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed May 17, 2017 7:38 pm

I like Ajayi. I think he is firmly in the tier behind Davis and Fournette for me, along with Williams and the other 3 RBs.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Thu May 18, 2017 5:22 am

I'm about 1/4 of the way through a start-up. Ajayi went after Fournette, McCaffrey, Davis, and Mixon, but before Mike Williams and Cook.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Thu May 18, 2017 12:54 pm

oooOOOO
@PlankMelody

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu May 18, 2017 12:56 pm

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Thu May 18, 2017 1:06 pm

aaaAAAAAH ...
@PlankMelody

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu May 18, 2017 2:05 pm

I would take Fournette, Davis, and Mixon over him. Him and McCaffrey would be close. Probably have him ahead of Cook and Williams. So sounds like 1.04 or 1.05 for me.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Thu May 18, 2017 2:28 pm

Ruggenater wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 5:22 am I'm about 1/4 of the way through a start-up. Ajayi went after Fournette, McCaffrey, Davis, and Mixon, but before Mike Williams and Cook.
This feels like one of those times where startup draft order and open market trade value coincide with one another. 1.04-1.05 feels about right to me.

We'll see if it comes to fruition, but the talk about Ajayi showing improvements as a pass catcher and the team wanting to use him more out of the backfield is encouraging. Tack on a few extra catches per game for Ajayi and he probably has a floor that only a few RBs in the game surpass.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu May 18, 2017 3:35 pm

It's impressive that Ajayi produced so well behind what graded out as a terrible offensive line in Miami. It's also encouraging that the Dolphins are going to utilize him in the passing game more, which he did well at in Boise State. I'm still skeptic about his long-term value, but it's hard not to be bullish about his production next season.

I would slot him at 1.03-1.04.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu May 18, 2017 4:00 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 2:28 pm We'll see if it comes to fruition, but the talk about Ajayi showing improvements as a pass catcher and the team wanting to use him more out of the backfield is encouraging. Tack on a few extra catches per game for Ajayi and he probably has a floor that only a few RBs in the game surpass.
As a Dolphins fan, I would take that with a grain of salt. More receptions would obviously be great (and he was a good receiver in college) but the Fins' OC talked up basically every player on the team in regards to them catching more passes this year. Apparently Tannehill is going to throw for 5500 yards this season.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu May 18, 2017 4:04 pm

1.2 or 1.3. The rookies have that new car smell, but Ajayi has actually gone out on an NFL field and done it, and that means something to me. He's young, his O-line is talented, his head-coach and OC are big fans of him, and apparently the front-office too, judging from Miami's casual dismissal of this year's deep RB prospect crop.

It is very possible Ajayi ends up the overall RB3 or RB4 this season. I won't project him ahead of Bell or DJ even in my wildest dreams because he doesn't catch passes like they do, but everyone else in the league is someone Ajayi and his situation can statistically outproduce, I think.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu May 18, 2017 5:07 pm

11 posts later it's about time someone mentions those balky knees that tons of teams scoffed at. The NFL is hardly ever wrong when it comes to medical red flags.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu May 18, 2017 5:18 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 5:07 pm 11 posts later it's about time someone mentions those balky knees that tons of teams scoffed at. The NFL is hardly ever wrong when it comes to medical red flags.
Wasn't Eddie Lacy supposed to be retired by now?
12 Team FFPC TE Premium

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Thu May 18, 2017 5:33 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 5:07 pm The NFL is hardly ever wrong when it comes to medical red flags.
Prove it.

It's been five (six?) years since the knee injury. The only thing we seem to know for sure about Jay Ajayi's knee (it's 'knee', singular, btw) right this moment is that it is performing better than ever. I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure degenerating cartilage doesn't enhance performance.

There was a whole lot suspicious about those rumors, from the wording to the details. For one thing, Ajayi didn't actually even have a medical re-check at the Combine. There's also the point that if the knee really were a disaster-in-waiting, Ajayi probably wouldn't have been drafted at all, and Miami would've done more to address RB in both last year's and this year's draft (instead, they took an injury prone space-back that's never carried 100 times in a season last year and no one at all this year).
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu May 18, 2017 5:51 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 5:33 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 5:07 pm The NFL is hardly ever wrong when it comes to medical red flags.
Prove it.

It's been five (six?) years since the knee injury. The only thing we seem to know for sure about Jay Ajayi's knee (it's 'knee', singular, btw) right this moment is that it is performing better than ever. I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure degenerating cartilage doesn't enhance performance.

There was a whole lot suspicious about those rumors, from the wording to the details. For one thing, Ajayi didn't actually even have a medical re-check at the Combine. There's also the point that if the knee really were a disaster-in-waiting, Ajayi probably wouldn't have been drafted at all, and Miami would've done more to address RB in both last year's and this year's draft (instead, they took an injury prone space-back that's never carried 100 times in a season last year and no one at all this year).
They did try to grab CJA and did grab Arian Foster. Sure, it didn't work out, but Foster was clearly brought in to supplant Ajayi. Miami does seem to finally have confidence in him this year, but let's not rewrite history.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker