McCaffrey vs. Mixon - who ya got?

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
jonniecakes
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

McCaffrey vs. Mixon - who ya got?

Postby jonniecakes » Tue May 02, 2017 3:15 pm

Looking at the 1.03 spot, it's safe to say that this is the debate that 1.03 will have (now, if Davis and McCaffrey go 1 and 2, Fournette is a no-brainer). What do you all think of either of McCaffrey and Mixon? Mixon has the talent level to be the 1.01 but that incident scares me and how he has - or hasn't - matured since then. Is McCaffrey going to be used as an all purpose back and get crazy touches? Taking Samuel a round later scares off some of the potential production for McCaffrey. I'm torn between the two. :wall: :wall: :wall:
Dynasty League Roster - 12-team league, 0.5 PPR, 18-player max +2 Rookies
QB Tannehill, Wentz, Fields
RB Taylor, Mixon, Fournette, Javonte Williams, Elijah Mitchell
WR Adams, Julio, Tee, Chase, Shenault, Dyami Brown, Nico Collins, Toney
TE Hockenson, Fant

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: McCaffrey vs. Mixon - who ya got?

Postby smallxl » Tue May 02, 2017 3:27 pm

This is tough. I had Mcaffrey ahead of mixon but have now flopped them. I don't trust mike shula for starters but do like the spot that both landed.
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

gopackgo
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gopackgo » Tue May 02, 2017 3:28 pm

While I think Mixon may be the better RB, I like McCaffery's chances at playing time versus that of Mixon's with Gio and Hill. I think McCaffery is definitely the better pick in PPR leagues.
10 Team non-SF PPR
QB - FIELDS
RB - BIJAN Javonte DVaughn
RB - GIBBS JCook
RB/WR - JT
WR - LONDON Pittman QJ Elijah Nico Tank RWoods MWilson Palmer DParker McKenzie
WR - JSN Flowers Doubs Reed Gallup VJefferson Thornton TMarshall MHollins JLandry
WR/TE - RIDLEY
TE - McBRIDE Fant Otton Hill Schoonmaker Washington
'24 Picks: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,5,5
'25 Picks: 1,2,2,3,4,5

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Tue May 02, 2017 3:30 pm

Mixon
Incident that knocked his draft value was 3 years ago. I believe that decreases chance he screws up again. He will be workhorse and TD back in his system. McCaffrey transforms panthers offense, but I'm here in Carolina and with the 2nd round pick of Curtis Samuel I think that took some of his receptions away, while Cam will take his TDs away.

I think McCaffrry will be the more impactful real life RB for his team, but Mixon will retain better fantasy value thanks to a disparity in the TDs between the two.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:43 pm

Mixon is the better talent IMO, plus has a better athletic profile, and he has little competition. Gio has had two major joint injuries now if memory serves well plus he will miss all of the off season and preseason training plus some regular season time too. Hill isnt much of a hurdle IMO, probably loses the job by 3rd week of preseason. So mixon has all rushing and check down work from basically day 1.

McCaffrey is great and he is right at mixon's heals. But he loses some gadget work to Samuels, TDs to cam. He will get slot work I'm sure though.

But for me, its mixon.

Ps. His off field issue isnt a call for concern, he has been sincere in apologies, hasn't committed other bad acts, I think he has turned a new leaf, it was an isolated incident.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue May 02, 2017 4:38 pm

Mixon may end up the better "real life RB" - however, give me McCaffrey for a fantasy league (assuming PPR).

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:51 pm

Phaded wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 4:38 pm Mixon may end up the better "real life RB" - however, give me McCaffrey for a fantasy league (assuming PPR).
Could you explain what you mean by real life rb? Isnt a running backs success dictated by his production? And mixon isnt a pass protection star or anything either.
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:53 pm

If you are comfortable withthe off field baggage and simply base it on the field, I have to go Mixon. I think both Hill and Gio are history in the not too distant future. With AJ on one side and Ross on the other, teams simply cannnot crowd the LOS and Mixon is going to have room to run as well as catch passes underneath and take off.

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:40 pm

Now this is a debate.
This comes down to type of owner. How do you play?
If you are a safe player take mccaffrey.
If you want the next bell difference maker potentially? Its Mixon
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Tue May 02, 2017 5:42 pm

Caff. He has a higher floor, similar ceiling, and is a high character guy. And I like Mixon more than most.

NattyDread
Rookie
Rookie

Postby NattyDread » Tue May 02, 2017 5:44 pm

Mixon fairly comfortably for me as he has a greater chance to get goal line looks due to his size.

"(now, if Davis and McCaffrey go 1 and 2, Fournette is a no-brainer)"
This I disagree with. I like both Mixon and McCaffrey over Fournette in a PPR.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:49 pm

dipANDglide wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 5:42 pm Caff. He has a higher floor, similar ceiling, and is a high character guy. And I like Mixon more than most.
Why do you think McCaffrey has the higher floor? The receiving aspect for ppr? McCaffrey is barely better in that respect. Mixon is also bigger, stronger, faster, just as elusive. I'd say mioxn has the higher floor because their ppr appeal is similar and he has the better early down and short yardage capabilities. And the higher floor due to the previously mentioned as well IMO.
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

C_n_red_again
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby C_n_red_again » Tue May 02, 2017 5:58 pm

Still trying to figure out all these posts saying mixon is faster and more elusive than mcafrey. Mcafrey posted one of the best three cone drills in the history of the combine. That's ever. His other drills outside of the bench press were also upper tier. Also many scouts said it was the best receiving performance they had ever seen by a RB. Mcafrey could be the starting slot wr on half the teams in the NFL right now. I'll take cmac all day. At least I know he's coming to work every day focused solely on playing ball and not being a knucklehead
RUDL TEAM SIX
devy-dynasty-salary cap-12 teams-full ppr
1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1flex dst kicker
Qb- Carson wentz
Rb- jay Ajayi, Joe Mixon, Damien Williams, James Connor
Wr- juju smith, Odell beckham, nuk Hopkins, , Michael Thomas,
TE- George kittle, Ian Thomas, chris Herndon
Devy squad- courtland sutton, jk dobbins , Jonathan Taylor, Travis ettienne, aj dillon
2014 runner up 2015 Champs 2016 champ 2017 runner up 2018 runner up

Team 2 horns and fins
Dynasty, devy, salary cap, 24 man roster start 1qb 2 Rb 1 tight end and a flex
Qb russel Wilson Phillip Rivers Marcus mariotta
Rb saquan barkely, Ezekiel Elliot, Christian mcafrey, Nick Chubb, Ronald Jones
Wr Keenan Allen, Micheal Thomas, Corey Davis, ty hilton
Tight end jack Doyle
Ir dairiuce guice
Devy squad jk dobbins Travis ettienne Damien Harris traveone Williams, Miles Sanders,deandre Swift, kelvin Harmon , aj brown,Brian Edwards,N’Keal Harry, tee higgins, Jerry juedy, Collin Johnson, courtland Sutton
2017 runner up 2018 champion

jpatern21
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jpatern21 » Tue May 02, 2017 6:38 pm

This is tough to be sure. CMAC likey has edge in PPR because you have to assume they are going to use him early and often spending 8 overall pick on him. But it does take a little of the shine off by drafting Samuel a round later. I also agree that Cam will vulture some TDs. Hell if they are in close, it would probably be JStew in the backfield and maybe split CMAC out. But I don't see him pounding in a ton from the 1. Although I do think the team is trying to change Cam to some degree. He's already getting injuries and if he wants to be around a while, he won't be running as much as the Cam of old. But he will vulture near the end zone.

I love Mixon's talent but he does scare me to some degree because he commands such a high pick. Like someone said above, he's for owners who are willing to take some risk.

You may have Davis there at 3 as I've seen him sliding down some boards in drafts.

collbey
All Pro
All Pro

Postby collbey » Tue May 02, 2017 6:40 pm

Personal preference but I like RBs in fantasy to be RBs 1st, WR'S 2nd. Not the other way around. Give me Mixon.