Bryant

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jdomer2403
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Bryant

Postby jdomer2403 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:57 pm

If martavis makes it back to the field for 2017 season, is he done serving time and able to play a full season? Is this guy worth investing in. I believe next strike he is gone for good.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Bryant

Postby whodunnit » Fri May 12, 2017 7:16 pm

Depends what you can get him for/sell him for. If you can get him for a mid-late 2nd or later then yeah, I'd invest in him, if you can sell him for a early 2nd, I'd probably sell him. I have a feeling the Steelers don't hold onto him after this season anyway
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Fri May 12, 2017 8:07 pm

Yeah, depends on the investment. Not a guy I'm building around or counting on, but if I can get him on the discount(late 2nd or cheaper), he could be worth the gamble. I'd be more inclined to buy him if I had a real solid contender and could take the luxery of gambling on him. In a rebuild I'm not sure he's worth the risk long term, unless you can buy cheap and sell high in season maybe.

df_sarc
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby df_sarc » Sat May 13, 2017 1:44 pm

"I have a feeling the Steelers don't hold onto him after this season anyway" I'm not sure that matters. You would think he would get more targets elsewhere- he may obviously see more coverage. Tough to know really but I doubt his ADP would be affected by a move.

startstopping
Role Player
Role Player

Postby startstopping » Wed May 17, 2017 9:17 am

Ever since the 16 game suspension he has been a complete avoid for me. After you have already failed multiple test, know your in the program and WILL be tested again, and still manage to fail a test was a really really bad sign.

However......

This interview has made me reconsider. He seems sincere in that he has made some drastic changes.... Still unsure though, in the words of W. "fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice...your not gonna fool me again"

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/13/marta ... nstatement

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Wed May 17, 2017 10:13 am

That interview looks no different than any other athlete/entertainer that is a "changed" man. It really is not that hard to say all the right things, especially when you have been coached by an agent on what to say. Though, some have a problem doing even that. Like anything else, his actions will speak for themselves. I personally think he will slip up, addictive personalities generally do, even if he has temporarily switched it over to tattoos, what happens when he runs out of canvass?
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Wed May 17, 2017 4:16 pm

Wouldn't spend more than a 3rd for him, talent is there but too risky
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Wed May 17, 2017 11:18 pm

Next strike would just be another indefinite suspension and opportunity to reapply in 1 yr.

I recall reading that 2 yrs of clean tests would mean slate wiped clean.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu May 18, 2017 6:31 am

onetwothree wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 11:18 pm I recall reading that 2 yrs of clean tests would mean slate wiped clean.
I'm not sure where you read this, but it is not accurate. At this point he's a "lifer" in Stage 3. There is no "wiped clean" in the NFL's drug policy.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Thu May 18, 2017 7:17 am

skip wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 6:31 am
I'm not sure where you read this, but it is not accurate. At this point he's a "lifer" in Stage 3. There is no "wiped clean" in the NFL's drug policy.
Not where I saw it originally but this came up:

http://www.denverpost.com/2015/08/02/vo ... g-program/
Thanks to clean record for the last two years and a revamped NFL drug policy, Broncos outside linebacker Von Miller has been discharged from the league’s drug program and will no longer be subject to multiple tests a week.

Miller was suspended six games in 2013 for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy and was placed in Stage 3 of its intervention program.

But he tested clean each time for the last two years.

With the old drug policy it wouldn’t have mattered. He would have remained in the program for the rest of his career.

But last September the league and union agreed to a revised policy that allowed players in Stage 3 who have had no failed tests in 24 months to be eligible for discharge.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu May 18, 2017 7:26 am

onetwothree wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 7:17 am
skip wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 6:31 am
Not where I saw it originally but this came up:

http://www.denverpost.com/2015/08/02/vo ... g-program/
Thanks to clean record for the last two years and a revamped NFL drug policy, Broncos outside linebacker Von Miller has been discharged from the league’s drug program and will no longer be subject to multiple tests a week.

Miller was suspended six games in 2013 for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy and was placed in Stage 3 of its intervention program.

But he tested clean each time for the last two years.

With the old drug policy it wouldn’t have mattered. He would have remained in the program for the rest of his career.

But last September the league and union agreed to a revised policy that allowed players in Stage 3 who have had no failed tests in 24 months to be eligible for discharge.
Ah, you are correct. I was confusing "discharged" with "reinstated". There is a "wiped clean". That said, I don't expect Bryant to make it that far for it to matter.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

TpainSD
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TpainSD » Thu May 18, 2017 8:34 am

Where would you guys risk drafting him in 12 team ppr start ups? Seams like everyone has him pegged in the same areas for buying/selling rookie picks

jdomer2403
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdomer2403 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:48 am

I actually just acquired him. Sold crabtree for bryant 2018 2 and 2018 3. I am happy with the return for crabtree and might look to flip after a few games.

onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby onetwothree » Thu May 18, 2017 10:01 am

skip wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 7:26 am
Ah, you are correct. I was confusing "discharged" with "reinstated". There is a "wiped clean". That said, I don't expect Bryant to make it that far for it to matter.
Yeah I don't have much confidence either but at least there's a light at end of the tunnel and it's not something held against him forever. I got him cheap and it was my best route to upgrading my WRs so I will stick with it.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Thu May 18, 2017 10:02 am

TpainSD wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 8:34 am Where would you guys risk drafting him in 12 team ppr start ups? Seams like everyone has him pegged in the same areas for buying/selling rookie picks
I haven't done any startups with actual rookies in the player pool, so all I can do is bump Bryant down a bit to compensate for the rookies I'd have in front of him.

Off the top of my head I'm assuming I'd draft Bryant in the 5th-6th round. I've been bullish on Bryant throughout this entire process though, and I'm one of the owners that wouldn't sell him for a mid-2nd even while he was still suspended.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U