The Mike Williams Thread: Finally turned the corner?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Mike Williams = Superstar

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:26 pm

Having late firsts in several leagues means I have a lot of Mike Williams shares. Not happy so far. Kevin White seems like an apt comparison. No bueno.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:59 pm

Sad to see anyone injured. Especially a young player progressing :(

That being said I had WR depth so I traded him for a mid to late 1st rd next year because he seemed like an injury risk

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:45 am

He fell so stinking far in my startup, I passed on him three full rounds before finally not being able to take it any more and taking him in I think the 19th or 20th round in a 12 team startup. A knee injury on top of his back injury makes me wonder if he'll ever get his chance. 30 man rosters means he's not droppable, but he's no longer a factor my long term evaluation of my team 2. Just feel bad for the guy at this point
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:42 am

I saw him as Parker/Floyd type and now all these injuries. I wouldn't even pay a 2nd. They're perfectly fine with Henry, T Williams, Allen and Benjamin sprinkled in.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:30 am

Space Cowboy wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:42 am I saw him as Parker/Floyd type and now all these injuries. I wouldn't even pay a 2nd. They're perfectly fine with Henry, T Williams, Allen and Benjamin sprinkled in.
In recent years the chargers learned how important skill position depth is with multiple offensive players being injured. Hence they went out and got a really good one (presumably) early in the draft. However, with all of their weapons healthy for the first time in a while, they can afford to not lean on a rookie. All the concerns with Williams’s ability/injuries aside, this year’s usage makes sense. I think the main reason for optimism this year with him was Keenan’s health and when Keenan didn’t get injured that opportunity was squashed.

From an outlook standpoint owners will have to hope for progress in the offseason and potential roster shakeup. But the injuries throw an additional level of risk in him panning out
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:11 pm

It has been strangely quiet on the results of his MRI. All I have heard so far is "not ACL".

The timing was unfortunate as it looked like he was just moving to the front of the Tyrell/Benjamin pack. I am not affixing the "injury prone" label to him just because he added a random knee sprain to his back injury. I can't think of any possible way those would be connected. Hopefully, he is healthy by the NFL playoffs, since the Chargers appear to be closing in on one of those spots.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:13 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:42 am I saw him as Parker/Floyd type and now all these injuries. I wouldn't even pay a 2nd. They're perfectly fine with Henry, T Williams, Allen and Benjamin sprinkled in.
What do you see as similar between them? IMO, the issues with the 2 players you mentioned are related to immaturity. That is not something I have heard about being an issue with Williams.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:54 am

spotxc wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:40 pm The resurgence begins
Rockytop85 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:34 pm Carted off the field today with a knee injury.
These two posts back to back in this thread sum up this so far depressing story
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:08 am

He'd be a great buy-low if you can get him for a 2nd.

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:15 am

Goddard wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:08 am He'd be a great buy-low if you can get him for a 2nd.
Do you think a 2nd would get it done though? I was thinking a 2nd and 3rd... but if what I've read on the boards so far is telling:

1- back injuries don't just get better

2- similarities to kevin white

3- that offense and direction of the team is suspect

where do you put his floor and ceiling? always appreciate your comments on these boards btw.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:56 am

Goddard wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:08 am He'd be a great buy-low if you can get him for a 2nd.
Also, I read on a previous thread (can't find which one) that most would jump on a chance to trade Engram for M. Williams... I whole heartedly disagreed, and after a bit of research on DLF's rookie rankings:

Engram averages a ADP within rookies of 8.5, Williams at 10.0, and Njoku at 11.50. It's also important to note that:

1- Only 1/6 of the experts rankings had Williams over Engram, and

2 - Nearly half - 3/6 - actually had Njoku ranked over M. Williams.

Am I missing something here? Should I be jumping on trading for him for Engram if Njoku offer is firmly denied? I WOULD jump on Njoku and a 3rd rounder for M. Williams though... thoughts?

M. Williams scares me but I have the perfect combo (imo) of a team that's stacked with vets for a win now team with expiring contracts in Jordy, Fitz, Brees, with guys like Njoku, Engram, Godwin, C. Davis, D. Cook for years to come as foundational pieces. I would love it if I were right about M. Williams and able to add him without giving up any of my proven vets or young guys that I can afford to wait on. I can stomach being wrong with a 3rd and Njoku, but I have a feeling if M. Williams is the next K. White and I give up Engram for him, I'll want to quit fantasy altogether.

Thanks in advance, as always.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10

Team 2

RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:53 am

jtd1387 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:11 pm It has been strangely quiet on the results of his MRI. All I have heard so far is "not ACL".

The timing was unfortunate as it looked like he was just moving to the front of the Tyrell/Benjamin pack. I am not affixing the "injury prone" label to him just because he added a random knee sprain to his back injury. I can't think of any possible way those would be connected. Hopefully, he is healthy by the NFL playoffs, since the Chargers appear to be closing in on one of those spots.
Depending on the severity and location of the issue could be an indication of poor soft-tissue structure a la Arian Foster although I doubt it. More realistically it would be an injury caused by compensation/overcompensation for the back issue depending on how limiting it is to certain movements.

I'm not a professional and by no means am I saying that that's definitely what it is, but it's a possibility if/how they are connected.

As for whether that would mean he's injury prone I feel like it's too early to say either way, then again people were saying the same thing about Breshad Perriman and Kevin White their rookie years so who knows.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:24 am

hjernazian wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:56 am
Also, I read on a previous thread (can't find which one) that most would jump on a chance to trade Engram for M. Williams... I whole heartedly disagreed, and after a bit of research on DLF's rookie rankings:

Engram averages a ADP within rookies of 8.5, Williams at 10.0, and Njoku at 11.50. It's also important to note that:

Am I missing something here? Should I be jumping on trading for him for Engram if Njoku offer is firmly denied? I WOULD jump on Njoku and a 3rd rounder for M. Williams though... thoughts?

M. Williams scares me but I have the perfect combo (imo) of a team that's stacked with vets for a win now team with expiring contracts in Jordy, Fitz, Brees, with guys like Njoku, Engram, Godwin, C. Davis, D. Cook for years to come as foundational pieces. I would love it if I were right about M. Williams and able to add him without giving up any of my proven vets or young guys that I can afford to wait on. I can stomach being wrong with a 3rd and Njoku, but I have a feeling if M. Williams is the next K. White and I give up Engram for him, I'll want to quit fantasy altogether.

I would easily give Njoku and a 3rd for Williams. Engram straight up for Williams isn't bad, but because of Engram's current value as you mentioned above, you should be able to get more on top. I mentioned in the other post that a 2nd might get it done. I would hope that's not enough for Mike Williams, but from some of the comments I've read, it just might be.

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:48 am

Goddard wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:24 am
hjernazian wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:56 am

I would easily give Njoku and a 3rd for Williams. Engram straight up for Williams isn't bad, but because of Engram's current value as you mentioned above, you should be able to get more on top. I mentioned in the other post that a 2nd might get it done. I would hope that's not enough for Mike Williams, but from some of the comments I've read, it just might be.
He didn't go for Njoku. He's willing to give me C. Coleman or M. Williams for Engram straight up, but I'm not gonna take that. I asked for both of them and I will. Let's see what he says.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

Team 2

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:48 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... em-himself

Can Mike Williams follow in a new Chargers tradition and make Pro Bowl in Year II after injury-filled rookie season? Last 3 did it in Bosa/Gordon/Verrett
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..