McCaffrey vs. Mixon - who ya got?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: McCaffrey vs. Mixon - who ya got?

Postby Goddard » Fri May 19, 2017 3:02 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 2:54 pm There is no situation where I'm drafting a 2nd rounder over a top 10 pick.

The statistics say McCaffrey has a much better chance for success.

Repeat after me. "Professional scouts know more than I do by a huge margin. They have access to information that I do not. They get to meet the players, talk to their college coaches, and watch them do drills in real time. They're probably a good bit more informed than me."
I'm just curious, do you rank your rookies just based on NFL draft order in that case? I've already addressed why Mixon was taken in the 2nd several times, so I won't repeat it again. However, people don't realize that Mixon was the NEXT RB taken after McCaffery. Literally no one went between the two.

EDIT: just wanted to mention this as well. Goff was the #1 player in last's years draft well ahead of Dak (similar to Mixon, he fell due to off-field issues). Do you think those professional scouts get it wrong sometimes and would take that back in a heartbeat if they could?
Last edited by Goddard on Fri May 19, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri May 19, 2017 3:07 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 3:00 pm
Goddard wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 2:32 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 2:25 pm
I'm basing my opinion on the fact that Gio will still be in Cincy, while Carolina doesn't have a RB on the roster than can catch out of the backfield like McCaffrey can. That's not a knock on Mixon's pass catching ability, but a nod to Gio. I believe Mixon is more of a threat to Hill than to Gio, at least initially.
I wasn't necessarily just responding to you, but more so to everyone that praises CMC for his pass catching ability, but ignores Mixon's. As for Carolina, Stewart is actually a pretty good pass catching/blocking back and more of a threat for overall touches than anyone in Cinci. Gio is still recovering from ACL surgery and Hill shouldn't be a threat to anyone (if he's still even on the roster come week 1 - this will depend more on Gio's health than Mixon's abilities). Cream always rises to the top, I wouldn't worry too much about competition for either guy though.
I see where you're coming from. Hopefully my reply didn't seem snarky as it wasn't meant to be. I was also considering that based on their contracts I think Gio will be in Cincy longer than Stewart will be in Carolina as well. Agreed that if Mixon shows to be the talent that we both think he can be that it won't matter in anyway as he'll relegate Gio to a complimentary role. The same is probably true for McCaffrey/JStew committee.
Definitely didn't sense any snark, just wanted to make sure what I said earlier wasn't confusing. I think we're on the same page with a lot of this. It's nice to have an actual discussion/debate where people use facts and data, instead of calling people names because they disagree with their opinions.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Fri May 19, 2017 4:36 pm

Goddard wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 3:02 pm
49ersFaithful80 wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 2:54 pm There is no situation where I'm drafting a 2nd rounder over a top 10 pick.

Repeat after me. "Professional scouts know more than I do by a huge margin. They have access to information that I do not. They get to meet the players, talk to their college coaches, and watch them do drills in real time. They're probably a good bit more informed than me."
I'm just curious, do you rank your rookies just based on NFL draft order in that case? I've already addressed why Mixon was taken in the 2nd several times, so I won't repeat it again. However, people don't realize that Mixon was the NEXT RB taken after McCaffery. Literally no one went between the two.

EDIT: just wanted to mention this as well. Goff was the #1 player in last's years draft well ahead of Dak (similar to Mixon, he fell due to off-field issues). Do you think those professional scouts get it wrong sometimes and would take that back in a heartbeat if they could?
You do realize that Dalvin Cook went between CMC and Mixon, right? I have no idea why Cook is being overlooked by literally everyone including every site I have seen. Besides I think SugBear on this forum.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri May 19, 2017 4:56 pm

ImaRounder wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 4:36 pm
Goddard wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 3:02 pm

You do realize that Dalvin Cook went between CMC and Mixon, right? I have no idea why Cook is being overlooked by literally everyone including every site I have seen. Besides I think SugBear on this forum.
Good catch...one RB went between the two. As for Cook, I've said several times on these threads that I had him as my #1 rookie overall predraft. Now I have him 2nd just behind Mixon.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:21 pm

Many of those pro scouts that watch tape professionally and see the drills real time and talk to pro coaches said that Mixon is arguably the most talented back in the class. Plus Blaine gabbert was drafted ahead of watt... Please don't blindly follow draft order because they are pros..
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri May 19, 2017 7:14 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 5:21 pm

Many of those pro scouts that watch tape professionally and see the drills real time and talk to pro coaches said that Mixon is arguably the most talented back in the class. Plus Blaine gabbert was drafted ahead of watt... Please don't blindly follow draft order because they are pros..
:thumbup: They make mistakes too. And if they didn't, why would we even bother to watch tape and grade out incoming rookies on our own? The work would already be done for us and all that would be left to the dynasty crowd would be to compile our draft board as the NFL draft unfolded and the skill position players came off the board.

It's a piece of the puzzle, but shouldn't be taken as 100% accurate or absolute truth. Draft who you like, for the reasons that you like them. You'll sleep better at night if you do.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri May 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 7:14 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 5:21 pm

:thumbup: They make mistakes too. And if they didn't, why would we even bother to watch tape and grade out incoming rookies on our own? The work would already be done for us and all that would be left to the dynasty crowd would be to compile our draft board as the NFL draft unfolded and the skill position players came off the board.

It's a piece of the puzzle, but shouldn't be taken as 100% accurate or absolute truth. Draft who you like, for the reasons that you like them. You'll sleep better at night if you do.
Not according to Mr. 49ers. When a team takes a player ahead of another one, they are apparently 100% better than them.

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Fri May 19, 2017 8:07 pm

U do realize that it's the mixon fan boys that attack people who like mccaf better..terms like troll, what are you smoking, u must not watch tape, when you like the obviously more inclined to succeed rb over this trendy, I want to be different, and act cool pick that everyone wants in on. When you act like an arrogant, ignorant person, you get treated as such.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri May 19, 2017 8:18 pm

spotxc wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 8:07 pm U do realize that it's the mixon fan boys that attack people who like mccaf better..terms like troll, what are you smoking, u must not watch tape, when you like the obviously more inclined to succeed rb over this trendy, I want to be different, and act cool pick that everyone wants in on. When you act like an arrogant, ignorant person, you get treated as such.
Im going to assume I'm one of the people you're referring to. So I will challenge you to find a quote of me saying any of those things. However, I can probably find plenty of examples where you and one or two others have been extremely ignorant and offensive.

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Fri May 19, 2017 8:34 pm

When you join in on it, I'm not gonna take the time to distinguish what he said, she said..I really don't care.. and you can play like you didn't act like an ignorant mixon fanboy but it's pretty clear through it, you were.

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Fri May 19, 2017 8:38 pm

act appalled or snarky when someone says they like mccafrey over mixon, that pretty much signifies you as a mixon fanboy with whatever adjective youd like to add to it.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri May 19, 2017 8:43 pm

spotxc wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 8:34 pm When you join in on it, I'm not gonna take the time to distinguish what he said, she said..I really don't care.. and you can play like you didn't act like an ignorant mixon fanboy but it's pretty clear through it, you were.
The funny thing is, you continue to be offensive, even though everyone else is trying to have a civil debate about two players. As far as I know, all my responses have been arguments as to why I think Mixon is better and I try to use actual facts and data. For some reason, you just make ignorant comments attacking people and not even making an attempt at defending your opinion. It's all good though, you keep doing that and then accuse us of being "ignorant fanboys."

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Fri May 19, 2017 8:45 pm

U only act reasonable when people call you out lol. Ur a fanboy when you feel like you can be.

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Fri May 19, 2017 8:50 pm

Either way, we can squash it to get back on track or I'll at least stop

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Fri May 19, 2017 8:54 pm

spotxc wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 8:45 pm U only act reasonable when people call you out lol. Ur a fanboy when you feel like you can be.
Lol more accusations without any proof. I don't even know why you're on here when you haven't made one argument for actual fantasy purposes. This thread has officially gone out of hand. This is my last post on here. I'll continue to give actual feedback in other posts where people want to hear opinions without attacking one another. You have fun going off on your tangents. Don't bother responding because I won't be checking back.