The Mike Williams Thread: Finally turned the corner?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Mike Williams = Superstar

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun May 14, 2017 6:50 pm

mtregoli wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 4:49 pm Look for Mike Williams to take the same path as another Michael last year as in Thomas. Williams is a much better receiver imo in all areas. Thomas as a hall of fame QB but Rivers is pro bowl caliber and 3 years younger than Brees. I see a massive bump in value this time next year just like Mike Thomas
I like Williams, but I think Corey Davis is actually much closer to Michael Thomas than Williams is. Williams is closer to a Devante Parker type of talent/player, though he doesn't seem as fast.

ascherb
Starter
Starter

Postby ascherb » Sun May 14, 2017 8:07 pm

The Chargers are a great situation, IMO. Should be high passing volume and Rivers is a bit of a gunslinger and not an ultra-cautious QB with the football, meaning he will put the ball up to Mike even if the separation isn't there, which is what he will need to succeed.
Please give us a visit for awesome FF content:

extrapointff.com

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun May 14, 2017 8:51 pm

ascherb wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 8:07 pm The Chargers are a great situation, IMO. Should be high passing volume and Rivers is a bit of a gunslinger and not an ultra-cautious QB with the football, meaning he will put the ball up to Mike even if the separation isn't there, which is what he will need to succeed.
Yep. The oft-mocked Buffalo was a much worse spot in the short term with Tyrod being more of a low turnover, low risk QB that throws to open guys.

Rivers doesn't have a problem throwing some picks and is happy to give a guy a chance to make a play downfield, which plays to Williams' strengths.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

JJDubya
MVP
MVP

Postby JJDubya » Mon May 15, 2017 10:35 am

He's not even the best Williams on his team.

He'll only be fantasy relevant in year one if Keenan misses considerable time.

mtregoli
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mtregoli » Mon May 15, 2017 10:49 am

JJDubya wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 10:35 am He's not even the best Williams on his team.

Your talking Tyrell Williams who couldn't crack 1,000 yards in a season at Western Oregon is better than Mike Williams who tore up an Alabama defense that had 5 defensive players drafted in the first two rounds.. I will put my money on Mike all day. Forget the metrics and underware olympics. This guy wins at the point of the catch. Tyrell better get out his pencil & paper and get ready to take notes cuz Mike is going to dominate.
Team 1. 12 team standard. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR,1TE. 6pt td's for a QB
Winston, Palmer, Garrapolo
Bell, M. Gordon, F. Gore, T. Montgomery
D. Hopkins, S. Watkins, A. Robinson, K. White,
G. Olsen
2017: 1.07
2018: (4) 1st's

Team 2. 12 team PPR. QB:1, RB:2-4, WR: 3-5, TE: 1-2
Winston, Romo
Bell, Hyde, I. Crowell, K. Williams, K. Marshall, A. Collins
O. Beckham, D. Hopkins, W. Snead, T. Boyd, E. Rogers
G. Olsen
2017: 1.06, 2.01, 2.06, 2.07, 3.06
2018: 2nd, (2) 3rd's

12 Superflex. PPR, TE Premium, Point Per Carry. QB QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX
E. Manning, C. Palmer, J. Flacco
E. Elliott, J. Ajay, J. Howard, L. Blount, D. Sproles
D. Parker, J. Doctson, M. Williams, L. Tredwell, T. Smith, N. Agholor, DGB, R. Switzer
O. Howard, Z. Miller
2018: 7 FIRST ROUND PICKS

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:57 am

mtregoli wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 10:49 am
JJDubya wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 10:35 am He's not even the best Williams on his team.

Your talking Tyrell Williams who couldn't crack 1,000 yards in a season at Western Oregon is better than Mike Williams who tore up an Alabama defense that had 5 defensive players drafted in the first two rounds.. I will put my money on Mike all day. Forget the metrics and underware olympics. This guy wins at the point of the catch. Tyrell better get out his pencil & paper and get ready to take notes cuz Mike is going to dominate.
You clearly have not watched Tyrell against NFL dbs. To use any stat from Western Oregon as evidence of anything at this point is simply pointless. The metrics on Tyrell are important because they translate to the field.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:07 am

dm1129 wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 10:57 am

You clearly have not watched Tyrell against NFL dbs. To use any stat from Western Oregon as evidence of anything at this point is simply pointless. The metrics on Tyrell are important because they translate to the field.
Metrics can always change. Only way to know who is better is to wait until the NFL season and see who is winning the match up
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

mtregoli
Role Player
Role Player

Postby mtregoli » Mon May 15, 2017 11:23 am

Metrics are importabt to an extent. If it was the whole story then Justin Hunter & Stephen Hill would be elite wide receivers. Both tested very similarly to Tyrell. The part regarding playing actual football requires so much more than combine numbers. I do think Tyrell is better than both of those guys but he's not in the same class as Mike Williams as a receiver. Better athlete? Maybe but better NFL receiver? Put me in the camp of no way.
Team 1. 12 team standard. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR,1TE. 6pt td's for a QB
Winston, Palmer, Garrapolo
Bell, M. Gordon, F. Gore, T. Montgomery
D. Hopkins, S. Watkins, A. Robinson, K. White,
G. Olsen
2017: 1.07
2018: (4) 1st's

Team 2. 12 team PPR. QB:1, RB:2-4, WR: 3-5, TE: 1-2
Winston, Romo
Bell, Hyde, I. Crowell, K. Williams, K. Marshall, A. Collins
O. Beckham, D. Hopkins, W. Snead, T. Boyd, E. Rogers
G. Olsen
2017: 1.06, 2.01, 2.06, 2.07, 3.06
2018: 2nd, (2) 3rd's

12 Superflex. PPR, TE Premium, Point Per Carry. QB QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX
E. Manning, C. Palmer, J. Flacco
E. Elliott, J. Ajay, J. Howard, L. Blount, D. Sproles
D. Parker, J. Doctson, M. Williams, L. Tredwell, T. Smith, N. Agholor, DGB, R. Switzer
O. Howard, Z. Miller
2018: 7 FIRST ROUND PICKS

JJDubya
MVP
MVP

Postby JJDubya » Mon May 15, 2017 11:26 am

Lol. I guess putting up over 1000 yards in the NFL counts less than what he did in college. Tyrell isn't going anywhere. He was one of the better YAC guys this past season, and he also had a really high ADot and yards/reception. That's an uncommon combo. He also pulled this off in 12 games as a starter. Kid can ball. Keenan is the concern on that roster for them, since he can't stay on the field. It was easily the worst pick in the draft imo.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon May 15, 2017 11:51 am

:lol: You're talking Tyrell Williams who DID crack 1000 yards in his first real NFL opportunity, starting 12 games (playing in 16), against #1 NFL CBs? Sure, Tyrell was a benefactor of being the last man standing, but Tyrell was beating NFL double teams. Tyrell was moving up the depth chart prior to the injuries.
As to his college production...if that is somehow more relevant than his NFL production...Western Oregon wasn't really as prolific of a passing team. The level of QB play might have had SOME to do with that. Deshaun Watson vs...can you name Tyrell's QBs? Can you even recognize the names once you look them up? Probably not. Here's some of the accolades of the QB play that Mike Williams got to benefit from:
CFP national champion (2016)
Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award (2016)
2× Davey O'Brien Award (2015, 2016)
2× Manning Award (2015, 2016)
ACC Player of the Year (2015)
ACC Offensive Player of the Year (2015)
Consensus All-American (2015)
USA Today High School All-American (2013)

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Mon May 15, 2017 12:37 pm

I feel like I just declined an offer to receive Mike Williams and now the other owner is trying to convince me why I should be taking the deal. Or that I feel obligated to take him at 1.06 and now just trying to rationalize that pick by looking at all the puff pieces supporting it.

Probably someone I just steer clear of and wouldn't mind being wrong about...

Joey Pigskins
Starter
Starter

Postby Joey Pigskins » Mon May 15, 2017 12:39 pm

While I don't think Mike Williams will see the same leap in value that Michael Thomas did between this time last year and now, I will echo the comparison moreso because I think people are making a mistake in assuming Tyrell is just going to block him, similarly to how people argued ALL SUMMER that Snead would block Thomas. We all know how that turned out. Yes, Tyrell had a nice season, but the Chargers decided nonetheless to use a premium pick on Williams. Whatever your opinion of that use of capital, it says something in regards to how they view the two players, which is all that matters when projecting volume.
@JoeyPigskins

11th Year 10 Team Dynasty 1/2 PPR (20 man rosters, three round rookie/FA draft, 2 taxi)

Commissioner/Founder

Champions 2011, 2012
Runnner-up 2013, 2016

1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1TE 2 Flex (WR/RB/TE) 1 K 1 DEF

Matthew Stafford, Marcus Mariota
Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Jordan Howard,, Jonathan Stewart, Darren Sproles, Theo Riddick, Jonathan Williams
DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Allen Robinson, Michael Thomas (NO), Phillip Dorsett, Kenny Britt, Kenny Stills, JJ Nelson (taxi)
Jimmy Graham, Eric Ebron, Austin Seferian-Jenkins (taxi)
Adam Vinatieri
NYG D

2017: 1st, 2nd

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Mon May 15, 2017 12:46 pm

mtregoli wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 10:49 am Your talking Tyrell Williams who couldn't crack 1,000 yards in a season at Western Oregon is better than Mike Williams who tore up an Alabama defense that had 5 defensive players drafted in the first two rounds.. I will put my money on Mike all day. Forget the metrics and underware olympics. This guy wins at the point of the catch. Tyrell better get out his pencil & paper and get ready to take notes cuz Mike is going to dominate.
I don't get this either... dropped 8 for 94 w/ 1 TD against Top Bama defense and the #16 pick in the draft Marlon Humphrey
Dropped 6 for 96 on Ohio State whom had three 1st round players taken from their secondary.
dropped 9 for 174 on Auburn
dropped 15 for 202 against Pitt
and he did this against double coverage all year

Let's not forget what his coach Dabo Sweeney said about him: "If there’s 1 (DB) on him, he’s wide open. If there’s 2, they better be real close."

This said enough for me NDT scouting on Mike Williams
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:48 pm

All three WRs on the chargers are capable of 1000+ chances are they all end up around there (not including injuries obviously). But have the three together will likely cannibalize the chance that one of them ends up in WR1 territory (1250+) they will all likely be in the huge tier of 1000 yard receivers that are a dime a dozen because of the crazy supply of them
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Mon May 15, 2017 12:51 pm

Valhalla wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 11:51 am Here's some of the accolades of the QB play that Mike Williams got to benefit from:
CFP national champion (2016)
Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award (2016)
2× Davey O'Brien Award (2015, 2016)
2× Manning Award (2015, 2016)
ACC Player of the Year (2015)
ACC Offensive Player of the Year (2015)
Consensus All-American (2015)
USA Today High School All-American (2013)
Mike Williams was double teamed every game this year and still put up great games against 4 first round secondary picks. On the other hand the great QB? yeah, he was 3rd guy taken in what is perceived as a weak QB class.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first