Josh Gordon Thread: Reinstatement (Deja Vu)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Mangelo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: How Dumb is Josh Gordon? Not Rhetorical.

Postby Mangelo » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:21 pm

I'll say it again. The codeine excuse is a red herring.

Mangelo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mangelo » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:26 pm

Btw, I know a lot of unintelligent people, I might even be one of them. Could you change the title of this thread?

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:29 pm

Yes, this thread is offensive to dumb people.

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:56 pm

mangelo and WZA-- you two are funny.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:24 pm

Equating rape to stupidity requires.....well stupidity.

Richman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Richman » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:56 pm

The two week suspension was because the league believed that it was prescribed by his doctor and he was just dumb. It's just like if you don't notice a school zone and get pulled over by the cops. It might be a legit reason, but you have to pay a consequence. The latest report of who he's hanging with in Florida worries me. You are now a target, It's time to chill!
gangsta blue *League Champ*(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1K,1D) 12 Team/20 Player
QB:A Rodgers
WR:Fitz,Nicks,Maclin,Garcon,D.Rodgers
RB:Rice,McCoy,R Mathews,Stacy,Michaels,Hunter,J.Bell,K.Davis,Leshoure,M.James,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Ertz,A.Robinson

Blue Droogie(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1D) 16 Team/20 Player
QB:P Manning,Luck,Mallett
WR:Nicks,D Thomas,Garcon,Thompkins
RB:Rice,Forte,Mathews,Vereen,Helu,K.Davis,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Rudolph,A.Robinson

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:17 am

The reports of who he is hanging out with is nothing to see. It's the classic case of a guy who when the microscope is on people dig for everything. Everyone wants to be in Miami partying right now and a ton of people probably are, just like majority of athletes go to the NBA All Star game and party that weekend. These guys are 22 years old, their not gonna be married and sitting in the house as a millionaire. Plus it's not like Lebron James is a druggie who can't keep his life in check so there could be worse people to be around.

All I'm concerned about are arrest and illegal drugs. Just seems like when they are talking about what city he is hanging out in and trying to party it's turning into "nit picking" territory.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Mangelo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mangelo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:15 am

Chris_R wrote:The reports of who he is hanging out with is nothing to see. It's the classic case of a guy who when the microscope is on people dig for everything. Everyone wants to be in Miami partying right now and a ton of people probably are, just like majority of athletes go to the NBA All Star game and party that weekend. These guys are 22 years old, their not gonna be married and sitting in the house as a millionaire. Plus it's not like Lebron James is a druggie who can't keep his life in check so there could be worse people to be around.

All I'm concerned about are arrest and illegal drugs. Just seems like when they are talking about what city he is hanging out in and trying to party it's turning into "nit picking" territory.
You're missing the point. It's expected for a young rich athlete to party it up in Miami. As a matter of fact, Greg Little was down there too and no one cares because he wasn't taunting anyone. It's the stupid decision making that should concern you. He should know better than to pick that scab and do it so brazenly on twitter. It's probably gonna effect his local endorsements, what few he had left after the suspension, and it's not like he's a national star that could get a McDonald's or Gatorade commercial if the Cleveland well ran dry.

Mangelo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mangelo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:18 am

Chris_R wrote:I still don't understand the NFL's program and how it works. Pead was suspended 1 game, Brazill was suspended for 4 games, Josh Gordon was suspended 2 and he was supposedly further along then anyone else. I just really don't know what the protocol is, just always seemed to me that if Gordon was so close to being suspended for a year that this one would have been 4 or 6 games. Still also very unsure how he could be further along in the program then Kenny Britt is and I've lost track of his arrest.
Arrests, murders, and trade rapes fall under the personal conduct policy. Drugs and alcohol under substance abuse.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:24 am

Mangelo wrote:
Chris_R wrote:The reports of who he is hanging out with is nothing to see. It's the classic case of a guy who when the microscope is on people dig for everything. Everyone wants to be in Miami partying right now and a ton of people probably are, just like majority of athletes go to the NBA All Star game and party that weekend. These guys are 22 years old, their not gonna be married and sitting in the house as a millionaire. Plus it's not like Lebron James is a druggie who can't keep his life in check so there could be worse people to be around.

You're missing the point. It's expected for a young rich athlete to party it up in Miami. As a matter of fact, Greg Little was down there too and no one cares because he wasn't taunting anyone. It's the stupid decision making that should concern you. He should know better than to pick that scab and do it so brazenly on twitter. It's probably gonna effect his local endorsements, what few he had left after the suspension, and it's not like he's a national star that could get a McDonald's or Gatorade commercial if the Cleveland well ran dry.

I highly doubt he was getting any endorsements. Dez was a big time College athlete and polarizing 1st rd prospect and it took him until going into year 4 to get Jordan Brand to endorse him, Gordon was hardly going to get anybody willing to put money into him. Guys like Britt, Blackmon, and Gordon don't get endorsements. I just put certain things into perspective. A DUI, illegal drug offense, getting arrested, those are things I'm concerned with. Nothing about that Miami situation concerns me and there are WR's in the top 10 right now of dynasty rankings who have done far worse then smoke weed and get caught with codiene in their system.

I know he's gonna be immature so I don't really worry about that, I just don't want him to get suspended and being in Miami and/or partying has no bearing on him getting suspended. I'm far more concerned about Blackmon then I am Gordon for whatever that's worth, even if Gordon is facing a longer suspension right now.

WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:25 am

Mangelo wrote:
Chris_R wrote:I still don't understand the NFL's program and how it works. Pead was suspended 1 game, Brazill was suspended for 4 games, Josh Gordon was suspended 2 and he was supposedly further along then anyone else. I just really don't know what the protocol is, just always seemed to me that if Gordon was so close to being suspended for a year that this one would have been 4 or 6 games. Still also very unsure how he could be further along in the program then Kenny Britt is and I've lost track of his arrest.
Arrests, murders, and trade rapes fall under the personal conduct policy. Drugs and alcohol under substance abuse.

I see what you did there :mrgreen:

Mangelo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mangelo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:37 am

Says here you can book him for all kinds of speaking engagements:

http://www.allamericanspeakers.com/cele ... osh-Gordon

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:53 am

From Tony Grossi of ESPN Cleveland:

As a rookie, Gordon was somewhat shy and a bit of a loner. He was force-fed into a starting role after not playing in college for two seasons due to suspensions and transfer. During the Browns season, Gordon had virtually no leisure time away from football. As a result, his phenomenal skills were directed to a productive first season. The third-youngest player in the NFL last year, Gordon took small steps on the road to stardom.
But when his first season ended, something happened to Gordon. He changed agents. According to a source, he gravitated to South Beach in south Florida – the party haven of young pro athletes — and ran with a different crowd. He was influenced by the wrong people. He tested positive for a banned NFL substance — codeine, Gordon said in a statement — and was slapped with a two-game suspension to start the 2013 season, and fined a total of four game checks.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why Josh Gordon?

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:21 am

It seems like a lot of people really like Josh Gordon, and I was hoping to find out why. I haven't really followed him closely so I am curious.

It's not like he blew up the league. He didn't really even do well to finish out the season.

So, can someone tell me. Why is he valued so highly?

joshb
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Why Josh Gordon?

Postby joshb » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:51 am

The numbers he put up and talent he flashed in his rookie season with a rookie qb after being out of football for a year and joining the team late was very good.
12 team non-ppr
QB Murray, Stafford
RB JT, Chubb, A. Jones, Dobbins, D. Pierce, R. White, K. Miller
WR Deebo, Metcalf, Higgins, Juju, E. Moore, Toney, M. Wilson, T. Thornton
TE Schultz, Kincaid, Musgrave, Likely