Kelvin Benjamin

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Re: Kelvin Benjamin

Postby StableOfRBs » Thu May 25, 2017 1:19 pm

Wouldn't be too surprised if they moved him to a more TE-like role this year then made an actual switch to TE next year, Olsen is getting up there in age and Benjamin's contract is up next year, if they can designate him as a TE and franchise him like one while they negotiate for a new deal would save them a ton of cap space, basically the opposite of what Jimmy Graham tried to do with a Saints a few years ago

also if he does get moved to TE I would 100% buy on him
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu May 25, 2017 1:21 pm

I haven't seen anyone reporting how much weight Kelvin supposedly has gained. His listed playing weight is already almost 245 because he's built like a TE. There are also other pictures of KB which don't make him look like he's gained all that much weight like the above one appears to make it look.

Am I the only one who saw the Michael Thomas report about gaining 10 pounds called "bulked up"? I'd love to find out that KB only gained 10-15 pounds this off season...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

JJDubya
MVP
MVP

Postby JJDubya » Thu May 25, 2017 1:58 pm

StableOfRBs wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 1:19 pm Wouldn't be too surprised if they moved him to a more TE-like role this year then made an actual switch to TE next year, Olsen is getting up there in age and Benjamin's contract is up next year, if they can designate him as a TE and franchise him like one while they negotiate for a new deal would save them a ton of cap space, basically the opposite of what Jimmy Graham tried to do with a Saints a few years ago

TE is a difficult position to play. You have to learn routes and blocking schemes, as well as be adept at both. I'd consider KB adept at being a WR but right now seems to only block out the sun and smaller sized people from the breaded shrimp at Golden Corral.

He won't be a TE. If he can shed that weight - that picture will probably shame him into losing 10lbs pretty quickly (or gaining, depending if he has a fridge full of B&J and a romcom marathon is on over Memorial Day weekend), then he has a shot at being a WR2. I'm skeptical because their offense seems to profile a little differently this year with the new weapons, and shedding weight isn't just about calories expended, but rather calories ingested. I have to think that if he's gotten that big over the offseason, it's largely because of what he was eating (and how often). Time will certainly tell, but I've sold my shares.

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Thu May 25, 2017 2:02 pm

JJDubya wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 1:58 pm
StableOfRBs wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 1:19 pm Wouldn't be too surprised if they moved him to a more TE-like role this year then made an actual switch to TE next year, Olsen is getting up there in age and Benjamin's contract is up next year, if they can designate him as a TE and franchise him like one while they negotiate for a new deal would save them a ton of cap space, basically the opposite of what Jimmy Graham tried to do with a Saints a few years ago

TE is a difficult position to play. You have to learn routes and blocking schemes, as well as be adept at both. I'd consider KB adept at being a WR but right now seems to only block out the sun and smaller sized people from the breaded shrimp at Golden Corral.

He won't be a TE. If he can shed that weight - that picture will probably shame him into losing 10lbs pretty quickly (or gaining, depending if he has a fridge full of B&J and a romcom marathon is on over Memorial Day weekend), then he has a shot at being a WR2. I'm skeptical because their offense seems to profile a little differently this year with the new weapons, and shedding weight isn't just about calories expended, but rather calories ingested. I have to think that if he's gotten that big over the offseason, it's largely because of what he was eating (and how often). Time will certainly tell, but I've sold my shares.
TE is difficult, sure, but only if you're playing them as a traditional TE, there's plenty of TEs that only get used as receivers like Reed or Graham
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

TheDogPound
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TheDogPound » Thu May 25, 2017 8:08 pm

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:00 pm

Took him in the 9th round of a SF .5PPR startup after WRs like Sanders, Doctson, Zay Jones, and John Ross. Not going to sit here and pretend he is even a WR2 but the man gets in the endzone. he is and always has been a big physical receiver.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:38 pm

ImaRounder wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:00 pm Took him in the 9th round of a SF .5PPR startup after WRs like Sanders, Doctson, Zay Jones, and John Ross. Not going to sit here and pretend he is even a WR2 but the man gets in the endzone. he is and always has been a big physical receiver.
He finished WR16 as a rookie and WR28 the year following a major knee injury during Cam's worst season of his career.

I don't think it's outrageous to expect him to finish in the WR2 range going forward, another year away from the injury and with hopefully at least a partial bounce back from Cam.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:02 pm

ImaRounder wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:00 pm Took him in the 9th round of a SF .5PPR startup after WRs like Sanders, Doctson, Zay Jones, and John Ross. Not going to sit here and pretend he is even a WR2 but the man gets in the endzone. he is and always has been a big physical receiver.
No need to pretend, the guy has never not been a WR2 in standard and half-point leagues. He's slightly more TD dependent but he'll be a WR2 again like he is all the time. Getting him in the 9th round is a steal, and you'll be happy you did once the season starts.