Top Sell Targets

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Top Sell Targets

Postby Walter W. » Mon May 15, 2017 5:09 pm

jonesmaster wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 7:15 pm 2. Melvin Gordon - injury history, and production at just about the peak i can ever see it going. Plus his age benefits the seller.
Agree on Gordon. Just prior to our draft I traded him. I feel like I might regret it in the short term if he has a big season, but I also think that one more injury and he loses a ton of value. I went with the "trade a player too early rather than too late" philosophy here. And I received the following in return:

1.09 (drafted O.J. Howard)
2.09 (drafted JuJu Smith-Schuster)
8.05 (included with two other late picks to move up to 4.10 to draft Joshua Dobbs)
2018 5th round pick
2018 6th round pick
Clay Matthews

Plus I seriously hate the Chargers right now since Dean Spanos took a sh*t on my hometown, so my heart won't let me root for any Chargers. I still have Philip Rivers though, I love that dude more than I hate Dean Spanos. Yeah, yeah, you aren't supposed to let your heart rule your decisions, but I wish nothing but doom on the Chargers right now, so I can't have any reason to root for them.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon May 15, 2017 5:20 pm

ascherb wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 8:51 am Is this thread for good sell candidates or just naming players that won't be as good this year?

If so, yeah Rishard and Ingram on the list for sure!
A thread for naming players that you don't own and hope to get for a low price.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon May 15, 2017 6:53 pm

tyfreak, arob, Hopkins, tyrell, Melvin Gordon, Jordan Howard, gronk, and AB

Not buying just FYI, but these guys are coming up on seasons that are make or break IMO, they may be great talents or are over achievers, but my bet on these guys is that their values have peaked and you can buy back cheaper mid season if you believe in them still.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:20 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 6:53 pm tyfreak, arob, Hopkins, tyrell, Melvin Gordon, Jordan Howard, gronk, and AB
Edit: add Watkins

Not buying just FYI, but these guys are coming up on seasons that are make or break IMO, they may be great talents or are over achievers, but my bet on these guys is that their values have peaked and you can buy back cheaper mid season if you believe in them still.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:24 pm

It's always a good idea to sell RB's that aren't great talents, but find themselves in (currently) opportunistic situations. Guys like Wendell Smallwood, Paul Perkins, Ameer Abdullah, Ty Montgomery, Carlos Hyde, etc. - sure, a few of them will take advantage of the opportunity and have a good season or two, but more than likely they will find themselves in a committee and eventually replaced.

Speaking of Hyde, I think he's a major sell if you can fetch solid RB #2 value. He checks a lot of boxes for a sell-target. Bad offense, injury history, new coaching staff (who hand-picked a new RB), etc.

Jordan Howard is also a big-time sell for me. I don't think he's a special talent, or even a very good talent, despite his rookie numbers. I didn't realize he was being valued as a top5 RB in a lot of leagues.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon May 15, 2017 7:57 pm

roseyknee wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 6:53 am I'm cashing out on AB where I have him. I mentioned this in a players debate thread recently, but I think his elite production is tied to Big Ben. Not saying he won't continue to produce once Ben retires (sooner than later imo), but we've seen him put up duds when Ben was out. I know Landy Jones isn't a starter-level QB, but there's a good chance finding Ben's successor won't be a smooth transition. A lot of people just assume a new QB is a good thing (looking at Nuk/ARob discussions), but replacing a QB is not small task in the NFL, much less a HOF-caliber QB. If I could trade him for another elite asset (Julio, AJG+, etc), I'm going to while he's still commanding top 6 WR value.
I agree that AB is a good sell. He's not "old" but he's right at that age where he's about to be considered "old". This time next year he'll be the guy who's about to turn 30. At this point, his value can literally almost do nothing but decline. Even with a great season, he will be worth less next year than he is right now. And so on.

He's also at that age where a bad season (Big Ben out with injury for a while?) or a big injury will absolutely murder his value. A guy like Hopkins was able to hold a lot of his value in spite of a bad season. If Brown has a big injury or plays poorly this year his value will decline as fast as Larry Fitzgerald's did.

Obviously if you are willing to hold on to him to the end than maybe less so, you can hold and hope that Big Ben keeps going. But right now he's been so good that his trade value basically ignores his age. That will magically disappear when we're staring at the big 3-0. Trade value doesn't get you fantasy points but it's nice to keep your team flexible in that way. I'd be looking to add something to him to move to OBJ or Evans while he's still considered in the realm of those guys, of which this is probably the last time.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:26 pm

Walter W. wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 5:09 pm 1.09 (drafted O.J. Howard)
8.05 (included with two other late picks to move up to 4.10 to draft Joshua Dobbs)
2018 5th round pick
2018 6th round pick
Clay Matthews
Do you mind showing the rest of your draft up too JJSS? I'm just perplexed and curious as to how he wasn't taken before 2.09
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Mon May 15, 2017 8:44 pm

Never Veto wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 8:26 pm
2018 5th round pick
2018 6th round pick
Clay Matthews
Do you mind showing the rest of your draft up too JJSS? I'm just perplexed and curious as to how he wasn't taken before 2.09
x2
The standard is the standard.

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Mon May 15, 2017 8:54 pm

2018 5th round pick
2018 6th round pick
Clay Matthews
I was surprised he fell to me at 2.09, but pretty happy about it. Mike Williams fell to me at 1.10 as well, but I didn't want him for the previously mentioned reasons, the fact that I already had a nice first round, and was able to wheel him for a 1st round pick next year plus other picks.

http://getalifesports.com/Champions%20L ... 02017.html
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Tue May 16, 2017 5:59 am

Shcritters wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 7:41 pm Not trying to be disrespectful, but did the two of you even look at the Charger's draft class? They added two starting OL's (one who was supposed to be a 1st rounder), they added a stud WR (now the box will be even less stacked), and they didn't bring in a 3rd down back to spell Gordon. To me that says that he is going to be more efficient this year and that his numbers will likely get better than last year. Yes, I own Gordon, but to any unbiased I think it is pretty clear that he isn't a 'hard sell'.

As to sells, Fitz (only one year left), Rishard Mathews (too many mouths to feed and a new #1 dog in town), Demarco (maybe 1 year left of top 10 production before he gets overtaken), and Ingram (last year in NOS?) come to mind.
Agree totally with the sells and Finally somebody points out the San Diego line instead of spitting out Gordons ypc, and unsustainable touchdowns.

According to pro football focus, a horrific line. Every one on the oline but one was rated well below average last year
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue May 16, 2017 6:08 am

A few mentions of Jordan Howard in this thread. I think this is mostly because he as a 5th round pick.

Normally I expect late round RBs to be replaced sooner than later by a better talent, but I think Howard is an exception. As mentioned, he's not super talented. However, he does do everything fairly well. The Bears haven't added any real competition via free agency or draft. Tarik Cohen looks more like a Sproles type scat back.

While I also don't think Howard will have a long, five + year run as a starter, I think he's still a buy or a hold rather than a sell.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Tue May 16, 2017 6:47 am

Walter W. wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 8:54 pm
2018 5th round pick
2018 6th round pick
Clay Matthews
I was surprised he fell to me at 2.09, but pretty happy about it. Mike Williams fell to me at 1.10 as well, but I didn't want him for the previously mentioned reasons, the fact that I already had a nice first round, and was able to wheel him for a 1st round pick next year plus other picks.

http://getalifesports.com/Champions%20L ... 02017.html
Looks like everyone wants a RB, 12 taken before JuJu, good for you getting him so late
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

Go Bucks
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Go Bucks » Tue May 16, 2017 8:03 am

kmbryant09 wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 7:24 pm It's always a good idea to sell RB's that aren't great talents, but find themselves in (currently) opportunistic situations. Guys like Wendell Smallwood, Paul Perkins, Ameer Abdullah, Ty Montgomery, Carlos Hyde, etc. - sure, a few of them will take advantage of the opportunity and have a good season or two, but more than likely they will find themselves in a committee and eventually replaced.

Speaking of Hyde, I think he's a major sell if you can fetch solid RB #2 value. He checks a lot of boxes for a sell-target. Bad offense, injury history, new coaching staff (who hand-picked a new RB), etc.

Jordan Howard is also a big-time sell for me. I don't think he's a special talent, or even a very good talent, despite his rookie numbers. I didn't realize he was being valued as a top5 RB in a lot of leagues.
Disagree with this, unless only have to start one RB. Otherwise if you're trading guys like Hyde and Howard, then you probably don't value any RB other than Zeke, Bell, and DJ. I'm not singling you out, I see many people on here always dogging nearly every RB as not being special or elite. FF is about production, no matter how flukey the points scored might be in a given year. So yes I'll be holding onto the likes of Perkins, Abdullah, and Montgomery if I have a shot at winning a title. And even if not a contender, will probably still have to hold them since most owners aren't willing to give decent value for them.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue May 16, 2017 9:41 am

Vcize wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 7:57 pm
roseyknee wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 6:53 am I'm cashing out on AB where I have him. I mentioned this in a players debate thread recently, but I think his elite production is tied to Big Ben. Not saying he won't continue to produce once Ben retires (sooner than later imo), but we've seen him put up duds when Ben was out. I know Landy Jones isn't a starter-level QB, but there's a good chance finding Ben's successor won't be a smooth transition. A lot of people just assume a new QB is a good thing (looking at Nuk/ARob discussions), but replacing a QB is not small task in the NFL, much less a HOF-caliber QB. If I could trade him for another elite asset (Julio, AJG+, etc), I'm going to while he's still commanding top 6 WR value.
I agree that AB is a good sell. He's not "old" but he's right at that age where he's about to be considered "old". This time next year he'll be the guy who's about to turn 30. At this point, his value can literally almost do nothing but decline. Even with a great season, he will be worth less next year than he is right now. And so on.

He's also at that age where a bad season (Big Ben out with injury for a while?) or a big injury will absolutely murder his value. A guy like Hopkins was able to hold a lot of his value in spite of a bad season. If Brown has a big injury or plays poorly this year his value will decline as fast as Larry Fitzgerald's did.

Obviously if you are willing to hold on to him to the end than maybe less so, you can hold and hope that Big Ben keeps going. But right now he's been so good that his trade value basically ignores his age. That will magically disappear when we're staring at the big 3-0. Trade value doesn't get you fantasy points but it's nice to keep your team flexible in that way. I'd be looking to add something to him to move to OBJ or Evans while he's still considered in the realm of those guys, of which this is probably the last time.
I might just play in leagues that are more age-centric than others, but in the leagues where I own Brown it's already too late to cash out on him to a big return. For me it's already to the point where Brown is worth more on my contending rosters than what I'll get in return for him. I'll make a push to cash out on him during this season when production matters, but I've already come to accept the fact that I'm probably going down with the ship with Brown unless those teams stop being competitive.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:11 am

BuckeyeNation wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 9:41 amI might just play in leagues that are more age-centric than others, but in the leagues where I own Brown it's already too late to cash out on him to a big return. For me it's already to the point where Brown is worth more on my contending rosters than what I'll get in return for him. I'll make a push to cash out on him during this season when production matters, but I've already come to accept the fact that I'm probably going down with the ship with Brown unless those teams stop being competitive.
Give: Antonio Brown, Matthew Stafford
Receive: Keenan Allen, 1.07, 2018 1st, 2018 2nd, 2018 3rd

This was an AB deal done in my league in mid-February.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th