Bryant

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Re: Bryant

Postby Jfever » Thu May 18, 2017 10:16 am

df_sarc wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 1:44 pm "I have a feeling the Steelers don't hold onto him after this season anyway" I'm not sure that matters. You would think he would get more targets elsewhere- he may obviously see more coverage. Tough to know really but I doubt his ADP would be affected by a move.
I can think of several places that would negatively effect his ADP. I'm a bit taken aback by how it (his ADP) wouldn't or couldn't be negatively affected by being traded away from a good offense, strong armed qb who excels at the deep ball and at extending plays. To be frank; There are FAR worse places for him to be than in Pittsburgh as their wr2 behind A.Brown. :think:

Anyway, to the OP, Bryant is a guy I'm not interested in. If I can get him for a future mid 3rd, sure. I don't expect that price, and I'd rather have the roster spot used on a guy that isn't one screw up away from being a convenient store clerk somewhere. I'm quite content letting someone else worry about him.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

df_sarc
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby df_sarc » Thu May 18, 2017 8:36 pm

JFever wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 10:16 am I can think of several places that would negatively effect his ADP. I'm a bit taken aback by how it (his ADP) wouldn't or couldn't be negatively affected by being traded away from a good offense, strong armed qb who excels at the deep ball and at extending plays. To be frank; There are FAR worse places for him to be than in Pittsburgh as their wr2 behind A.Brown. :think:
Sure there are worse spots. Sure his ADP could be affected negativly. I'm not sure where you got couldn't from. But on average I don't see being Pittsburgh any better or worse than average. Rothesburger is terrible on the road- his deep ball stats for 2016 were middle of the pack. Their RB is a beast. Bryant could be a number 1 somewhere else. Their last number 2 Emmanuel Saunders had far stats better in a new environment. Saying Rothesbugers is 'good at extending play's' is great fodder for commentators passing the time but I'm not sure it should play a lot into our fantasy analysis.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Mon May 22, 2017 2:29 pm

I guess i'm on my own island, but i've offered 1.12 for him and wasn't able to buy. This guy is an athletic freak and has been highly efficient when on the field. If the reports are true that he added 20 lbs of muscle, this guy is going to be an absolute monster. I want him bad.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:52 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 2:29 pm I guess i'm on my own island, but i've offered 1.12 for him and wasn't able to buy. This guy is an athletic freak and has been highly efficient when on the field. If the reports are true that he added 20 lbs of muscle, this guy is going to be an absolute monster. I want him bad.
That's what I'm talkin' bout :clap:

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Thu May 25, 2017 6:50 am

In a PPR Contract Keeper league where I had Willie Snead and could have given him a 2-year contract, I traded Willie for Bryant. I'm not sure this helps for Dynasty. I also tried trading a 3rd rounder for him a couple months ago with a not so active owner in a dynasty league. He never responded however not sure he had seen the offer before it expired. My risk in the Snead deal is not that big due to I would be investing only 2 years in either player and my wr corp in that league is solid. My opinion is Bryant's ceiling is huge for this season. Big Ben's talk of retirement and the schedule for the Steeler's looks pretty decent. I can see this being a big year for the Steeler passing game.

You have to be willing to take a risk now and then to win. I think Bryant could be a could short-term reward at the very least. Being a new dad has helped a lot of bad dudes become model citizens. You have to be willing to be okay with the risk even if it blows up in your face. I think that is the tipping point for me. If Bryant gets busted on his next drug test. I'm okay with the risk I took it just didn't work out.
Last edited by osubuckeyeman on Thu May 25, 2017 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:11 am

:D
Last edited by kadun2 on Thu May 25, 2017 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Thu May 25, 2017 8:12 am

osubuckeyeman wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 6:50 am In a PPR Contract Keeper league where I had Willie Snead and could have given him a 2-year contract, I traded Willie for Bryant. I'm not sure this helps for Dynasty. I also tried trading a 3rd rounder for him a couple months ago with a not so active owner in a dynasty league. He never responded however not sure he had seen the offer before it expired. My risk in the Snead deal is not that big due to I would be investing only 2 years in either player and my wr corp in that league is solid. My opinion is Bryant's ceiling is huge for this season. Big Ben's talk of retirement and the schedule for the Steeler's looks pretty decent. I can see this being a big year for the Steeler passing game.

You have to be willing to take a risk now and then to win. I think Bryant could be a could short-term risk at the very least. Being a new dad has helped a lot of bad dudes become model citizens. You have to be willing to be okay with the risk even if it blows up in your face. I think that is the tipping point for me. If Bryant gets busted on his next drug test. I'm okay with the risk I took it just didn't work out.
This is it right here. If everyone is doing the same thing the one who steps out from the pack will have a different outcome, good or bad.
Make something happen and live with the consequences..

TTHTD
Captain
Captain

Postby TTHTD » Thu May 25, 2017 5:36 pm

Bryant is going to be worth a mid-early 1st halfway through the season if not sooner. Great buy and flip for a profit opportunity if you can actually get him for less than a late 1st imo.

Adrian_Charlie
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Adrian_Charlie » Fri May 26, 2017 10:45 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 2:29 pm I guess i'm on my own island, but i've offered 1.12 for him and wasn't able to buy. This guy is an athletic freak and has been highly efficient when on the field. If the reports are true that he added 20 lbs of muscle, this guy is going to be an absolute monster. I want him bad.
I gave up 1.12 and 2018 1st (Should be 1.10-1.12) for Bryant. I feel great about the trade, pairing him with a solid floor guy like Tate..oh boy, look out!
12 Team 0.5ppr (6pt TDs) Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, DST, K
QB: Alex Smith, Matt Ryan
RB: Henry, Coleman, Riddick, Dixon, I Smith, R Kelley, Jon Williams, Guice (RIP)
WR: K Allen, Tate, Crowder, DeSean Jackson, Martavis, R Grant, Ross
TE: D Walker, Doyle
Flex: Barber
K: Streamer
DST: BAL
2019 Picks: 1st Rd, 2nd Rd, 3rd Rd

12 Team 0.5ppr (6pt TDs) Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, DST, K
QB: Brees, Dak
RB: L Miller, Jam Williams, Henry, A Jones, Abdullah, Barber, Jon Williams
WR: Julio, AJ Green, Hogan, Tate, Treadwell, Crabtree, DJ Moore, R Grant
TE: O.J. Howard
Flex: Amari
K: Streamer
DST: LAC
2019 Picks: 1st Rd, 2nd Rd, 3rd Rd

Twitter - https://twitter.com/Adrian_Charlie

MMG
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MMG » Mon May 29, 2017 6:47 pm

Was able to sell for the 1.09. I just couldn't help but float that offer out there, and see what happened....
*XDSFL*
10 Team, TE Premium PPR
Gucci Gunners
QB: R Wilson, D Watson
RB: N Chubb, Ka Hunt, J Mixon, R Mostert, Lev Bell, A Peterson, Lat Murray, J Hill
WR: M Evans, L Fitzgerald, S Watkins, C Kirk, Ty Williams, Bre Perriman
TE: T Higbee, N Fant, I Smith, G Olsen
K: W Lutz
DEF: LA Rams, Seahawks

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon May 29, 2017 6:52 pm

I stay away from guys with addiction issues and players whose desire to play the game I question. Bryant checks both those boxes. My philosophy served me well as I never owned a share of Blackmon or Gordon.